Author Topic: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community  (Read 24400 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community
« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
I have an assault bike and treadmill.   Also do a lot of rucking.   I hate running so fng much.   For me tossing in a heavy ass pack and walking fast is way more my style.

I didn't know what an assault bike was, so I looked it up. Now I do. They are pretty much in every gym I belong to and I've definitely used them. Just never thought about what they were called. I've also sometimes work out on the assault rower, which I really enjoy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2021, 04:51:51 PM »
I didn't know what an assault bike was, so I looked it up. Now I do. They are pretty much in every gym I belong to and I've definitely used them. Just never thought about what they were called. I've also sometimes work out on the assault rower, which I really enjoy.

The air bike is one of the best pieces of fitness gear you can get.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2021, 05:11:06 PM »
The air bike is one of the best pieces of fitness gear you can get.

If only I had a spare room where I could set up some equipment. That I don't is my own fault. And I could do a set up in the garage if I weren't so obsessive about putting my car up. I see so many homes around here where people have packed their garages full of shit they will probably never use that there is no longer room for an automobile much less two or three. The only time there are cars in my driveway is when someone is visiting.   

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »
If only I had a spare room where I could set up some equipment. That I don't is my own fault. And I could do a set up in the garage if I weren't so obsessive about putting my car up. I see so many homes around here where people have packed their garages full of shit they will probably never use that there is no longer room for an automobile much less two or three. The only time there are cars in my driveway is when someone is visiting.

Perhaps you could put it on your lawn, next to the “Black Lives Matter” sign.💡

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2021, 02:42:48 AM »
it was just the contradiction, he disgareed then agreed with pellius

If you are over 200lbs then you could run on pillows and it would still fuck you up long term
nit picking. guess i annoyed you along the way. jackass  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2021, 03:05:44 AM »

Assault Bikes should be regulated and banned.  No one needs a black assault bike.   

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2021, 03:16:24 AM »
I have an assault bike and treadmill.   Also do a lot of rucking.   I hate running so fng much.   For me tossing in a heavy ass pack and walking fast is way more my style.

Running sucks but it is the best way to get away from MLK boulevard if you get flat tires
Q

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:39 AM »
Running sucks but it is the best way to get away from MLK boulevard if you get flat tires

This is true. An assault bike isn’t going to be of much value under those circumstances👎

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2021, 04:10:47 AM »
;D :D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2021, 08:02:42 AM »
Ab work 5 to 7 days a week
Gallon of milk
Acv
Try extremely high cxarbs when u get tired especially fruit
Almonds
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2021, 08:40:50 AM »
Soaring Wings-exercise 3 times a day 4 times per week

Kale Greens

Sea Salt

Electricity

Grass clippings

Jethro Tull-Workouts (boxing and dumbbells) 3 times per week

Assault Bike 1 day per week

Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2021, 12:24:40 PM »

I have to be honest here, the 'In Our America' sign is currently leaning against the fence on the side yard about 60 ft or so back from the street. You'd really have to look hard to see it from the sidewalk or the street. I moved it when I was having the front yard landscaped and just never put it back. Do you think I should do that now or just leave it were it is?  ;)

BTW, there are signs that only have the  'Black Lives Matter' statement on them. I did not chose to get one of those because what I believe is that all lives matter.

The sign I have.

The sign I won't use.

This sign says what I believe. But, I won't put one out because it is unfortunately interpreted as an anti Black Lives Matter sign.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »
I have to be honest here, the 'In Our America' sign is currently leaning against the fence on the side yard about 60 ft or so back from the street. You'd really have to look hard to see it from the sidewalk or the street. I moved it when I was having the front yard landscaped and just never put it back. Do you think I should do that now or just leave it were it is?  ;)

BTW, there are signs that only have the  'Black Lives Matter' statement on them. I did not chose to get one of those because what I believe is that all lives matter.

The sign I have.

The sign I won't use.

This sign says what I believe. But, I won't put one out because it is unfortunately interpreted as an anti Black Lives Matter sign.

Thats just humiliating.   Would you allow a refugee camp on your lawn and has a hoarders' mess like Straw does with trash and refuse all over the place?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2021, 01:16:37 PM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2021, 01:19:48 PM »
Prime,

The Uber liberal Distance running community is abuzz about the newly renovated Hayward Field. It’s in Eugene Oregon. I looked up the demographics. The lack of diversity is appalling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene,_Oregon

The racial makeup of the city was 85.8% White, 4.0% Asian, 1.4% Black or African American, 1.0% Native American, 0.2% Pacific Islander, and 4.7% from other races.[9

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »

The sign I have.

The sign I won't use.

:).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
Thats just humiliating.   Would you allow a refugee camp on your lawn and has a hoarders' mess like Straw does with trash and refuse all over the place?

I was going to write, ask a dumb question get a dumb answer, but decided not to be snide.

No, I would not allow a refugee camp or a homeless camp on my lawn. What is more, there is very likely a city ordinance that prohibits it. For example where I live, one cannot park a RV on the street or in their driveway for more than a short time whether it your own RV or a visitor's.

If a friend or family member was homeless, I would let them stay with me temporarily until they got it together. Actually, my wife and I did this a couple times for family members in need.

I have always taken great pride in the places where I've lived, even when I was young and rented. There is no excuse for doing otherwise. It cost very little to keep one's home maintained, organized and clean.

What is humiliating? The signs? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2021, 02:33:52 PM »
Prime,

The Uber liberal Distance running community is abuzz about the newly renovated Hayward Field. It’s in Eugene Oregon. I looked up the demographics. The lack of diversity is appalling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene,_Oregon

The racial makeup of the city was 85.8% White, 4.0% Asian, 1.4% Black or African American, 1.0% Native American, 0.2% Pacific Islander, and 4.7% from other races.[9

Why is it appalling? There are no laws prohibiting Asians, African Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, etc. from living in Eugene. There are laws disallowing racial and ethic discrimination though. The reason for this lack of diversity is economic. Just as it is where I live. Anyone who can afford to buy or rent is welcome. I don't know about Eugene's affordable housing rules, but there is nothing in West Linn's City laws requiring a certain percentage of affordable housing. Public transportation is very limited in my area as is commercial development. There is a very limited number of entry level jobs.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2021, 02:37:16 PM »
Why is it appalling? There are no laws prohibiting Asians, African Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, etc. from living in Eugene. There are laws disallowing racial and ethic discrimination though. The reason for this lack of diversity is economic. Just as it is where I live. Anyone who can afford to buy or rent is welcome. I don't know about Eugene's affordable housing rules, but there is nothing in West Linn's City laws requiring a certain percentage of affordable housing. Public transportation is very limited in my area as is commercial development. There is a very limited number of entry level jobs.

I didn’t make  up these new woke rules . If your area under represents minorities, you’re racist. It’s as simple as that. Putting a Black Lives Matter sign on your lawn isn’t going to change things.

You all should be doing more to attract minorities vis a vis very generous welfare programs. You know, free shit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »
You all should be doing more to attract minorities vis a vis very generous welfare programs. You know, free shit.

Your suggestion is very simplistic. Not surprising, most folks don't bother looking into the details of these issues and resolutions before they offer their  opinions.  It takes more than generous welfare programs to create racial and ethic diversity in an area.

For example the Oregon housing authority has a rent voucher program for people who meet the low income qualification. To use the voucher there has to be affordable housing. I just checked Zillow, there are very few places for rent in West Linn at the moment. The least expensive is $1,200 a month for a 2 bd, 1 ba 850 sq. ft. apartment. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/

Oregon also has a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) which anyone who qualifies can apply for regardless of where they live.

The same is true for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). OHP is free health coverage from the State of Oregon for people who meet income and other requirements.

In order to qualify for Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF) a person has to be unemployed or under-employed and have at least 1 dependent under the age of 18 or is pregnant.

That there isn't available affordable housing is a Statewide problem. It is one of the reasons for our high incidence of homelessness. There was a recent article in the Oregonian about the lack of affordable housing despite a multi-million dollar Federal grant. Although, the money was provided several years ago, hardly any of it has been used.

The problem is that construction companies aren't interested in building affordable housing because there is so little profit in it as compared the profits from high end housing. If I remember correctly, only one public housing project has been built in Portland so far. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2021, 03:30:15 PM »
Blah blah blah. You’re one of the most liberal areas in the country yet you have no minorities.

You’re all a bunch of fake long-distance civil rights activists.

The truth is is that if you ever had to live with the people you patronize so much, you’d want out in short order.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
Prime's new signs when they start diversifying West Linn :) -

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
T

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2021, 02:09:09 AM »
Blah blah blah. You’re one of the most liberal areas in the country yet you have no minorities.

The truth is is that if you ever had to live with the people you patronize so much, you’d want out in short order.

Just so, so right on the money. Pure, unadulterated truth. So rare these days which makes it even that more beautiful.

You made my day.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2021, 07:22:28 AM »