Author Topic: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???  (Read 63943 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »

I respectfully disagree...and not out of chauvinistic spite - there is some REAL TRASH on this board. 

X2

I remember when the board started, and some of the attacks were truly vile!!!
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
Yeppers 24kt, as do I.  The whole point of the Girly Board (instigated by STella/ButterBean and me a few years ago was to have no men...

Bikini Slut, you're going to have to change your name,  no woman would call herself that.  Nor are you a mod on this our Girly Board.  Why have you all of a sudden decided a Girly Board is a good idea?

It never worked as soon as they let men on.  It should've been Women only.  Men have all the other boards, there should've been one for just Girls.

You cite ten female users and of those, >>>I reckon 4 or 6 are men trolling.

And waaaaaaaa why am I not mentioned, I asked for this Girly Board directly at Ron and he did it for me.  But it got wrecked when some woman from Florida was the mod and she gave her password to Michael Arvilla?

with mad love
xLinda in London England

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 04:38:35 PM »
X2

Time to give it another chance maybe. With guys. Just have it under close moderation.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 04:46:23 PM »
Oh ya

I vote Bikini Slut for mod on our Girly Board, that makes so much sense...

Bring it on tossers.  Joke okay, you may not understand my sarcasm....

No seriously, the best attempt at a Female Board would be to have only females.  Let the men post elsewhere and allow them to only look but not touch our Girly place?  Really, it'd work

madly
xxxLinda

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
Oh ya

I vote Bikini Slut for mod on our Girly Board, that makes so much sense...

Her and BigBalls and DanglyBits and MassiveDick, they must mod our Girly Board.  Bring it on tossers.  Joke okay, you may not understand my sarcasm....

No seriously, the best attempt at a Female Board would be to have only females.  Let the men post elsewhere and allow them to only look but not touch our Girly place?  Really, it'd work

madly
xxxLinda

Go troll in Gossip and Opinions....this is a serious discussion.

I don't care if you don't like my Getbig handle btw.  ::)

I don't want to be mod and I brought this up because another female member was to shy to and asked me too. And I agree with her...I think it would be nice to have this section busier.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »
My point is that most women might prefer not to 'troll' as you call it, Slut, on the other manly boards.

And when they had 'close moderation" Laura Lee gave her password to her bloke and havoc ensued, our Girly Board wasn't safe.  

>>>So if you do really have a real femaie wanting to post on GetBig, it would make sense that she start on our safe Girl Place and post here, then peruse the other boards if she feels the need.  But as you say, it'd be best if our Girly Board became busier and safer.  It should be the only place to be for real Girls.

Oh Darling?  I'll just call you Bikini from now on, that's a much nicer name

with mad love from London England
xxxLinda

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
X2

J:

I don't even consider it a sexist thing; I just think that any board serving as a sanctuary from that type of sh!t is a good thing!

That is how I run the two boards I co-mod. There are the G&O and alphabet boards for the sophomoric crap. There are grown ups, however, who would like to engage in serious discussion.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 05:25:53 PM »
Perfect Montague, well put.

You understand...

The G&O and the GenTops are no place for women.  Thanks for understanding.  It's too bashy there.

And thanks eversomuch for coming over here from your other boards and explaining how this one ought to be run.  The modding has been utter rubbish here, which is hilarious considering that the entire point was to be safe...

Take care Babes
xxxLinda

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
Perfect Montague, well put.

You understand...

The G&O and the GenTops are no place for women.  Thanks for understanding.  It's too bashy there.

And thanks eversomuch for coming over here from your other boards and explaining how this one ought to be run.  The modding has been utter rubbish here, which is hilarious considering that the entire point was to be safe...

Take care Babes
xxxLinda

No, no, friend - the G&O is for anyone who wants to venture there; male or female. My point is that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and there should be places reserved for mature discussion.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
I donno...I guess approved male posters is going to be the happy medium between female only and completely open.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »
We'll give it a try....nothing wrong with that.

It will take time.

Most people don't even check this section.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 12:47:06 AM »
Go troll in Gossip and Opinions....this is a serious discussion.

I don't care if you don't like my Getbig handle btw.  ::)

I don't want to be mod and I brought this up because another female member was to shy to and asked me too. And I agree with her...I think it would be nice to have this section busier.

BS, this board was rather lively. Unfortunately the men moved in and pretty much took it over to the point where the women just stopped posting. Then there was another go at it, and a few guys came in and started attacking women in general, making sexist comments objectifying women which started a fight between men & women. It was so obvious, ...but the men didn't get it. A few realized they didn't get it, and bowed out deciding to leave us our little piece of GetBig in peace.

Then, one of the mods and her boyfriend turned it into their own little playground.

The few men left who knew how to play nicely with the girls in the sandbox got tired of what many referred to as "The Mike & Laura Show"  a second mod was simply MIA,  another was bored out of her mind and losing brain cells by the minute having to read some of the banality here, ...afterall, there is just only so much makeup & lipstick topics a working brain can endure.

A few female posters here even started taking their feuds from other boards over here and the moderation tended to be a little cliquish.

There have been a few good threads that were extremely informative and very helpful that the men watched, but didn't participate in... like the infamous Tampon thread, but most of the original and most consistent posters male & female who preferred this board, have left GetBig sick of the crap they have to wade through.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 12:56:06 AM »
We'll give it a try....nothing wrong with that.

It will take time.

Most people don't even check this section.

We'll give it a try??!  ROTFLOL!
You say that as if it is YOUR decision to make.  ???

People don't check this section because they don't want to.
I was here for 10 years before I even ventured to post on G&O
If someone wants to post here, they know how to do it.
If you want to see the board come alive, post something of interest to the readers they would respond to.
w

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
My opinion isn't worth shit but just wanted to say I'm all for the ladies board. I've been a member of GB for a long time and back in the day this site was really cool and the majority were mature cool people. I like to post on the ladies board for advice to be honest. I have 4 daughters and sometimes I need an honest answer or a womans perspective on things / my actions. (sometime we men can be assholes and not see it clearly)

Types of GOOD advice I've gotten here over the years - dating, husband, step parent, parent of teenager girls, anniversary gift suggestions, argument settlement... In all honesty I respect most of the ladies here, especially the old school - Princess, Laura, Stella, 24kt and even Linda.   All have proven wise and have saved my ass or humbled me at one time or another.

I appreciate the straight forward talk and not the lets not hurt his feelings bullshit.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
I donno...I guess approved male posters is going to be the happy medium between female only and completely open.

Perhaps it's not the ideal solution, but it's something.  It gives the guys (who aren't yet approved) a moment of pause to remember this is a place where some dignity and respect is required.  Nothing more is expected and nothing less is accepted.  Anyone who is willing to demonstrate a reasonable level of respect at all times, shouldn’t have an issue with agreeing to the rules of engagement.   Not agreeing and then posting IS disrespectful to the women of the board and those men who have.

BS, this board was rather lively. Unfortunately the men moved in and pretty much took it over to the point where the women just stopped posting. Then there was another go at it, and a few guys came in and started attacking women in general, making sexist comments objectifying women which started a fight between men & women. It was so obvious, ...but the men didn't get it. A few realized they didn't get it, and bowed out deciding to leave us our little piece of GetBig in peace.

Then, one of the mods and her boyfriend turned it into their own little playground.

The few men left who knew how to play nicely with the girls in the sandbox got tired of what many referred to as "The Mike & Laura Show"  a second mod was simply MIA,  another was bored out of her mind and losing brain cells by the minute having to read some of the banality here, ...afterall, there is just only so much makeup & lipstick topics a working brain can endure.

A few female posters here even started taking their feuds from other boards over here and the moderation tended to be a little cliquish.

There have been a few good threads that were extremely informative and very helpful that the men watched, but didn't participate in... like the infamous Tampon thread, but most of the original and most consistent posters male & female who preferred this board, have left GetBig sick of the crap they have to wade through.

Good assessment  ;)

I really have no idea how or when I became a mod here.   Then again I have the memory of a goldfish (oh look!  A castle)  I never requested it.  There were plenty of other women who actively modded the board and I basically stayed out of it.

There’s a whole plethora of reasons IMO.  Many women have come and gone, but the original active  “core” being gone has a lot to do with what has gone on off-line.  Without going into specific details, the real life interference had significant impact.  It’s not a matter of “ban them”.  Ban who?  Attacks and real-life stalking come from virtually unknown sources and those attacks often times have NOTHING to do with what has been revealed online.

My opinion isn't worth shit but just wanted to say I'm all for the ladies board. I've been a member of GB for a long time and back in the day this site was really cool and the majority were mature cool people. I like to post on the ladies board for advice to be honest. I have 4 daughters and sometimes I need an honest answer or a womans perspective on things / my actions. (sometime we men can be assholes and not see it clearly)

Types of GOOD advice I've gotten here over the years - dating, husband, step parent, parent of teenager girls, anniversary gift suggestions, argument settlement... In all honesty I respect most of the ladies here, especially the old school - Princess, Laura, Stella, 24kt and even Linda.   All have proven wise and have saved my ass or humbled me at one time or another.

I appreciate the straight forward talk and not the lets not hurt his feelings bullshit.

My deepest sympathies

;D
:

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »
Still got my hair...but greys have started in over the last year. I can actually see them without searching now. My girls used to get $1 for everyone they found and pulled...now I fear I will either go broke or bald (or both) if we continue that chore.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »
Still got my hair...but greys have started in over the last year. I can actually see them without searching now. My girls used to get $1 for everyone they found and pulled...now I fear I will either go broke or bald (or both) if we continue that chore.

ooo  don't do that.  It damages the follicle and the hair that regrows in that follicle will grow all knarley
 :-X
:

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

Why wouldn't your opinion be worth something? Even though you don't have ovaries, and went missing for a few years, I think that YOU, along with Miggy and a few select others have been valuable and well loved contributors to this board. I'm sure all the girls here would gladly grant you the upgraded status and award you as an "honorary woman". Sorry Miggy, this award doesn't come with a vagina at your disposal 24/7, but it can prevent automatic eye-ball rolling the moment you open your mouth. lol. And it means we'll also do you the courtesy of hearing you out, actually listening to you before we declare you WRONG!  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 02:37:42 PM »
Perhaps it's not the ideal solution, but it's something.  It gives the guys (who aren't yet approved) a moment of pause to remember this is a place where some dignity and respect is required.  Nothing more is expected and nothing less is accepted.  Anyone who is willing to demonstrate a reasonable level of respect at all times, shouldn’t have an issue with agreeing to the rules of engagement.   Not agreeing and then posting IS disrespectful to the women of the board and those men who have.

Good assessment  ;)

I really have no idea how or when I became a mod here.   Then again I have the memory of a goldfish (oh look!  A castle)  I never requested it.  There were plenty of other women who actively modded the board and I basically stayed out of it.

There’s a whole plethora of reasons IMO.  Many women have come and gone, but the original active  “core” being gone has a lot to do with what has gone on off-line.  Without going into specific details, the real life interference had significant impact.  It’s not a matter of “ban them”.  Ban who?  Attacks and real-life stalking come from virtually unknown sources and those attacks often times have NOTHING to do with what has been revealed online.

My deepest sympathies

;D

I don't remember when you became a mod here either. I know it was after Dina went MIA. Infact, I don't even remember Dina ever posting here. It was well after DeeDee left to maintain her sanity, and the Mike & Laura show came to an end. I know i was away from this site for most of 2011. I think Ron made you a mod because of the amazing job you've done modding other boards.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »

You are hilarious!  ;D
w

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 08:35:18 PM »
We'll give it a try??!  ROTFLOL!
You say that as if it is YOUR decision to make.  ???
People don't check this section because they don't want to.
I was here for 10 years before I even ventured to post on G&O
If someone wants to post here, they know how to do it.
If you want to see the board come alive, post something of interest to the readers they would respond to.

Oh brother.  ::)

I really don't care about the past. I actually laughed at the Mike and Laura story. Don't know why she did that but whatever.

I brought this up to see if more women would be interested. Apparently not because everybody is dwelling on the past.

No matter to me. We will see if more women start posting or not. At least it's now been brought to attention.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
Someone enlighten me here or in PMs, what the hell is the Mike and Laura story?? Or post me a link if you don't mind.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
Someone enlighten me here or in PMs, what the hell is the Mike and Laura story?? Or post me a link if you don't mind.

Haha...I'm curious too.  :D

I recall their names being mentioned in threads but I don't know this "story". If I recall she was a competitor and looked really very good. Him as well.

And here I just claimed I didn't care about the past......haha. Silly Dot.  :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 05:07:48 AM »
I'll relay what was seen as the Mike & Laura 'Show', As for the Mike & Laura 'story', that's none of my business,
so I won't be publicly discussing that, ...regardless of what I may know. Suffice to say, their story ended.

Basically the Mike & Laura Show was them making the board all about them.
Signing into the board to tell each other how much they loved each other etc.,
...even if they were sitting in the same room. I liked them both, but sometimes most times, it was cloying
w

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:41 AM »
I'll relay what was seen as the Mike & Laura 'Show', As for the Mike & Laura 'story', that's none of my business,
so I won't be publicly discussing that, ...regardless of what I may know. Suffice to say, their story ended.

Basically the Mike & Laura Show was them making the board all about them.
Signing into the board to tell each other how much they loved each other etc.,
...even if they were sitting in the same room. I liked them both, but sometimes most times, it was cloying