Author Topic: Suicide attack kills 48 at Pakistani mosque  (Read 2992 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Suicide attack kills 48 at Pakistani mosque
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:26:42 AM »
Suicide attack kills 48 at Pakistani mosque
By RIAZ KHAN, Associated Press Writer Riaz Khan

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – A suicide bomber demolished a mosque packed with hundreds of worshippers attending Friday prayers close to the Afghan border, killing at least 48 people and injuring scores more, officials said.

The attack in the Khyber region was the bloodiest in Pakistan this year and came hours before President Barack Obama was due to unveil a revised strategy expected to emphasize the need to eradicate militant havens along the Pakistan-Afghan frontier.

A government official accused Islamist militants of carrying out the bombing in revenge for a recent offensive aimed in part at protecting the major supply route for NATO and U.S. troops in Afghanistan that passes in front of the mosque.

"Residents of this area had cooperated and helped us a lot. These infidels had warned that they will take revenge," said Tariq Hayat, the top administrator of the Khyber tribal region. "They are the enemy of Pakistan. They are the enemy of Islam."

Rising violence in Pakistan is fueling doubts about the pro-Western government's ability to counter Taliban and al-Qaida militants also blamed for attacks on Western troops in Afghanistan.

The bomber hit the mosque, a popular stop for travelers motoring between Pakistan and Afghanistan, when about 250 people were attending Friday prayers, said Hayat.

Television footage showed scores of residents and police officers digging frantically with their hands through the ruins of the white-walled mosque, whose roof collapsed in the explosion.

Rescuers hauled bodies covered in dust and blood on blankets and scarves toward ambulances and private cars waiting to take them to hospital. Crowds of anguished women waited in the background, hoping for news of loved-ones.

Hayat said rescuers had pulled 48 bodies from the rubble and predicted the toll would likely rise further. Another 80 people were injured, he said.

The mosque in a rocky valley near the town of Jamrud lies on the main road along which trucks carry vital supplies to the expanding U.S.-led force in Afghanistan.

Suspected Taliban militants have carried out a string of attacks on both trucks and transport depots along the route in recent months, destroying scores of military vehicles, including Humvees, raising doubts about the reliability of the supply line.

The area has also been beset by feuds between rival tribal and militant groups, some of them loosely allied with the government, which have included suicide bombings and attacks on mosques.
!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Suicide attack kills 48 at Pakistani mosque
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:28:59 AM »
These people do a fine job of killing each other without us pouring every bit of money we have into the region.
S

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:57:55 AM »
These people do a fine job of killing each other without us pouring every bit of money we have into the region.
That's an exaggeration.  ::)

Not to mention you won't be saying this should the next 9/11 be hatched from there.
!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:24:19 AM »
It will take a long time for that region to change.  They have deeply rooted, backwards, strict religiously based ways, laws and customs.
Thats why diplomacy is probably the best way to approach it using military only if an attack is imminent.  We can send soldiers there and spend billions but only a cultural change will reduce the violence.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:34:01 AM »
This is what happens when you give the Taliban free reign over that area like Pakistan just did. So much for that truce they agreed to three weeks ago. Pakistani pussies just sitting around while those guys run all over them.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 06:38:03 AM »
That's an exaggeration.  ::)

Not to mention you won't be saying this should the next 9/11 be hatched from there.
the first 9/11 was hatched here, I'm sure the next one will be too :D

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 06:56:48 AM »
This is what happens when you give the Taliban free reign over that area like Pakistan just did. So much for that truce they agreed to three weeks ago. Pakistani pussies just sitting around while those guys run all over them.  ::)

Pakistan is urging for a islamic revival, research the complex ties between the PK secret services and politicians. One of the most disgusting countries in existence.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 06:57:52 AM »
the first 9/11 was hatched here, I'm sure the next one will be too :D

yep  :-X
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »
Great now I'm agreeing with Benny. Anyway Barry O is going to roll out his Afghan plan, which Biden does not like. We can't have a nuclear power fall into the hands of the scum of the universe. It wouldn't really matter as India would nuke them shortly before that happened.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:02 AM »
Pakistan is urging for a islamic revival, research the complex ties between the PK secret services and politicians. One of the most disgusting countries in existence.

It's pathetic. They're just asking for that country to collapse. Since they agreed to that truce, violence has increased. Surprise, surprise. Never would have called that!  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:08:23 AM »
Perfect example of how talking to these type of people does not work. They're the same religion, same friggen country and they can't find common ground. There are guys in India that sit around waiting for the nutbags to threaten the Pakistani nuke forces, so they can launch themselves.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »
Perfect example of how talking to these type of people does not work. They're the same religion, same friggen country and they can't find common ground. There are guys in India that sit around waiting for the nutbags to threaten the Pakistani nuke forces, so they can launch themselves.

What's your opinion on the people of India?   ???  I really don't know too much about them.
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »
Well...they really fucked up Mumbai. I don't understand a country that fully realizes the threat that Pakistan represents, allows that to happen. We do some training with them and I guess our SOF guys are doing alot now since the massacre. They have a big, faily modern military...
L

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
Does anyone else find it hysterical that Muslims kill other innocent Muslims because they hate America? 48 people minding their own business get blown to bits for what reason? Not a single American was killed, not a single soldier was killed. In a way, attacks like 911 make more sense because the terrorists objective is to kill Americans. For all you liberal apologists who claim WE create terrorism, explain to me what America has to do with these 48 murders? Pakistani citizens, probably dirt poor, all Muslim, going to prayer services- all massacred.

Seems to me like our foreign policy is perfect. While I feel bad for these people,there now less Muslims in a radical Islamic country. Less of a chance they will grow up or collborate with terrorist groups and murder  more innocent people. Blaming terrorism on our foreign policy is like blaming black on black crime on our racist criminal justice system. At the end of the day, its an empty and illogical argument.   

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
Does anyone else find it hysterical that Muslims kill other innocent Muslims because they hate America? 48 people minding their own business get blown to bits for what reason? Not a single American was killed, not a single soldier was killed. In a way, attacks like 911 make more sense because the terrorists objective is to kill Americans. For all you liberal apologists who claim WE create terrorism, explain to me what America has to do with these 48 murders? Pakistani citizens, probably dirt poor, all Muslim, going to prayer services- all massacred.

Seems to me like our foreign policy is perfect. While I feel bad for these people,there now less Muslims in a radical Islamic country. Less of a chance they will grow up or collborate with terrorist groups and murder  more innocent people. Blaming terrorism on our foreign policy is like blaming black on black crime on our racist criminal justice system. At the end of the day, its an empty and illogical argument.   

Read "The Looming Tower", my friend. 

Just because Muslims are killing each other does not mean they are not a continued threat to you or I. Three hundred million Muslims makes plenty of them to go around. As many as their are citizens in the U.S., though certainly the entire Arab Muslim world does not consist of radical nut jobs. 

What this continues to show is that these Al Qaeda militants are complete sociopaths that place no value on human life other than using bodies as sacrifices to serve their purposes. al-Zawahiri has created a justification for who is and who isn't a legitimate Muslim in his mind and the mind of his followers. They also have totally bypassed the Koran's teaching of not killing other Muslims or the absolute sin it is to commit suicide. They pretty much feel like the ends justify the means for everything. The radical fundamentalist Muslims are still a force and those motherfuckers don't care one iota about killing you, your family, or anyone else the represents the West. If they can pull off another attack in the U.S., Europe, or Western interests anywhere in the world, they will do it.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »
Since the time of Alexander no military force has ever successfully conquered what is now known as 'Pakistan/Afghanistan' (an imaginary border created by the British in the 19th century called the Durand Line has never been recognised by indigineous peoples); the British failed, the Soviets failed and we will fail; this makes all military efforts in the region a sunk cost. It's time to come home.
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
Since the time of Alexander no military force has ever successfully conquered what is now know as 'Pakistan/Afghanistan' (an imaginary border created by the British in the 18 century called the Duran Line has never been recognised by indigineous peoples); the British failed, the Soviets failed and we will fail; this makes all military efforts in the region a sunk cost. It's time to come home.

I did not know that.

Nice post.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
I did not know that.

Nice post.

Don't know why I wrote 18, I meant 19th, some time during the 1890's I believe. Durand Line.
I hate the State.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
Benny for once I agree with you. My point is that logic and reason cannot be used to defeat these animals. They kill their own people for no reason and no matter what concessions are made to appease them, they will continue to do so. Diplomacy is not the answer. Brute force is.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »
Benny for once I agree with you. My point is that logic and reason cannot be used to defeat these animals. They kill their own people for no reason and no matter what concessions are made to appease them, they will continue to do so. Diplomacy is not the answer. Brute force is.

I have yet to hear a single convincing argument for why we are even there in the first place.
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »
I have yet to hear a single convincing argument for why we are even there in the first place.

idiot
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »

Ur kidding right...oh yeah u were in Korea during 911 right?
L

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
I hate it when Decide is right, LOL!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »
Ur kidding right...oh yeah u were in Korea during 911 right?

No, during 9/11 I was im France. Since we never got the bad guy we have been hanging around there accomplishing very little. I thought we were there to get Osama? (and work on an oil pipeline)...
I hate the State.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 07:45:21 AM »
No, during 9/11 I was im France. Since we never got the bad guy we have been hanging around there accomplishing very little. I thought we were there to get Osama? (and work on an oil pipeline)...

People forget we were in negotiations with the Taliban up until the last minute for oil.