Author Topic: who had the most potential  (Read 2221 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Re: who had the most potential
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 06:38:32 AM »
Matt looked amazing.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 07:31:19 AM »
God like is correct, does not even need to flex. Compare that to the guys who have to contort themselves to hold their gut in:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 07:38:36 AM »
It's not really that the judging standards have changed. It's that the physiques have changed, which then changed the judging. The judges didn't make Dorian look like he did in 93. Dorian simply came in as he did and he was judged superior and most agreed, judges, fans and competitors - everyone pretty much agreed, even if there might have been the odd complaint here and there.

It's not that in the 70s and earlier the judges watnted different looking bodies, some with big legs, small upper, and vice versa and that judges now prefer that everyone looks the same. No, it's that there were more imbalanced physiques back then. Freaky mass wasn't prioritized because no one had freaky mass! :D

So in my opinion we can't put this evolution solely on the judges, the IFBB oe whatever.

I'm confident that even many getbiggers would judge a modern pro show not that differently than it's judged today. Sure, some crazy getbiggers would have put Dorian in last place in 93 but most would have given him the win. Same with Ronnie, even if we think he really looks like shit, all things considered. We have the Ronnie vs Dorian wars, we don't have the Dorian vs Zane wars because Dorian was simply more advanced.
I agree with everything you said and I understand the meaning behind your post.

Just as you cannot compare the bodybuilders from the 1950`s to the guys from the 1970`s.....BUT..... we both know it is all due to drug use and increased dosages and compounds of this drug use over time.

I also think Haney, Yates and Ronnie were awesome but there`s no way in Hell that I would want to look like Yates or Ronnie if I had the choice, if I could look like Paris, Demey, Labrada or Rory just for a few examples....... IF I had that choice.

I also think why everyone looks the same is all due to drugs as well, and I am a proponent of drug use....SANE drug use.

ALSO....there are still some very imbalanced bodies on todays pro stages......maybe not as evident, but still proportions are often fucked up big time, and there would be far more imbalanced bodies if it were not for the increase in drug dosages as they are so big it is less noticeable.

I would bet a dollar to a donut that Serge Nubret trained his legs very hard, though they always lagged badly behind his upper body.

There would be far many similar cases similar to Nubret`s without a zillion injections per week, GH, insulin, and whatever else these guys use that fucks up their kidneys.

There was a guy on GH15`s board who did 105 injections per week plus orals........when I finally saw his pics I laughed, then I felt sorry for him...........not even a national level build though he did have some muscle.......... albeit torn ones with terrible proportions.

Guy was an idiot...105 injections per week just to look like a bag of smashed assholes.

Genetics were, and are key in all of the decades of past bodybuilding including this one, but the increased drugs makes it easier to bring up weaker bodyparts.......they`ll still lag behind, but are still big, if that makes any sense at all.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 08:36:14 AM »
God like is correct, does not even need to flex. Compare that to the guys who have to contort themselves to hold their gut in:

amazing, 10 seconds of showing his back, which to be honest was flat and smooth

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 09:54:35 PM »
I agree with everything you said and I understand the meaning behind your post.

Just as you cannot compare the bodybuilders from the 1950`s to the guys from the 1970`s.....BUT..... we both know it is all due to drug use and increased dosages and compounds of this drug use over time.

I also think Haney, Yates and Ronnie were awesome but there`s no way in Hell that I would want to look like Yates or Ronnie if I had the choice, if I could look like Paris, Demey, Labrada or Rory just for a few examples....... IF I had that choice.

I also think why everyone looks the same is all due to drugs as well, and I am a proponent of drug use....SANE drug use.

ALSO....there are still some very imbalanced bodies on todays pro stages......maybe not as evident, but still proportions are often fucked up big time, and there would be far more imbalanced bodies if it were not for the increase in drug dosages as they are so big it is less noticeable.

I would bet a dollar to a donut that Serge Nubret trained his legs very hard, though they always lagged badly behind his upper body.

There would be far many similar cases similar to Nubret`s without a zillion injections per week, GH, insulin, and whatever else these guys use that fucks up their kidneys.

There was a guy on GH15`s board who did 105 injections per week plus orals........when I finally saw his pics I laughed, then I felt sorry for him...........not even a national level build though he did have some muscle.......... albeit torn ones with terrible proportions.

Guy was an idiot...105 injections per week just to look like a bag of smashed assholes.

Genetics were, and are key in all of the decades of past bodybuilding including this one, but the increased drugs makes it easier to bring up weaker bodyparts.......they`ll still lag behind, but are still big, if that makes any sense at all.

I agree with what you say as well. Good post.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 01:24:17 AM »
pic from the 1985 worlds.

Seems like an odd question as all three threw their hat in the bbing ring full bore and we saw how it played out. You can say, "but if Matt did this or if Berry did that". Whatever the reason you may think how much better they could have been the fact is that we saw them at the upper limits of their genetic potential. The elite of the elite. Yet neither were close to prime Dorian.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 01:30:52 AM »
pic from the 1985 worlds.
that's only half the story. Show their back side.