Author Topic: Need advice from all you JD's / Lawyers  (Read 503 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
Need advice from all you JD's / Lawyers
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
My apartment lease is up at the end of the month and management is raising my rent substantially, hence I told them I won't be renewing the lease.  I called today under a fake name (John Kruger, aka Arnold Schwarzenegger from Eraser to keep it bodybuilding related) and asked about prices, and the leasing agent quoted me the exact same rent I am paying now for the same apartment.  I got her to email me the quote and I went to the management's office after work and they refuse to honor the terms they emailed to me because I'm a current resident.  They wouldn't even let me sign a brand new lease with those terms and pay all the application fees again.

In my opinion this is price discrimination - they are quoting two people two different prices for the same apartment.  That's like me saying I'll sell my car to a white guy for 10k but a black guy for 15k.  So for all you CEO's / Fortune 500 attorneys, do I have a case for a lawsuit?
I dont like twinks.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Need advice from all you JD's / Lawyers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:14 PM »

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]t=5s

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »
In short, no. They can charge whatever they want and If you pay it, you pay it. You had a lease and the honored it to its completion. Now If you are a member of a protected class ( Jewish for example) and you can prove they are renting the place for cheaper due to your religion then yes, you have a winnable suit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
My apartment lease is up at the end of the month and management is raising my rent substantially, hence I told them I won't be renewing the lease.  I called today under a fake name (John Kruger, aka Arnold Schwarzenegger from Eraser to keep it bodybuilding related) and asked about prices, and the leasing agent quoted me the exact same rent I am paying now for the same apartment.  I got her to email me the quote and I went to the management's office after work and they refuse to honor the terms they emailed to me because I'm a current resident.  They wouldn't even let me sign a brand new lease with those terms and pay all the application fees again.

In my opinion this is price discrimination - they are quoting two people two different prices for the same apartment.  That's like me saying I'll sell my car to a white guy for 10k but a black guy for 15k.  So for all you CEO's / Fortune 500 attorneys, do I have a case for a lawsuit?

Cable companies offer discounted rates to new customers all the time.
Y

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
If your in calif., pm me, there is a bit more

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Get a lawyer. They can get into big trouble for this.

Look it up...