Author Topic: Recession Will Be 'Full-Blown Depression': Strategist  (Read 786 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Recession Will Be 'Full-Blown Depression': Strategist
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
Recession Will Be 'Full-Blown Depression': Strategist
CNBC ^ | 10/16/2009 | Staff

Posted on Friday, October 16, 2009 1:38:21 PM by Red in Blue PA

This global recession will turn into a "full-blown depression," Nicu Harajchi, CEO of N1 Asset Management, said Friday, adding that global stimulus hasn't come down to Main Street.

Wall Street is making money, while consumers aren't, Harajchi told CNBC.

"We have seen the G20 coming out with cross border capital injections of $5 trillion this year… But a lot of this money hasn't really come down to Main Street," he said.

"When it comes down to corporate America, corporate Europe or even in Asia, in Japan, we are not seeing Main Street making any money," he said. "Consumers are losing their jobs. They are struggling with their mortgages, with their credit. And we are just seeing this continuing."

The $5 trillion injection is "monetary expansion," according to Harajchi. "At some point, which we believe to be 2010/11, some of the central banks are going to recall some of that money and that will turn from monetary expansion to monetary contraction."

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...
________________________ ________________________ ____________

I have a great idea, lets tax the shit out of the middle class to pay for illegals' health care and pay for a phoney climate change adventure.

That will do the trick! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Recession Will Be 'Full-Blown Depression': Strategist
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
MORE
________________________ ________________________

He also said he doesn't see the corporates or the public "being able to pay back that debt."

"We see 2010 becoming a much more risky year than 2009," he said.

Harajchi said unemployment data are "a leading indicator" instead of a lagging indicator.

Mike Lenhoff, chief strategist at Brewing Dolphin Securities, told CNBC that the recovery will depend on the improvement in cyclical sectors.

"The sooner companies generate their profits, and I think it is moving towards mainstream, it's not just the financials now," Lenhoff said. "If present trends continue, we're talking about jobs being created sometime in the second quarter of next year. That could do a lot for consumer confidence."

Weak Dollar is Everybody's Friend

It is no longer up to the U.S. but more to the rest of the world to decide about the dollar's status as the global reserve currency, Harajchi said.

China and the Gulf countries which have their oil pegged to the dollar "would like to see some other currencies, maybe the euro, playing a more dominant role," he said.

Lenhoff disagreed with Harajchi, saying he believes the dollar will continue to play a dominant role in global trade and global finance.

Central banks will continue to keep interest rates very low in order to avoid a depression, he said. The reason for the dollar's recent weakness "is really down to Fed policy," he added.

"The Federal Reserve has made it crystal clear that interest rates are staying where they are for an extended period of time. We're getting to see a more confident tone to global growth, to a recovery, and as a result of that, we're seeing the tolerance towards risk aversion drop and that in turn has washed back onto the dollar as investors go in search of risk assets," he said.

"This is something we're going to see for a while, until there is a change in Fed policy. That doesn't seem imminent and certainly it doesn't seem at all likely until sometime in the latter half of next year."

The dollar's depreciation will help boost the S&P 500 index over the coming quarters, Lenhoff told CNBC.

"A weak dollar is everybody's friend," he said.

"If the dollar serves the role of an additional stimulus in reflating the U.S, then I think that it's very good," he said.

Track Stock Funds, Bond Funds

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
seriously, why won't anyone take my advice?  Treat an illegal nicely when you pick them up.  Then break their leg, wrap them in a cast, and ship them in a boat to the very southern top of mexico.

If one of them is resiliant enough to make it all the way back thru mexico with the broken leg, and across our border again...

You break their other leg and try again :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
seriously, why won't anyone take my advice?  Treat an illegal nicely when you pick them up.  Then break their leg, wrap them in a cast, and ship them in a boat to the very southern top of mexico.

If one of them is resiliant enough to make it all the way back thru mexico with the broken leg, and across our border again...

You break their other leg and try again :)
lol youre for this but against gitmo huh?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »

I think we should capture bad guys, interrogate them any way we deem fit, and then make em walk the plank.  Do it all on a ship, call it a day.

I don't think we should help increase jihadist recruitment with a billboard that says "Look, we're beating up these guys!" 

This endangers our troops.  I don't give a crap about some crazy enemies' rights.  I do care about tens of thousands of add'l jihadists getting revved up because of the orange jump suit gitmo, or Abu ghurab underwear pics.

Handle that shit like a G.   You STFU, do the dirt, get the intel, and feed em to the sharks.  Don't let ego run shit like Bush did, saying "Look what we can do with them... bring it on!"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »
I think we should capture bad guys, interrogate them any way we deem fit, and then make em walk the plank.  Do it all on a ship, call it a day.

I don't think we should help increase jihadist recruitment with a billboard that says "Look, we're beating up these guys!" 

This endangers our troops.  I don't give a crap about some crazy enemies' rights.  I do care about tens of thousands of add'l jihadists getting revved up because of the orange jump suit gitmo, or Abu ghurab underwear pics.

Handle that shit like a G.   You STFU, do the dirt, get the intel, and feed em to the sharks.  Don't let ego run shit like Bush did, saying "Look what we can do with them... bring it on!"
arent you the dumb ass running around saying "geneva convention" in every other thread?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
arent you the dumb ass running around saying "geneva convention" in every other thread?

No, i'm the guy who believes proudly admitting we're torturing people is a stupid move. 

Doing what you gotta do behind closed doors, hey, so be it. 

Bush and cheney were brash.  Told terrorists to 'bring it on'.  They threw fuel on the fire. Obama is running the same wars - bigger even - and showing the world a velvet glove, not an iron fist.

Bush let his ego run shit.  Obama is doing the SAME SHIT, but using his brain to do it.  Gitmo still open, but since obama said we're working to close it, it's less of a recruitment tool and those nuts hate america less.  It wasn't "USA sucks" on their signs - it was "BUSH".  remember? ;)

So all I'm saying is, the american leader shouldn't be a drunk cowboy bragging about how much ass we'll kick, how we torture people, how we dare the bad guys to attack.  Because we saw how tough that made the wars.  The prez should be gentle, and show concern for life, and do whatever the F needs to be done quietly.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
No, i'm the guy who believes proudly admitting we're torturing people is a stupid move. 

Bush and cheney were brash.  Told terrorists to 'bring it on'.  They threw fuel on the fire. Obama is running the same wars - bigger even - and showing the world a velvet glove, not an iron fist.

Bush let his ego run shit.  Obama is doing the SAME SHIT, but using his brain to do it.  Gitmo still open, but since obama said we're working to close it, it's less of a recruitment tool and those nuts hate america less.  It wasn't "USA sucks" on their signs - it was "BUSH".  remember? ;)

So all I'm saying is, the american leader shouldn't be a drunk cowboy bragging about how much ass we'll kick, how we torture people, how we dare the bad guys to attack.  Because we saw how tough that made the wars.  The prez should be gentle, and show concern for life, and do whatever the F needs to be done quietly.
are you sure i think i remember a thread from a day ago where you were yelling about the geneva convention 240?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:30:21 PM »
are you sure i think i remember a thread from a day ago where you were yelling about the geneva convention 240?

Ha ha.  240 cant even keep his story straight for one day. 

Mons Venus

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »

I have a great idea, lets tax the shit out of the middle class to pay for illegals' health care and pay for a phoney climate change adventure.

Reporter Uncovers Supressed Bush-Era Climate Change Report

The Environmental Protection Agency recently released a report that had been suppressed by the George W. Bush administration. It concluded that the United States should take swift action to regulate greenhouse gas. The report, which is known as an "endangerment finding," was completed in 2007. "The conclusions reached then by EPA scientists should have been made public and should have been considered," said EPA spokeswomen Adora Andy.

The record was uncovered by the environmental news publication Greenwire after a Freedom of Information Act public records request. The endangerment finding is reported to echo some of the same points found in the report ordered by President Obama last April.

"Both reach the same conclusion," said Jason Burnett, a former EPA deputy administrator that resigned in the Bush Era. "Science and law transcend politics." Some sections of Obama's endangerment report offer the same viewpoints on climate change as the suppressed Bush report word-for-word, including a statement that the "U.S. and the rest of the world are experiencing the effects of climate change now." The Obama version, which is still in a period of public review, is expected to become the canonical document because it contains a greater level of detail than the results contained in the Bush document. The 2009 endangerment finding is expected to give the EPA the authority to regulate greenhouse gasses by the end of the year.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
Sure thing douchebag..were's ur 214.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »

There's no reason for these people to ever step foot on American soil or on any piece of land for that matter. They should be interrogated on the CIA prison ships and then made to disappear after.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

That will do the trick! 

I am as enraged as you bro.

I also think Wall Street and the big corps has to be made to pay.

I doubt it will happen, but this shit with governments bending over and taking it in the rear from Trans National Corporations has to stop.

As empty as paradise

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 02:06:42 PM »

Bush and cheney were brash.  Told terrorists to 'bring it on'.  They threw fuel on the fire. Obama is running the same wars - bigger even - and showing the world a velvet glove, not an iron fist.

Bush let his ego run shit.  Obama is doing the SAME SHIT, but using his brain to do it.  Gitmo still open, but since obama said we're working to close it, it's less of a recruitment tool and those nuts hate america less.  It wasn't "USA sucks" on their signs - it was "BUSH".  remember? ;)

So all I'm saying is, the american leader shouldn't be a drunk cowboy bragging about how much ass we'll kick, how we torture people, how we dare the bad guys to attack.  Because we saw how tough that made the wars.  The prez should be gentle, and show concern for life, and do whatever the F needs to be done quietly.

this has always been 240s stance

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »
this has always been 240s stance

yeah, this is true.

You publicly laud Geneva as the way we always go.  You NEVER tell the world that you use torture, or how great it works.  You repeat 'we're better than that' until you're blue in the face.

Then you put those terrorists fvckers on a boat, beat em for a month for intel, and feed em to the sharks.  It ain't rocket science.

Geneva keeps OUR TROOPS safe.  Remember our two poor soldiers who were tortured beyond belief then killed, in response to the abu ghirab torture pics?  You avoid shit like that, you get the intel, and USA wins.

33 and tony... ya follow?