Author Topic: Next Person to the PDI  (Read 34528 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Next Person to the PDI
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:03:14 AM »
So who's the next big name for the PDI???

Gunter?
Dillet?
Markus?

Your 2 cents?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Next Person to the PDI
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:46:36 AM »
hmmm..I was thinking more Arvilla, Bast, Vince G, Alexxx or DaddyWaddy

Bast would need to bring his calves

hope this helps
Here comes the money shot

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:59:15 AM »
Derek Anthony!!! He will take the PDI by storm!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 07:35:34 AM »
None of those. They're all IFBB guys. I'm thinking someone not happy with his placings... Ronnie Rockel would kick butt over there.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
dillett.  it might be the only way he will win anything.  but then again, maybe not.  ;)
F

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
Ronnie Rockel would kick butt in the IFBB, too.
Unfortunately the (mostly US based) judges prefer US guys.
The last meeting of the IFBB Pro League had 17 board members present.
15 of them were from the US ... makes you think...
The situation is reversed when it comes to the IFBB Amateur Bodybuilding.
The US is not even in the top 10.
That split within the IFBB might make the PDI even more successful. They had a good start last year in New York and London.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »
Has the PDI released a contest schedule for 2007? Do they not plan on ever having a webpage?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 08:15:59 PM »
Has the PDI released a contest schedule for 2007? Do they not plan on ever having a webpage?

Wayne told me the website is supposed to be up this month.  I will find out.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »
I'll go you one better....introducing the FIVE newest members!!

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 06:28:52 AM »

lmao...it never fails!
the ifbb slammin' the PDI whenever they get the chance....gotta love it tho! haha

i just hope for your sake they don't survive long enough to make you eat your words! ;)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 07:13:52 AM »

AGAIN GOOD BOY ROLL OVER GET A BELLY RUB....

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 07:27:16 AM »
LOL! I never understood why IFBB boys really care as to why people are going to the PDI. Bodybuilding is a job too. In the real world, you go where you feel the money and work is best for you. In professional sports, trades happen all the time. Only in BBDG do people act like sucks. If a person wants to join the PDI, then its that person's business and knowone elses. Its about professionalism.

PB

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:31:38 AM »

haha, I love when Lee chimes in out of the blue.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »
LOL! I never understood why IFBB boys really care as to why people are going to the PDI. Bodybuilding is a job too. In the real world, you go where you feel the money and work is best for you. In professional sports, trades happen all the time. Only in BBDG do people act like sucks. If a person wants to join the PDI, then its that person's business and knowone elses. Its about professionalism.

PB

It reminds me of the old wrestling ratings wars. Occasionally you'd hear the rival company mentioned/mocked in a promo or have wrestlers come out mimicking ones from the other promotion.

Difference is Bob seems to be the only IFBBer ribbing the PDI. Apart from him, I'd say most welcome the challenge and as Playboy said, it's about where the money/exposure is.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 08:03:48 AM »

I'm sorry lee...did I hurt your feelings?

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »
Didn't the village people perform at a Mr.Olympia contest about 10 years ago?

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
None of those. They're all IFBB guys. I'm thinking someone not happy with his placings... Ronnie Rockel would kick butt over there.

Ronnie Rockel would make more contest money with the PDI than with IFBB, plus it would be extremely easy for him to compete in both federations as European Economic law would laughing the IFBB's "You can only compete with us" rules out the window.  It would be change your rules or no shows in Europe.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »
Didn't the village people perform at a Mr.Olympia contest about 10 years ago?

Yeah, that was Wayne's great idea....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
Ronnie Rockel would make more contest money with the PDI than with IFBB, plus it would be extremely easy for him to compete in both federations as European Economic law would laughing the IFBB's "You can only compete with us" rules out the window.  It would be change your rules or no shows in Europe.

"European economic law"??

The IFBB is INTERNATIONAL...thus the title I.NTERNATIONAL F.ederation of B.ody B.uilders

You dont know what you're talking about.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »
lmao...it never fails!
the ifbb slammin' the PDI whenever they get the chance....gotta love it tho! haha

i just hope for your sake they don't survive long enough to make you eat your words! ;)

Chic is the ONLY IFBB pro who does this cause he is told too by his dad.  He has to do what he is told, that is part of the job.  He does what he is told or they find some other suck-up.  He has done well for them so far, why do you think he was given won the MAsters title.  Without the IFBB spokeperson job how many people would know who Chic was.  His name would never be heard or seen.  Now that people are asking about the PDI again, he has been instructed to start the bashing.  He really is a good slave.  Give him credit for that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »
Funny thing is...no one instructs me to do or say anything. I've talked to Manion a handful of times over the past 2 months, never once brought it up. Whats hard for you guys to understand is that no one from the IFBB really gives a shit about the PDI...they showed this past year that they are no real threat, no mass exodus of talent, no sponsors to speak of, no audience...

It's just slinging some shit around...no different than any of you do on a regular basis about the IFBB...

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »
"European economic law"??

The IFBB is INTERNATIONAL...thus the title I.NTERNATIONAL F.ederation of B.ody B.uilders

You dont know what you're talking about.

Yes I do, in order to do business in Europe you must follow European law.  ::) The IFBB is a market place, as is the PDI and any other professional bodybuilding organisation. They bring together demand (promoters) and supply (bodybuilders) and in turn gain money for bringing these two groups of people together and compete with other rival organisations, similar to what a bank does with savers and investors (i'm dumbing this way down for you, I know you aren't the sharpest tool in the box).  In the IFBBs case, they mess with the supply in the market, they have a barrier to the free use of labour i.e. you can only compete in our bodybuilding federation. 

In addition to this, when you join the IFBB, you do so as an independent contractor, but the IFBB then says you can't make money working for any rival organisation.  So if Jay Cutler wanted to guest pose at a PDI event, he can't, in this way the IFBB restricts the money making ability of its "athletes".  Now given the anti-monopolistic judgements of the European Union recently, you think the IFBB would win a case if someone brings it???  So unless the IFBB pays its athletes and contracts them or changes it rules, any case in Europe would bring a judgement against them.

You can blabber all you like about the benefits memberships of the IFBB gives its members, but in comparison to the monopolistic practises of the IFBB, it doesn't mean shit.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 10:12:52 AM »
You can "dumb it down" all you want.

Ronny Rockel and any other IFBB pro signs the dotted line and agree to abide by the rules set forth. Those rules specifically state that you cannot compete for, or make appearances for any other rival federation, etc.....

Please list all the court ordered judgements for an athlete against the IFBB to be allowed to do either/or while maintaining membership in the IFBB...

I'll be waiting for your list.

RHINO290

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »
Funny thing is...no one instructs me to do or say anything. I've talked to Manion a handful of times over the past 2 months, never once brought it up. Whats hard for you guys to understand is that no one from the IFBB really gives a shit about the PDI...they showed this past year that they are no real threat, no mass exodus of talent, no sponsors to speak of, no audience...

It's just slinging some shit around...no different than any of you do on a regular basis about the IFBB...

Oh, they care, and you know it.....All you do is talk about PDI....Steve Weinberger(that is his name right?) was at the show, to see about it. Hell, he tried to pick fights with several of us. You know as well as I do, that manion, you and the rest care about the PDI........No audience? How about a sold out show? No talent???? Please, you need to come to a show.

Now go ahead and Bash me Chick, and say how I suck as a bodybuilder, and make yourself look like an idiot.....

And another thing, Guy.....Where is my rebuttal????? Thought you were gonna give me a chance to rebut your statements about how Chick said I never won the North America?

You guys say you don't care, and yet, here you are posting away on a PDI thread........

One last thought, grundy, who is freinds with chick, gives me a crappy writeup in musclemag, then you turn several pages, and another writer, who is not alligned with the ifbb writes great things about me.......Same mag?

Interesting.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
You can "dumb it down" all you want.

Ronny Rockel and any other IFBB pro signs the dotted line and agree to abide by the rules set forth. Those rules specifically state that you cannot compete for, or make appearances for any other rival federation, etc.....

Please list all the court ordered judgements for an athlete against the IFBB to be allowed to do either/or while maintaining membership in the IFBB...

I'll be waiting for your list.

Can getbiggers post on muscle mayhem though?
Most are all show no go!