Author Topic: 240 just got home from the PBW Tampa Pro Show  (Read 10060 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: 240 just got home from the PBW Tampa Pro Show
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
nice review bro 8)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 08:32:56 AM »
great review!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »
hahaha. Finaly 240 met his rival(chic) in person!! ;D

Yep.  I felt like a fat girl at an SI swimsuit shoot.  Bob, Ron, and Dan all dwarfed me, as the pics will show  ;D

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »
hahaha. Finaly 240 met his rival(chic) in person!! ;D

Did he finally beat u senseless?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
Yep.  I felt like a fat girl at an SI swimsuit shoot.  Bob, Ron, and Dan all dwarfed me, as the pics will show  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »
Did he finally beat u senseless?

Yes.  Luckily Tampa General hospital has WiFi...

Shawn ray is the fastest typist I've seen in my life.  He was sitting in the front row posting on MD the entire night.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »

Palumbo and Sugar Shawn Ray arrived at the night show and discovered someone else in their seats.  Palumbo was very upset, there were things. 

;D

R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 08:46:15 AM »
(im killing myself here!)
 ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »
Ron managed to catch up to 240 and interview him!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 08:57:30 AM »
Rob a few words please?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »
Rob don't be shy!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Shows and the boards are really 2 different things.  And even then, the boards aren't the battlegrounds they used to be.  not a lot of pros here anymore, even though it's much tamer than is used to be.  Maybe the Wild West nature of the 2004/2005 versions are what attracted the pros here.  Maybe companies have told guys to be careful here.  Maybe MD is pulling a lot of GB pros away.  I dunno.  

Whatever the case, it was all class, from top the bottom.  The venue, the flow of the show, the way the athletes behaved up there, the audience for the most part, and the hosts.  

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »
Good report.  :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
rob if you go on stage on your first show will you go back stage on your second, maybe helping with the oiling up?
Z

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
LOL @ Mike!   ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
LOL @ Mike!   ;D

Somebody gets my humor!!!

(rob love ya like a brother!)

;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »
Very nice evening in Tampa.  A few thoughts after my 2 hour drive home from the show...

The auditorium was insanely nice.  ushers everywhere to help. 
The seats were very plush and comfy.  I was seated in 3rd row, center, right behind photo pit. 

The judges included the very famous Lee Thompson.  Their little judging lamps were a tad bright for the crowd.

Darrem Charles' son Renald (?) sat next to me.  Very nice kid.  He yelled out things to Darrem when he was in the final posedown.  Then he said some choice words when DC got 4th, and left.  his very attractive date liked to talk on her cell phone loudly during posing routines, which got her a few negative stares.

James Flex Lewis was the crowd favorite of the evening.  He beat David henry on legs... he beat every man in the show on legs.  He's gonna be a beast in the pros.  Very tiny joints, and the crowd loved him. 

Milos was in the crowd looking lean and healthy.

Palumbo and Sugar Shawn Ray arrived at the night show and discovered someone else in their seats.  Palumbo was very upset, there were things.  The people moved and gave them their seat back.  Dave stayed for the female BBers, then left for maybe 2 hours while Shawn typed on their laptop to MD forum like a madman.  Shawn looked healthy. 

Dan Solomon took me up onstage afterward and I met Bob and Ron. 

Dan is bigger than he looks in pics, probably because he always stands next to pro Bbers.  I'd put him at 210 pounds, very solid.

Bob is nothing like the ego-driven show you hear on the radio.  In person, very calm and cool.  You hear him on the radio, and it's this loud, brash opinionated guy with these little witticisms.  In person, very cool, chatting about all sorts of things.

Ron Avidan is the man.  Period.  I said to him "I hear you have a small website?", and he started to tell me about it before Dan introduced me.  We then took the obligatory punching pics.

Toney Freeman was up there cleaning up.  Very big human being.  However there was a man who handed freeman the winner's check, who was probably 3 inches taller and 50 pounds bigger.  Who is he?  Biggest person I've ever seen.

Crowd loved Flex lewis.
Crowd liked Darrem Charles and David Henry for the top 2.  Judges had them in 4th and 3rd, and people were kinda pissed.  Dennis James didn't look good at all.  Toney didn't look special. 

David Henry... words don't describe him, and pics don't do him justice.  he's put together like no one else on the planet.  He should have won it. 

Dexter came out and spoke.  He said Cutler was at his best 3-4 years ago, and he hasn't been that good since, and he knows Cutler won't look any better come Olympia.

marcus haley came out and gave an emotional speech about his trainer and the show promoter, Tim Gardner.  TG was loved and revered by everyone there.

Expo was good.  The usual stuff. 
Lights, sounds, and flow of the show was great.

I'd recommend it to anyone.  I'll see you there in Tampa next year!

I didn't know you live in florida

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »

I didn't know you live in florida

It's a wonder you even know his name then!   ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »
Huge backstage area.  Everything about the place was high quality.  I don't know what the ticket sales were, or what theater capacity was, but the place was fairly jammed at conclusion of womens when the 202 came on.  Balcony seating on both sides. 

One odd part was how quiet it was 5 minutes after finals ended.  Maybe a few dozen people chatting, and the athletes alone getting their stuff together quietly.  Show promoter handed the men their winners checks on the spot.  I thought something like that might be mailed, but they were handed to the guys, protan and all.   Not a whole lot of fanfare.  Everyone was pretty sleep at that point, maybe 11:30 pm

That's very normal at a bodybuilding show because everyone wants to get out of there to go to the after-party where the real fun happens.  The competitors usually show up at the A.P about an hour later because they want to chow down after competing   

I hope you didn't miss the A.P. Rob.   BTW, glad you met Charles's son Ronaldo, he's an alright kid and in a few years he'll be competing against his dad.
A

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
IM a little bit bias of course......but good review Rob

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »
Found this pic of Rob (240) over at MD!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »

That's very normal at a bodybuilding show because everyone wants to get out of there to go to the after-party where the real fun happens.  The competitors usually show up at the A.P about an hour later because they want to chow down after competing   

I hope you didn't miss the A.P. Rob.   BTW, glad you met Charles's son Ronaldo, he's an alright kid and in a few years he'll be competing against his dad.

The party was at Floyds, the expensive-ass restaurant/club in the Hard Rock Seminole.  Very high end place.  My band had played there twice before a few years back.  At that point it was 11:30 PM, and I had an ice cold Diet Dr Pepper and protein bar in the cooler in the car, and a 2 hour drive ahead of me.  I was yawning already and decided to drive past it and head home.

Yeah, his kid was cool.  Very laid back.  Darrem walks up and looks at me as he says "Whatchoo got in the bag?"... I thought for a minute I was about to be strongarmed by a pro athlete.  But no, he was talking to his kid about the freebie bag from BBing.com  No doubt the kid will be a pro in a few years.  He knew the posing stuff to a tee.  Some flaws in Darrem's posedown, the kid yelled instructions.  Others - at least I think - they had some code system of "hisses" and "woots" to alert Darrem of some reminder/adjustment to pose.  Pretty interesting to see that.  He'd  hiss and Darrem would tighten thighs, something like that.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:41 AM »
IM a little bit bias of course......but good review Rob

lol.

THAT is a sick back.

holy shit.
b