Author Topic: FST-7 training by Hany Rambod  (Read 34544 times)

Larsen

• Getbig II
Re: FST-7 training by Hany Rambod
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »
You guys need to read. If you want to know all about this style then you need to visit Hany Rambod's website, as I stated above.

The weight should be heavy enough that you can reach your end point some were inbetween 8-12reps.

Guys I'm going to tell you to stop asking questions until you have read Hany's site. Then Feel free to e-mail him or ask me. I started this thread to hear what others have done with FST-7, not to hear all these questions. But hey you have never reaserched it before so I understand. All I can say is that if you do this correctly then you will see some great reasults.

Have a nice day

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »
You guys need to read. If you want to know all about this style then you need to visit Hany Rambod's website, as I stated above.

The weight should be heavy enough that you can reach your end point some were inbetween 8-12reps.

Guys I'm going to tell you to stop asking questions until you have read Hany's site. Then Feel free to e-mail him or ask me. I started this thread to hear what others have done with FST-7, not to hear all these questions. But hey you have never reaserched it before so I understand. All I can say is that if you do this correctly then you will see some great reasults.

Have a nice day

Still waiting on those research papers.

Larsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »
Still waiting on those research papers.
Still waiting for you to go to Hany's site. I dont have the reaserch papers, I never said I did. All I know is that FST-7 works for me. You need to stop being lazy and go do the work yourself.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »

Have a nice day

i have a feeling getbig is going to have a lot of fun with you. :D
175lbs by 31st July

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »
i have a feeling getbig is going to have a lot of fun with you. :D

Only on the G&O. Personally I read nothing special on here or his site.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Criticizing it as "nothing new" is a little unfair, it's like the popular theory about book writing that says that everything's already been written somewhere, it's just a matter of reformulating what exists into something "new". Just because it's a hybrid of existing ideas doesn't mean it won't work, this assemblage of ideas hasn't been tried yet. Should be intense-some volume combined with german volume training. Probably good to use for 3 weeks - 2 months at a time for shock value.

I wouldn't dismiss it as just pumping sets at the end, it's not that because the sets here are more numerous and rigorous-it's basically german volume training (7 x 8/12) at the end of decent volume done beforehand, combining two different existing concepts. Intense to do both one after the other.

It's also not giant sets.

Reliance on research papers is crazy, because so much of what is in the training realm is not substantiated by conclusive research.

Of course i also agree with isolation exercises as he's suggesting, machines/ cables, the rep range (+/- a couple of reps on either end based on individual preference) and the frequency of training.

Worth trying if you have an open mind, because all the preconceptions about having been there done that don't amount to squat compared to actually doing it for a decent amount of time.

The Coach

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »
Criticizing it as "nothing new" is a little unfair, it's like the popular theory about book writing that says that everything's already been written somewhere, it's just a matter of reformulating what exists into something "new". Just because it's a hybrid of existing ideas doesn't mean it won't work, this assemblage of ideas hasn't been tried yet. Trying one method while dismissing another without trying it is just speculation.

Also i wouldn't say it's just pumping sets at the end, it's not quite that because the pumping sets are more numerous and rigorous-it's basically german volume training (7 x 8/12) at the end of decent volume done beforehand, combining two different existing concepts. Intense to do both one after the other.

Reliance on research papers is crazy, because so much of what is in the training realm is not substantiated by conclusive research.

Of course i also agree with isolation exercises as he's suggesting, machines/ cables, the rep range (+/- a couple of reps on either end based on individual preference) and the frequency of training.

Worth trying if you have an open mind, because all the preconceptions about having been there done that don't amount to squat compared to actually doing it for a decent amount of time.

You should know me by now ;D!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
tried it today... cant say... it won me over....
will try again
choice is an illusion

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »
tried it today... cant say... it won me over....
will try again
what bodypart did you do it on and what exercises did you do?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
triceps...
did it last week too
maybe i need to read up more on it
http://hanyrambod.com/fst7.html
choice is an illusion

Larsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
triceps...
did it last week too
maybe i need to read up more on it
http://hanyrambod.com/fst7.html
when doing the 7's you need to have short rest, 30-45 sec in-between sets. for triceps I would do scull crushers for your 7 sets.
Now you dont need one but I would use a spotter

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »
but would you go heavy...????
 moderate for me would be a 45 each side on the ez bar
heavy would be a 45 and a 35....
when i did it i assumed it was supposed to be light weight maybe thats where i went wrong
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »

when i did it i assumed it was supposed to be light weight maybe thats where i went wrong

When doing german volume training like that, it might take a workout or two to find the right weight, a weight where you can do most of the sets to completion, but not all. Patience, patience, a workout or two will not tell you much.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »
Now I've gone to the site and I still didn't see if the sets were taken to failure or just short of failure or what...

Larsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
Now I've gone to the site and I still didn't see if the sets were taken to failure or just short of failure or what...
it should be just heavy enough that you fail right around the 8-12 rep range. If you can go past that 12 reps then it is to light, and if you cant get the 8 reps it is to heavy. So put enough weight on the you fail right in between the 8-12 reps

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
so.. moderate then.....
i'll try again....
choice is an illusion

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
Criticizing it as "nothing new" is a little unfair, it's like the popular theory about book writing that says that everything's already been written somewhere, it's just a matter of reformulating what exists into something "new". Just because it's a hybrid of existing ideas doesn't mean it won't work, this assemblage of ideas hasn't been tried yet. Should be intense-some volume combined with german volume training. Probably good to use for 3 weeks - 2 months at a time for shock value.

I wouldn't dismiss it as just pumping sets at the end, it's not that because the sets here are more numerous and rigorous-it's basically german volume training (7 x 8/12) at the end of decent volume done beforehand, combining two different existing concepts. Intense to do both one after the other.

i feel  your statement on reliance on research papers being crazy is crazy, its beliefs like this that have held back bodybuilding and strength research and development decades, only by proper scientific research can we truely know and understand how to build maximum mass and strength in the shortest time possible.

also there are some studies that back a pump/burn set to induce hypertrophy i.e. the occlusion studies.

IMO a pump/burn set is exactly what this system is.

the 7 is an arbitry number hany has obviously made up othe set number on spot, why not 4 sets or 6 or 8 ?

there is only so much blood you can force into a muscle at 1 time, and i believe 7 sets is overkill, and will add to systematic and local fatigue leading to overtraining  state before long.
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
and i believe 7 sets is overkill, and will add to systematic and local fatigue leading to overtraining  state before long.
gotta 100% disagree here.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
gotta 100% disagree here.
;D

come on candy after 4 excercises of chest at 4 sets of 8-12, you are telling me that another 7 sets in quick succession is really going to do anything more than 1 or 2 pump burn sets ?

175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »
;D

come on candy after 4 excercises of chest at 4 sets of 8-12, you are telling me that another 7 sets in quick succession is really going to do anything more than 1 or 2 pump burn sets ?

sure, those sets are t failure, in succession, i definitely believe it will do more...activate more satellite cells..deplete more glycogen (release more gh = produce more igf = more muscle cells)... increase sarcosplamsic hypertophy...etc etc etc

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
sure, those sets are t failure, in succession, i definitely believe it will do more...activate more satellite cells..deplete more glycogen (release more gh = produce more igf = more muscle cells)... increase sarcosplamsic hypertophy...etc etc etc

increase cortisol, deplete nutrients, tear down muscle, risk injury, fry cns, etc etc etc

why stop at 7 sets ? why not double it to 14 ?
175lbs by 31st July

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
7 is somewhat arbitrary IMO, just like GVT. Try 7 then another time try 5 instead. Obviously with less sets up the weight a little.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
increase cortisol, deplete nutrients, tear down muscle, risk injury, fry cns, etc etc etc

why stop at 7 sets ? why not double it to 14 ?
cns doesnt get fried like menzter would have you believe. and it doesnt have anything to do with volume either, it has to do with takign days off. "overtrainign" , the only ACTUAL overtraining, is when you dont take a day off from training to failure i a long period of time. then your cns is over worked.  cortisol will increase if your natural, but most bodybuilders arent natural.  nutrients are alwasy depleted, thats why you ingest them. proper workout nutrition will supply them.  muscle wont get teared down with proper workout nutrition (and gear).  train smart, train liek a bodybuilder, and youll never get injured.

you could try 14 sets. it would probably yeild good results.  but remember all those sets are to fail;ure, so when you dont have enough energy left to go to failure youlll want to stop training.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
7 is somewhat arbitrary IMO, just like GVT. Try 7 then another time try 5 instead. Obviously with less sets up the weight a little.

a heavier weight wouldn't matter at that point, as its mearly a pump/burn set.

your main workout sets are to build strength/size, these pump/burn sets would never be heavier than the main sets - and should never be either as that weight would not pump blood as effectively, and risk injury.

as i said in theory a pump/burn set at the end of a workout makes logical sense in terms of extra blood volume which adds nutrients, and in theory may stretch the facia. it can also increases gh output due to lactate levels.

most if not all pro's use some sort of pump/burn set at the end of their workouts, and kiwol who claims to be a natural uses pump sets at the end of his workouts too.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
cns doesnt get fried like menzter would have you believe. and it doesnt have anything to do with volume either, it has to do with takign days off. "overtrainign" , the only ACTUAL overtraining, is when you dont take a day off from training to failure i a long period of time. then your cns is over worked.  cortisol will increase if your natural, but most bodybuilders arent natural.  nutrients are alwasy depleted, thats why you ingest them. proper workout nutrition will supply them.  muscle wont get teared down with proper workout nutrition (and gear).  train smart, train liek a bodybuilder, and youll never get injured.

you could try 14 sets. it would probably yeild good results.  but remember all those sets are to fail;ure, so when you dont have enough energy left to go to failure youlll want to stop training.

no

gotta 95% disagree here. ;D

the 5% i agree with is that bodybuilders who take gear and adequate pre/post workout nutrition are better protected from rampant overtraining - but even then injuries occur, i.e. dorian, ronnie, claude, etc etc
175lbs by 31st July