Author Topic: We have created alien life!  (Read 19562 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: We have created alien life!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:41 AM »
I thought Ronnie Coleman was already proof of that... and here at Getbig it's Adam & schmoeSteve
Now with this Dna manipulation I think these scientist( whiteman/asianman) will eliminate Baldness & micropenis altogether!!

QED.  People: always with the agenda.  This unfortunate fellow seems preoccupied with alopecia and micropenisitis for whatever reason.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
Sure, people react to things in all sorts of kooky ways.  Doesn't mean there are religious implications inherent in the findings.  It's just people bending themselves out of shape.  Like those who think The Theory of Relativity means moral relativity and I'm like

Science isn't responsible for how athiests/christians/whoever react and how emotional they become.  It just wants the facts.
I know what you meant but your original statement was confusing----I totally agree with you on the issue, im a science man myself

imagine where we would be technologically if it wasn't for all the delusional religious psychos out there

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »
Simple and inoffensive way of looking at religion:

Religious people have an established guidebook that answers all of life's questions and mysteries with the definitive imprimatur of a deity as the fount of said book's knowledge. You don't need to focus on nuances in ethical behavior or scientific developments because they're already accounted for through the presence of your deity of choice.

Non-religious people have to establish their own guidebook as they go, editing out parts and rewriting others while making new entries based on personal experience and no rigidly-defined framework handed down from past generations of believers. You reinvent the wheel on a per-annum basis. The only regulations you have to abide by are those created by national legislators. The rest is up to you.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 09:31:33 AM »
i have a feeling we are a mixture of something from Earth and something from another planet, i don't know, we're just so different

Like the movie "Mission to Mars". Very cool premise.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »
Like the movie "Mission to Mars". Very cool premise.
little off topic but just caught the end of "Sunshine" on TV   -----great sci-fi flick

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »

Religious people have an established guidebook that answers all of life's questions and mysteries with the definitive imprimatur of a deity as the fount of said book's knowledge. You don't need to focus on nuances in ethical behavior or scientific developments because they're already accounted for through the presence of your deity of choice.

Non-religious people have to establish their own guidebook as they go, editing out parts and rewriting others while making new entries based on personal experience and no rigidly-defined framework handed down from past generations of believers. You reinvent the wheel on a per-annum basis. The only regulations you have to abide by are those created by national legislators. The rest is up to you.

I wrote a response to this, thought "meh" and deleted it.  I'm happier with this reply.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
I wrote a response to this, thought "meh" and deleted it.  I'm happier with this reply.
yeah when you believe in an imaginary guy in the sky and a person who was revived from death you don't have much of anything to stand on

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
So they created something from literally nothing?  Or did they alter something and spliced it together with something else to create something else altogether and that something else was "alive"?   Or what?

If they took absolutely nothing and made a tangible something that lived and breathed and was sentient, well...Cool!  If not, get back to me when they can do so and prove it.  If we are going to play at being God, then we had best do as we demand from God.

Prove it.   ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 11:07:06 AM »
yeah when you believe in an imaginary guy in the sky and a person who was revived from death you don't have much of anything to stand on

If I had a nickel.....

I actually thought this thread was gonna be out Big Ramy when I opened it LOL....my mistake.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »
I know what you meant but your original statement was confusing----I totally agree with you on the issue, im a science man myself

imagine where we would be technologically if it wasn't for all the delusional religious psychos out there

I'm not a believer but that's a completely different can of worms to pop open.  Again, I don't see any pro-religious or anti-religious conclusions to be drawn from scientific discovery or application.  

And in the interest of offending both sides, I find it hilariously low-brow when someone latches onto one of these things and yells from the rooftops about how he was right all along.  More often than not, opposing sides drape their bias across the exact same science and then volley it back and forth.  But lo, after awhile the popcorn turns to dust in my mouth.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »
So they created something from literally nothing?  Or did they alter something and spliced it together with something else to create something else altogether and that something else was "alive"?   Or what?

If they took absolutely nothing and made a tangible something that lived and breathed and was sentient, well...Cool!  If not, get back to me when they can do so and prove it.  If we are going to play at being God, then we had best do as we demand from God.

Prove it.   ;D

How the fuck can they "take" a possesive word for a thing, "nothing" and create something? there has never been nothing, ever, for nothing would exist now.

We just proved it. the study is the proof. What you want is absurd and impossible.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
I'm not a believer but that's a completely different can of worms to pop open.  Again, I don't see any pro-religious or anti-religious conclusions to be drawn from scientific discovery or application.  

And in the interest of offending both sides, I find it hilariously low-brow when someone latches onto one of these things and yells from the rooftops about how he was right all along.  More often than not, opposing sides drape their bias across the exact same science and then volley it back and forth.  But lo, after awhile the popcorn turns to dust in my mouth.

The interesting part is if these base pairs which are not naturally occuring can produce meaningful codons which can participate in transcription, what would be the outcome? guess we will find out.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 12:20:44 PM »
If I had a nickel.....

I actually thought this thread was gonna be out Big Ramy when I opened it LOL....my mistake.
The thing is, if you're secure in your faith and your beliefs are only subject to change based on communication with the lord, then you shouldn't be provoked by people who don't follow your way of seeing things. A true believer is invincible to mere mortal questioning. Read your Bible. The subjects in it, for example Saul or Job, were tested by god many times and they resisted because their faith was unbreakable.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
 ;D saw this at wahlmart last week. seemed somewhat strange even for wahlmart.
F

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »

Well said.  And we all know which group is easier to control, motivate, and tax their labor for our benefit.  :D

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
Well said.  And we all know which group is easier to control, motivate, and tax their labor for our benefit.  :D
Then again, even atheists witness miracles from time to time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 12:28:24 PM »
ugh, I was hoping they'd wait another 100 years for reaching this level of technology.

Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have engineered a bacterium whose genetic material includes an added pair of DNA “letters,” or bases, not found in nature. The cells of this unique bacterium can replicate the unnatural DNA bases more or less normally, for as long as the molecular building blocks are supplied.

That's just great.  I've always imagined there would never be any virus that could wipe out 100% of life on earth... until we learned to create un-natural DNA.  Horrifying to think they could create a non-earth organism that can replicate.  Maybe it'll be like the BLOB, and just keep replicating, feeding on everything.  

I don't get into the religious argument... we're all idiots, none of us knows ANYTHING, let's be honest.  But creating DNA that can reproduce itself?  scary.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »
How the fuck can they "take" a possesive word for a thing, "nothing" and create something? there has never been nothing, ever, for nothing would exist now.

We just proved it. the study is the proof. What you want is absurd and impossible.

Don't like the premise?  Too bad.  Make something that lives from nothing.  I mean absolutely nothing.  It is, for the greater part, what most people that have a faith in God believe happened.  So then, go ahead and create a living being and to make it easy it should be a single cell organism.   But first make a livable planet and atmosphere.   Now allow that single cell being to be, shall we say...fruitful and multiply.  Let it adapt to its environment and give it time to evolve into what you see in the mirror.  Better still, it has to adapt in many different ways so that from that first organism all life evolved into what we see now.

Take a billion years.  I'll wait.   ;D

Or take a cake mix, some eggs and a bit of milk.  Now throw it all against a wall.  "BIG BANG!"  Come see me in a week and let me know if you've got a cake yet.  Oh...You don't?  You say you need someone who can successfully combing all those simple ingredients and then bake it just so, so that it becomes a cake?  Someone "intelligent" enough to do so?  

As asinine as some people are (and at times that would include myself  ;D), I do find it very difficult to believe we are in fact, the "icing" on that cake known as the Earth.   And by the way, for the sake of this discussion I allowed you to not have to create your ingredients yourself.

As for you assumption that there has never been "nothing, ever" that is all it is.  An assumption.  A guess.  Neither you nor I can bear witness to the creation of all things.  To the beginning of life and much less to the beginning of time.  Don't flatter yourself.  A guess is a guess, even if it happens to be an educated one.

Be well.  But also be polite.   ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
The thing is, if you're secure in your faith and your beliefs are only subject to change based on communication with the lord, then you shouldn't be provoked by people who don't follow your way of seeing things. A true believer is invincible to mere mortal questioning. Read your Bible. The subjects in it, for example Saul or Job, were tested by god many times and they resisted because their faith was unbreakable.
Thx for the suggestions. I just finished a study of Job fyi.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
Then again, even atheists witness miracles from time to time.

These people who intentionally get try to get fatter and fatter are absolutely disgusting. No respect for their bodies or life.

Sad when some others are given a raw deal in life with an deadly illness they have no control over.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »
Thx for the suggestions. I just finished a study of Job fyi.
Sure, chief. I respect you on here and off. That your beliefs clash sharply with mine has no impact on that at all. At least you're humble.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
Sure, boss. I respect you on here and off. That your beliefs clash sharply with mine has no impact on that at all. At least you're humble when speaking upon it.

I totally agree about MOS. Hes a good soul.
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2014, 03:08:24 AM »
These people who intentionally get try to get fatter and fatter are absolutely disgusting. No respect for their bodies or life.

Sad when some others are given a raw deal in life with an deadly illness they have no control over.
what i want to know is how does she go to the toilet? i mean all that Food ... does she just lie there and shit in a bed pan ? someone cleans her ass ? :-X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2014, 03:20:30 AM »
proof that life had to be created in a lab somewhere. that means us
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2014, 03:31:31 AM »

Yes make he more fundamental and unreachable. Shut off reason, don't listen to those around you, instead trust those way way before you.