Author Topic: UFC 156 - Overeem knocked out!!! Major Upset!!!  (Read 9716 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: UFC 156 - Overeem knocked out!!! Major Upset!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 09:41:33 AM »
hes been ko'd before in worse fashion, came back fine.

He will, Will.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
In the Zone we shall meet.

try the Dome, biatch.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/435728/Cro-Cop-Reem-owes-his-excellence-to-something-dirty-and-prohibited/

"I wasn't surprised by Silva's victory at all and I had believed he would win," said Cro Cop. "I don't want to come off as a smart-ass or say I knew it all along, so I'll explain why I'd believed so. First, Silva is a big tough guy with a huge heart who had demolished Fedor and he needs no better reference than that, and Alistair hugely underestimated him and belittled him with his arrogant statements, so this mobilized Silva in the best possible way. Second, Silva is a natural heavyweight, and Alistair - for the first time since way back in 2007, when he began to gain huge weight – fought without the drugs he had used constantly for years, including testosterone and all the other s--- that goes with it.

"Watching the weigh-in, I saw that his muscles mass was nowhere near his usual, he had the weight, but he wasn't nearly as carved out and defined, since he couldn't take anything because he was watched by the Athletic Commission. This also reflects on the psyche of a man who's been using stuff to increase his strength, endurance, pain tolerance and aggressiveness for years, and now there was none of that. Alistair is an excellent fighter, but he still owes that excellence to something that's dirty and unpermitted, and, in the end, very dangerous to health.

"I don’t think he was concerned by that, he wanted success at any cost. And the third thing is, Alistair had behaved so arrogantly that someone needed to put him back in his place. His belittling of Silva was repulsive, saying that after beating up Silva he'd go for the belt, and at the weigh-in and entering the arena he acted like he invented the fighting sport, and he's been behaving with so much arrogance lately that I'm glad Silva put him back in his place and taught him a lesson!

"Congratulations Silva, from the heart!"
A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
overeem made silva look like his bitch for two rounds

he got caught because he was over confident

doesnt make him a bad fighter

he will come back better

being confident isnt a crime lots of jealous little bitches in this thread
T

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »
"demolished fedor" ::)

sports talk makes everyone a retard, i guess

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
40 years ago, BigFoot would have made a living in a Circus freak show.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
Em Bigfoot did demolish fedor, did you see the fight? He disfigured him, he bet the shit out of him for the two rounds the fight lasted. Fedors other two losses were a submission to werdum and flash ko v dan Henderson. Bigfoot bet him up for ten minutes

Tigerblood

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
Em Bigfoot did demolish fedor, did you see the fight? He disfigured him, he bet the shit out of him for the two rounds the fight lasted. Fedors other two losses were a submission to werdum and flash ko v dan Henderson. Bigfoot bet him up for ten minutes

That was a great fight. As much power as Silva has Fedor was able to take some heavy punches

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »
That was a great fight. As much power as Silva has Fedor was able to take some heavy punches
Oh god yeah, fedor never quit, was ref stoppage as u know

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:08 PM »
I don't think there's a more PED'd fighter today than Bigfoot.  He has already tested dirty for 'roids, and his medical condition (acromegaly) throws his GH levels through the roof.  Anybody that walks in the ring to fight him should be given a Louiseville Slugger just to level the playing field.  He's a leech/moocher to boot (at least according to Wolfslair). 

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
"demolished fedor" ::)

sports talk makes everyone a retard, i guess

So, what's your take on that fight then? Please do share...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »
  Damn  Mirko just owned Overeem

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
I don't think there's a more PED'd fighter today than Bigfoot.  He has already tested dirty for 'roids, and his medical condition (acromegaly) throws his GH levels through the roof.  Anybody that walks in the ring to fight him should be given a Louiseville Slugger just to level the playing field.  He's a leech/moocher to boot (at least according to Wolfslair). 

Please elaborate on what wolfslair said

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

Hahahaha  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
I think besides the knockout, what I liked most about the Silva/Overeem fight was Alistair's entrance song and how he coordinated his walk-in to match the pace of the song.

Anyone remember the song name?

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
Antonio Silva is a very humble human being. 

Even during the UFC 156 post-fight conference, he was such a gentleman.  He even complimented Alistair on his striking (calling him a lion when striking) and said that he (Silva) fights in the ring, not outside.

I believe Silva knows his limits and understands that while he can't beat Cain Velasquez (at the moment), he can hang with anybody in that division and, if underestimated, can even pull out a major upset against some of the bigger names.

Overeem will be back.  The guy is a talented fighter (K1, Strikeforce and Dream champion).  He has all the tools, but his arrogance will get in the way and cause him to sacrifice what's important in order to win a fight (cardio, stamina, proper respect for your opponent).

"1"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »

Even during the UFC 156 post-fight conference, he was such a gentleman.  He even complimented Alistair on his striking (calling him a lion when striking) and said that he (Silva) fights in the ring, not outside.

I believe Silva knows his limits and understands that while he can't beat Cain Velasquez (at the moment), he can hang with anybody in that division and, if underestimated, can even pull out a major upset against some of the bigger names.

Overeem will be back.  The guy is a talented fighter (K1, Strikeforce and Dream champion).  He has all the tools, but his arrogance will get in the way and cause him to sacrifice what's important in order to win a fight (cardio, stamina, proper respect for your opponent).

"1"

You forgot PEDs he was taking when he beat Lesnar. He's my favorite MMA fighter but it is what it is. When he's all jacked up he's unstoppable. At lower weights as see throughout his career he's easier to beat.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

"1"
I think Silva would fare better against Velasquez if he wasn't cut so badly and blinded by blood.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
 ped, heart, chin, cardio, stamina, and proper respect for opponent

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
You forgot PEDs he was taking when he beat Lesnar. He's my favorite MMA fighter but it is what it is. When he's all jacked up he's unstoppable. At lower weights as see throughout his career he's easier to beat.

I am a huge supporter of lifting the ban off of controlled substances when it comes to ALL sports.

While I appreciate the hard work and training that it takes to become the elite of the sport, I do think that for the entertainment value of it all, it wouldn't hurt if they all had every possible advantage when stepping into the octagon.  For instance, some guys like Jon Jones genetically have gifts (longer reach, height etc) that other guys don't have in his weight class, which makes him difficult to beat.

I say let them all use PED, that way we will get the most exciting fights possible.  A great example of this is Wanderlei Silva.  During his prime (PRIDE days), he was juiced to the gills and was probably one of the top 3 most exciting fighters of that era.  Suddenly, he comes off the steroids and he looks like a wounded puppy in most of his fights.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
I say let them ALL use PED, that way we will get the most exciting fights possible.

^

Exactly.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
I think Silva would fare better against Velasquez if he wasn't cut so badly and blinded by blood.

I think Silva would give anyone trouble on the mat with his solid JiuJitsu.  What I worry about is Silva's ability to match Cain's striking, which is in a league of it's own.

This is why Overeem would be a good match for Cain.  IMO those two would go blow for blow and Cain would take it, because sooner or later he would break through Overeem's defense and his chin would be exposed.  The flip side is that if Overeem delivers K1-level kicks and strikes, he could also knock Cain out.

Unfortunately for Overeem, I think he would have to beat 2-3 solid guys to get back in line for a fight with Cain. Dana White won't get a hard on for him again unless he pulls some seriously decisive wins.

If I had to determine what 3 guys he would face, before he is allowed to fight Cain, I would match him in order against Barnett, Cormier and then Junior Dos Santos.  

"1"