Author Topic: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community  (Read 23965 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2021, 07:29:56 AM »
Just so, so right on the money. Pure, unadulterated truth. So rare these days which makes it even that more beautiful.

You made my day.

Thanks. It’s a pet peeve of mine. You see a lot of it here in New York City even though we have a large black population. The white liberals all live in very white neighborhoods. And if you can afford to live in those neighborhoods you can afford to live in the hood but none of them do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2021, 07:32:07 AM »
Another day - another one as follows: 

Up at 4 am. 

5-6 am        -    Weights and sandbags, kettlebell, medicine ball, etc 
6-7 am        -   4 Mile Ruck

I already have 6 miles on my watch clocked in. 

Shizzo - what did you do so far today?

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2021, 07:38:01 AM »
Thanks. It’s a pet peeve of mine. You see a lot of it here in New York City even though we have a large black population. The white liberals all live in very white neighborhoods. And if you can afford to live in those neighborhoods you can afford to live in the hood but none of them do.
I hate Liberals. They make sure their kids go to the best schools. They do not have to live with cockroaches.  ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:49 AM »
Another day - another one as follows: 

Up at 4 am. 

5-6 am        -    Weights and sandbags, kettlebell, medicine ball, etc 
6-7 am        -   4 Mile Ruck

I already have 6 miles on my watch clocked in. 

Shizzo - what did you do so far today?

I imagine Shizmeister wakes up just before noon - to microwave pancakes his mom left out for him before she went to work.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #354 on: April 15, 2021, 07:53:43 AM »
50 min with 5 15 sec hard efforts mixed in:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #355 on: April 15, 2021, 08:01:35 AM »
50 min with 5 15 sec hard efforts mixed in:

TL - what app is this?
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #356 on: April 15, 2021, 08:09:45 AM »
TL - what app is this?

Strava. I use Garmin connect as well:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2021, 08:17:22 AM »
Strava. I use Garmin connect as well:

Ah, Strava's a pay app.

I cheap out and use the free ones
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #358 on: April 15, 2021, 08:54:25 AM »
Ah, Strava's a pay app.

I cheap out and use the free ones

It’s free for the basic stuff. There’s a subscription option for a bunch of features you don’t need.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #359 on: April 15, 2021, 10:14:08 AM »
It’s free for the basic stuff. There’s a subscription option for a bunch of features you don’t need.

I'm going to break trend an add running to my program as incremental work.

Currently, the conditioning parts are short and brutal - for example 5 consecutive sets of 1:30 consisting of: 150 meter shuttle run, use remaining time for 120lb sandbag clean to shoulder and slam.

Sweat like crazy and gassed, but my running suffers.  I had to run two miles through the woods and it felt like shit the other day, when it should be a 15 minute breeze.
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2021, 02:33:01 PM »
Two-miles run in 15:00 is impressive for a bigger guy GA.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2021, 05:10:19 PM »

Oh yes some do. What would be the motivation for them to do that? It is gentrification, which eventually displaces the poor who can no longer afford to live in those neighborhoods. Hundreds of NYC-area neighborhoods are exclusive or "super-gentrified," while others are at risk. Among the neighborhoods in New York that have been gentrified are Tribeca, DUMBO and parts of the Upper East Side.

I'm not picking on New York. Gentrification is a problem for the poor everywhere. It is a big problem in the Portland Metro area where what used to be 'the hood' a close to downtown neighborhood in N.E. Portland has been gentrified, displacing many who have lived there for generations. Many of these people now live much further from downtown and the industrial areas where some of them work. So the people who can least afford it are spending more on transportation to their jobs and services which are often not available in these low income suburbs.

One solution is to for cities to require a certain amount of affordable housing in all neighborhoods. There are problems with this idea though. If the city sponsors large scale low income projects and they can find contractors willing to build them, they become hell holes (ghettos within the project). Mixed income housing doesn't often work because of high real estate values.

For all of time there have been the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Those at the top of the ladder wish those on the bottom rungs would just disappear even though these are the folks who out of necessity accept the jobs those with money will not. We all wish there were easy answers, but they don't exist. If they did, everyone would live 'the good life'. 

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: April 15, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »
It's normal to want to move to a cleaner neighborhood with less crime.  It's PC culture to try to make it into some sort of racist motivation and to paint things as 'white flight.'  You could see gentrification in countries other than the US too, it isn't a racist thing.  I don't see gentrification as a problem.  I see it as evolution.
 Neighborhoods change.  It's normal.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #363 on: April 15, 2021, 09:38:04 PM »

I imagine Shizmeister wakes up just before noon - to microwave pancakes his mom bought for him before she went to heaven.

Fixed.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2021, 01:33:07 AM »

I imagine Funkmeister wakes up just before noon - to microwave melons his cousin left out for him before he went to Popeyes.

Fixed.
Q

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #365 on: April 16, 2021, 04:31:28 AM »
Oh yes some do. What would be the motivation for them to do that? It is gentrification, which eventually displaces the poor who can no longer afford to live in those neighborhoods. Hundreds of NYC-area neighborhoods are exclusive or "super-gentrified," while others are at risk. Among the neighborhoods in New York that have been gentrified are Tribeca, DUMBO and parts of the Upper East Side.

I'm not picking on New York. Gentrification is a problem for the poor everywhere. It is a big problem in the Portland Metro area where what used to be 'the hood' a close to downtown neighborhood in N.E. Portland has been gentrified, displacing many who have lived there for generations. Many of these people now live much further from downtown and the industrial areas where some of them work. So the people who can least afford it are spending more on transportation to their jobs and services which are often not available in these low income suburbs.

One solution is to for cities to require a certain amount of affordable housing in all neighborhoods. There are problems with this idea though. If the city sponsors large scale low income projects and they can find contractors willing to build them, they become hell holes (ghettos within the project). Mixed income housing doesn't often work because of high real estate values.

For all of time there have been the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Those at the top of the ladder wish those on the bottom rungs would just disappear even though these are the folks who out of necessity accept the jobs those with money will not. We all wish there were easy answers, but they don't exist. If they did, everyone would live 'the good life'.

Your excuses are a lot like DMX’s kids: so numerous that it’s hard to keep track of all of them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: April 16, 2021, 04:45:48 AM »
Great week of training.  Trained all 5 days - 2 hours a day.  Every day. 

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2021, 07:38:41 AM »
been upping my game will be ripped to the bone.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »

You're killing it, bro.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2021, 11:37:33 AM »
You're killing it, bro.

Thanks man - its my hobby.  When its something you really enjoy , you look forward to it and its not work at all. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2021, 05:34:46 PM »

do you work or just train
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2021, 06:11:18 PM »
do you work or just train

Every day same routine.  5-7 am train.   Usually 1 hour weights followed 1 hour ruck or fast walk.

7:15 -5:15 work. 

Sleep 8-9.  To 4 am.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2021, 03:04:00 AM »
Every day same routine.  5-7 am train.   Usually 1 hour weights followed 1 hour ruck or fast walk.

7:15 -5:15 work. 

Sleep 8-9.  To 4 am.

How do you get ready for work in 15 minutes after a workout? You don't shower? Eat? It takes me 15 minutes just to change clothes, then brush my teeth and hair.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2021, 04:20:17 AM »
How do you get ready for work in 15 minutes after a workout? You don't shower? Eat? It takes me 15 minutes just to change clothes, then brush my teeth and hair.

I train outside and have not gotten disgusting yet but change at the office which is across the street from where I train. . 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2021, 05:05:42 AM »
Would love to change clothes where Soul Crusher is changing

Then sharing an Aquafina with him (i opened it of course)
Q