Author Topic: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community  (Read 24566 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »
“I need my pasta “

“I have a back injury “.

“The doctor chiro told me not to do x y z”

“Last diet didn’t work for me “

“I’m getting a new trainer “

“I ordered a peloton bike “.

“I just don’t like the classes at the gym “

“My work schedule is so busy lately “.

You fng name it.

Careful, you might be giving some lazy people ideas.  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2021, 06:05:42 PM »
I have a problem with FitBit watches. On facebook I see a couple of women that want credit for being alive. They put on the watch and declare their steps for the day like they accomplished something for strapping on a watch. 

I think the bottom line is if you have a work ethic and workout you will be in shape. We all have ups and downs in our training life but if you are willing to do the work you will succeed. Right now I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs.  It seems like climbing a mountain.  Hopefully I will get there by Summer.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2021, 07:12:08 PM »
That's nothing to brag about.
There are levels to swimming:
- Olympic level swimmers
- People who can swim
- Dogs who can swim
- People who can't swim

Wading in the shallow end during recess, does not constitute: "excelling".

Dude - how in the fck can you even comment in any thread addressing physique / training / diet??? You literally are morbidly obese and you have NEVER once been in shape in your life. If you admitted that you’d never actually had a gym membership - no one would doubt you.

I just don’t understand how you can be so seemingly interested in an activity that you’ve never once participated in???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2021, 11:25:52 PM »
I have a problem with FitBit watches. On facebook I see a couple of women that want credit for being alive. They put on the watch and declare their steps for the day like they accomplished something for strapping on a watch. 

I think the bottom line is if you have a work ethic and workout you will be in shape. We all have ups and downs in our training life but if you are willing to do the work you will succeed. Right now I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs.  It seems like climbing a mountain.  Hopefully I will get there by Summer.

If someone thinks a FitBit watch is going to do the work for them, this is a mistake. On the other hand if monitoring your activity with a watch is fun and satisfying, what is the harm?

You frequently report how far you ran in a given time period or in regards to your workouts, which exercises you did and how many sets and reps you achieved. So what if a watch is doing the calculating for you? You still have to do the work.

Put a FitBit on or its equivalent on your wrist then lay in bed all day. Trust me your FitBit isn't going to bail you out....if it could talk, it will tell you that you are a lazy ass.

My cousin has been an exercise fanatic all of her life, running, biking and lifting weights. She wears a FitBit. It has not slowed her down. She is just as active as ever...only now she can boast about her achievement as per what her FitBit logs.

Be positive about your weight loss goal. It is realistic. Instead of thinking it is hard to do, tell yourself that it is going to be a breeze. And heck, if it takes you all the way to August or early September to lose that 10 or 15 lbs. You still lost it before summer was over and all is good.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2021, 01:34:26 AM »
Dude - how in the fck can you even comment in any thread addressing physique / training / diet??? You literally are morbidly obese and you have NEVER once been in shape in your life. If you admitted that you’d never actually had a gym membership - no one would doubt you.

I just don’t understand how you can be so seemingly interested in an activity that you’ve never once participated in???

:D ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2021, 11:28:05 AM »

Its unbelievable isn't it?   Imagine someone trolling a musician page who never even played an instrument or even liked music?  This in essence is Shizzo.   Never worked out a day in his life yet trolls a lifting page. 

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2021, 08:18:05 PM »
Here's all the advice you need, don't waste your money on a gym membership. Buy one set of dumbbells for high reps and one set for heavy lifts also some bands might be beneficial

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2021, 10:26:38 AM »
Here's all the advice you need, don't waste your money on a gym membership. Buy one set of dumbbells for high reps and one set for heavy lifts also some bands might be beneficial

For the past year+ now since I am not man enough to go to gyms during COVID I have worked out DA-style with just dumbbells and resistance bands.  Haven't touched a barbell in over a year, for the first time in like 25 years.  Interested to see what it's like when I get back to an actual gym hopefully soon.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:38 PM »
Gentlemen,

Now that I am older and more prone to injuries, I have changed the way in which I work out. During my youth (20's-40's), I would do a 5 day split, where I would work 2 body parts per day with HIT, but even as heavy as the weights were, I would still get in high reps (albeit spaced out). During the past, I would also supplement my weightlifting with training in both boxing and JiuJitsu to get more flexibility, improved stamina and to give my muscles a different view for functionality purposes.

Today, I have stepped away from contact sports and with regards to training, I tend to workout 5 days of the week (Mon-Fri), do full body workouts, strictly use machines (with few exceptions of course) and tend to go full-rack on said machines during all 5 days. Granted, while machines are generally safer, I know that going full weight rack on all machines for 5 days straight can't be good. That said, it has been working like a charm and the results are very noticeable.

Here's my question:

I am thinking of continuing my 5-day workouts and continuing to do full-body circuit training while strictly using machines, but I would like to alternate and make it to where I do "Heavy" workout Mon-Wed-Fri (ie full weight rack exercises on all machines) thereby activating type 2 muscle fibers, while doing 65-75% weight capacity on Tuesday & Thursday in order to give my muscles & neurons a rest, while activating type 1 muscle fibers. I also wonder whether this will likely reduce likelihood of injury, while improving overall stamina + endurance. 

Do you believe this is a good approach? If not, what would you change? Remember, I'm in the Coach age-range and I do not use hormones of any type (just a daily baby aspirin).

Thank you all in advance for your feedback..

"1"

OMR, this thread has grown pretty long.  Read the first page, but the first thing that stood out to me in your initial post was the whole body workout 5 days a week.   Am I interpreting you right that you do every bodypart or at least most 5x a week?  I don't agree with that for anyone with maybe the exception of somenone brand new to working out, overweight, and just needing to burn calories/get in a groove......and that would only be for the first month.....possibly two if they didn't feel fried/bored already.  I devised a 12 week plan a while back, and lost 18lbs of fat while gaining 12lbs of muscle back b4 Covid kept me out of the gym.  I believe you've lifted for awhile, and are over 40 like me.  I have it layed out in Excel so that every two sheets is 2 weeks worth of workouts.  You can easily change exercises based on equipment at your gym, and I will happily explain my logic behind it to you.  Do you have a bullshit email account without your real name like I do for when you want to stay anonymous?  If you do, and are interested in checking it out pm me and I will send to you.  It is a 5 day split, but not whole body every day.  The only thing that gets trained 2x per week is my week parts, and they are just a few sets of 1-2 exercises supersetted b4 I get to the main muscle group I'm training.  It is a "heavy" and "light" type of thing, but done within each week vs. a few heavy weeks followed by a week or two of light where you (at least I, lose gains/step backwards in strength as well)  Let me know if interested, and I will send.  I've done routines for myself and many others over 30+ years working in the gym and supplement industry, and to me this is the best thing I ever came up with.  Added benefit, is not much cardio needed at all.  Never did more than 30 minutes.  Either way, hope you find a plan you like that works well for you!

Cheers,
MyT1

Johnholmes

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2021, 03:40:35 AM »
OMR, this thread has grown pretty long.  Read the first page, but the first thing that stood out to me in your initial post was the whole body workout 5 days a week.   Am I interpreting you right that you do every bodypart or at least most 5x a week?  I don't agree with that for anyone with maybe the exception of somenone brand new to working out, overweight, and just needing to burn calories/get in a groove......and that would only be for the first month.....possibly two if they didn't feel fried/bored already.  I devised a 12 week plan a while back, and lost 18lbs of fat while gaining 12lbs of muscle back b4 Covid kept me out of the gym.  I believe you've lifted for awhile, and are over 40 like me.  I have it layed out in Excel so that every two sheets is 2 weeks worth of workouts.  You can easily change exercises based on equipment at your gym, and I will happily explain my logic behind it to you.  Do you have a bullshit email account without your real name like I do for when you want to stay anonymous?  If you do, and are interested in checking it out pm me and I will send to you.  It is a 5 day split, but not whole body every day.  The only thing that gets trained 2x per week is my week parts, and they are just a few sets of 1-2 exercises supersetted b4 I get to the main muscle group I'm training.  It is a "heavy" and "light" type of thing, but done within each week vs. a few heavy weeks followed by a week or two of light where you (at least I, lose gains/step backwards in strength as well)  Let me know if interested, and I will send.  I've done routines for myself and many others over 30+ years working in the gym and supplement industry, and to me this is the best thing I ever came up with.  Added benefit, is not much cardio needed at all.  Never did more than 30 minutes.  Either way, hope you find a plan you like that works well for you!

Cheers,
MyT1

why not post it here? are you hitting on OMR?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2021, 07:25:24 AM »
The real question is: Who hasn't wanted to hit Onemorerep, with either a brick or a reproductive organ?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2021, 07:42:33 AM »

Yes, it's funny how this 10,000 step thing actually became 'a thing'

And these are usually the (larger) gals that make a big deal of 'hydrating' and talking about 'water retention' and 'being good' when there's chocolate around

I guess the FitBit must be counting all the times they are raising their hands to stuff food into their fat faces  ;D
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2021, 07:43:33 AM »

This is not difficult.  Be consistent and disciplined.  Do basic exercises.  Stay away from bs and idiotic nonsense that will get you hurt. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
Yes, it's funny how this 10,000 step thing actually became 'a thing'

And these are usually the (larger) gals that make a big deal of 'hydrating' and talking about 'water retention' and 'being good' when there's chocolate around

I guess the FitBit must be counting all the times they are raising their hands to stuff food into their fat faces  ;D

They are not that accurate either.  I did a marathon a few years ago and device didnt register the 26.2 or even close.

Johnholmes

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2021, 08:23:56 AM »
They are not that accurate either.  I did a marathon a few years ago and device didnt register the 26.2 or even close.
I bet you have repeated this a million times on here. Told everyone i ran a marathon..  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »
I bet you have repeated this a million times on here. Told everyone i ran a marathon..  ::)

Ummmmmmm, ask Grape - he was there too.   ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2021, 09:39:57 AM »

You need not explain yourself to a tired old gimmick who keeps returning.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »

Translation: "JohnHolmes" hasn't accomplished a single thing in his gimmick life. Fuck- 300 pound people have done marathons yet you can't even get off the couch to get to the refrigerator, so your mom does it for you, lol

Go do your double Arnold split now, haha.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2021, 11:06:04 AM »

1)Don't know how
2)I wouldn't want dipshits like you having something I normally charge for for free
3)If I was going to hit on OMR, or any gay guy here I would have done it a long time ago.  The site is pretty open, and I'm sure the PM's are pretty prevalent.....but you already know that you shitty gimmick queer.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
I feel you are running from something. Something that you can't track with miles or steps on your smart watch, or compliments from for your family.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2021, 01:54:22 PM »
I feel you are running from something. Something that you can't track with miles or steps on your smart watch, or compliments from for your family.

I like challenging myself.   Maybe you should so once in your life other than drinking vodka and sucking dicks.  Put down the bottle, put down the taco bell, get off your lazy, fat, slow, useless butt and do something. 

Why are you even posting in this thread? 

Did you train today?  No. 

Do you have anything remotely to contribute to this site in terms of fitness, bodybuilding, etc?  No.  ZERO.   You are the epitome of what not to do and what no one ever hopes to descend to in life.  Maybe that is your contribution here, being the scare scenario of how things end up by not training and being a lazy slug. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
This is not difficult.  Be consistent and disciplined.  Do basic exercises.  Stay away from bs and idiotic nonsense that will get you hurt.

this is all good advice.

I got to thinking about the 5 day a week all body work out. If Onemorerep is consistent, disciplined and does basic exercises, there is nothing wrong with his routine if it is working for him. There are folks whose employment requires hard physical labor five or more days a week. People into competitive sports whether amateur or professional train frequently, maybe even every day. Many of them are quite fit.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
I like challenging myself.   Maybe you should so once in your life other than drinking vodka and sucking dicks.  Put down the bottle, put down the taco bell, get off your lazy, fat, slow, useless butt and do something. 

Why are you even posting in this thread? 

Did you train today?  No. 

Do you have anything remotely to contribute to this site in terms of fitness, bodybuilding, etc?  No.  ZERO.   You are the epitome of what not to do and what no one ever hopes to descend to in life.  Maybe that is your contribution here, being the scare scenario of how things end up by not training and being a lazy slug.
You sound like a middle school gym teacher.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »
You sound like a middle school gym teacher.

I know my hearing is bad....but I cannot 'hear' a thing either of you say.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2021, 02:47:18 PM »
I know my hearing is bad....but I cannot 'hear' a thing either of you say.

I’m still perplexed why someone with zero interest in health or fitness posts here.