Author Topic: PT business advice #1  (Read 4873 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: PT business advice #1
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Hey stormshadow, last I checked this was a bodybuilding and fitness site. How about go and post on an engineering site about what you've done instead of coming on here to try belittle someone for trying to help others. If you don't like what I have to say then f**k off!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
I'm a product design engineer.  I actually design and produce something in this economy.  You just separate idiots from their money.  PT's produce nothing of value.. Bottom feeders, no different than a used car salesman.

Hilarious that you work with chiropractors - like I said, nothing but snake oil.

I respect a janitor more than some jackass with a clipboard counting reps for a 200 lb housewife.  At least they are doing honest work and not charging 50 dollars an hour to babysit.

Why the hell are you on here then.  You have no business pon here.  I bet you suck at what you do there so you come on here to try and make up for it only to embarras yourself.  Kids like you need to join the military and do something with your life.  You suck in real life and you suck on here.  I hope you are better at the design website you troll on.

No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
No you don't.

For the record, Vince G is a jackass, but you embarrass yourself trying to battle with him online because he owns you.  Stop being a pathetic fat mess of a human being and maybe you can come back and try to dish out an owning.

hahaha okay poindexter.  Remember this I live in the real world and do real things in life.  Your ONLY claim to anything is you troll a bodybuilding site where you don't belong.  Face it you don't fit in and the best way you have of trying is putting down others.  Your life sucks, I feel sorry for you.
No Worries 4 me

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »
Hey stormshadow, last I checked this was a bodybuilding and fitness site. How about go and post on an engineering site about what you've done instead of coming on here to try belittle someone for trying to help others. If you don't like what I have to say then f**k off!

Your not trying to help anyone asshole... your just trying to build your name under the guise of "offering free help"

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
Why the hell are you on here then.  You have no business pon here.  I bet you suck at what you do there so you come on here to try and make up for it only to embarras yourself.  Kids like you need to join the military and do something with your life.  You suck in real life and you suck on here.  I hope you are better at the design website you troll on.

This coming from human sewage that gets owned on a regular basis by Vince G LOL...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
Dude, I don't know how you got through school without comprehending. Did you bother to read my original thread about if anyone IS NOT intrested I would just leave it alone? From here on out I will just ignore your utter ignorance!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »
This coming from human sewage that gets owned on a regular basis by Vince G LOL...

Good comeback.  You must be a huge muscular scholar.  You are one of the "original" get-owned-everyday kids on here.  I see why you would support a guy like Goodrum.  you have the same physical attributes and carreer highlights.  Good job you must be proud of yourself.
No Worries 4 me

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
Dude, I don't know how you got through school without comprehending. Did you bother to read my original thread about if anyone IS NOT intrested I would just leave it alone? From here on out I will just ignore your utter ignorance!

You might want to make that part two: "How to ignore one's utter ignorance"

I would imagine GB would take a dump if anyone listened.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
more tips coach!!! keep em coming!
w

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Good comeback.  You must be a huge muscular scholar.  You are one of the "original" get-owned-everyday kids on here.  I see why you would support a guy like Goodrum.  you have the same physical attributes and carreer highlights.  Good job you must be proud of yourself.

I don't support Goodrum.  I'm just pointing out that between the two of you - he smokes your ass.  Your a 500 lb whale that talked about how you were going to lose weight and you achieved nothing.

Anything you achieved in arm wrestling or weightlifting was from the luck of having god given strength - because it's quite obvious you have zero ability to accomplish any type of goal that requires hard work and dedication.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
Coach,

Before I started my online biz last year I did the sports performance training/ general public training thing. ( Sent you my newsletter 2 years ago if you may remember and you liked it)
Any way the top 4 biggest obsticals I faces when trying to get student athletes to sign up were the following:

1) We can't afford it!

I will get into that later, but it can be done!

2) John just doesn't have time between basketball practice and winter baseball!

I have that problem as well, since foot ball (high school) just ended a few weeks ago most of our kids went right into basketball and started tournaments already. What you have to do is sincerely tell the parents that the kid should have at least 2 days of strength training to reduce the chance of injury during in season play and make time for them even if it's a weekend.

3) Jimmy already lifts weights at school!

Maybe so, but most of the coachs I've seen in high school know very little about S&C. I know you're a good trainer and know your shit. You have to convince the parent that this is what you do for a living.

4)Suzie is injured and can't workout ( Dr.'s orders!

Dr's orders are Dr's orders and we are in no position to overrule that. But what you can do is have them come to you for post physical therapy for sports related injuries.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »
I don't support Goodrum.  I'm just pointing out that between the two of you - he smokes your ass.  Your a 500 lb whale that talked about how you were going to lose weight and you achieved nothing.

Anything you achieved in arm wrestling or weightlifting was from the luck of having god given strength - because it's quite obvious you have zero ability to accomplish any type of goal that requires hard work and dedication.

hahahahaha now that is probably the funniest thing you have said so far.  Keep em coming you are making yourself look dumber and dumber with each post.  It is people like you that actually make me feel very good at the end of the day.  I should be thanking god and whoever else every night for not letting me be like you.  Thanks for that.  Now come back with something witty again.

By the way I got everything I got from hard work.  I was 130 pounds in high school.  I am pretty sure I wasn't the strongest.  Remarks like you made proves to me and others you are just some punk kid who has no business on this website.  Bet you have never stepped foot in a gym.  Yea yea yea nopw spew a bunch of shit from your piehole.  Nop matter what you type it don't mean shit to anyone but you.  Another troll on getbig.  Big surprise.  You and Goodrum belong with each other.  Are you Vissy
No Worries 4 me

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
Honestly the BIGGEST problem I faced was this:

Public school kids in my city are poverty line so they have literally no money.

Private school kids in my city are broke from paying 18k per year tuition or have NO time due to mandatory after school lifting or athletics. Thing is if a parent is paying 18k per year for their kid to go to school they want to school to facilitate EVERYTHING for their kid. They don;t want to pay an outside source to do something that their school already offers.

Middle school kids are usually available during the summer but other then that its been slim pickin's.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
I'm a product design engineer.  I actually design and produce something in this economy.  You just separate idiots from their money.  PT's produce nothing of value.. Bottom feeders, no different than a used car salesman.

Hilarious that you work with chiropractors - like I said, nothing but snake oil.

I respect a janitor more than some jackass with a clipboard counting reps for a 200 lb housewife.  At least they are doing honest work and not charging 50 dollars an hour to babysit.

SS,

I'm surprised that an entrepreneur like you would bash someone who built a biz using a skill set that they have developed. Honestly if someone provides effective results for athletes or even the general public then they are going to be considered successful. If you can earn a upperclass income doing it then that shows their biz savvy.

Not sure what your issue with that is.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
I'm a product design engineer.  I actually design and produce something in this economy.  You just separate idiots from their money.  PT's produce nothing of value.. Bottom feeders, no different than a used car salesman.

I respect a janitor more than some jackass with a clipboard counting reps for a 200 lb housewife.  At least they are doing honest work and not charging 50 dollars an hour to babysit.

Yea sure you are.  You respect janitors cause that is what you are.  Not to put it down but facts are facts.  Hey type something else really funny.  You are on a roll.  Hey are you a big flop on the biggest production design website like you are here.  Already you have admitted you make ess money than Coach.  Hopefully you will get a raise and be able to move out from your parents.
No Worries 4 me

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2009, 02:45:35 AM »
Yea sure you are.  You respect janitors cause that is what you are.  Not to put it down but facts are facts.  Hey type something else really funny.  You are on a roll.  Hey are you a big flop on the biggest production design website like you are here.  Already you have admitted you make ess money than Coach.  Hopefully you will get a raise and be able to move out from your parents.

hahahahaahha

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2009, 02:50:52 AM »
thank you for this thread joloco ...i love you.  lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2009, 06:11:48 AM »

Its funny that Onlyme is suppose to be in Timeout and then an exact replica of Keith Jones suddenly reappears as Noworries.

Keith, why didn't you do your Time Out like everyone else did for??? 
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2009, 06:27:02 AM »

Its funny that Onlyme is suppose to be in Timeout and then an exact replica of Keith Jones suddenly reappears as Noworries.

Keith, why didn't you do your Time Out like everyone else did for??? 
Are you say Onlyme has 3 accounts?

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2009, 06:31:19 AM »
pt advice number 1 :

dont become a "PT" and get a real job.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »
pt advice number 1 :

dont become a "PT" and get a real job.

What's a "real" job uberpenis02?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
A real job is one that produces value without the need to hard sell your services on someone like they do at a used car lot.

A hair stylist is a real job, waitress, cook, engineer, doctor.... Those are real jobs.

Door to door salesman, infomercial salesman, Personal Trainer - those are not real jobs, they are based on boiler room tactics to make the "sale" and keep people coming back - just like what chiropractors do.  Make sure to schedule your next visit before you leave...

how is this a real job and a pt isn't?  they both serve our vain needs.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2009, 07:45:23 AM »
Honestly the BIGGEST problem I faced was this:

Public school kids in my city are poverty line so they have literally no money.

Private school kids in my city are broke from paying 18k per year tuition or have NO time due to mandatory after school lifting or athletics. Thing is if a parent is paying 18k per year for their kid to go to school they want to school to facilitate EVERYTHING for their kid. They don;t want to pay an outside source to do something that their school already offers.

Middle school kids are usually available during the summer but other then that its been slim pickin's.

maybe this area is not for you?  i mean, there's a reason bentley has a dealership in Beverly Hills, but not in Cleveland, ya dig?
Deep Tissue Massage

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »
Keep going JME, your advices are well appreciated

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »
This is my opinion. Guys like Webcke who have little experiance, like anyone else starting out in anything, has to get experiance, not in a commercial facility but with a private studio or good trainer that can either do an internship or mentor under. I've never worked anywhere else but from what I have heard you really don't learn much exept on how to sweep and put weights away.

This would be hard to pull off in Manhattan where the landscape is dominated by chains. A trainer just starting out would be severely limiting his options.

My experience is probably dated, as I haven't been a trainer for almost 20 years, but, I worked at a very large health club: 5000 members. I started out as an instructor and eventually became a trainer. I have to say I did learn alot from other trainers. Maybe the most important thing I learned was to be patient with people who weren't athletically inclined.