Author Topic: Never buy clothes on a no carb day!  (Read 6305 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Never buy clothes on a no carb day!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
 :D

Int J Sport Nutr. 1992 Dec;2(4):328-34
    Effects of carbohydrate loading and weight-lifting on muscle girth.
    Balon TW, Horowitz JF, Fitzsimmons KM.

Dept. of Diabetes, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010.

Bodybuilders have used different carbohydrate loading regimens in conjunction with resistance exercise prior to competition in the belief that this would result in increased muscle size. To investigate this possibility, muscle girth measurements were obtained from nine weight-trained males before and after a control (standard isocaloric diet) and an experimental trial (carbohydrate loading). The latter regimen consisted of 3 days of intense weight-lifting while the subjects ingested a diet of 10% carbohydrate (CHO), 57% fat (F), and 33% protein (P), followed by 3 days of light weight-lifting and a day of rest while ingesting a diet of 80% CHO, 5% F, and 15% P. The control trial consisted of an identical weight-lifting regimen while subjects ingested an isocaloric (45 kcal/kg BW/day) diet. Body weight and girths (forearm, upper arm, chest, thigh, waist, and calf) were obtained before and after each trial in a relaxed and flexed state. The results indicate that an exercise/carbohydrate loading regimen had no significant effect on muscle girth as compared to the control trial. It is concluded that CHO loading has no additional advantage to enhancing muscle girth in bodybuilders over weight-lifting alone.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NEVER BUY CLOTHES ON A NO CARB DAY
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
True, thats why you get a tailor.  It's only like $5 a shirt to have the side brought in.

i dont know anywhere over here that does that. I would easily pay a few quid to get my clothes in at waist. just my work shirts mainly

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: NEVER BUY CLOTHES ON A NO CARB DAY
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
i dont know anywhere over here that does that. I would easily pay a few quid to get my clothes in at waist. just my work shirts mainly

+1, the "Athletic cut" shirts never seem to cut it.  Who the fcuk were those things cut for?  Tucked in for a 32 waist the look like garbage.
\

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Never buy clothes on a no carb day!
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 10:19:57 AM »
and slim fit shirts are just insanely tight