Author Topic: Could you beat up a welterweight boxer  (Read 33741 times)

gee38

• Getbig IV
Re: Could you beat up a welterweight boxer
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 05:59:26 AM »
my money would be on the boxer all day

in the same way that my money would be on the bber in a posedown

its comparing apples with oranges

try an olympic shot putter vs a bber

the athlete would outthrow all day as its HIS EVENT

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »
why do they have weightclasses then?????  ::) ::) ::)
size means a lot!
sure a big dude will win from a small dude, IF the big dude knows how to fight a little.
I train mma, and bjj, a lot of guys far better then me, but smaller and lighter have a hard time with me.
And a 150 pound guy does not hit as hard as a 250 pound guy. never ever!
That is the whole reason they have weightclasses, so it is fair.

When you have a big dude that knows 0 about fighting , sure he wil get ko'd by a lighter and skilled fighter....
But if the big dude knows how to fight, the lighter dude is in trouble.
And you do have badasses that never trained in fighting but would kill any mma fighter in the streets!
i know a lot of mma fighters that are big pussies in a streetfight, it's not the same thing.

look at Bob Sapp, he beat Hoost, a world class kickboxer.... why ???? SIZE!
Sapp his fight against Noqueira, have you seen that fight? Sapp almost killed him....! Noqueira got him in the end, but he was never the same after that fight.... he got hurt bad! why ?? size!!
k1 champ Semmy Schilt, not a very skilled fighter at all! boring as hell... won the k1 various times, why??? size!!
to say size means shit is stupid....

haha.. listen mr MMA: with all your size and bj training a weltereight of olympic caliber wout lay you out all the time every time. Go to a boxing gym and challenge the flyweights homie :))))))))))))))))

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 06:20:39 AM »
haha.. listen mr MMA: with all your size and bj training a weltereight of olympic caliber wout lay you out all the time every time. Go to a boxing gym and challenge the flyweights homie :))))))))))))))))
mr MMA .. lol.. original man thought of that one all by yourself?
and it's bjj training... not bj training, keep the blowjob training for yourself please.... ::)

i train at a boxing gym, and get my ass kicked by boxers, like i said.. but they do not KO me..
and in a streetfight where anything goes, I will take them to the ground and it's over.
you make it seem that boxing is somekind of ubermartial arts form, it;s not!
and the flyweights do not hit that hard, lol.... you know that you throw your weight into a punch , right??
so more weight =  a harder punch....

Be Happy,
Optimus

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 06:21:37 AM »
no matter how tough they seem on stage they only weigh 140 lbs. could you hulking beefcakes dispose of them? do you think the average 230lb pro bber could beat them up in a street fight? is technique alone enough to make up for 90+ lbs in muscular bodyweight?

In a boxing match   a 115 lbs decent amateur or pro  would beat any  240 lbs Pro BB in less  than 5 minutes , no ifs or buts .
street fights , that's a whole different story .

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 06:28:03 AM »
In a boxing match   a 115 lbs decent amateur or pro  would beat any  240 lbs Pro BB in less  than 5 minutes , no ifs or buts .
street fights , that's a whole different story .
depents on the pro bb..... if he trained wrestling in highschool??? or maybe he started as an mma fighter and got in bb later in life...???
depends on the skills of the fighter!!!
the whole reason they have weightclasses is for it to be fair!
because if all is equal the heavier fighter is a advantage, a big one even!

a skilled fighter will kill a 240pounds dude with no skill, sure!  and in a ring , sure even more so....
but people here say size means shit... that is very wrong! size means a lot! that was my point...  ;D
Be Happy,
Optimus

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »
mr MMA .. lol.. original man thought of that one all by yourself?
and it's bjj training... not bj training, keep the blowjob training for yourself please.... ::)

i train at a boxing gym, and get my ass kicked by boxers, like i said.. but they do not KO me..
and in a streetfight where anything goes, I will take them to the ground and it's over.
you make it seem that boxing is somekind of ubermartial arts form, it;s not!
and the flyweights do not hit that hard, lol.... you know that you throw your weight into a punch , right??
so more weight =  a harder punch....

Vitor Belfort vs Scott Ferrozzo , Tank Abbott was doing commentary and said Roy Jones ain't gonna knock out Mike Tyson , two seconds later Vitor dropped Ferrozzo , without missing a beat Tank says ' okay I could be wrong ' lol

Ferrozzo was over 300 and Vitor I believe was under 200 , it all depends on the fighter , a size advantage is not a foregone conclusion to a victory , Scott Hackney vs  Emmanuel Yarborough , Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans , Royce Gracie vs Kimo , I mean I could go on-and-on

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 06:34:37 AM »
If the bodybuilder has never had any kind of fight practice, it's only fair that the boxer has never done any kind of resistance training.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 06:36:37 AM »
depents on the pro bb..... if he trained wrestling in highschool??? or maybe he started as an mma fighter and got in bb later in life...???
depends on the skills of the fighter!!!
the whole reason they have weightclasses is for it to be fair!
because if all is equal the heavier fighter is a advantage, a big one even!

a skilled fighter will kill a 240pounds dude with no skill, sure!  and in a ring , sure even more so....
but people here say size means shit... that is very wrong! size means a lot! that was my point...  ;D

I thought the question was,  ww  boxer vs big muscular untrained bodybuider.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 06:40:43 AM »
Vitor Belfort vs Scott Ferrozzo , Tank Abbott was doing commentary and said Roy Jones ain't gonna knock out Mike Tyson , two seconds later Vitor dropped Ferrozzo , without missing a beat Tank says ' okay I could be wrong ' lol

Ferrozzo was over 300 and Vitor I believe was under 200 , it all depends on the fighter , a size advantage is not a foregone conclusion to a victory , Scott Hackney vs  Emmanuel Yarborough , Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans , Royce Gracie vs Kimo , I mean I could go on-and-on
vitor was 200 plus in that fight, was a heavyweight fight....
and please Ferrozzo?? i said when all is equal lol!
i get your point bro... agreed actually...
just people say size means shit, and that is wrong, size means a lot. That is the whole reason they have weightclasses!
Be Happy,
Optimus

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »
I thought the question was,  ww  boxer vs big muscular untrained bodybuider.
then offcourse the boxer will win.....
i did not see the untrained part in the thread though... lol!
also is it in a ring or in the streets....
just size does mean a lot! that was my whole point....
Be Happy,
Optimus

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:34 AM »
I have seen some top amateurs (121 fights 113 wins) get badly owned in a fight. he was about 150lbs.

He got beat up by an average guy in teh street on a night out.

I find that if boxers forget that when they fight in the street and there are no rules that they do very well most of the time. However many of them box within boxing rules and it does not work.

Saying that the average 230lbs bodybuilder cannot throw a punch and most likely has never been hit before.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 06:58:12 AM »
depends on the personality of the bodybuilder and his experiences in life

a guy like phil heath for example seems like he wouldn't even know how to make a fist

a pissed off kai greene on the other hand...

just me assuming kai greene is tougher and more violent since he's from the ghetto

:D

it would require the fearlessness and aggression to eat a punch or two and be able to get a hold of the boxer and manage to get on top of him

then kai would be able to murder him

circling around in boxing range lol another story

i don't know much about fighting tho, just thinking out loud

Boxers are no grapefruits.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 06:58:43 AM »
a trained welter can pick apart a bb in the ring. Yes, there is a power factor that goes into the equation. The bb should be able to absorb the shots for a period, but they accumulate fast + if that bb is pushing himself to capture the welter while being under duress (getting tagged) he will tire even faster in that ring (seize up) thus the welter will simply start teeing off on him until the big man has fallen or simply gassed.

In a street fight i'm taking the bb all day (if he is aggressive in nature)...all he has to do is get his hands on a welter and it's a wrap. Power-bomb time.

If the bb is aggressive in nature (in the ring) he'll try to land a halo bomb on the welter on any part of his body...they (the welter) will respect the power but they STILL have the tool bag to pick him (bb) apart no matter the bb cardio.

like one poster said..apples and oranges comparison. When I spar with lightweights up to middle the key for me is speed..not power even though I outweigh them. Lateral movement, countering and speed. I reserve my power for later on when I get tired (which I always do simply bc I can't keep up a 60-70 punches a rd pace with them at over 200+ for 12 rds)...I check them with my power LATE. If I did it early I'd be dead tired after 2-3 rds.

welters are fucking fast as hell man. get in there and spar...lightweights are even faster. sure I can absorb when I need to but the shots add up in there...trust me. I don't care if it's floyd mayweather....even he will talk about how he made a 200+ guy quit before he talks about ko'ing pacman or mosely..etc. When I spar lighter guys their eyes light up b/c they see me as a mark at 200+, so they go even harder to try to punish me....so imagine how they'll tee off on a bb with no boxing skills.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »
I have seen some top amateurs (121 fights 113 wins) get badly owned in a fight. he was about 150lbs.

He got beat up by an average guy in teh street on a night out.

I find that if boxers forget that when they fight in the street and there are no rules that they do very well most of the time. However many of them box within boxing rules and it does not work.

Saying that the average 230lbs bodybuilder cannot throw a punch and most likely has never been hit before.

yeah the key is taking the shot. Most humans let alone bb'rs can't take a boxers shot..even if from a lighter guy it's something never experienced before...even if it's not a ko shot..it's stunning.

and yes..boxers in street fights have a higher % of winning but they can lose if they are the 100% boxer rules of the game type fighters with ZERO street in them. I'd take a 200+ guy with street skills over a 147 lb amateur boxer all day(in a street setting). Street fights are not about attrition or stamina...it's about getting the job done simple and fast.

I always get the "nobody must mess with you out in town" line b/c of my boxing history...I tell them..1) I don't fight in the streets for one thing b/c I will kill somebody and it's not b/c of boxing skills 2) I wouldn't box anyway if I had to fight in the streets...it don't work most of the time. Nobody is going to let me establish the jab and use lateral movement in the streets...they are going to rush me(and that is leaving out the gun, jumping element)..this is where knowing muay thai, grappling and judo comes in handy...not boxing...that is last..if I see a guy wanting to trade...then yes..all day boxing.

Knowing how to box in the streets only means you can land a shot and shut a guy down completely IF and only IF you get that alley to do so. Most of the time you are getting rushed like a blitz in the NFL with no rules...knowing how to hip toss, clinch..etc works here..not establishing the jab or right hand. lol

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
It takes about 800 is of force to knock out a guy that big. the small boxer can't hit that hard.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
It takes about 800 is of force to knock out a guy that big. the small boxer can't hit that hard.

you are leaving out the element of using another force (countering)...a timely placed right hand counter on a big guy rushing in with his chin out on a platter = KO all day. His body mass and force will probably surpass that 800 ratio alone due to his aggression...this is where being a boxer pays off...all we do is "place the shot"...basically just land the shot on the sweet spot ....use your energy to add to the blast (power) thus a KO is the end result.

if you have a thick neck (wrestlers neck or football neck we like to call it) you can probably absorb that blast though. I have a football neck and head so KO'in me is not happening..I wont allow it..even a sucker punch...that fucker better be mike tyson. You have to be prepared to know that everybody doesn't go down from a punch in the fight game. What is your backup plan? ...etc

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 07:50:01 AM »
you are leaving out the element of using another force (countering)...a timely placed right hand counter on a big guy rushing in with his chin out on a platter = KO all day. His body mass and force will probably surpass that 800 ratio alone due to his aggression...this is where being a boxer pays off...all we do is "place the shot"...basically just land the shot on the sweet spot ....use your energy to add to the blast (power) thus a KO is the end result.

if you have a thick neck (wrestlers neck or football neck we like to call it) you can probably absorb that blast though. I have a football neck and head so KO'in me is not happening..I wont allow it..even a sucker punch...that fucker better be mike tyson. You have to be prepared to know that everybody doesn't go down from a punch in the fight game. What is your backup plan? ...etc

Lol you are quite the monster, what are your stats?
Team Pat Banana

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 08:06:14 AM »
Lol you are quite the monster, what are your stats?

nah man I'm not a world beater dude. I'm a cool, laid back guy. I'm just aggressive by nature and love the sport of physical combat. I like to teach what I've been taught, learn and also improve my game to help. I'm currently 5'11 215 34 yrs old. holding a nice holiday snug 15-17% bf right now lol. work out twice a day..6am weights cardio for an hour then after work 1 hour boxing/whatever in my home gym. If I get a call to spar I'm ready to help a brother out.

I'm a system engineer full time for a prominent DOD contractor/ Master degree/married no kids type, so I don't do this (fight) as a career, fighting is a hobby for me(i'm just good at it lol), but I want to make sure i'm in shape if I get the call. Got a guy in colorado about to fight on Dec 17..I stay in shape to get him in some good spar right now. He's a welter. I get down in weight, fly out there and get him in some good heavy power sparring(all for free...he's a homie). The guy he's fighting aint no way in hell he hits harder than me type stuff.

Other than that man, I'm your regular avg get bigger man. Nothing special. I just happen to have deep fight game knowledge and love to learn. My muay thai I learned from a guy that did TRUE muay thai from thailand.

In addition.. a little secret...if you want to make your neck a shock absorber do neck exercises every other day. I do neck flexions minimum ever other day along with shrugs to build a nice thick solid dog neck. Mike Tyson didn't take a good shot b/c of his head movements..it was b/c he had a nice thick shock absorbing dog neck. my neck is only 17 at my stats (always been since high school).

If  you have a flat bench just lay over it laterally and do side to sides, up and downs, circulars ..etc with normal head weight...you can add weight alter after your neck is strong enough to support your head weight. this will help the avg human take a blast in the streets imo. Get a tennis ball and tuck it under your chin to chest(force yourself to punch from this position at all time)...this is where you need to always keep your head during fighting to absorb blasts with zero KO % ratio. Hopkins does it the best.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:16 AM »

::)

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 09:12:46 AM »

Crack Alert!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
If yourn't a retard and you have that much weight on someone you should be able to steamrole them. You can eat the first punch or two on top of the head while you do a running bull rush takedown like cock chestner does.
Make sure you put your health card in your sock, so the EMTs can find it.  ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
 240lbs  HW champion JDS  ''best hands'' in the UFC  vs a 150 lbs  ''C'' level   PRO  welterweight boxer .

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »
240lbs  HW champion JDS  ''best hands'' in the UFC  vs a 150 lbs  ''C'' level   PRO  welterweight boxer .

that's boxing rules

ronnie coleman in his prime would send him to the mortuary in no rules fight

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
ron coleman was a cop,he surely did know how to throw a puch or two.And i WOULD NOT want to be hit by a 300 lbs guy who was strong as an ox.  ::)
GETBIG!

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
ron coleman was a cop,he surely did know how to throw a puch or two.And i WOULD NOT want to be hit by a 300 lbs guy who was strong as an ox.  ::)

and not to mention cops would know how to do a basic take down and boxers no matter how high level they are are usually helpless at wrestling