Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 31102 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Goodell lays the smack down on the Pats!
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:34 PM »
Scathing article! Lot of negatives on the Pats!

Legal spying -- not videotaping -- widespread in NFL
 By Jeffri Chadiha
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: September 13, 2007
Comment
 Email
 Print
 San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner laid out the ground rules when he addressed his team on Monday, one day after beating the Bears in the season opener.

Spy issue almost avoided
Nearly six months before the NFL's season-opening weekend turned into the latest spy story, Saints coach Sean Payton saw it coming.

It happened March 27 during the league meetings in Phoenix. Coaches on both sides of the ball were lobbying to approve a proposal to allow one defensive player to hear signals through a wireless helmet, much like the quarterback's ability to receive hands-free signals from his coaches.

As an offensive-minded coach, Payton was asked why he would want to help the defense.

"Then we don't have to worry about the whole espionage stuff," Payton explained.

Since offenses were granted the wireless connection in 1994, it has become much harder to steal plays. Today, the only precaution coaches usually take is to shield their mouths with those massive playcards. But on defense, where teams still rely on elaborate hand signals, it's more difficult to protect sensitive information.

That's why most franchises supported the idea of wireless defensive communication -- in fact, 22 of the league's 32 teams voted in favor of the proposal. But in the NFL, a rule change must garner at least 75 percent of the votes.

Thus, if just two more teams had supported the measure, it would have passed, meaning there would've been one less cameraman needed on the Patriots' sideline Sunday.

The concern of the teams voting down the proposal: What would happen if the defensive player designated as the wireless communicator was injured and had to come off the field? Since only one participating player can have a wired helmet, his backup might not be the first choice to be that designated player.

The solution? Prepare backup helmets, wired for sound, for the next players in line if the first player is hurt.

An NFL spokesman said the concept of wiring defensive huddles is likely to return to the table at next year's owners' meetings in West Palm Beach, Fla. After the Patriots' episode, odds are good that defenders will be wired in 2008.

-- Greg Garber

In shifting his team's focus to the next opponent on the schedule -- the New England Patriots this Sunday -- Turner didn't want his players speaking of revenge for last season's playoff loss. He didn't want anybody dwelling on the anger that swelled after a few Patriots mocked the post-sack celebration of Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman following that defeat.

Most of all, he didn't want his players to take a lackadaisical approach in terms of protecting the Chargers' game plan. To that end, Turner told the players that their playbooks would be locked up during their Saturday afternoon walk-through at Gillette Stadium. That was a guarantee.

Normally, Turner might not be so overly paranoid about entering another team's stadium. But ever since news spread that the Patriots were videotaping the defensive signals of the New York Jets during New England's 38-14 win last Sunday, extra precautions were being made.

"Norv wanted us to know that he was going to be careful," one Chargers player said. "We'd already heard a lot of things about the Patriots in the past. But what happened this week has made everybody a lot more cautious. He was even talking about keeping Patriots employees from entering our hotel."

But will Turner and the Chargers be as cautious in the Week 3 game at Green Bay? Or before upcoming games against AFC West foes Kansas City, Denver and Oakland? Just how widespread is the illegal videotaping of signals?

Not very, according to numerous league and team officials contacted this week. Legal spying, stealing signals, the cat-and-mouse gamesmanship -- that's done by every team. But illegal spying through the use of videotape? Not common at all, according to sources who wished to remain anonymous. Most teams adhere to the strict policies in the league's Game Operations Manual that prohibit video recording devices on the field, in the coaches' booth and in the locker room during games.

"There isn't a team in the league that doesn't try to steal signals [but] I haven't heard about teams recording footage like the Patriots were," said one longtime NFL assistant coach. "But you can bet everybody is trying to steal in some way. In fact, you can go to any NFL game and you'll find some coach whose sole job is to look for defensive signals."

Added one NFC personnel director: "What the Patriots did is extremely rare because it's against the rules. It's one of those things that if it's not Bill Belichick involved, you wonder if the coach survives something like that. What is more normal is something like a guy sitting in a press box trying to steal signs by looking at the coaches. That's why the home team usually has its back to the press box when they're in their own stadium."

While it may be difficult to believe Belichick's Patriots are the only ones using the latest video technology to their advantage, the fact is they're the only ones who have been caught. If other teams knew opponents were illegally videotaping their signals, they'd likely alert league and stadium security, much like the Jets did Sunday at the Meadowlands.

"This is the first time I've heard of somebody doing what New England did," one AFC personnel director said. "It wouldn't surprise me if somebody else has tried it in the past but the bottom line is that it's illegal. We all get the same memos from the league each season telling us what we can't do."

Added an NFC general manager: "The accusation far outweighs what is actually happening. This isn't rampant throughout the league. Now, the arrogance of thinking you could get away with it? That is the beauty of this. … It's the height of arrogance."

An AFC executive suggested that Belichick "probably got greedy and let whatever issues he has with [Jets coach Eric] Mangini get the best of him."

Another current assistant coach said the legal stealing of signals is just "good coaching. But when you start using video equipment to steal signs, you're off the reservation. I think that's a whole different matter. That goes against everything we've been taught as coaches."

That's one reason illegal videotaping of signals isn't widespread. Here's another reason: It may not be worth the risk of getting caught.

Sources say there is only so much that can be gained by stealing signals. Generally, coaches want to know only two things about the defense: (1) When a blitz is coming; and (2) What kind of coverage the defense is going to play. That type of information can be gleaned easily from other forms -- legal forms -- of spying.

Mark Brettingen/WireImage.com

Bill Belichick's Patriots might be flying solo in this spy story.

Along with using an assistant coach to chart signals during games, there is only one other common way teams steal signs -- by having somebody do it in advance. An NFC scout said that in scouting games of future opponents, all teams look for a number of things including injuries, personnel moves and signals. However, just as with having an assistant watch for signals during a game, that information is used generally for future preparation, not for current contests as the Patriots were apparently trying to do at halftime Sunday.

And even when teams do pick up those hints for future games, the impact may be minimal once the contest is under way.

"New England realistically may have been able to catch one or two plays from doing that and they could've had somebody in the press box getting the same information," said former Atlanta Falcons general manager Ken Herock, who also worked as an executive in Oakland and Green Bay. "And what you're actually talking about is one or two plays out of about 60 snaps a game. That really isn't a great advantage."

Plus, there is no guarantee a team will capitalize when it knows what plays are coming. A pass can be dropped, a block missed or a snap fumbled. There also are these likelihoods: A team can change its signs frequently, which often happens in the NFL, or a coach can confuse his own players with too much information about opponents.

Besides, it's not as though the defense isn't taking its own precautions.

Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards said stealing signals -- the legal way -- has become so widespread that most defensive coaches use elaborate systems to communicate with players.

"Just look at some of the middle linebackers now playing," Edwards said. "They're wearing huge wristbands with plays on them just like quarterbacks do. That's so they can look at a number on their wrists and know what the coach on the sideline wants to run. And of course, you have three different people sending in different signals so nobody can pick up on what you're doing. That's how crazy it has gotten."

Added former NFL coach Chuck Knox: "I never had that feeling that somebody was spying from one side to the other because most of the time you give a dummy signal. You keep changing them up. Then you have two guys on the sidelines giving them. I think it's a whole lot about nothing."

Despite whatever penalties are handed down to the Patriots, expect the legal spy games to continue, at least until the NFL institutes an audio headset for the defense similar to the system used by quarterbacks get plays from the sidelines. And if you're thinking of doing something illegal? Seeing the Patriots get caught should act as a deterrent to any team contemplating such an action.

"In the NFL, in football in general, when you have all the players and somebody is doing that, it gets out," Knox said. "There are no secrets."

Jeffri Chadiha is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Matt Mosley and Mike Sando also contributed to this report.

body88

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »
Not nearly stiff enough. The Jets played a fair game, the Pats didn't. They should have been forced to forfeit.

Forced to forfeit? They never used the tape. It was confiscated in thr first quarter. For the love of god why dont people get this?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »

Forced to forfeit? They never used the tape. It was confiscated in the first quarter. For the love of god why dont people get this?

oh, gee . . . the pats got caught the first time they attempted this . . . how sad!!!!!!!!

body88

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »
Hey guts, you admitted Ray Lewis uses drugs. If a pr guy knows this I would asume the coaches do. You are ripping the pats for attempting to tape signals? They screwed up using the cam. Stealing signals is commonplace. To my knowledge the pats have never been acccused or suing video equipment to take signs before this episode. I think its funny the pats have to give up a first round pick. You know why, they have two! Goodels punishment was not even close to as severe as many said it would be. Had Bill trully been fing around for years, he would have AT LEAST been suspended. He knows they have two first rounders. Taking one is not some huge penalty.

Further more the Broncos were fined a 3rd rounder for blatently cheating the salery cap numrous times with Elway, but the pats get docked a first round pick for taping signals they never used with a video cam? First time offense to boot. Pretty obvious this goes deeper then trying to tape some signals.

I remeber Zack Thomas bragging about stealing the pats audibles last year. They shut out the pats by 30 points at home. The pats couldent even score on the dolphins. They blew up every single play.

The pats have never one time been accused of taping anything during there sb runs. You mean to tell me no one said ANYTHING while they won superbowl after superbowl when they where so blatently taping. If people are claiming that they MUST have saw it. Or its prob bullshit, which it is.

body88

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »
oh, gee . . . the pats got caught the first time they attempted this . . . how sad!!!!!!!!

Its a good thing they have two first round picks. They got caught because mangini bit the hand that feeds him and ratted them out. You know mangini was the defensive coordinator for the pats during there sb runs right? I wouldent be shocked if he came up with the technique himself.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Should the Patriots give back their SB rings?
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »

Is it worse when White boys cheat?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

Forced to forfeit? They never used the tape. It was confiscated in thr first quarter. For the love of god why dont people get this?

Excuses don't explain and explanations don't excuse.

body88

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »
Some of the players have commented that they are worried that it may come to that. They are obvious cheaters and would probably have not won any of them had they not cheated. I think it would be a PR nightmare to do so, but do they really deserve them knowing what we know now? Also, Belichick admitted to cheating, should he be banned from the NFL?

First off, this is the first incident the pats have been involved in with a video cam and signs.Thats why they got int trouble. For the video camera.The pats had a completley different coaching staff when they won all those rings. Eric Mangini was the defensive coordinator for christs sakes. hes a cheater by default right? There is 100 percent zero proof the pats ever stole any signs in the past. There was never an accusation nor a peep during there sb runs. You mean to tell me the pats where video taping people and no one said ANYTHING when they where winning all those sb's? Never one time? Are you claiming that any recent act automatically makes you guilty for life? In that case the entire charger team are all steriod pumping goons.

Are you talking about players like heinz ward who said the pats cheated by stealing offensive signals? But forgot they played the game in Pit with officially sanctioned nfl HEADSET. He claimed the pats knew there plays right? I think he forgot he plays on offense and the signals are sent through nfl issued headsets. They cant be tampered with. The pats never touch them. Obv the guy has no idea what he is saying since there are no hand signals used for offensive plays ::) Its done with a radio from the coaches. And no you cant mess with headsets the nfl gives you before the game.

I think the two kick returns for tds is what sealed pit, not stealing offensive plays. You know since its impossible to do like he accused them and all.

body88

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »
Excuses don't explain and explanations don't excuse.

Didnt say it did. Daniel obv thinks the pats used the tapes as an advantage while kicking the jets ass. They never saw the tape. which makes his claim unreasonable and not based on fact.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2007, 08:21:51 PM »
in college they take away national championships be happy they don't do that in pros
DAWG

body88

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »
Is it? I read in the USA Today that some of the players were worried they may have to. LT said, and I quote "The Patriots motto is if we aren't cheating, we aren't trying". Hines Ward is convinced that they were cheated in a playoff game. Brett Favre is convinced they have been cheating for years as well.  Also, how do you explain a 6th round draft pick becoming a stud QB? Or a washed up WR getting 188 yards after sucking for 3 years ???

Heinz Ward plays on offense. You cant steal offensive signals. They are transmitted by NFL issued headsets. The game was held in pit. They dont use hand signs on offense  ::) Makes what ward is saying impossible.

Did you even read why the pats where fined? The tape was NOT used to aid them in the jets game. It was confiscated before they ever saw it. Randy Moss caught a 50 yard bomb in TRIPLE coverage vs the jets. Thats how he got 188 yards.

The Patriots have just released a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick:

“I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight’s ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career.

“As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.
“Part of my job as head coach is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them. My interpretation of a rule in the Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect.

“With tonight’s resolution, I will not be offering any further comments on this matter. We are moving on with our preparations for Sunday’s game.”

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »
bunch of cheaters.
DAWG

body88

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »
in college they take away national championships be happy they don't do that in pros

They cant take away previous championships because you got caught with a video cam tape you never used 3 years after you won a sb. Its obv most the people commenting have no clue about the facts of this case.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2007, 08:30:03 PM »
so you being a bias fan as you are honestly believe this was the first time they did this.
DAWG

body88

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
so you being a bias fan as you are honestly believe this was the first time they did this.

With the video camera? Absolutly. Someone would have turned them in long ago if they where doing this over years and years with blatent video equipment. Beli tried to expose a loophole and got nabbed. he got greedy. He screwed up. They didnt even use the tape in the jets game. It was taken. He didnt even get suspended. If he was part of this huge cheating ring he would have AT LEAST been suspended by the comish. A no nonsense guy ob.

The camera is what got them in toruble. teams steal sings all day long.

Where was the outrage last year when the phins stole th epats audibles and shut them out 30 to nothing at Gillete?

body88

Re: Report: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals ( mega thread)
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »
The Patriots have just released a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick:

“I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight’s ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career.

As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.“Part of my job as head coach is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them. My interpretation of a rule in the Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect.

“With tonight’s resolution, I will not be offering any further comments on this matter. We are moving on with our preparations for Sunday’s game.”

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:45 PM »
Not nearly stiff enough. The Jets played a fair game, the Pats didn't. They should have been forced to forfeit.

Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa

This one takes the prize, stupidest post in the whole thread.

BTW, the distinct lack of punishment handed down my the NFL shows how egregious the offense was.

A whole lot of people up in arms over something that isn't a big deal. The NFL doesn't even think it's a big deal, calm down haters.

body88

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2007, 09:15:32 PM »
Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This one takes the prize, stupidest post in the whole thread.

BTW, the distinct lack of punishment handed down my the NFL shows how egregious the offense was.

A whole lot of people up in arms over something that isn't a big deal. The NFL doesn't even think it's a big deal, calm down haters.

The best part is the commissioner himself flat out said the tape had no influence on the outcome of the jets game in his statement. It was not used!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
The best part is the commissioner himself flat out said the tape had no influence on the outcome of the jets game in his statement. It was not used!

Since the Pats are going to be forced to forfeit the game do you think they should surrender the Lombardi Trophies as well? Should Brady be forced to give back the Superbowl MVP awards that are sitting on his mantel?

Oh, that's right, they just have to pay a fine. Nevermind.

body88

« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
Since the Pats are going to be forced to forfeit the game do you think they should surrender the Lombardi Trophies as well? Should Brady be forced to give back the Superbowl MVP awards that are sitting on his mantel?

Oh, that's right, they just have to pay a fine. Nevermind.

No I think Heinz ward was correct on his claim that the pats stole there offensive signals that are transmitted through radio waves by headsets handed out by the NFL to each team prior to the game to ensure tampering is not a factor. I mean I know Bill is smart but I never knew he could turn radio waves into hand signals then record them on a phantom device at Pits own stadium. You know since the pats where accused of taping DEFENSIVE hand signals and all.

The two kick returns for tds was made possible by sign stealing! I am shocked the most serious and dubious crime against the nfl only warranted a fine and the lose of a draft pick if the pats make the playoffs. handed out by a man known to lay the smackdown on people who break the rules. One of the two first they have in the first round that is. The Comish must not have thought it was that serious of an offense if the pats have that extra first rounder to still give them a first round pick.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »
How pathetic, how Nixonian for NE to do this when they've already got a good team, good draft picks, etc.

Now if they do well it might mean the loss of a 1st round draft pick bwahahahahahaahahahahaha hahahah very good move by the commissioner.

Newsday:
We've heard plenty of suggestions about the punishment Bill Belichick deserves for his part in the cheating scandal that has rocked his legacy to the core.

Suspend him. Fine him. Take away draft picks. Give the Jets those picks. Make the Patriots forfeit their win over the Jets.

And perhaps the most painful of all: Make Belichick dress in a jacket and tie on the sideline for the rest of his career.

Commissioner Roger Goodell got it right: He handed out one of the stiffest disciplinary measures to a coach in NFL history. Goodell fined Belichick $500,000, the maximum allowed under the league's constitution, and took away a 2008 first-round pick if the Pats make the playoffs. If they don't, they'll surrender second- and third-round picks in the '08 draft.

Belichick can handle the cash part rather comfortably, because he makes about $5 million a year. But it's the draft compensation that really hurts. A banishment of a game or two, or even three or four, might have seemed stiffer in the short term. But taking away a first-round pick (New England is a lock to make the playoffs) is a killer. The lifeblood of teams is the draft, and taking away such a high pick inflicts far more pain.

"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on coach Belichick," Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

He's right. But what really interests us is the sentence that reads: Commissioner Goodell informed the Patriots that the NFL will closely review and monitor their coaching video program, effective immediately.

So the league will look into how long Belichick has engaged in the kind of cheating he attempted Sunday. We deserve to know how long it was going on.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote.

There have long been suspicions in league circles that Belichick has engaged in videotaping sidelines in an effort to steal defensive signals. The Steelers have suspected it for years, dating to when Belichick was the Browns' coach from 1991-95.

The competition committee proposed a rule this year that would allow defensive signals to be sent in via a helmet headset in part because it learned that the Patriots were illegally stealing signals. The institution of such a system fell short by two votes, but I guarantee you it will be adopted at next year's owners meetings. One reason it didn't pass was out of concern that teams would need more than one defensive player to have a transmitter because of frequent substitutions. But to prevent what the Patriots did, it's worth any minor glitches.

Belichick's legacy has taken a major hit, and I don't know if we can ever look at him the same way. He remains one of the game's most brilliant defensive tacticians -- ever -- yet we keep wondering why he couldn't simply rely on that guile to win fair and square.

No one can take away Belichick's three Super Bowl wins with the Patriots. But you have to wonder if they were earned at least partially under false pretenses. Did he know what opponens would do because he was illegally videotaping their signals? We might never eliminate the suspicions, so his legacy will be forever tainted.

The only way for him to absolve himself is to win a ring legitimately. He will have the chance to do that this season; he wouldn't be foolish enough to cheat now. And his opponents undoubtedly will change their defensive signals that Belichick might have videotaped.

Belichick's team is good enough to win it all, and so is his coaching. Even if he doesn't make another Super Bowl run, Belichick's achievements will earn him a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, the man considered a genius also will take his rightful place in the Pro Sports Hall of Shame.

body88

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2007, 03:46:01 AM »
What does posting an article of some guys opinion prove? Obviously a serious piece of journalism with the "make Belichick wear a suit" for the rest of the year as punishment comment. The pats have TWO first round draft choices. a second rounder, TWO third round choices, a 4th , 5th, 6th, 7th plus comp picks. The loss of a first round pick is really not even a big deal. if the pats make the playoffs they still have a full plate of picks plus an extra third rounder and comps. Had Goodell wanted to come down hard he would not have ignored how the pats have an extra first rounder so the loss of one still leaves them with a first rounder. They only lose it if they make the playoffs. He didn't even suspend Bill. A guy who hands out suspensions like candy. Second why is he mentioning forfeting a game? The commissioner himself said that was never a consideration after reviewing the tape. Goodel flat out said the tape had no impact on sun game vs the Jets.The jets do infact suck.

I love how he talks about Bill possibly cheating in Cleveland! Well then that proves that crap doeset matter at all. The Brown's SUCKED over the four season's Bill coached there. If memory serves me correct the steelers where fined a third round draft choice for illegal practise procedures one year. Why is there no mention of Eric Mangini and cheating? Bill's protege and main man.The pats defensive coordinator during there superbowl runs. If they where cheating all those years. Mangini was a HUGE part of it. Since Mangini learned from bill his success with he jets is based on cheating correct? I forgot no one ever saw or mentioned a video cam during that superbowl runs, weird. I'm sure the pats ran in at half time and used that whole 15 min to decode hundreds of hand signals with a cam no one ever saw or reported.

The lack of punishment in this case proves what Shula, Parcels, Reeves and many other actual football guys have been saying. This is not that big of a deal. The witch hunters can sleep good knowing the pats had to fork over some cash and one of there 500 draft picks for the worst crime in the history of the NFL  ::) This punishment is not severe at all. Bill makes well over 5 million per year. The pats are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL. You think 750 grand in fines means anything?

Mike Shanahan is one of the greatest coaches ever. You know he is a cheater also? The Broncos where fined a third and a fifth round choice over a few seasons when they cheated the salary cap several times with John Elway during those sb runs. Anyone ever talk about that? In that case he was a proven cheater. Not just proven to have had a cam on the sidelines and to have violated league policy for the possibility to cheat. Anyone talk about Mike being tainted? Nuff said.

Shula, Reeves and Parcels all said this was no big deal. Ill take there opinion over some newsweek geek who never played a down in his life!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2007, 08:30:12 AM »
Glad its over. I hope Bill runs up the score on every  team that we play, who whined about losing to the Pats because they "cheated".
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »
Glad its over. I hope Bill runs up the score on every  team that we play, who whined about losing to the Pats because they "cheated".

So do I. I'll be at Gillette Sunday night watching it. And don't think Belichick won't use this to his advantage with the players. He'll have them believing that no one thinks they can win without cheating. This thing feeds right into philosophy.

body88

« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2007, 10:05:02 AM »
Dont call mods douches for stating an opinion and your posts wont get deleted. You dont run this board, and your not going to turn it into a flame war every time you post some inflamatory comments. Your only purpose is to stir the pot. Post something other then insults and they will all stay.