Author Topic: Cubs vs Indians!  (Read 38134 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Cubs vs Indians!
« on: October 23, 2016, 10:33:36 AM »
It has been 68 years for the Indians and (of course) 108 years for the lovable Cubbies.

Who do you like?

I'm one of the few (outside Cleveland) rooting for the Tribe ... and think it would be a toss up if their rotation was healthy ... but since they only have one great/good starter available, Chicago should prevail 4-1.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Cubs vs Indians!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
Rooting for Cleveland too, but not really vested in it.
Y

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »
this just verifies the end of the world is nigh

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »
Rooting for Cleveland too, but not really vested in it.

x2

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
I support the Indians, for two reasons:

1.  Butthurt among all the phags in the media who act like the Cubs are entitled to win this WS
2.  Butthurt among all the SJW's who bemoan the Indians' "racist" name and mascot

K

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
I support the Indians, for two reasons:

1.  Butthurt among all the phags in the media who act like the Cubs are entitled to win this WS
2.  Butthurt among all the SJW's who bemoan the Indians' "racist" name and mascot

Can't argue with either of these.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
even though I wanted the AL team to win, i'm happy that on baseball's biggest stage the overratedness of Joe Maddon was exposed for all to see.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 04:58:46 AM »

x2
Late to the party. Me, too. Lost the series bet to the better half (underdog all the way!). This was/is a seriously strong, young, talented team. I'm a Jay's fan but I was stunned by how they just gave us no air. Man, keep an eye on this team. Go Jays! 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:53 AM »
I had Cleveland in 6 scoring 19 to win a few baseball lessons at our academy.  Had a shot, but lost.

I was rooting for Andrew Miller mostly.  Amazing how both Yankees trades had such a huge impact on the series.  But, as TJ said, Maddon got exposed.

Toronto / NY will have interesting off seasons - a few quick points.....

- Will Toronto spend to keep Bautista and Encarnacion
- Will the Yankees resist the influx of trading chips they now have and continue the youth movement, or will they flip stuff for guys like Sale (hope they stay the course)
- Will Dombrowski trade more of Boston's youth to upgrade
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:23:54 AM »
Grape, what's your take on the Chapman signing?  yea or nay?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 07:14:26 AM »
Grape, what's your take on the Chapman signing?  yea or nay?

I'm Ok with it for the following:

1. Even though he's not a need for this team at the moment, he doesn't block anybody's development
2. The money won't prohibit any future acquisitions
3. He was available NOW so it had to happen now and he is exciting to watch
4. Yanks should be in the hunt after this year but could possibly sneak in since I don't think the rest of the AL is that good outside of the top teams

But yeah, it's crazy to add that piece for someone who will pitch one inning only if the other team members play well enough to get there.

Our pitching appears poor, but if NY can grab Otani next year, he and Tanaka at the top can be formidable.

I hope they stay the course - Frazier / Torres / Sanchez / Bird can be a great core, and there's still Rutheford, Mateo, Judge, Kaprelian, Sheffield too........good times potentially if it works out.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 07:32:37 AM »
I'm Ok with it for the following:

1. Even though he's not a need for this team at the moment, he doesn't block anybody's development
2. The money won't prohibit any future acquisitions
3. He was available NOW so it had to happen now and he is exciting to watch
4. Yanks should be in the hunt after this year but could possibly sneak in since I don't think the rest of the AL is that good outside of the top teams

But yeah, it's crazy to add that piece for someone who will pitch one inning only if the other team members play well enough to get there.

Our pitching appears poor, but if NY can grab Otani next year, he and Tanaka at the top can be formidable.

I hope they stay the course - Frazier / Torres / Sanchez / Bird can be a great core, and there's still Rutheford, Mateo, Judge, Kaprelian, Sheffield too........good times potentially if it works out.

well, I hope the Yanks sign Harper in a couple of years (which looks more likely than not) because i'd like to get that talent in the AL East (and visiting Toronto 9-10 times each season) ... i'm more a baseball fan than a Jays fan (ya gotta be with so much mediocrity here over the years.)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 08:26:19 AM »
well, I hope the Yanks sign Harper in a couple of years (which looks more likely than not) because i'd like to get that talent in the AL East (and visiting Toronto 9-10 times each season) ... i'm more a baseball fan than a Jays fan (ya gotta be with so much mediocrity here over the years.)

You have proven yourself a true baseball fan.  I will extend this one time invitation to convert to Yankee fandom.  It's a good time considering they're in a reboot.

Harper will depend on his performance the next few years.  But it does feel he's gravitating towards that.  I'd rather it be Trout (and I have a slight irrational concern the Yankees could trade 4-5 guys I mentioned above to get him).

Otani is the one I really want.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 08:46:25 AM »
You have proven yourself a true baseball fan.  I will extend this one time invitation to convert to Yankee fandom.  It's a good time considering they're in a reboot.

Harper will depend on his performance the next few years.  But it does feel he's gravitating towards that.  I'd rather it be Trout (and I have a slight irrational concern the Yankees could trade 4-5 guys I mentioned above to get him).

Otani is the one I really want.

could never convert to "The Evil Empire" haha, but still want the Yankees to be strong rivals year in and year out.

what's the maximum you'd give up to acquire Mike Trout today?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
could never convert to "The Evil Empire" haha, but still want the Yankees to be strong rivals year in and year out.

what's the maximum you'd give up to acquire Mike Trout today?

It's tough because, on one hand, Trout is a generational player - I think at the end of it he legitimately could be top 3 all time.

On, the other hand, trading Sanchez, Torres and Frazier to get him is extremely tough, since those guys fill C / IF / OF spots, and that production would have to be acquired agaqin.

I'd probably give up any combination of rookies to get him, but would try to keep Sanchez.  It would sting.   

Might change my mind though.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
It's tough because, on one hand, Trout is a generational player - I think at the end of it he legitimately could be top 3 all time.

On, the other hand, trading Sanchez, Torres and Frazier to get him is extremely tough, since those guys fill C / IF / OF spots, and that production would have to be acquired agaqin.

I'd probably give up any combination of rookies to get him, but would try to keep Sanchez.  It would sting.   

Might change my mind though.

If Trout was made available, it would be hard for me to resist trying to overwhelm the Angels with an offer ...

only 25 years old ... should have 5 MVP awards already ... still 4 more years of control (with a decent chance of locking him up forever if you give him the vault) ... and (as you said) serious top 3 GOAT possibility (barring career shortened injury.)

Also, having one of the best personalities in the game is just icing on the cake for the Face of the Franchise.

But that would be the fan in me slipping thru with my GM's hat on.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
If Trout was made available, it would be hard for me to resist trying to overwhelm the Angels with an offer ...

only 25 years old ... should have 5 MVP awards already ... still 4 more years of control (with a decent chance of locking him up forever if you give him the vault) ... and (as you said) serious top 3 GOAT possibility (barring career shortened injury.)

Also, having one of the best personalities in the game is just icing on the cake for the Face of the Franchise.

But that would be the fan in me slipping thru with my GM's hat on.

Thank you for that.   He really should, even during Miggy's TC year.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
Cleveland signs Encarnacion for less guaranteed than Toronto offers.

Indians will be legit next year.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »

Yes, Cleveland should win the AL Central rather easily.

Kinsler (Edwin's agent) and Shatkins (Shapiro & Atkins, the Jays FO) should be the laughingstocks of the industry after that debacle.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »

They were this year. EE just icing. Hope he gets a ring. Bautista!?  ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
They were this year. EE just icing. Hope he gets a ring. Bautista!?  ::)

Getting their starters back, plus EE is enormous.  Go Tribe.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:50 AM »
Getting their starters back, plus EE is enormous.  Go Tribe.
Jays re-sign 'locker-room-poison' Bautista!?  I wanted 3 three things for 2017: keep Edwin, and lose Bautista and Dickie. Dickie gone I like. Bautista on the field this year is gonna take a lot of beers.  Bigly Sad.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
Jays re-sign 'locker-room-poison' Bautista!?  I wanted 3 three things for 2017: keep Edwin, and lose Bautista and Dickie. Dickie gone I like. Bautista on the field this year is gonna take a lot of beers.  Bigly Sad.

EE leaving hurts them.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »

Did you see what the Orioles said? they wouldn't sign him because their fans hated him.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »

Did you see what the Orioles said? they wouldn't sign him because their fans hated him.
Heard. Liked it. Kinda like the moving companies in SD and LA re: Chargers.  ;D