Author Topic: Gunter Schlierkamp is training for a comeback  (Read 11066 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Gunter Schlierkamp is training for a comeback
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
no, he is

He was in his mid 20's in the mid 90's. He is 40.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »
He was in his mid 20's in the mid 90's. He is 40.
That's what I thought. I knew Gunter and trained with him a few times when he first came to the States. I knew he had to be just about 40.
!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
Seriously dont believe everything you can google bodybuiders are known for two things adding weight to their bodyweights and promoting themselves as being younger, he won the 93 world champs, that would have made him 23,pretty young for turning pro, I rember Priest being this young but I cannot remember Gunter being marketed as a young guy turning pro, im not saying hes not, but I would be surprsied that he wasnt closer to 45 than 40 dont quote bodybuilding mags, as proof they have 300 pound monsters holding buckets of protein and are not exactly known for being bibles of truth.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
Seriously dont believe everything you can google bodybuiders are known for two things adding weight to their bodyweights and promoting themselves as being younger, he won the 93 world champs, that would have made him 23,pretty young for turning pro, I rember Priest being this young but I cannot remeber Gunter being marketed as a young guy turning pro, im not saying hes not, but I would be surprsied that he wasnt closer to 45 than 40 dont quote bodybuilding mags, as proof they have 300 pound monsters holding buckets of protein and are not exactly known for being bibles of truth.
Unless you have some other evidence, I'll stick to believing he's 40.
!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »
Seriously dont believe everything you can google bodybuiders are known for two things adding weight to their bodyweights and promoting themselves as being younger, he won the 93 world champs, that would have made him 23,pretty young for turning pro, I rember Priest being this young but I cannot remember Gunter being marketed as a young guy turning pro, im not saying hes not, but I would be surprsied that he wasnt closer to 45 than 40 dont quote bodybuilding mags, as proof they have 300 pound monsters holding buckets of protein and are not exactly known for being bibles of truth.

http://www.gunters.net/bio.html

Gunter was born on February 2, 1970, in Olfen, Germany.

It is possible that he is older, but I have no reason to believe that he would be.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
so he's in his early 40's.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
Re: Gunter Come back
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 02:52:35 AM »
Lou looked better when he competed in the 90's then he ever looked back in the 70's
[/i]

Yeah, the growth hormones and his XXL waist, huge glutes, not to mention his calf implants really made him look so much better than in the seventies     ???

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:21 AM »

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »
LOL...you gotta love Ron. ;D

he loves him some oiled up muscle men

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Yeah, the growth hormones and his XXL waist, huge glutes, not to mention his calf implants really made him look so much better than in the seventies     ???

aside from the calves, and the gut (which comes with the size), he did have a different freaky look, that made him really stand out. Sort of a glimpse as to how great he could have been in the 80's.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »
He has to do something because that whole acting thing is not going very well. However, I think he has a more impressive acting career than Bob
yeah but he could get an education and work a real job instead of "coming back to bodybuilding" after his failed attempt to become another arnold.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »
Have  we seen one bodybuilder successfully come back yet !?! I can't think of anyone that's actually gotten better placings or looked better after a comeback... these guys are just better off staying retired, Gunter has the life, hot ass wife that brings home the bacon, all he has to do is bang her and chill on a beach in Malibu, why the hell would he want to come back to posing oiled up on stage in a glittery thong !? only to get 8th place

hahahha so true!

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »
Have  we seen one bodybuilder successfully come back yet !?! I can't think of anyone that's actually gotten better placings or looked better after a comeback... these guys are just better off staying retired, Gunter has the life, hot ass wife that brings home the bacon, all he has to do is bang her and chill on a beach in Malibu, why the hell would he want to come back to posing oiled up on stage in a glittery thong !? only to get 8th place

Francis Benefatto, and Gary Strydom, both had decent comeback after an extensive layoff. In fact.... Benefatto looked amazing, except for his torn pec.

M!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
Francis Benefatto, and Gary Strydom, both had decent comeback after an extensive layoff. In fact.... Benefatto looked amazing, except for his torn pec.

M!

Vince Taylor, Arnold, Sergio, Padilla, Robby, Lou, Boyer Coe, Dickerson , ...Priest...