Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 6935 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2024, 12:00:54 PM »
thats 2k cals

What about your protein and fats?

i only "need" bout 100 pro grams

the fat is the fat in 2% milk and salmon

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2024, 12:02:53 PM »
i only "need" bout 100 pro grams

the fat is the fat in 2% milk and salmon
400 cals protien and then you seem to be drinking semi skimmed milk as well

so hardly any fat and 2400 cals weighing 150lbs

You may gain fat on that.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2024, 12:12:04 PM »
400 cals protien and then you seem to be drinking semi skimmed milk as well

so hardly any fat and 2400 cals weighing 150lbs

You may gain fat on that.

i was a dipshit as i was drinkining fully carb loaded energy drinks 1+ liter a day

woke up and realized BUY FUCKING ZERO ENERGY DRINKS

so i just did

now my cals will be under 1000

breakkie=1 liter 2% milk

din-din=250 grams ckick breast and half carrot and small potatoe

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2024, 12:21:48 PM »
i was a dipshit as i was drinkining fully carb loaded energy drinks 1+ liter a day

woke up and realized BUY FUCKING ZERO ENERGY DRINKS

so i just did

now my cals will be under 1000

breakkie=1 liter 2% milk

din-din=250 grams ckick breast and half carrot and small potatoe
I thought you could eat a fuck load of carbs and be fine?

You are now on ignore , save me reading your fucking cack

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2024, 01:00:49 PM »
I thought you could eat a fuck load of carbs and be fine?

You are now on ignore , save me reading your fucking cack

Would ignore due to the meal terminology alone.
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2024, 01:09:33 PM »
Would ignore due to the meal terminology alone.

:) :) :)

march 31st

4-5% 28 inch waist 16 inch arm gain of 7-10 pounds of pure lean dry muscle ;)

fuck i'm looking good already

cant wait to throw in the primo

FUCK YEAH!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2024, 01:46:44 PM »
A very low calorie diet or ketosis will produce weight loss almost immediately. How could the health benefits  precede the weight loss by months?

These arguments are completely divorced from reality. The standard American fat fuck Diet is not high carb, low fat. It’s high everything. So, if a fat fuck went on a low carb diet, he wouldn’t replace the carbs with fats he would lower both.

That's not true for many people.  Many people, like the people in that one study, are very sick.  They have diabetes and other medical conditions, some of them undiagnosed when they first start the diet.  Many of them are on a ton of medications too. 

Some medical conditions (diabetes, hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome, menopause, depression, Cushing syndrome, etc.) and some medications (diabetes medications, antidepressants, antipsychotics, corticosteroids, anti-seizure medications, etc.) will make it very difficult for these people to lose weight in the beginning even while in ketosis and even on a very low calorie diet.

Doctors have to tweak their diet and medications, run tests and in some cases diagnose and treat new medical conditions.  There can be a period of trial and error when adjusting the diet and medications.  Yes, this can take weeks to months before these people finally start to lose weight while in ketosis or on a very low calorie diet.  In the meantime, these people have shown to get healthier and enjoy many of the benefits of nutritional ketosis before weight loss.

Then there are the other studies I linked where people were kept at maintenance calories to intentionally prevent weight loss.  These people too got healthier on a keto diet independent of weight loss.

Over many years, many people who are already at their ideal body weight have gone on a ketogenic diet, not to lose weight, but to treat epilepsy, diabetes, prediabetes, insulin resistance, acid reflux (GERD), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), Hypertension, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), irritable bowel syndrome, glycogen storage disease, traumatic brain injury, etc.. These people get healthier and enjoy the many benefits of a keto diet independent of weight loss.

Some people who are too skinny and malnourished, due to severe digestive issues, have gone on a very meat heavy keto or carnivore diet to gain weight.  These people gain weight, get healthier, and enjoy many of the benefits of nutritional ketosis independent of weight loss.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2024, 09:51:45 PM »
Apparently, Layne still stops by. He just posted this on his IG page:

So how do you measure training intensity in anaerobic exercise?

Once I get past the initial "hanger" of going off carbs and utilizing fat for energy Ive never had a problem with training intensity.

VO2 max would best be measured in aerobic activity. I don't really see an optimal way to lift a weight, for the ammount of time necessary in order to measure VO2. In fact I was just watching Hubermans interview with Oeter Attia and Attia was basically saying the same thing.

Yeah, when you're muscles are initially depleted , its very hard to summon high levels of intensity but after that, when you're in ketosis and using fat efficiently,  my intensity has not suffered.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2024, 09:53:28 PM »
LOL @ a glass of milk for breakfast!   ;D

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2024, 10:29:31 PM »
So how do you measure training intensity in anaerobic exercise?

It’s pretty easy actually- most benchmarks for anaerobic glycolysis use 4 millimoles of free lactate in your  blood. That’s approximately the point you feel burning in your muscles. Of course unless you use one of the new blood lactate monitors you wouldn’t know exactly what the level is  so most people have used the Conconi method whereby you use pulse rate as a proxy. For a fit aerobic athlete the lactate threshold or “passing zone” occurs around 93% of max pulse.

Anaerobic glycolysis reaches a peak for maximum efforts of 45 seconds to one minute- a very common effort in sports such as bicycle racing and track running. If you are on keto your max power for those efforts drops like a rock and you will be gassed after just a few repeats.

Keto has a lot of benefits for sedentary people -but not for high output aerobic athletes. Other than early season fat loss.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2024, 11:28:44 PM »
LOL @ a glass of milk for breakfast!   ;D

liter of milk 30 grams of pro 3 grams leucine and canned pineapple BABY

20 pounds of pure muscle in 8 months ;)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2024, 12:31:47 AM »

canned food is garbage

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2024, 12:44:22 AM »
canned food is garbage

Depends what it's for. It's good to have easy access to pineapple, so the canned version perfect. It's not really about the nutritional benefits, it's more a thoughtful gesture for a lady friend.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2024, 03:12:53 AM »

Yeah OK Ace couple that with your Ramen noodles and you should blow up from within.   LOL  ;D

IDIOT!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2024, 03:50:11 AM »
Are we calling marathons at 8:18 pace "performance" in this thread?

I could roll off the couch and do that and I run about five miles per week.

Maybe if he ate a few carbs like a normal runner he could crack 8:00 and/or wouldn't need to stop and walk.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2024, 05:47:03 AM »
Yeah OK Ace couple that with your Ramen noodles and you should blow up from within.   LOL  ;D

IDIOT!!

;D

breakkie=liter of milk canned pineapple

post wo meal=double 1/4 with cheese and water

din-din=150 gram chick breast small potatoe

meal 4=100 gram chick breast 100 gram salmon small potatoe canned pineapple

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2024, 05:47:59 AM »

Maybe if he ate a few carbs like a normal runner he could crack 8:00 and/or wouldn't need to stop and walk.

if you cant run 6 min miles you sucks ass

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2024, 08:11:49 AM »

Been reading that it's better to go slower during the runs for fat loss.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2024, 11:10:58 AM »
Tried to PM Thin Lizzy but it was blocked for some reason:

Started reading the endurance diet.

I am only about 15 min in, but it's already evident I don't eat enough.  The good news is, I follow the other tenets pretty well, and it seems as simple as adding a good complex carb to about 3 meals.

I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Thanks for posting it.
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2024, 11:28:29 AM »
Been reading that it's better to go slower during the runs for fat loss.

I think that's only circumstantially true and depends on if it's the total calories from fat burned (seems important) or the % of the total from fat (who cares?), but I'm not an exercise physiologist.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/540164-do-you-burn-more-fat-running-fast-or-slow/

Higher-intensity exercise is better for losing fat because it uses more calories per minute…If you burn more calories, you will lose more fat than if you burn fewer calories. Lower intensity exercise is only better for fat loss if you exercise long enough to make up for the lower number of calories used per minute

During a race where he's bragging about his pace, I doubt fat loss was his goal anyway, he went out too hard and bonked.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2024, 12:17:24 PM »
Tried to PM Thin Lizzy but it was blocked for some reason:

Started reading the endurance diet.

I am only about 15 min in, but it's already evident I don't eat enough.  The good news is, I follow the other tenets pretty well, and it seems as simple as adding a good complex carb to about 3 meals.

I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Thanks for posting it.

Are you really doing that much cardio? High level marathoners can peak at over 100 miles a week. Cyclists do several hours a day of aerobic base work.

Lifters burn very few calories by comparison.

I do 40min on the treadmill, my shirt is soaked whereas a lifting session  in the same room and I’m hardly sweating.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2024, 12:19:39 PM »
This is the staple of Kenyan distance runners:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2024, 12:47:38 PM »
Are you really doing that much cardio? High level marathoners can peak at over 100 miles a week. Cyclists do several hours a day of aerobic base work.

Lifters burn very few calories by comparison.

I do 40min on the treadmill, my shirt is soaked whereas a lifting in the same room and hardly sweating.

No, and am only starting to ramp back up due to being in a walking boot for 3 months.

But once I am 100%, I am very active, mixing conditioning, rucking and running, in addition to playing sports in season.  I was definitely under eating for sure.
Y

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2024, 12:54:07 PM »
It’s pretty easy actually- most benchmarks for anaerobic glycolysis use 4 millimoles of free lactate in your  blood. That’s approximately the point you feel burning in your muscles. Of course unless you use one of the new blood lactate monitors you wouldn’t know exactly what the level is  so most people have used the Conconi method whereby you use pulse rate as a proxy. For a fit aerobic athlete the lactate threshold or “passing zone” occurs around 93% of max pulse.

Anaerobic glycolysis reaches a peak for maximum efforts of 45 seconds to one minute- a very common effort in sports such as bicycle racing and track running. If you are on keto your max power for those efforts drops like a rock and you will be gassed after just a few repeats.

Keto has a lot of benefits for sedentary people -but not for high output aerobic athletes. Other than early season fat loss.

Ok, I appreciate the detailed information.

But muscular growth is going to be accomplished with progressive overload, as long as you're consuming enough calories. And intensity is generally accepted, in layman's terms, as going to failure and coming within 1 or 2 reps of failure  is sufficient.

So optmal intensity isn't necessarily maximal intensity.

And, my own personal experience with Keto is that when I am using it, my joints feel incredible,  I have better energy and no brain fog.

Typically after 6 months or a year of following a low carb diet I will inevitably switch to a more high carb low fat diet. And the first week or two is great. Your muscles swell up like balloons but after those first 2 weeks  I look bloated,  lose any sign of abs and then generally start to feel like shit too.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2024, 01:11:53 PM »
Ok, I appreciate the detailed information.

But muscular growth is going to be accomplished with progressive overload, as long as you're consuming enough calories. And intensity is generally accepted, in layman's terms, as going to failure and coming within 1 or 2 reps of failure  is sufficient.

So optmal intensity isn't necessarily maximal intensity.

And, my own personal experience with Keto is that when I am using it, my joints feel incredible,  I have better energy and no brain fog.

Typically after 6 months or a year of following a low carb diet I will inevitably switch to a more high carb low fat diet. And the first week or two is great. Your muscles swell up like balloons but after those first 2 weeks  I look bloated,  lose any sign of abs and then generally start to feel like shit too.
after 15 months dieting last year and 22 I just avoided anything I had been eating, dropped pretty much a bodybuilding diet from November up until a couple weeks ago.

I was sick of the lifestyle
I added more carbs than normal during my pre-contest phase to try and assist training , carbing up and such than I would nornally do on my carnivore diet.

Im back to around 70% carnivore and feel better for it, still eating oats and a few potatoes and a bit of rice.

I dont think carnovore is the optimum diet for bodybuilding but its so much easier to maintain your physique as there is no need to calorie count or macro count.
im not a big eater so maybe some greedy twats could over eat on fats but you cant overeat protein