Author Topic: Where Are They Now - Tom Prince  (Read 42983 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Digital Muscle- Where are They Now- Tom Prince.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
“I don’t care if I die as long as they bury me in a big fucking box.”

Excellent!

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 11:52:14 PM »
Good to see Tom healthy and leave everything behind unlike some guys making comebacks and such

How’s Melvin Anthony doing? Heard he’s out now, going to make a comeback too?

He lost a kidney and is on immunosuppressive drugs for life,that is ridiculously far from healthy.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 11:54:32 PM »
He lost a kidney and is on immunosuppressive drugs for life,that is ridiculously far from healthy.

Very true, can’t argue with that

At least he left it all behind and has nothing to do with bbing anymore

Guys like Don long and flex, after transplants still living the life and doing gear

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 11:58:28 PM »

Actually, he must have lost the function of both his kidneys. You only need one of them. The other one is simply a back up.

Compared to some, like Derek Anthony, he is very healthy. Simply because he is still alive. I guess the immunosuppressive meds aren't doing the trick since he needs another transplant. So compared to many of us he is not healthy at all. I wish him the best.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 12:04:25 AM »

Guys like Don long and flex, after transplants still living the life and doing gear

Flex is fucked,won't last long. And Dong has made it very long without further incident,except for the jail.

Actually, he must have lost the function of both his kidneys. You only need one of them. The other one is simply a back up.

Compared to some, like Derek Anthony, he is very healthy. Simply because he is still alive. I guess the immunosuppressive meds aren't doing the trick since he needs another transplant. So compared to many of us he is not healthy at all. I wish him the best.

I heard from a doc that these transplant recipients often die from a moderate infection because they are suppressing immune sys.

However,I think they have started developing more drugs for that purpose that are easier,and they are combining them with the immunosup now.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 12:13:49 AM »
Flex is fucked,won't last long. And Dong has made it very long without further incident,except for the jail.

I heard from a doc that these transplant recipients often die from a moderate infection because they are suppressing immune sys.

However,I think they have started developing more drugs for that purpose that are easier,and they are combining them with the immunosup now.

Something similar happened to Luke Wood, he had a transplant, complications and then died

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »

Unlike white guys, blacks can’t use their brain after their body fails them

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 01:49:29 AM »
Unlike white guys, blacks can’t use their brain after their body fails them

:o

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 01:57:38 AM »
Great interview Shawn, keep 'em coming... Congrats on your new position.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »
Thanks Shawn. Can't wait for the Chris Duffy and Denise Ruthkowski interviews!

Tom believes O'Hearn is natural...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 08:22:12 AM »
Good to see

Kudos

Healthy
Q

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
Wtf happened to his voice?? Used to boom out.

He sounds punch drunk or maybe had dental work done.  ???

Here is what he sounded like back in 2007.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Re: Where Are They Now - Tom Prince
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 08:42:58 AM »
Feel bad for the guy after viewing that.  Seems like he has a good attitude despite his situation.

That being said, he's still in denial about how he (and other bodybuilders/Nichols "clients") ended up dead or borderline walking dead.

- Prince now claims that he has some genetic abnormality that caused his kidneys to fail.  What happened to the Advil theory?  Why aren't other Prince family members carpooling to dialysis with him, as a genetic condition likely affects more than just one person.

- He still downplays the role of drugs - both in bodybuilding and the demise of his health.  "It was all about the training.  The drugs were secondary."  LOl…..ok.  When asked if the drugs caused (or even contributed) to his kidneys melting, his answer was "I don't think so", or maybe a bit, etc.

- He then contradicts himself when asked if he would want his sons to get into bodybuiding (and the lifestyle), he said an immediate NO.  At least he's not willing to support his kids using drugs  like Lee Labrada.

- Prince also tells Shawn Rat that he would have blood tests regularly WAY earlier that he did, as it was too late when the bad news was discovered.  He must be looking for that pesky genetic disorder. 

Sad story altogether...…..

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 08:58:07 AM »
If he doesn’t want to do anything with BB why doesn’t he disclose it all?

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »
Good interview. I remember him posting here years ago about his wife starting a small property management business. Glad to see that venture really took off. For most pros, bodybuilding is a complete waste of time.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 09:11:21 AM »
5’7 165185  ::)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 09:11:46 AM »
Wtf happened to his voice?? Used to boom out.

bass drum vs snare drum

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
5’7 165185  ::)

Agreed.  He looks like maybe a buck thirty-five.  I wish him health now and a life filled with joy from the rewards of hard work and a loving family.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
Development of Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis after Anabolic Steroid Abuse

In summary, we present the first series of FSGS in bodybuilders who abused AASs. These patients may present with either asymptomatic proteinuria or full nephrotic syndrome and heterogeneous histologic variants of FSGS. Although these patients responded well to discontinuation of AAS use, weight loss, and RAS blockade, others may progress to ESRD. Elevated lean body mass and long-term AAS abuse should be added to the list of causes of secondary FSGS.

https://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/21/1/163

Pictured bb progressed to ESRD

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »

What I know is that I am happy both my kidneys are functioning normally according to my doctor. Kidney failure is horrible.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »
What I know is that I am happy both my kidneys are functioning normally according to my doctor. Kidney failure is horrible.
You’re old,  you will die soon. Don’t be such a pussy about it.
T

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2019, 01:54:29 PM »
Development of Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis after Anabolic Steroid Abuse

In summary, we present the first series of FSGS in bodybuilders who abused AASs. These patients may present with either asymptomatic proteinuria or full nephrotic syndrome and heterogeneous histologic variants of FSGS. Although these patients responded well to discontinuation of AAS use, weight loss, and RAS blockade, others may progress to ESRD. Elevated lean body mass and long-term AAS abuse should be added to the list of causes of secondary FSGS.

https://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/21/1/163

Pictured bb progressed to ESRD

As someone who "abused"/high dose (4g+), the amounts guys like Craig Titus& Milo's used, must be lucky I never had "bad problems" from anabolics use. Usually it was something else that put me in the hospital. He'll, I've been to I was in "kidney faliure" at least 2x but it's always "fixed" itself.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »
Damn, and in his prime he was HUGE!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
As someone who "abused"/high dose (4g+), the amounts guys like Craig Titus& Milo's used, must be lucky I never had "bad problems" from anabolics use. Usually it was something else that put me in the hospital. He'll, I've been to I was in "kidney faliure" at least 2x but it's always "fixed" itself.

I imagine all yours was underdosed fakes.........hence the lack of results...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »
He sounds punch drunk or maybe had dental work done.  ???

Here is what he sounded like back in 2007.

Yea I know what I know what he used to sound. Used to see him everyday at gold's or world's. Dude was the widest person I've still ever seen. Compared to what he is now, he's like 1/3 his old size.

I wish he would've taken about how he got clean. The shut hrle put I his veins went straight to kidneys, not the "Advil".