Author Topic: db preacher curls  (Read 8125 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: db preacher curls
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
Not sure why they're called preacher curls unless you are getting butt fucked or sucking a cock at the same time

they supposedly resemble someone praying on a pew in the top position, but not sure if you're being serious.  :D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »
those look like Vince's wooden dumbells

you got it,  somebody has been visiting the history section of getbig.. :D :D :D
F

jollygiant

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »
I've tried the Db preacher many times and felt nothing.The ez bar preacher narrow grip I feel like crazy as long as reps are 15 or better with a good squeeze at top.But still cause me tendinitis in elbow so I only do them once a month maybe.
Try spider curls. still i like incline curls myself. you can not cheat with these, great stretch. just my 2 cents.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
Try spider curls. still i like incline curls myself. you can not cheat with these, great stretch. just my 2 cents.

I love these with Db. Unfortunately I can't do them with a bar anymore.

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »
any curls will do, the bicep forms one function, do that under tension and it will respond

20 different types of curl and you still end up with the bicep god gave you.

jollygiant

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »
any curls will do, the bicep forms one function, do that under tension and it will respond

yes but with Bells you can twist your wrist as i do on incline curls and straight on spider curls. If you are a genetic freak you might get quality Biceps with say just Barbell curls but the function of the biceps is also to twist the hand. you also get other results with hammer curls. so is a curl a curl? depends on the individual.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »

At last!  I know who be to blame for my pathetic caucasional jeans.  'n' sheeit.  ;D

I will give the spider curl a try. I don't have a bench for that one but will just use a light enough weight and bend at a 90 degree angle to approximate the movement without the  bench.  'n' sheeit.  ;D

jollygiant

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
At last!  I know who be to blame for my pathetic Caucasian jeans.  'n' sheet.  ;D

I will give the spider curl a try. I don't have a bench for that one but will just use a light enough weight and bend at a 90 degree angle to approximate the movement without the  bench.  'n' sheet.  ;D
use the flat side of a preacher bench or use an incline bench sitting, chest on the back rest, arms hanging and curl. works too. we have an old school preacher bench and i use the opposite side, the flat side.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 08:52:23 AM »
just checked the world record strict curl and it is 60 kg or a buck 32

damn!!! i'm closer to the curl world record than the bench world record so maybe i should shift my focus  8)

p.s. i'd make the buck 32 weight class no sweat

https://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Mens-Strict-Curl-World-Records.pdf

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 09:05:15 AM »

damn!!! i'm closer to the curl world record than the bench world record so maybe i should shift my focus  8)

https://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Mens-Strict-Curl-World-Records.pdf

Im sure you would, not many grown men in this world can make that sort of weight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »
Im sure you would, not many grown men in this world can make that sort of weight.

he sure as hell could have, but you wouldn't dare talk shit to his face  ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 09:16:33 AM »

what are you claiming write it here openly in a mail
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »

20 different types of curl and you still end up with the bicep god evolution gave you.

fixed
X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
did them this afternoon and did 16 kg for 3

then came back at night and did 22 kg for 5

strength went way up in a matter of hours wtf  ???

im strongest at night, just like Nighthawk of Marvel fame  8)
nah, you're more fucked in the head like the guy from split. ;D
A

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »