Author Topic: Making a comeback !!  (Read 18757 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Making a comeback !!
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2021, 08:20:26 PM »
Are you at least on a TRT dosage? I feel like that wouldn’t hurt, you don’t need much more than that to look good.
No TRT still get rock hard and can fuck for hours several time a day if my wife would allow it...........just cant blow a load over the Fenway Park wall these days.  ;D

Too much information?

Sorry !! 

NO HOMO

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2021, 10:36:04 PM »
For chest I figure push ups,as they get easier I`ll elevate my feet in a chair and probably dips,back will be bent barbell rows,and bent-over laterals {kind of limited here}.shoulders Bradford Press,Lateral raise,front raise,bent  over laterals.....I`ll probably do them all in a row no rest then a few sets of wide grip upright rows,alternate dumbell curls,french press,barbell curl,one arm extrnsions done as Super-Sets...........ab work and lots of walking everal times a day, with calves done on a nice block I constructed years ago.

Obviously not trying to compete or get huge.......... just lean out and look... SIMPLY MARVY.   LOL  ;D.

I know for a fact that most older guys should stop competing at a certain age but if I hadn`t have been a fool and fucked myself medically I bet I could still look great with just a bit of gear.{FUCK TONY PEARSON}............but alas,I must pay the proverbial piper as must we all in one way or another.

At 6I years of age {I`ll be 66 June 7th and yes gifts are welocome} I was squatting sets of 10 for a few sets with 315 and of course these were real squats no curtsy shit,did 3 sets of deep flyes with the 65 pounders for 12 perfect reps with less than 60 second rest between set and reps on inclines with 225..........all weighing around 160-165.

Nothing incredible but credible for being 61 years old.

A few D-Bols,a couple shots of Test per week was all I was taking and I was fucking ripped to shreds also.

With muscle memory and knowiing my body like a book if I apply myself,and I`m determined to do so, I should look far better in 90  days and almost as good as Marty in a few decades   ;D

Seems like a good routine. One question about doing several exercises in succession, isn't that going to be a problem with COPD? Measured breathing  and short rests seems like it would be better. But, you're the expert not me.

I have a routine where the rest time is really short, like not more than 30 seconds between sets. It's just enough for me to be able to calm my breathing. There are a couple of exercises where I need a minute or two, those being leg presses and squats with added weight I can pretty much do squats with very little rest between sets when it's just me I'm pushing up.

Not so funny story about push ups. Many years ago I was on a body-weight only exercise routine. When push ups became too easy, I decided to do them with three chairs, one to put my feet on and one for each hand. My idea was to go deep and get a good stretch. I ended up doing something to  my left hand. It blew up like a balloon and hurt so bad that I was cussing out loud all the way to the hospital. By the time I got to emergency, my hand was so hot I thought it was going to spontaneously combust if something wasn't done quick. If I remember correctly, the folks in emergency didn't seem to know what to do. I think they injected cortisone into my hand and sent me home. The next morning my hand looked skeletal like the inflammation had burned off what little meat there is on someone's hands. In a couple of days, the hand was back to normal.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2021, 03:13:36 AM »
Awesome Wes! Baby steps at first then your endurance will improve.I actually had my hip replaced this past year so I’ve been dealing with a little atrophied muscle myself.Who knew all those squats would damage your hips huh .Best of luck Buddy.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2021, 03:22:30 AM »
WES IS KING
Q

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2021, 03:48:10 AM »
Awesome Wes! Baby steps at first then your endurance will improve.I actually had my hip replaced this past year so I’ve been dealing with a little atrophied muscle myself.Who knew all those squats would damage your hips huh .Best of luck Buddy.
Wow sorry to hear that Cook..................ha ng in there my friend.
And yes,babysteps are in order...... could actually not do more than that even if I wanted to.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2021, 04:10:53 AM »
Wow sorry to hear that Cook..................ha ng in there my friend.
And yes,babysteps are in order...... could actually not do more than that even if I wanted to.
oh no I feel better after the replacement than I have in about 5 years.Doc said “Holy shit that’s the worst hip I ever saw” He said I should have done it 2 years earlier. Feels great now. Go get em Wes we are all hoping the best for you.I also have seen guys like you who are naturally lean get in shape in no time.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2021, 04:14:31 AM »
Lets go Wes!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2021, 04:20:08 AM »
TEAM WES
WE ARE WITH YOU!

WHOLE GETBIG GOT YOUR BACK!
Q

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2021, 04:22:23 AM »
Seems like a good routine. One question about doing several exercises in succession, isn't that going to be a problem with COPD? Measured breathing  and short rests seems like it would be better. But, you're the expert not me.

I have a routine where the rest time is really short, like not more than 30 seconds between sets. It's just enough for me to be able to calm my breathing. There are a couple of exercises where I need a minute or two, those being leg presses and squats with added weight I can pretty much do squats with very little rest between sets when it's just me I'm pushing up.

Not so funny story about push ups. Many years ago I was on a body-weight only exercise routine. When push ups became too easy, I decided to do them with three chairs, one to put my feet on and one for each hand. My idea was to go deep and get a good stretch. I ended up doing something to  my left hand. It blew up like a balloon and hurt so bad that I was cussing out loud all the way to the hospital. By the time I got to emergency, my hand was so hot I thought it was going to spontaneously combust if something wasn't done quick. If I remember correctly, the folks in emergency didn't seem to know what to do. I think they injected cortisone into my hand and sent me home. The next morning my hand looked skeletal like the inflammation had burned off what little meat there is on someone's hands. In a couple of days, the hand was back to normal.
Doing anything physical with Stage 4 COPD is a problem. {To any assholes here that insist I want your sympathy as my malady was self inflicted, as if I ever claimed otherwise, you can suck my ass..........you know who you are.........the board assholes.}

Now that I have that out of my system.  ;D

As a general rule when I trained, I trained using what Vince Gironda called the "Intensity Factor.".......or some other stupid shit.... I forget. ;D

My credo was very brief rest periods going as heavy as possible for the rep goal I had set in my mind, whether that be 6 reps or 20 reps...........didn`t matter.

For example if you and I were both genetically alike, same age, same strength level,  same diet, etc etc,............and we both did the exact same workout routine using the exact same poundages, but it took you 2 hours to complete the training session, and it only took me 45 minutes to complete it, that means that even though we did EXACTLY the same thing I trained much harder cuz I did mine in a shorter amount of time.................... Vinces Intensity Factor".....or whatever the fuck he dubbed it   LOL  ;D

Most amount of work done in the shortest amount of time = INTENSITY....of course other variables can come into play.

Nowadays I will not perform my next set until my breathing has returned to normal.....no matter how long that may take as I could possibly have a coronary.......who knows at my age with my present maladies.

I will still give training my all, it will just have to be adjusted to my present physical ability, and my hopefully increasing level of fitness once I get training underway.

I will not lollygag between sets, but I wont race like I used to as I dont see myself prancing around on stage in a pair of panties any time soon.........or anytime at all for that matter.

So I`m just doing this solely for me...........no other reason.......just as it should be anyway.

I just want to improve...... so I will train as hard as my body ALLOWS me to.............I`ll push myself but I will err on the side of caution.

In essence I never rested much more than a  minute or so ...............longer between sets of leg work of course because the oxygen debt would be higher.

Just a tad before my breathing returned to normal, is when I would start my next set...............not when I caught my breath, but JUST BEFORE I caught it...........except on legs usually.

Back in the day I would do Super-Sets or Tri-Sets or Giant-Sets, or Triple Drop-Sets,etc ,etc. in an effort to make my training more intense......I would LITERALLY run from exercise to exercise at times jumping over benches to get to my next station..............no rest was my mantra.

I didn`t give two  fucks if people thought I was nuts I had a goal in mind and I did what I felt it took to reach that goal or even surpass it.

I was never HUGE but have been told about a million times in the gym, from complete strangers usually, that I was a fucking animal or trained like an uncaged beast.

All part and parcel for me as I loved training balls to the wall. and would never let anyone outdo me if I could help it.

Ever hear of Nancy Kerrigan.........well I taught Nancy all she knew.  LOL  ;D

My intensity level will be there as always, but it will just be toned down for safteys sake.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2021, 04:23:16 AM »
WES IS KING
Why thank you my good man.................than k you very very much   ;D

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2021, 04:39:51 AM »
By the way I love these ass pics

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2021, 04:55:52 AM »
By the way I love these ass pics
You sir are not alone.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2021, 04:57:02 AM »
Wes, have you considered to embrace the safety fat and become a big, intimidating muscle brute like Vince Basile?

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2021, 05:01:43 AM »
You sir are not alone.

good luck brother... you will do it... when you get the chance post up that diet, the eggwhites and tuna strict one, im kinda stuck here in a rut!

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2021, 05:15:45 AM »
What initially got me interested in calisthenics was watching a few Russian street workout videos, just Google it there's hundreds of them.  These guys have incredible builds and have a good time working out , if you have a good base from the weights ( which I'm certain you do) it'll really work for you

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2021, 05:41:18 AM »
Wes, have you considered to embrace the safety fat and become a big, intimidating muscle brute like Vince Basile?
That thought never entered my mind bud.  LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2021, 05:42:05 AM »

good luck brother... you will do it... when you get the chance post up that diet, the eggwhites and tuna strict one, im kinda stuck here in a rut!
What initially got me interested in calisthenics was watching a few Russian street workout videos, just Google it there's hundreds of them.  These guys have incredible builds and have a good time working out , if you have a good base from the weights ( which I'm certain you do) it'll really work for you

Thanks guys.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2021, 06:08:07 AM »
No TRT still get rock hard and can fuck for hours several time a day if my wife would allow it...........just cant blow a load over the Fenway Park wall these days.  ;D

Too much information?

Sorry !! 

NO HOMO
That’s actually impressive if you’re off everything not gonna lie.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
That’s actually impressive if you’re off everything not gonna lie.
I thank you and so does my wife.  LOL  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2021, 10:00:55 AM »
No TRT still get rock hard and can fuck for hours several time a day

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »
Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
oh no I feel better after the replacement than I have in about 5 years.Doc said “Holy shit that’s the worst hip I ever saw” He said I should have done it 2 years earlier. Feels great now. Go get em Wes we are all hoping the best for you.I also have seen guys like you who are naturally lean get in shape in no time.

From what I've been told by folks who have had both hip and knee replacements, hip replacements are easier to recover from. A good friend of my has has both of his hips replaced. When he had the second hip replaced, I stayed with him during the day for awhile in case he fell because his wife had a business to run and couldn't take time off. He was fine or said he was in about a week.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2021, 11:50:17 AM »
Lets go Wes!
Thanks for the encouragement brother..............I appreciate it.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:34 PM »
From what I've been told by folks who have had both hip and knee replacements, hip replacements are easier to recover from. A good friend of my has has both of his hips replaced. When he had the second hip replaced, I stayed with him during the day for awhile in case he fell because his wife had a business to run and couldn't take time off. He was fine or said he was in about a week.
I had my hip done at about 6o’ clock on a Friday evening then got up and walked at 9 the next morning.A deep grinding pain that I had been living with around the clock for almost 5 years was gone too.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »
Q