Author Topic: Next Person to the PDI  (Read 34527 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Next Person to the PDI
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
Still waiting for that list....

BTW...The IFBB isn't a monopoly...Lee himself has proved that you don't have to be in the IFBB to make money from BB...he has competed and won prize money, signed contracts, and has mentioned he has more than enough guest appearances.

Got that list togethe, yet...?

CHic can you put together a list of GOOD things the IFBB does.  Please get that list together so we can see exactly why you support it so much.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »
Jack,

Are you aware of the many, MANY stories from back in the day about Chick's kinky bisexual antics?  Rumor has it that gay for pay was involved...

No, please feel free to elaborate....

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »
CHic can you put together a list of GOOD things the IFBB does.  Please get that list together so we can see exactly why you support it so much.
They take their time paying the competitors. Thats a good thing to do.  ::)
bodybuildersreality.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 10:53:16 AM »

The IFBB has given many BBers the platform to make a good living fron being a professional BB....the same cant be said for any other organization. Ask Arnold, or Dorian, Haney, Ronnie, Jay, Shawn, Lee or any of the many others including myself...how being a part of the IFBB has led to making some damn good money doing what we love.

Name me the good any other federation has done for their athletes?

RHINO290

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »
You look so good...they used a picture with you wearing a shirt. Kind of says it all...

Come on Chick......stop being so jealous. I sent Wayne that pic, cause I love it. I know you have a poster of me on your wall, come on admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it's okay......We can hang out.

I'll even tell people your my freind. Promise.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
The IFBB has given many BBers the platform to make a good living fron being a professional BB....the same cant be said for any other organization. Ask Arnold, or Dorian, Haney, Ronnie, Jay, Shawn, Lee or any of the many others including myself...how being a part of the IFBB has led to making some damn good money doing what we love.

ALL THOSE GUYS ARE ON A LEASH WITH THE IFBB HOLDING IT!! OF COURSE THEY ARE TO ASK! THEY WILL ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS!
bodybuildersreality.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »

LET THE IFBB BE FAIR AND LET ATHLETES GO WHERE THEY WANT THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT OTHER FEDERATIONS CAN DO.....UNTIL THEN OF COURSE THE IFBB IS THE ONLY ONE DOING SHIT CAUSE THEY THREATEN IF YOU LEAVE...

RHINO290

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »

Sponsors make that happen....Not a federation. Weider brought Arnold to America.......He was in the Nabba first.

Seriously Chick.....come on..(LOL)...

And you? You don't make any money.

RHINO290

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2007, 10:57:19 AM »
LET THE IFBB BE FAIR AND LET ATHLETES GO WHERE THEY WANT THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT OTHER FEDERATIONS CAN DO.....UNTIL THEN OF COURSE THE IFBB IS THE ONLY ONE DOING SHIT CAUSE THEY THREATEN IF YOU LEAVE...

Oh shit...There Goes Lee again, telling it like it is........

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:29 AM »
Sponsors make that happen....Not a federation. Weider brought Arnold to America.......He was in the Nabba first.

Seriously Chick.....come on..(LOL)...

And you? You don't make any money.

Chick doesn't make much money?  Funny thing about this board is that sans superstars like Lee, the average poster probably makes more than their "idols". Doesn't say much for either organization.
E

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2007, 11:00:17 AM »
I don't care about the opinion's of the Mr. O's or Athletes reps for IFBB. Ask the guys that spend the same amount of money on food and put 100% of their effort into their diet and training and deserve the publicity and cash and don't get it! The IFBB works very differently, to get ahead its who you KNOW and who you BLOW.
bodybuildersreality.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »

It's a free market, Lee...let some other federation start to offer any real money to compete, and I'll guaruntee they get some talent...the BBers will go where the money is.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »
I don't take sides....but if anyone challanged the IFBB in court I believe the IFBB stands a good chance of a loss for unfair market practices.  In most business, you cannot restrict a sub-contractor's ability to find other employment or make a living.  An employee agreement is different.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2007, 11:04:52 AM »
It's a free market, Lee...let some other federation start to offer any real money to compete, and I'll guaruntee they get some talent...the BBers will go where the money is.

THE PDI IS...NOW TELL THE IFBB TO LET THEM GO AND COMPETE WITH NO RETALIATION....THERE IS ROOM FOR 2 ORGANIZATIONS AND YOU AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT..

RHINO290

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2007, 11:06:07 AM »

Wait a minute...PDI has Lee Preist, and youre saying that's not talent?????

You can say all you want about me, but Lee is one of the best Chick...And PDI has him.

What about Sami? Andreas Frey? Zoltan? The Rhino????? Especially the Rhino!!!!!(LOL).....

Chic's got a mancrush, chic's got a mancrush......

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
THE PDI IS...NOW TELL THE IFBB TO LET THEM GO AND COMPETE WITH NO RETALIATION....THERE IS ROOM FOR 2 ORGANIZATIONS AND YOU AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT..

There have been 2+ organizations for YEARS, Lee...the key was "REAL MONEY"...like McMahon offered.

If you pay them, they will come...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2007, 11:09:22 AM »
There have been 2+ organizations for YEARS, Lee...the key was "REAL MONEY"...like McMahon offered.

The IFBB is "REAL MONEY" ?? lets see you spend 50,000 plus for a year to get ready and compete and if you don't crack the top 10 you walk away with what....a whopping 4 grand??
bodybuildersreality.com

RHINO290

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

Look at waht the ifbb did to those guys...I was there and knew Strydom/Baker/Demey/Quinn.....They never recovered.

Chick's got a mancrush, chick's got a mancrush......

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »

Thats your list.  I swear to god I am eating cereal and milk came out of my nose.  You are one funny guy.  40+ years and this is the list you come up with of good things the IFBB has done.  And how about the organizations in Europe.  The IFBB provides a platform to make a good living?  Again, the IFBB does not pay their members a thing.  IN fact they don't do anything in case their members don't get paid.  Now you will say they guarantee prize money.  Well that is a misleading statement since they will simply have a contest cancelled if they don't have the prize money.  Then the promoter eats shit.  Face it Chic you are fighting a losing battle and you are embarassing yourself with every post.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2007, 11:10:59 AM »

OK WHATS THE IFBB PAY?????  OH THEY DON'T THEY JUST GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO WIN MONEY..OH I SEE...SO THE SAME GUYS NEARLY ALL THE TIME TAKE THE MONEY....SO WHATS THE IFBB GIVE THE OTHER GUYS???? OH A CHANCE TO COMPETE   WOW......

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »
Thats your list.  I swear to god I am eating cereal and milk came out of my nose.  You are one funny guy.  40+ years and this is the list you come up with of good things the IFBB has done.  And how about the organizations in Europe.  The IFBB provides a platform to make a good living?  Again, the IFBB does not pay their members a thing.  IN fact they don't do anything in case their members don't get paid.  Now you will say they guarantee prize money.  Well that is a misleading statement since they will simply have a contest cancelled if they don't have the prize money.  Then the promoter eats shit.  Face it Chic you are fighting a losing battle and you are embarassing yourself with every post.
Don't the members have to PAY the IFBB to be in it??
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »

I love how you pass over the good stuff.  You say REAL money.  How do you explain after 40+ years the majority of IFBB shows pay less than PDI shows.  How do you explain that.  Where is the real money, in two shows a year.  What an embarassement.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »
Don't the members have to PAY the IFBB to be in it??

Yes, plus give up allot of rights to make money.  They do not offer a platform they issue handcuffs

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2007, 11:16:39 AM »
Yes, plus give up allot of rights to make money.  They do not offer a platform they issue handcuffs
You can work for us but its going to cost you!
bodybuildersreality.com

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2007, 11:40:28 AM »
hi bob,

If "they will come" when more money is present, that means that they will generally be happier yes? well then wouldn't it make sense to allow them to compete in both federations  in order to allow them to make more money?  It seems that the restrictions placed on the IFBB bodybuilders puts them in a situation where the athletes make less but the people on top make more.  If they were to compete in both federations then the bodybuilders themselves would be making more wouldn't they?