Author Topic: RIP Pellius..... Board Legend Passes Away.....Official Tribute Thread  (Read 24016 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Pellius..... Board Legend Passes Away.....Official Tribute Thread
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2021, 09:32:03 AM »
Like I said,I`m glad to be above ground and I feel great.

I struggle with depression an anxiety issues but it`s not like that is anything new to me,I just have good and bad days much like anyone else but I tend to worry too much and it`s hard to shut my brain down so my sleep is terrible but any day above ground is a day to be thankful for and I am grateful to be here.

Does exercising help you to sleep better? Also, doesn't it relieve some of the depression and anxiety? Are you able to take any medications to calm the depression and anxiety. Don't drink coffee or have other stimulants after mid-afternoon.

I used to have trouble sleeping. I'd wake up many times during the night. A very low dose of Trazadone made quite a difference. Trazadone is also a anti-depressant. Eventually, I lowered the dose to the point where I weaned myself off it completely. Occasionally, I'll wake up once during the night, get up, pee and go back to bed. If I can't get back to sleep, I'll read for or do some other low physical activity. The worst thing to do is to fight not being able to sleep. It increases the anxiety.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2021, 09:35:52 AM »
It makes me sad that nobody really seems to know his situation, housing, money, family, cause of death or otherwise.  Lot of speculation.  There's a part of me that thinks Pellius himself would be calling that out.

I have the impression that Pellius was a very private person when it came to his personal life. But then if he were to discuss it, it probably would have been with someone he liked and got along with.

My guess is many people's online personality is dissimilar to how they interact with folks in person. No doubt many if most of us on Getbig don't know each other well. Those who do, do so via PM's or other types of one on one communications.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »
Funny you should say that. I've always thought that one day when older, I might just pick up a job at a local Lowes or Home Depot in order to learn more of the house rehabbing stuff and pick up some tradesman-type skills. Some of us that grew up in big cities have very little clue as to how to work on a house (put up walls with insulation, put down flooring (carpet/wood) with baseboards, proper painting, installing light fixtures onto a ceiling, plumbing, putting in an electrical outlet etc). Those are incredibly valuable skills that I mostly have my condo building's maintenance crew handle (we pay for their services on a monthly basis). Growing up I always admired men that knew how to do shit like that. Very honorable and respectable.

One thing I can do is work on cars and engines (old man taught me that), but soon with electrical cars taking over that skill will become obsolete.

Good for Pellius to have picked up something that was fun and edifying to do.

"1"

I bet you'd role play at home just wearing the Orange Home Depot Apron and nothing else.  Hey big boy, where can I find the Hammer, Drill and Screws????

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
How did Josh
I bet you'd role play at home just wearing the Orange Home Depot Apron and nothing else.  Hey big boy, where can I find the Hammer, Drill and Screws????

"Sir, can you help me find the hammer section?"

<lifts up apron>
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »
Funny you should say that. I've always thought that one day when older, I might just pick up a job at a local Lowes or Home Depot in order to learn more of the house rehabbing stuff and pick up some tradesman-type skills. Some of us that grew up in big cities have very little clue as to how to work on a house (put up walls with insulation, put down flooring (carpet/wood) with baseboards, proper painting, installing light fixtures onto a ceiling, plumbing, putting in an electrical outlet etc). Those are incredibly valuable skills that I mostly have my condo building's maintenance crew handle (we pay for their services on a monthly basis). Growing up I always admired men that knew how to do shit like that. Very honorable and respectable.

One thing I can do is work on cars and engines (old man taught me that), but soon with electrical cars taking over that skill will become obsolete.

"1"

It has been said that necessity is the mother of invention. When I was in my 20's, I completely remodeled our old 1909 bungalow,  moving the location of the bathrooms and Kitchen, installing new windows and adding walls in some areas and removing them in others. I also completely rewired the place. It paid off because we eventually sold it for more than three times what we'd put into it.

For the past several decades I've done less and less of this type of stuff myself, preferring to hire professionals to do it. It is not a great idea for people my age to be climbing up two stories on ladders to clean the gutters or weeding the rock garden, losing my balance and tumbling down the boulders. Falling can be a problem for very senior folks. I'm grateful I can afford to hire work done that I prefer and probably should not to myself anylonger.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2021, 11:56:23 AM »

"1"

Old cars will be around for a long time. You can still wrench on an older model. Some of my friends back in Texas still build 60's and 70's muscle cars.

I've always wanted to get an old truck and fix it up nice, just don't have the time right now.

I was building cars with my dad as a kid. I rebuilt my first engine at 14 (with his help). It's a fun hobby to have as long as you have a bit of patience.

My dad had a 68 Fastback Mustang that he drag raced. We worked on it together almost every weekend for 15 years. I wish he wouldn't have sold it.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2021, 12:13:48 PM »
"Sir, can you help me find the hammer section?"

<lifts up apron>

:D :D gold
"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2021, 12:36:05 PM »
He mentioned needing surgery recently, I believe on his hip. He was supposed to have the surgery soon. IDK if that had to do with it or not.

Thanks for sharing this info.
However, you're right, it's impossible to know if that was related to his death at this point.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2021, 04:18:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing this info.
However, you're right, it's impossible to know if that was related to his death at this point.

I hope his family see how much love pellius is getting here and give us some closure.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
Gentlemen,  it can be amazing how some care only how a person died instead of how they lived.  Pellius was a good man.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »
It makes me sad that nobody really seems to know his situation, housing, money, family, cause of death or otherwise.  Lot of speculation.  There's a part of me that thinks Pellius himself would be calling that out.

I highly doubt that. He had a strong sense of self-responsibility.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2021, 08:13:01 PM »
I didn’t know him but I recently learned that we actually trained at the same gym.  Different times though so I don’t think our paths ever crossed.  Seemed like a solid dude based on everyone’s comments.  RIP.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2021, 09:30:22 PM »

pellius
RIP

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2021, 11:05:01 PM »
When I joined getbig years ago, I copped quite a bit of abuse from a few here. Pellius was always respectful towards me from the very beginning. I enjoyed our debates even though we didn’t always see eye to eye. I gave him the Knickname “Penislust”. I am not sure he liked it but it’s getbig and it was all in fun. I am quite shocked that he passed away so young because he  always kept in very good shape and took care of himself. I am going to miss his presence here. Penislust Rest In Peace! ❤️

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2021, 03:20:14 AM »
I gave him the Knickname “Penislust”. I am not sure he liked it

yeah, he probably didn't like it !  :D   ;D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2021, 04:14:47 AM »
I thought it was penisslut lol

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2021, 04:32:29 AM »
Don't forget he was also called Penius

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2021, 07:35:34 AM »

My dad had a 68 Fastback Mustang that he drag raced. We worked on it together almost every weekend for 15 years. I wish he wouldn't have sold it.
I can relate to that post! Wow a '68 fastback! What color?

A few years ago, I purchased a 2011 dark purple mustang convertible V8 with black drop top and cream interior.
It was a real gem  with low miles , in mint condition. I finally owned my "dream car". 

However, after 4 years the mileage got higher and some basic mechanical issues began to creep in.
It just wasn't practical to keep it any longer and the cost to maintain it for daily driving was getting pricey

2 years ago, I was offered a top dollar trade in value for it at a nearby KIA dealership.
So, I used the Mustang trade in value towards a new, loaded KIA Optima.

The Optima rides like a limo and has awesome options like heated seats and steering wheel  :D.

I miss the old mustang when I see pics of it, BUT, I love driving my Optima.

strgth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2021, 08:15:25 AM »
Very sad news. RIP Pellius. Always fun to read him and seemed like a solid and good man IRL. My condolences to his family and close friends on here.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2021, 12:28:04 PM »

A few years ago, I purchased a 2011 dark purple mustang convertible V8 with black drop top and cream interior.
It was a real gem  with low miles , in mint condition. I finally owned my "dream car". 

Then I got cucked by a Kia dealer who talked me out of it.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2021, 12:52:11 PM »
Seemed like a decent enough guy. RIP Pellius.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
It's pretty early, although not uncomon to have heart failure at 61. He did have a history of steroid use, and the harsh kind like trenbolone. Just saying,... even if you do it at a young age, it can come and bite you in the ass 30 years later.

About the guy.. he liked bickering back and forth like alot of us... and he took some shit but had thick skin and didn't care so I respected him for that. Sad he didn't even get to see retirement age. RIP

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »
Old cars will be around for a long time. You can still wrench on an older model. Some of my friends back in Texas still build 60's and 70's muscle cars.

I've always wanted to get an old truck and fix it up nice, just don't have the time right now.

I was building cars with my dad as a kid. I rebuilt my first engine at 14 (with his help). It's a fun hobby to have as long as you have a bit of patience.

I can see old cars being outlawed in blue states like California soon. The already outlawed old trucks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2021, 04:02:34 PM »
I can see old cars being outlawed in blue states like California soon. The already outlawed old trucks.

Doesn't that only apply to older diesel power trucks used for commercial purposes?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2021, 08:58:40 PM »
I hope his family see how much love pellius is getting here and give us some closure.

Seems unlikely they'd see this and even more unlikely they'd then reach out.  They couldn't post, and calling or emailing someone feels odd and I think the psychological transaction cost in doing so means more likely they'd just smile, but do nothing, especially considering no obit, no online condolences and the time that's already gone by.  Bums me out, cause I'd like to know also.