Author Topic: DAMN!! Mariusz Pudzianowski got OLD and ATROPHIED!!!  (Read 18388 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: DAMN!! Mariusz Pudzianowski got OLD and ATROPHIED!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2017, 05:57:13 AM »
I hear this all the time. MMA doesn't translate into hand to hand street fighting. This is such an astonishing naive and stupid statement on so many levels that it defies simple common sense. Only one who has ZERO experience with an MMA fighter, not little experience, ZERO, would say such an patently ignorant statement. Again, on so many levels that go beyond the one making the moronic claim.

Just on conditioning alone the MMA fighter is just in another league. He's training daily. I'm sure "Big Dragon" doesn't have a discipline training program judging by his doughy physique. And the level in combat sports is the highest it's ever been -- EVER? When competition and big money is on the line people innovate. They do things now never imagine just ten years ago.

"Oh", you say, "The street fighter can gouge you in the eyes, pull your hair, kick you in the balls... Well, guess what? So can an MMA fighter and they did in the original UFC and still do in Vale Tudo in Brasil.

And do you honestly think an aspiring MMA fighter just walks into a gym having no experience in fighting at all? They go into MMA because most have been in countless street fights and love. Love the violence and brutality. These are not betas but naturally violent and aggressive people whom many would also be in prison if it wasn't for MMA.   Unlike the "Big Dragons" in the world they want to take their fighting to another level instead of bullying those that don't even know how to properly throw a punch or have the physicality, training and technique to kick and do take downs and locks and chokes.

Now Mario is a trained fighter and knows a few things and because of his size, strength,
athleticism he can overcome a more experience and certainly smaller and weaker opponent. But an untrained 275 lb strongman will easily get choked out by a 145 lb experience, competitive MMA fighter.

Look at Mario here, even trained and conditioned for his new career, was no match for a washed up, fat, out of shape Tim Sylvia who was never top of the top as he had a brief rule in a very shallow and weak division. Look how Mario at 8:23 gets so winded, that this driven world class athlete loses all will to fight, and he just collapsed out of exhaustion. All that muscle and strength now useless. Imagine a "Big Dragon" type who has very little or no experience training regularly as a fighter but just bullying the weaker with a gun close to his side trying to go against someone who does this shit every day. Every goddamn day?

I like you, Fortress, but you are so, so off on this one. You've never trained MMA and have no first hand experience with MMA fighters.

Everything a street fighter can do an MMA fighter can also do -- only better.

I've been formally trained (admittedly, not in multiple-multiple sport-specified disciplines, a.k.a. "MMA"), sparred with many who do various forms of grappling, wrestling and striking, and been in dozens of fights: in bars, on streets, in jails ...

Your points are valid. However, you've missed mine.

I'm no cage fighter/MMA guy.

But I DO know fighting.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2017, 06:00:06 AM »
Wrong, wrong, wrong! Most street fights rarely end in the brutal manner that a lot of MMA fights do. Just look at the athlete's faces after an event. Look how spent these highly conditioned athletes are in a fight to the finish. Most street fights end quickly with one getting knocked down and quitting and the other walks away because he's most likely winded. Now in a gang attack it's different. The cowards now comes out of the darkness and start boot stomping on the downed victim now that there is no risk in being hurt. Then things go very bad for the victim.

Also, guess what? And MMA fighter knows how to use weapons as well. Most likely better because it's what they are into. But for my purpose and argument I'm referring to one on one, no rules (street fight), hand to hand combat to counter the argument that MMA traning doesn't translate into no rules hand to hand combat.

I've personally witnessed two deaths that occurred in street fights. Watched men die.

Real fights don't have refs, rules and stoppages.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2017, 06:10:30 AM »
I`ve seen some wicked brawls in my time............been in a few also.

Worked in a strip joint for 13 years.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:12 AM »
None of you would stand a chance against Darren Avey.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2017, 07:07:44 AM »
one of the baddest dudes on the planet in recent decades? wrong to say that?

he has always had an older face as many guys have stated,  guy has lived a great life (assuming so) and now focused more on health than being big and huge

He killed a person drunk driving, that's not so great.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »
He killed a person drunk driving, that's not so great.

True and then he changed the story once famous to that he did his jail time for beating up a local gang boss, despite the fact you can still see him admit the real reason by watching the 2002 wsm where he talks about it when interviewed

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2017, 09:07:55 AM »
I`ve seen some wicked brawls in my time............been in a few also.

Worked in a strip joint for 13 years.

This could make for good material on a thread of its own. Care to share?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
He's been a millionaire since his early 20's and has been treated as a celebrity in Poland since 2000. While his face always looked old and wrinkled, his body had a youthful look and an insane amount of muscle on muscle. Now his face looks ancient and his body is that of a 70 year old man. It's shocking for me seeing how huge of a WSM competition fan I am. He last competed in 2009 and looked amazing. WTF happened since then? It looks like he turned into a grandfather and he is exact same age as me! My 39 year old friends do not look that old and decrepit.
If he was a millionaire he wouldnt be gassing out his life in the ring, playing the 2nd tier fighter game. He fights because he needs the money.

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
If he was a millionaire he wouldnt be gassing out his life in the ring, playing the 2nd tier fighter game. He fights because he needs the money.

What do you think of CM Punk going to the UFC? He didn't need the money, said it was for the challenge. Do you think this is the same case here?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
I've personally witnessed two deaths that occurred in street fights. Watched men die.

So? That still doesn't address the claim that MMA training doesn't translate well to street fighting. MMA know how to fight without rules, rests and stoppages.

"Two deaths."? "Watched men die."

I expected to you to exaggerate about your fighting experience but....

OK, fortress, if you say so.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
I imagine he fights these days more as a hobby, as a means to fuel his competitive desire, the same one that helped him win WSM 5 times. The guy inspired a ton of people to start working out and in his prime was about as perfect a blend of strength, build and athleticism as you can find

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
Yes, "not right" for "combat SPORTS". Training for a "ring sport".

Did you even read/comprehend my post? Unreal.

You're the one who couldn't grasp the difference between a bodybuilder physique and that of a professional fighter.

Next time I'll draw pictures for you to help you understand.

Maybe the mental stimulation will help you to distinguish between your c.unt and anus from your other cum-recepticle spewing shit in this thread.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2017, 01:41:22 PM »
Guys that say MMA guys can't fight in the street are just clueless imbeciles.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »

If I were in a real fight, I'd want to know all the mma I could. I mean come on, only to your advantage.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »

If I were in a real fight, I'd want to know all the mma I could. I mean come on, only to your advantage.

Of course. The more physical attributes and skills you possess, the greater your advantage. Never suggested different.

I'm perplexed by how everything I've said has been so twisted.

Training for combat sports with rules and weight divisions and paced rounds make athletes smaller and less strong. But the technique quotient becomes greater. In real-life combat, the attribute of technical skill comes in super handy.

However, the physical attributes of superior size and functional strength also advantage one in a real-life, no weapons, combat situation.

That most real fights happen on-the-fly and last for mere seconds, I think my points thus far are quite obvious.

Combat success is as much about being able to absorb punishment as it is about being able to dish it out. Street fights are a blitzkrieg, not a campaign of pacing, jab-jab and any notion of advisable take-down methodology.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »
Once you are on roids even if you train mma all day you will still be jacked.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
So? That still doesn't address the claim that MMA training doesn't translate well to street fighting. MMA know how to fight without rules, rests and stoppages.

"Two deaths."? "Watched men die."

I expected to you to exaggerate about your fighting experience but....

OK, fortress, if you say so.

I was a bouncer off-and-on for over 20 years, including a stint as the head/sole doorman at a strip club for two. I was raised in a tough neighbourhood in North Toronto and fought often. I trained Hung Fa Yi Wing Chung. And for the past five years I've worked as a law-enforcement peace officer, constantly receiving advanced instruction in control/immobilization tactics and offensive assault. All of which I use every week on the job.

I'm NOT a tough guy. I do not believe I'm some "killer" badass.

But I know fighting.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »
Guys that say MMA guys can't fight in the street are just clueless imbeciles.

old time i completely agree a well trained mma fighter would destroy 99.9 & of the population out there in a street fight.

a  college level wrestler would as well, them dumb ass street thugs would never be able to defend a take down alot of stupid people on this forum who know

absolutely nothing about fighting or the fighting skills of  a well trained fighter.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »
I was a bouncer off-and-on for over 20 years, including a stint as the head/sole doorman at a strip club for two. I was raised in a tough neighbourhood in North Toronto and fought often. I trained Hung Fa Yi Wing Chung. And for the past five years I've worked as a law-enforcement peace officer, constantly receiving advanced instruction in control/immobilization tactics and offensive assault. All of which I use every week on the job.

I'm NOT a tough guy. I do not believe I'm some "killer" badass.

But I know fighting.

Then I retract that post. I was not aware of your previous background and would have thought it would have been mentioned at some point over the years. Maybe I just missed it.

No hard feelings.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »
Then I retract that post. I was not aware of your previous background and would have thought it would have been mentioned at some point over the years. Maybe I just missed it.

No hard feelings.

Certainly not. We engaged in discussion. It's how our scope of understanding evolves and refines. You're an intelligent guy.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2017, 01:33:25 AM »
I was raised in a tough neighbourhood in North Toronto

You call that a dangerous place?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2017, 01:52:36 AM »

word on the streets is that it's bout the same as watts  :D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

Said it was tough. Reading skills, a brain and all that.