Author Topic: Extreme measures..  (Read 1669 times)

Yanin

• Getbig III
Extreme measures..
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »
Was talking to a beta friend of mind today. Was telling me about his meal preps and how he only eats ezikial bread and deprives himself of yummys like burgers and cupcakes.. I wanted to say "wtf you are 20% bf, no visible muscle or sign of lifting why the hell do you bother?" Anyone else know people that go to extreme diet measures and have no gains?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Extreme measures..
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »
I see fatties on the juice and shake diet and wonder why they can't lose weight because they're only eating veggies and fruits, never mind the sherbet or sorbet in the shakes, the 1000 grams of sugar and 6000 calories they're injesting daily.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
I wanted to say "wtf you are 20% bf, no visible muscle or sign of lifting why the hell do you bother?" Anyone else know people that go to extreme diet measures and have no gains?

S

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
How long has he been training for? Some beginners tend to go full throttle with their diet when they start training, consuming every traditional BB meal possible. :D
Obviously, being newbie’s, they aren’t going to be too developed though.

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »
I considered this, however this particular person has been training for at least 4 years. And this isn't just a isolated case. Ever talk to crossfitters about diet?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:02:34 AM »
I considered this, however this particular person has been training for at least 4 years. And this isn't just a isolated case. Ever talk to crossfitters about diet?

Has he been training properly all that time? Or just on/off?
Find it hard to believe that someone who has trained consistently for 4 years will have zero gains even on an average diet, let alone a solid one.
Unless he's just genetically cursed of course. ;D

Never met a crossfitter in person since the craze isnt that popular in the UK yet. I just hope it stays that way. :D

I have however met guys with zero development yet are religious with their diets - but they tend to be newbie’s who think the reason IFBB pro’s are the size they are is because they eat Ezikial instead of white bread and consume several scoops of Mutant Mass per day.
 ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »
I have a client (who's lost over 100lbs with me in the past 1.5yrs) who's working with a bariatric dr, and the dr's 'solution' is to keep cutting her kcals. on a "good" day, she takes in 1100. on an average day she's getting 800kcals... she's not to eat until her 'blood sugar gets low enough'... I ask her "do you measure it?" she says no, I'm supposed to go by how I feel... wtf. lol... and the dr's had her doing this for over 4 fucking months. lol.. and the client/dr can't understand why she's not losing anymore weight.

girl works harder than any client ive every had.. bber's and fighters included. lol 800kcals. fucking doctor is stupid as fuck.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
I have a client (who's lost over 100lbs with me in the past 1.5yrs) who's working with a bariatric dr, and the dr's 'solution' is to keep cutting her kcals. on a "good" day, she takes in 1100. on an average day she's getting 800kcals... she's not to eat until her 'blood sugar gets low enough'... I ask her "do you measure it?" she says no, I'm supposed to go by how I feel... wtf. lol... and the dr's had her doing this for over 4 fucking months. lol.. and the client/dr can't understand why she's not losing anymore weight.

girl works harder than any client ive every had.. bber's and fighters included. lol 800kcals. fucking doctor is stupid as fuck.
So she's straitjacketing her metabolism through calorie restriction rather than simply exercising more. And you allow this to continue because...

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
Here's a secret: people lie. Or at least embellish.

Fatties eat healthy in public to hide their shame and overly thin people eat, perhaps indulgently, in public to hide their shame.

That's why there's the myth of, "but I eat healthy, I don't understand why I'm fat!" and, "she's so thin, she can eat whatever she wants and doesn't gain a pound!"

No matter what you tell people, your body keeps an accurate record of what you have and haven't been putting in your body.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »

800cal is hard to follow...she's probably binging because you get so hungry with such little food. So that's probably why she's not losing weight. You'll lose weight at 800cal if you actually do it. I'm surprised that this is a doctor's recommendation, though

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »
I thought this thread would be about getbiggers' dick measurements.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »
I see fatties on the juice and shake diet and wonder why they can't lose weight because they're only eating veggies and fruits, never mind the sherbet or sorbet in the shakes, the 1000 grams of sugar and 6000 calories they're injesting daily.

Yes it is a common misconception among the Fats that eating certain things will make you lose weight.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
Yes it is a common misconception among the Fats that eating certain things will make you lose weight.
Also: Fats make you fat, carbs make you energetic (and therefore prone to weight loss), and protein is for people who want to look like Arnold.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »
So she's straitjacketing her metabolism through calorie restriction rather than simply exercising more. And you allow this to continue because...

I don't know where you got that from.

she trains 3x a week 1hr bootcamp plus 3x a week 40min circuit/cardio/hiit on her own.

she follows what her bariatric dr says.. my objection was with the dr's recommendation to continue to cut kcals since she has no other answer on hwo to drop more weight.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
800cal is hard to follow...she's probably binging because you get so hungry with such little food. So that's probably why she's not losing weight. You'll lose weight at 800cal if you actually do it. I'm surprised that this is a doctor's recommendation, though

nope. no binging, no cheating. her diet is 70% pro and 30% "carbs and fats", and the doc even "removed" the protein shakes from her diet because she thought they were making her hold onto weight. lol.... she sticks to the diet 100% and barely makes it through the 1hr sessions with me (bootcamp-type HIIT/circuit training/crossfit-type stuff... this is weightloss stuff, not bodybuilding)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »

she trains 3x a week 1hr bootcamp plus 3x a week 40min circuit/cardio/hiit on her own.

she follows what her bariatric dr says.. my objection was with the dr's recommendation to continue to cut kcals since she has no other answer on hwo to drop more weight.

Studies have shown too much exercise while on a severe caloric deficit can impede fatloss.

She needs to either increase the cals or decrease the exercise. Actually, she would probably benefit from both.
A

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »

It came from you saying she's on starvation-level calories. I don't care if she's got an intense program to follow, that big a deficit is going to cause loss of lean tissue one way or the other. Not to mention it's psychologically stressful. Tell her to eat more!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »
It came from you saying she's on starvation-level calories. I don't care if she's got an intense program to follow, that big a deficit is going to cause loss of lean tissue one way or the other. Not to mention it's psychologically stressful. Tell her to eat more!

not my call.. dr has more credentials than I do, even if I have the experience.

most I can get her do to is take in some amino's first thing thing in the morning and pre/intra/post workout.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
Cut back the cardio. A lot. Your body will stop responding to long sessions of cardio and will get more efficient at running or whatever it is. Cut back on it for a few weeks and then incorporate it into workouts again, you should see weight loss.

Keep the deficit, or give her 1000cal a day. Just cut the cardio waaay back or eliminate it completely for a couple weeks.

I'm going to try and find the article on this

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
Found it:

http://m.runnersworld.com/health/how-does-endurance-training-affect-your-thyroid-and-vice-versa?page=single

Obviously it's not super squeaky clean science-y, but I think it's worth investigating

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »
ezikel bread is awesome...throw it in a pan with some extra virgin coconut oil and put nutella on it....or make a grilled ham and cheese..i eat that shit everyday

bench