Author Topic: 2010 Olympia - 36% of the judges had Phil in 1st!!!  (Read 1989 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
2010 Olympia - 36% of the judges had Phil in 1st!!!
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:44:42 AM »
To score 9 he had to get at least 4 first places votes since the top 3 scores are thrown out.

At least 72% of judges had Jay first in the posedown for him to score a 5.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Re: 36% of the judges had Phil in 1st at the Prejudging.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:09:35 AM »
Jays white, he won before phil heath bought his sparkly thong for this olympia

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
To score 9 he had to get at least 4 first places votes since the top 3 scores are thrown out.

It was close during the madatory poses. Jay has superior width and overall legs while Heath has better arms and separation.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »

60% of the time, it works everytime

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:35 AM »
Width didn't matter until Jay started winning and Phil started competing...

Jay should not have won Saturday, simple as that....Stumpy as hell, wide waist, off from last year....Phil is the epitome of what a bodybuilder should look like....minus the gut he picked up now of course...

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »

Jay should not have won Saturday, simple as that....Stumpy as hell, wide waist, off from last year....Phil is the epitome of what a bodybuilder should look like....minus the gut he picked up now of course...

100% dead on. I love how the Cutler nuthuggers for years have been telling us how important being wide is like it's the only thing that matters in a bodybuilding contest.

Cutler's physique is an abomination of the very things bodybuilding has ALWAYS been about....wide waist, the most asymmetric physique on stage time after time, loose skin on his lower back, soft, detailess arms, chest and shoulders, no separation and detail....Oh but he's wide as fuck and that's all that matters....

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »

Doesn't have so much to do with the width it has to do with his clear advantage in muscular bulk over Phil , you can argue from an aesthetics ideal that Phil is more what the Olympia should represent but Jay beat him and everyone because he's really not lacking that much , he's insanely huge and in pretty good condition for that size , Jay wasn't competing with last year , neither was Ronnie in 99/00/01 he was competing with who showed up

I think Phil outclasses Jay in a lot of poses but Jay has his strengths as well , Kai spot-on I feel is the only person who can outclass and out-muscle Jay , Vic too but we all know what that's become , Phil is Shawn to to Jay's Dorian

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
Doesn't have so much to do with the width it has to do with his clear advantage in muscular bulk over Phil , you can argue from an aesthetics ideal that Phil is more what the Olympia should represent but Jay beat him and everyone because he's really not lacking that much , he's insanely huge and in pretty good condition for that size , Jay wasn't competing with last year , neither was Ronnie in 99/00/01 he was competing with who showed up

I think Phil outclasses Jay in a lot of poses but Jay has his strengths as well , Kai spot-on I feel is the only person who can outclass and out-muscle Jay , Vic too but we all know what that's become , Phil is Shawn to to Jay's Dorian

Phil is the Shawn to Jay's Dorian?  LMAO!!!!
Jay aint even in Dorians league and Phil outmasses Shawn by 30lbs of muscle with the same condition...

Please tell what Phil's weaknesses are?  Is he still narrow?  No...he's somehow taken care of that....His chest is outstanding now also..The only thing I can say is that he can come in a little sharper with the same fullness but now were splitting hairs...Phil really now has ZERO weaknesses.

Jay's weaknesses?  I already stated...wide waist, shoulders are just ok, overall stumpy look and not too many tie ins....Phil has less weaknesses than Jay....Yes, Jay outweights Phil by at least 20lbs but Phil is still now "big".

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 11:54:20 AM »

So Shawn outclassed Dorian in a lot of the poses too? Good.

Diesel495

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
im not sure whos the head judge in the o, i guess it's still manion. head judge has the right to overturn other judges decision...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:04:32 PM »
Jay aint even in Dorians league and Phil outmasses Shawn by 30lbs of muscle with the same condition...

Please tell what Phil's weaknesses are?  Is he still narrow?  No...he's somehow taken care of that....His chest is outstanding now also..The only thing I can say is that he can come in a little sharper with the same fullness but now were splitting hairs...Phil really now has ZERO weaknesses.

Jay's weaknesses?  I already stated...wide waist, shoulders are just ok, overall stumpy look and not too many tie ins....Phil has less weaknesses than Jay....Yes, Jay outweights Phil by at least 20lbs but Phil is still now "big".

I didn't mean Jay was just that Phil will be relegated to the role Shawn used to have a great smaller guy who can't close the deal with the bigger one

You can't change clavicle width , you can try an offset it like Larry Scott did with more delt mass and Phil has plenty but the width issues are more noticeable in the latspreads which while a pretty damn good just leave a lot more to be desired , his chest is thick but gets dwarfed by his arms and delts not great for an overall balance , for all intents & purposes you are right , he doesn't really have any weaknesses and his physique is pretty complete but he's not out-sizing Jay he may be outclassing him but that's not enough on it's own , you can make a case that it should be but that's not how it works , I think Phil has been sharper in previous showings but this time around it was still pretty damn good

Jay has the wide clavicles to off-set that wide waist in SOME poses not all , he does look blocky in others , he doesn't have much details but my point is Jay is bigger , in great shape for that size and he just simply collects more mandatory poses , that's why he wins . Like Jay couldn't outmuscle Ronnie the same is applying now with Phil , Kai can outmuscle him and come in sharper and has more details , if Jay retired Phil would be relegated to chasing Kai if he ever pulled it all together , it's a big mans game.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
So Shawn outclassed Dorian in a lot of the poses too? Good.

I never said that , you did  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »
If Wolf ever ties it all together he and Kai and Vic can beat Jay at his game.

If Jay comes in off like in 08 and Phil ON Phil wins

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
Jay's back is the biggest POS this contest has ever seen. 5'8" with a 40" waist. gimme a fucking break!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
If Wolf ever ties it all together he and Kai and Vic can beat Jay at his game.

If Jay comes in off like in 08 and Phil ON Phil wins

Vic is done....He will never win the O.
Kai still has time
Wolfe will never win...Lats too high no calves....it's racist to say no calves but It's more glaring when your 5'6 vs 5'11 and no calves.