Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro - Luke Wood (pics)  (Read 31492 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: atlantic city pro------luke wood (pics)
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »
i've gone from a shredded 237lb. on wednesday to a flat drained 212 on saturday, so i know how he must feel.

rik
                     was the loss this drastic/dramatic????

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2008, 06:12:29 PM »
                     was the loss this drastic/dramatic????

pretty drastic, very humiliating. ya feel like handing the judges pictures from 3 days before. trouble is i would do it more often than not.  normal dehydration techniques would deplete my intramuscular water, leaving me small and flat.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »
haz................you lost 25 lbs in 3 days?!?!?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
Luke must be feeling sad  :(
P

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »
haz................you lost 25 lbs in 3 days?!?!?

yeah, at more than one show. never did look right on stage.

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2008, 07:41:03 PM »
Maybe he was working on one of those reverse before after scenarios, so he could land a big MuscleTech sponsorship  :-\.
Smart man thinking beyond the contest prize money  :D.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
this has nothing to do with wood,and of respect for him i will not comment,but lets take lee labrada yes he was way smaller than luke but was a fantastic pro bber ,how come he never ,ever had this problem with peaking and placing top 5 more times than one can count,yes the drug regimine has surpassed the norm but what else?

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »
From Milos:

I will gladly share with all of you what happened - and I am sure Luke will be glad to tell everyone what really happened...

Needless to say - it was devastating to even watch him...and what photos can't show - all of us that had a chance to be around him - witnessed how Luke was really feeling each and every day in his last two weeks of preparation...

If I would tell you guys that he was EATING LIKE FOOD IS GETTING OUT OF STYLE...that he didn't do any cardio in last 10 days...hadly trained...and also DID NOT TOUCH ANY KIND OF DIURETICS - would you believe me?

While I can't go into great detail at this point (I just returned from my trip and have soooooo much to do...) I will share with you this much:

Many bodybuilders (majority of competitors that I know...me included...) in their contest preparation use specific THYROID medication protocol...(namely: T3 - CYTOMEL or TRIACANA...+ T4 - SYNTHROID, TEVOTHYROXINE) to pharmacologicaly enhance metabolism - in effort to get leaner and loose some body fat...

So, that is something that everyone considers pretty much normal...

However, IF anyone attempts to abuse thyroid - results could be devastating...

What I've learned from Luke - upon his arrival to California is that he feels some strange exhaustion lately and that he is running out of breath quite easily...
Also, he was always hot, sweating just way too much and way more than ever before...and certainly much more than ordinary...

First thing I asked him was to hit few posses - so I could asses his condition...and when he did that - I was speechless...Luke was in THE MOST INCREDIBLE CONDITION I have ever witnessed...Absolutely "skinless" yet - big, full and hard...Winning combination any which way you look at it...The only problem was: he could not hit any pose without shaking uncontrollably...

When I asked him "how come you are shaking so much?" - he answered - " I really don't know what is happening to me...but last few days I am running out of breath doing simplest things...and I have no energy for the life of me..."

I asked him: "Well, are you doing anything different?"...thinking our usual stuff...and he told me - NO....

Than why would you shake like a leaf? I asked....

"Mate - I have no idea...but this has to stop - as I don't know how would I last during the prejudging?"

OK Luke - how much thyroid are you taking?

Not much...just 2 + 2 / that means in "our terminology" 2 tablets of T3 and 2 tablets of T4 daily...(T3 or "cytomel" comes in 25 mgc per tablet and T4 or "synthroid" comes in 50 or 100 mcg per tablet...

Well, that is OK I guess...so what's next?...

By process of elimination  I would have analyze everything he was doing/taking just to find out WHAT in the world is doing "IT" to Luke...until I realized - CATASTROPHIC NEWS...

Compounded pharmaceuticals Luke got a hold of as his substitute for CYTOMEL and SYNTHROID... had 2.5 and 10 per tablet...ONLY PROBLEM IS:

NOT mcg (micrograms) but mg (milligrams)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to understand this - you must calculate:

2 tablets of 2.5 mg of T3 = 5 mg of T3 (which is: 5000 mcg of T3 - equivalent to 200 tablets of CYTOMEL per day!!!!!)

Add to this 2 tablets of 10 mg of T4 (or 20000 mcg of T4)...and you'll understand WHAT WAS GOING ON...

What is worse -- it is still NOT OVER...

Luke is trying his hardest to re-establish NORMAL levels of thyroid...but that will take some time...

I will wait for him to jump in and explain few things - but for the time being - I wanted to inform all of you - before rumors reach "epic proportions"...

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »
If you think about that, Luke probably lucky to be alive

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Dismembered and molested
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
oh... u mean thyroid stimulation can be dangerous? u all get pissed at me when i bring up major health issues with exotic chemicals, but Luke is living proof of what i mean. fucking idiot dont even respect his own health

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2008, 09:10:39 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
oh... u mean thyroid stimulation can be dangerous? u all get pissed at me when i bring up major health issues with exotic chemicals, but Luke is living proof of what i mean. fucking idiot dont even respect his own health

Dam I know bodybuilders aren't the smartest people going around, but that is down right stupid getting that shit mixed up. If you going to fuck with your body like that, at least pay attention to what you are taking.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2008, 09:25:48 PM »
Mistaking mcg's for mg's? I suppose...
a

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
From Milos:

I will gladly share with all of you what happened - and I am sure Luke will be glad to tell everyone what really happened...

Needless to say - it was devastating to even watch him...and what photos can't show - all of us that had a chance to be around him - witnessed how Luke was really feeling each and every day in his last two weeks of preparation...

If I would tell you guys that he was EATING LIKE FOOD IS GETTING OUT OF STYLE...that he didn't do any cardio in last 10 days...hadly trained...and also DID NOT TOUCH ANY KIND OF DIURETICS - would you believe me?

While I can't go into great detail at this point (I just returned from my trip and have soooooo much to do...) I will share with you this much:

Many bodybuilders (majority of competitors that I know...me included...) in their contest preparation use specific THYROID medication protocol...(namely: T3 - CYTOMEL or TRIACANA...+ T4 - SYNTHROID, TEVOTHYROXINE) to pharmacologicaly enhance metabolism - in effort to get leaner and loose some body fat...

So, that is something that everyone considers pretty much normal...

However, IF anyone attempts to abuse thyroid - results could be devastating...

What I've learned from Luke - upon his arrival to California is that he feels some strange exhaustion lately and that he is running out of breath quite easily...
Also, he was always hot, sweating just way too much and way more than ever before...and certainly much more than ordinary...

First thing I asked him was to hit few posses - so I could asses his condition...and when he did that - I was speechless...Luke was in THE MOST INCREDIBLE CONDITION I have ever witnessed...Absolutely "skinless" yet - big, full and hard...Winning combination any which way you look at it...The only problem was: he could not hit any pose without shaking uncontrollably...

When I asked him "how come you are shaking so much?" - he answered - " I really don't know what is happening to me...but last few days I am running out of breath doing simplest things...and I have no energy for the life of me..."

I asked him: "Well, are you doing anything different?"...thinking our usual stuff...and he told me - NO....

Than why would you shake like a leaf? I asked....

"Mate - I have no idea...but this has to stop - as I don't know how would I last during the prejudging?"

OK Luke - how much thyroid are you taking?

Not much...just 2 + 2 / that means in "our terminology" 2 tablets of T3 and 2 tablets of T4 daily...(T3 or "cytomel" comes in 25 mgc per tablet and T4 or "synthroid" comes in 50 or 100 mcg per tablet...

Well, that is OK I guess...so what's next?...

By process of elimination  I would have analyze everything he was doing/taking just to find out WHAT in the world is doing "IT" to Luke...until I realized - CATASTROPHIC NEWS...

Compounded pharmaceuticals Luke got a hold of as his substitute for CYTOMEL and SYNTHROID... had 2.5 and 10 per tablet...ONLY PROBLEM IS:

NOT mcg (micrograms) but mg (milligrams)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to understand this - you must calculate:

2 tablets of 2.5 mg of T3 = 5 mg of T3 (which is: 5000 mcg of T3 - equivalent to 200 tablets of CYTOMEL per day!!!!!)

Add to this 2 tablets of 10 mg of T4 (or 20000 mcg of T4)...and you'll understand WHAT WAS GOING ON...

What is worse -- it is still NOT OVER...

Luke is trying his hardest to re-establish NORMAL levels of thyroid...but that will take some time...

I will wait for him to jump in and explain few things - but for the time being - I wanted to inform all of you - before rumors reach "epic proportions"...

jesus...Hope everything comes back within normal ranges...It was obvious that something wasn't right...Best wishes to Luke

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
Mistaking mcg's for mg's? I suppose...

I wonder who helped him open the child-proof containers.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »
Why in the world is that type of pill produced in such massive dosage per pill?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Why in the world is that type of pill produced in such massive dosage per pill?

On rereading Milso's post it appears that Luke was happily ingesting some unmarked shit he knew nothing about. 

ChinoXL

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »
serious fuck up.  he is lucky to be alive.  thyroid overdose is a very bad feeling.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2008, 09:41:50 PM »
On rereading Milso's post it appears that Luke was happily ingesting some unmarked shit he knew nothing about. 

Ya I know but that pill serves a purpose and I want to know what its made for in that massive amounts, like what type a person would you have to be for that pill to serve a purpose for you.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »
wow, hope his levels get back to normal in a hurry.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
Ya I know but that pill serves a purpose and I want to know what its made for in that massive amounts, like what type a person would you have to be for that pill to serve a purpose for you.

Milos said "compounded pharmaceutical ... substitute"... sounds like luke got some raw shit that was not processed for human consumption and happily ingested it. Although why it would be in pill form is beyond me.  Seems like there's more to this story than meets the eye. I guess Milos doesn't want to portray Luke as having the intelligence of a five year old.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »
Milos said "compounded pharmaceutical ... substitute"... sounds like luke got some raw shit that was not processed for human consumption and happily ingested it. Although why it would be in pill form is beyond me.  Seems like there's more to this story than meets the eye. I guess Milos doesn't want to portray Luke as having the intelligence of a five year old.

Compounded?...oh got it, what a mess.

Jizzacked

« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
that is one of the most fucked up "transformations" along with the explanation for it I think I have ever heard of... just when you thought you had seen/heard it all.. crazy shit.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

Agreed. I'd guess it was actually lose powder and not an actual pill (as mentioned above).
a

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2008, 10:08:37 PM »
how the hell do you confuse mg's and mcg's? You take a thousand pills per day instead of one? You take 1000 ml of injectables instead of 1 ml? Not to mention the cost of upping your dose thousand fold.

I find that hard to believe