Author Topic: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.  (Read 40522 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.
« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:19 AM »
Obama's quarantine remarks draw fire from military spouses
The Hill ^  | October 30, 2014 | By Kristina Wong

Posted on ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2014‎ ‎12‎:‎30‎:‎58‎ ‎PM by Oldeconomybuyer

... The president's comments sparked immediate criticism online, including from military spouses who said soldiers were also "volunteers" whose time away from family and loved ones was not any less valuable than for civilian volunteers.

"The President's comments on the differences between the quarantine policies for members of the military and civilian volunteers seemed to dismiss the fact that every member of military has, indeed, volunteered to serve," said Rebekah Gleaves Sanderlin, Army wife and board member for the Military Family Advisory Network.

"In pointing out that the civilian volunteers would be sacrificing time away from their families, the President failed to consider that military members also have families and in this, our 13th year of war, most have already sacrificed years away from their homes and the people they love," Gleaves said.

Susan Reynolds, an Air Force spouse and columnist whose husband is based at Fort Bragg in North Carolina and is deploying to Liberia on Saturday with Army soldiers, said she was also offended.

"We are an all-volunteer force. To say that we're not volunteers as well is insulting to us. To say that those healthcare workers' time with their families is more valuable than the time that my husband spends with me and our son — it's very insulting," she said.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »
I don't know about this one.  It's true they volunteered to serve, but where they serve after they join is not voluntary, so he's technically correct. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
Wow, i was curious how hed handle the difference between the civilians amd the military....

Quite the botched job. Complete incompetence.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #453 on: October 31, 2014, 03:03:15 AM »
Why would I be interested in this? 

Because it says that bats (the flying mammal) are the natural hosts of Ebola.  Just like they are for Rabies. 
(Told ya so, ya silly mofo.)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #454 on: October 31, 2014, 03:16:06 AM »
Wow, i was curious how hed handle the difference between the civilians amd the military....

Quite the botched job. Complete incompetence.

You sure?

Are the civilian doctors still drawing a paycheck while being quarantined?  I'm sure the military guys are.

I'd be careful about taking unnecessary measures that would discourage western doctors from going to Africa to try to squash Ebola at its source. 

The point some are making that we're the safest if we stop Ebola from being a big problem in West Africa.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »
this idiot nurse riding her bike for the cameras, smiling and happy she blew off public safety.   sickening.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2014, 04:45:56 AM »
this idiot nurse riding her bike for the cameras, smiling and happy she blew off public safety.   sickening.

She and her fag bf are libs - what do you expect?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: October 31, 2014, 05:54:22 AM »
She and her fag bf are libs - what do you expect?

Can you throw Gov Christie into that 3-way also? 

He was the one that released her from the hospital due to 'media pressure'. 

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=554037.0

If it was up to you or me, her ignorant ass would be in jail for 3 weeks for endangering the public.  She's riding bikes and spreading her saliva at starbucks, after spending months knee deep in ebola piss and shit.   Not cool. 

All she had to do was stay at HOME for 3 weeks - and still get paid for it.  She could just make the sacrifice and do her cardio in her home for 3 weeks.  I'm sure the govt would have given her a stationairy bike if she requested it.  But no, she got a lawyer, probably writing a book and angling for an MSNBC show too.

Thanks, Chris Christie Obama!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »

You sure?

Are the civilian doctors still drawing a paycheck while being quarantined?  I'm sure the military guys are.

I'd be careful about taking unnecessary measures that would discourage western doctors from going to Africa to try to squash Ebola at its source. 

The point some are making that we're the safest if we stop Ebola from being a big problem in West Africa.

yeah, im sure.

Better not quarantine the guys who ACTUALLY handled ebola because then docs might not go help if they know theyre going to have to spend another whopping 21 days in isolation to ensure they didnt bring back ebola, but fuck the military guys who most likely didnt touch it directly, they can suck it and sit in quarantinr because theyre potentially dangerous dammit.

In what world does that make sense? Either EVERYONE who was near the shit gets quarantined for the same time, or NO ONE does.

Quarantine shouldnt be a political tool, or a negotiating stick, its a fucking procedure to prevent the spread of infectious disease.

If the woman cared so fucking much about helping Africans and stopping the virus, why didnt she gladly sit in quarantine for a couple weeks to ensure that she wasnt propagating it?

It boggles the mind, the choices and rationalization going on

Fuck it, pay her her 3 weeks of pay if her salary wouldnt cover it (which it was).

Just incompetence all around IMHO.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #459 on: October 31, 2014, 07:27:34 AM »
yeah, im sure.

Better not quarantine the guys who ACTUALLY handled ebola because then docs might not go help if they know theyre going to have to spend another whopping 21 days in isolation to ensure they didnt bring back ebola, but fuck the military guys who most likely didnt touch it directly, they can suck it and sit in quarantinr because theyre potentially dangerous dammit.

In what world does that make sense? Either EVERYONE who was near the shit gets quarantined for the same time, or NO ONE does.

Quarantine shouldnt be a political tool, or a negotiating stick, its a fucking procedure to prevent the spread of infectious disease.

If the woman cared so fucking much about helping Africans and stopping the virus, why didnt she gladly sit in quarantine for a couple weeks to ensure that she wasnt propagating it?

It boggles the mind, the choices and rationalization going on

Fuck it, pay her her 3 weeks of pay if her salary wouldnt cover it (which it was).

Just incompetence all around IMHO.

Because she KNOWS it's not contagious unless symptoms are showing.  So to her, it's like she's having to take medical advice from folks that don't know shit about it.  I think it's great that she's standing up and saying in no uncertain terms that those in favor of involuntarily quarantining health professionals who aren't ill don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.  (Which is what you should have said when that nurse gave you that 18g pin for a glute shot, lol.)  (Sorry, I can't stop thinking about that --  I'm a pussy and won't use anything bigger than a 23g myself -- You need to stick some of those 18g pins in that nurses tires, if you ask me.)

As far as the difference between a civilian health professional and some military guy who's drawn the short straw and had to help over there (excepting military doc's and nurses),  the health pro's, particularly the ones who've been personally witnessing folks dying, are highly, highly unlikely to ignore any signs of infections in themselves whereas I could see a selfish military guy (like Dante from Clerks) thinking to themselves "I'm not even supposed to be here" and ignoring a low-grade fever in the hopes that it will turn out to be harmless.  

So, yeah, if you have civilian medical pro's coming back who are mentally or terminally ill, quarantine them against their will.  I don't think you need to do that with them otherwise.  The disease is just not that contagious.  

BTW, what rationale do you have for thinking that if military personnel have to do something, then a civilian does?  Military folks are always having to involuntarily do shit that civilians can refuse to do.

I get that folks are irrationally afraid of Ebola but holy shit, if that male doctor in NY and that black guy in Dallas (who eventually died) can fuck their girls before showing symptoms and yet not infect them (the girls) Ebola cannot be very contagious and, imo, it's not worth quarantining folks who aren't ill.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: October 31, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
Because it says that bats (the flying mammal) are the natural hosts of Ebola.  Just like they are for Rabies. 
(Told ya so, ya silly mofo.)

Who the heck cares?  Other than Simpleton Simon? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #461 on: October 31, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
Because she KNOWS it's not contagious unless symptoms are showing.  So to her, it's like she's having to take medical advice from folks that don't know shit about it.  I think it's great that she's standing up and saying in no uncertain terms that those in favor of involuntarily quarantining health professionals who aren't ill don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.  (Which is what you should have said when that nurse gave you that 18g pin for a glute shot, lol.)  (Sorry, I can't stop thinking about that --  I'm a pussy and won't use anything bigger than a 23g myself -- You need to stick some of those 18g pins in that nurses tires, if you ask me.)

As far as the difference between a civilian health professional and some military guy who's drawn the short straw and had to help over there (excepting military doc's and nurses),  the health pro's, particularly the ones who've been personally witnessing folks dying, are highly, highly unlikely to ignore any signs of infections in themselves whereas I could see a selfish military guy (like Dante from Clerks) thinking to themselves "I'm not even supposed to be here" and ignoring a low-grade fever in the hopes that it will turn out to be harmless.  

So, yeah, if you have civilian medical pro's coming back who are mentally or terminally ill, quarantine them against their will.  I don't think you need to do that with them otherwise.  The disease is just not that contagious.  

BTW, what rationale do you have for thinking that if military personnel have to do something, then a civilian does?  Military folks are always having to involuntarily do shit that civilians can refuse to do.

I get that folks are irrationally afraid of Ebola but holy shit, if that male doctor in NY and that black guy in Dallas (who eventually died) can fuck their girls before showing symptoms and yet not infect them (the girls) Ebola cannot be very contagious and, imo, it's not worth quarantining folks who aren't ill.
because the rationale has nothing to do with 'well hes military so he has to do something even if he diesnt want to'

The rationale being 'were taking extra precautions to make sure the disease doesnt spread.' Either that goes for everyone who may have come in contact or it doesnt.

It makes zero logical sense to quarantine a certain group of people but not another group when theyve both been exposed either way. Either everyone needs to be quarantined; or no one does.

Your medical pro arguement has already proven to be bullshit; weve had how many medical professionals now catch it, and either misdiagnose it or flat out ignore it? Hell, its already happened 3 times in the western countries ALONE.

The 'well the Marine might ignore a low grade fever but a medical pro wouldnt' has also proven to be false, and just as much logic could be used the other way. Remember the nurse who flew to chicago with symptoms?

'Well, im a medical pro, i know my shit, my fever isnt high, im not Ebola range, im fine.' Or even further 'well my fevers high, but not quite ebola range, but i followed all my safety protocols and am a medical professional, its probably just the flu'.

See how that works?

Regardless, thats all side bullshit anyway. Either people who have been exposed coming back in need to be quarantined or they dont. No special treatment when it comes to infectious disease, that invalidates the whole idea of a fucking quarantine.

When the whole idea is to have a procedure to stop the spread of infectious disease, you dont pick who follows the procedure and who doesnt. Either everone goes through the same shit because theyve been exposed, or its not necessary for anyone.

You dont get to cherry pick who gets to excuse themselves and who doesnt just because they might have a better understanding or a little more education. Procedure is procedure, either youve beem exposed or you havent.

IMO All the other bullshit is apologist nonsense on why there is no consistency with whats going, trying to make excuses for why this has been handled in a comically haphazard and inept manner.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #462 on: November 01, 2014, 01:41:57 AM »
because the rationale has nothing to do with 'well hes military so he has to do something even if he diesnt want to'

The rationale being 'were taking extra precautions to make sure the disease doesnt spread.' Either that goes for everyone who may have come in contact or it doesnt.

It makes zero logical sense to quarantine a certain group of people but not another group when theyve both been exposed either way. Either everyone needs to be quarantined; or no one does.

Your medical pro arguement has already proven to be bullshit; weve had how many medical professionals now catch it, and either misdiagnose it or flat out ignore it? Hell, its already happened 3 times in the western countries ALONE.

The 'well the Marine might ignore a low grade fever but a medical pro wouldnt' has also proven to be false, and just as much logic could be used the other way. Remember the nurse who flew to chicago with symptoms?

'Well, im a medical pro, i know my shit, my fever isnt high, im not Ebola range, im fine.' Or even further 'well my fevers high, but not quite ebola range, but i followed all my safety protocols and am a medical professional, its probably just the flu'.

See how that works?

Regardless, thats all side bullshit anyway. Either people who have been exposed coming back in need to be quarantined or they dont. No special treatment when it comes to infectious disease, that invalidates the whole idea of a fucking quarantine.

When the whole idea is to have a procedure to stop the spread of infectious disease, you dont pick who follows the procedure and who doesnt. Either everone goes through the same shit because theyve been exposed, or its not necessary for anyone.

You dont get to cherry pick who gets to excuse themselves and who doesnt just because they might have a better understanding or a little more education. Procedure is procedure, either youve beem exposed or you havent.

IMO All the other bullshit is apologist nonsense on why there is no consistency with whats going, trying to make excuses for why this has been handled in a comically haphazard and inept manner.

Respectfully, I disagree.  

The groups are not the same so why should the rules be the same?  i admit that I don't know the accepted practices for when and who to quarantine so this is all just logical argument on my part.  

You aren't saying that you think it's reasonable to expect that military guys with no medical training would be as competent at self-diagnosing Ebola as trained medical folks, are you?  Because no fucking way.

So I think it comes down to judging whether it's an acceptable risk to trust that the folks who won't be quarantined will follow the proper self-monitoring protocol.

And when it comes to trust...We're not talking about the fat, selfish, not-giving-a-shit nurses who gave you the 18G pin without a care in the world about the self-biopsy that would surely result.  We're talking about admirable medical folks who are motivated to go to another country to help fight a disease that's killing thousands.  Am I putting them up on a pedestal when I think we can trust them to be responsible without quarantining them?  I don't think so.

You do seem to be following this a little more closely than I am, though; Who are the 3 medical pro's who misdiagnosed themselves?

As far as apologist nonsense to provide cover for gov't missteps (or whatever), that absolutely doesn't apply to me here.  I'm just chiming in with what seems right to me. Being needlessly scared over some disease that's not very contagious (and holy shit, if you can be infected while not showing signs and fuck your girl and she doesn't catch it then it's not very contagious) to the point where you take away the freedom of folks that are fighting the disease seems retarded.  (Unless there's a much bigger pool of folks that want to go overseas than I think, anyway.)

Lastly, aren't there a bunch of lab folks who deal with Ebola and other pathogens just as contagious and lethal as Ebola for their jobs (at CDC or big university labs or secret bio-weapons labs)?  

Do we quarantine them or do they go home from work every day?  If they go home every day, is it because the protocols they follow lower the risk to levels where not quarantining them is acceptable?  

Anyway, I'll try to look up quarantine practices and see what's been done in the past.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #463 on: November 01, 2014, 01:47:33 AM »
Who the heck cares?  Other than Simpleton Simon? 

Haha. 

You've said that comparing Ebola and Rabies was "stupid" and now you're embarrassed to be wrong so you're calling names, lol.

I think you're confusing child-ish with child-like.  (One is cute, the other is pathetic.)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »
http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/03/bioshield-obama-diverted-funds-from-its-fight-against-ebola-other-threats

Obama's fault

It's obamas fault that a virus that has existed in africa for decades caused an outbreak due to morons eating fucking bats and shitting in the streets? lol. Good funding for that bullshit should be slashed and put to a better use like actual things that are a problem, like the amt of people that die from influenza each year in the US. you know in the tens of thousands ::)

You love just piling on bullshit, what will we do without protection from all the anthrax and smallpox attacks? we are all going to die.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: November 03, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »
It's obamas fault that a virus that has existed in africa for decades caused an outbreak due to morons eating fucking bats and shitting in the streets? lol. Good funding for that bullshit should be slashed and put to a better use like actual things that are a problem, like the amt of people that die from influenza each year in the US. you know in the tens of thousands ::)

You love just piling on bullshit, what will we do without protection from all the anthrax and smallpox attacks? we are all going to die.

Michelle Obama spreads more toxic gas with her flatulence as a result of gorging down copius amounts of beef, caviars, chooms, pot, coke, cakes, pastries, sausages, etc - where is the funding for dealing with that?    :D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »
It's obamas fault that a virus that has existed in africa for decades caused an outbreak due to morons eating fucking bats and shitting in the streets? lol.

Yeah, it did get squashed pretty quickly in the USA thanks to modern medicine.  The only person that died, well, he was rejected by a TX hospital for a week - by the time he called CDC, he was in late stages of flesh eating.

It'll be funny to see Repubs in congress come back (the day after the election) and criticize obama for this or that, regarding Ebola.  They were silent on it.  No actions, no statements, no votes - but they'll find a way to shit on obama for essentially stopping it (so far) without the economic and logistical impact of flight limitations.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Haha. 

You've said that comparing Ebola and Rabies was "stupid" and now you're embarrassed to be wrong so you're calling names, lol.

I think you're confusing child-ish with child-like.  (One is cute, the other is pathetic.)

It is stupid.  Why would I be embarrassed about anything posted on a message board?  And where in that story did they compare rabies to Ebola?   ::)  You really do engage in projection.  You act like a butt-hurt baby. 

Newsflash Simpleton Simon:  this is not real life.  It's only the internet. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
It is stupid.  Why would I be embarrassed about anything posted on a message board?  And where in that story did they compare rabies to Ebola?   ::)  You really do engage in projection.  You act like a butt-hurt baby. 

Newsflash Simpleton Simon:  this is not real life.  It's only the internet. 

I'm embarrassed for you, then.

Please try to do better.

Thanks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: November 03, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
You might be even dumber than I thought.   :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #472 on: November 03, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »
Michelle Obama spreads more toxic gas with her flatulence as a result of gorging down copius amounts of beef, caviars, chooms, pot, coke, cakes, pastries, sausages, etc - where is the funding for dealing with that?    :D ;D

cool story bro

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #473 on: November 03, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
You might be even dumber than I thought.   :-\

Your name-calling is disappointing to me and your family. 

Please try to control yourself.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
At this day, what is the death toll from Ebola of Americans in the US?