Author Topic: breaking news: internet tough guy challenges people to a fight! will fly you out  (Read 16047 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Im gonna do cardio. I just read that Coach is doing 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes.

Im younger and in terrible shape. Excuse me, Sir :)

Meltdown

Joe " I can't run away from everything"tino

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

pellius

• Getbig V
Well, I accept 1 grand, as long as I could still train for  2 months, and both signed waivers, so its always up to you, Pellius, despite thing is a dumb idea, but if you really want to do it, Im up for, of course.

I just think after 60 days of training, you have zero chance, but.... its your money, so use it the way you like it..

Yep, unlike a loooooot of people in here, I prefer to tell the truth, not in shape by any means

Well, my gofundme page hasn't panned out as I planned. How about I treat you to a Happy Meal and we meet this time next year? A year on kigtropons and you're toast.

pellius

• Getbig V
Seriously? Dave, no offense, but do you have any mental issues? I thought you was a cool cat

Why Would  I fight a guy for free and without having trained for a looong time, because he called me out and insulted me in a internet forum?

You told us you have 52 years old or something. Man, it looks like you have 14.

Joe, why do you need to train for a guy you claim is a fraud, old, and disabled?

Anyway, it's Sunday, I just came out of church service, had bunch and just got to the gym. I need to go to confession.

Stop the madness. I can't believe the situations I get myself in.

Maybe if I cut the TRT in half. I'm only at  725 ng/ml. That's a bit high normal but not crazy.

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
Joe, why do you need to train for a guy you claim is a fraud, old, and disabled?

Anyway, it's Sunday, I just came out of church service, had bunch and just got to the gym. I need to go to confession.

Stop the madness. I can't believe the situations I get myself in.

Maybe if I cut the TRT in half. I'm only at  725 ng/ml. That's a bit high normal but not crazy.

Church Service?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Gilkey doesn't know how to deal with homeless f#@ks.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Josh asked me to post this message here re Gilkey.

“tell phillip ill gladly fight him
3 rounds 2 minutes each round in a cage
he has to come to vancouver as i cant go to the states
he has to pay my accomodations for 3 days--ill pay my own travel
he has to give me 1000 dollars canadian, 500 up front 500 after fight

I would be super open to doing this anywhere between Sept 23 onwards as I am in BC for darts tournaments from Sept 22 for a while

Ill do this 1000%, I mean fuck why wouldnt I? It would be a blast, even if I got choked out.
There is zero reason for him not to do this. He clearly can afford it.

cut and paste this whole message into that thread

thanks Vincenzo”

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV

I would be super open to doing this anywhere between Sept 23 onwards as I am in BC for darts tournaments from Sept 22 for a while

Ill do this 1000%, I mean fuck why wouldnt I? It would be a blast, even if I got choked out.

thanks Vincenzo”

Some people wrote about Josh, why he is not here anymore?

pellius

• Getbig V
Gilkey doesn't know how to deal with homeless f#@ks.

Well, look who came crawling out from under his rock? The most ridiculed and despised member on this board. Keeping a low profile eh, fat man. After I completely destroyed and humiliated you. But I know full well that you are always lurking in the shadows following me around wishing and hoping you can find your chance to take care of, how did you say it? "Unfinished business." LOL.

People are thoroughly sick of you here, you conceited, arrogant, self-righteous, wretched fat old man.

You are the most mocked and ridiculed person on this board. Don't you have a half of ounce of self-respect? Is it so important that you hope for acceptance and approval here?

Just go away.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V

Wait, is this real? If so, how exactly does he service people in bed? How many does he service?

"1"

pellius

• Getbig V

thanks Vincenzo”

When did fighting become so complicated? Two guys get pissed off at each other and they go outside and start throwing hands until one quits or can't fight anymore.

Three rounds, two minutes per round. Two minutes. That's barely enough time for me to be my pre-fight Kata. Why is everybody always so out of shape. Train for two months, fatso, post a pic of you reasonable in shape, then we'll talk. I have a feeling I'm going to get a flood of challenges from "off-season" slobs now wrapping up their prep.

And "zero reason" why I wouldn't do this? How about I don't want to waste a nanosecond of my life of a POS loser?

BTW, aren't you wasting away from Parkinson's or Alzheimer's?

Seriously Josh, just get a new dog, and stick to fishing. You look happy when you are doing that. Why are you still bothering with this board.

pellius

• Getbig V
Wait, is this real? If so, how exactly does he service people in bed? How many does he service?

"1"

One word: Supination

pellius

• Getbig V
These challenge matches got me thinking. Back, before Jiu-Jitsu became a craze. I had the pleasure and honor of taking private, one on one, lessons for one hour each week with Rickson for two years. At the time it only costs $60/hr though it frequently ran longer. To be honest, I'm not sure that Rickson was really all that great of a teacher. Other than his son, Kron, he has never produced a single champion from the ground up like Renzo, Royler, Ceasar and others. Unlike what Valentino claims, I have never said I was a Jiu-Jitsu champion. Never. The vast majority of those who train in Jiu-Jitsu, like in bbing, never compete.

I had also taken privates with Royler, Royce and Rorion and I would say without a doubt that Rorion was the best teacher. He just wasn't available much at the time as he was involved in the business aspect of getting the school going (it was barely a year old) and then his idea about developing the UFC. I think with Rickson he was just so talented that he couldn't see or relate to the problems or overlooked aspects which to him was just second nature that we mere mortals had to overcome. And though people like to deify him, during his era he was untouchable. He was no "God" as others like to make him out to be but he was touched by the hand of God. The way he would tool his brothers (I remember Royce getting so frustrated and angry that a full-on fought with Rickson during training) and the various champs from visiting Brasil like Fabio Gurgel, Saulo, and Nino.

Anyway, what I did take away from him during our time together was his mindset. He really had a warrior mindset. Not in the way most people think about it. He did not have or tried to project a badass, tough guy attitude. I think what most struck people, at least with me, was his sense of humor. Always joking. Always laughing and having fun.
It's just that when he is on film it's usually about Jiu-Jitsu which is serious business for him so he comes across as a serious person.

Anyway, when Yogi Anjo showed up unannounced during class one day to challenge Rickson, something that Valentino denies ever happened even though it's a well known story, says something about Rickson and how these things are handled.

Anjo, representing the Takada Academy, felt that Rickson was ducking him. So Anjo goes into training, maybe it was two months (lol), but he was a professional athlete and presumably always in some sort of shape. He plans the date and no doubt prepares extensively for his confrontation with Rickson. Meanwhile, Rickson is completely unaware of this dishonorable plot.

When Anjo arrives, interrupting our class, with a posse and camera crew, Rickson was not there. He has just got back from traveling and was recovering from jet lag. Luis Heredia, Rickson's assistant instructor, told him Rickson was not there. If I was Luis, I would have said that I will notify Rickson and let him decide how he wants to handle this unannounced challenge. But Luis calls Rickson and awakes him at his home. Rickson says he will be right over and to tell Anjo he is on his way.

Just like that. A professional fighter, training for this one in a lifetime event, one that could be career-changing makes a challenge and Rickson accepts without question. No rules, no time limits, no "I need two months to train", not asking for a penny. Rickson was the highest paid MMA fighter at the time and could easily make hundreds of thousands of dollars for this fight.

But, incredible to many nowadays, it's really not always about money for some. There are still a precious few that still believe in defending one's honor and dignity. You just don't show up unannounced and interrupt a class and think you can do what you want. You don't just demand something, anything, from someone and expect them to just acquiesce and surrender anything you demand -- no matter what the price or cost of what you are supposed to surrender.

Anyway, what happened has been well documented. Look it up Valentino. Rickson usually likes to end fights with submissions. It's the easiest and the most gentle way to end a fight. But not with Anjo. Not when you insult and disrespect Rickson like this. After easily securing the mount position instead of going for a submission Rickson just beat Anjo to a bloody pulp.   

In Anjo's defense, he did return later to apologize and offered a gift (I think it was some kind of scroll) to Rickson and thanked him for a lesson well learned.

I've always believed that a lot of valuable lessons can be learned after getting a good beating.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
One word: Supination

LMFAO.  Welcome back Vincenzo!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
"I've always believed that a lot of valuable lessons can be learned after getting a good beating."

i dont know about that, you had a lot of beatings on getbig and never seem to learn

pellius

• Getbig V
"I've always believed that a lot of valuable lessons can be learned after getting a good beating."

i dont know about that, you had a lot of beatings on getbig and never seem to learn

Where do you live? Why are you so ashamed of your home?

Someone told me you live in New York? Is that true?

And you call Hawaii a ghetto island.

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
To be honest, after the video that I saw here yesterday that ESF recorded in a hospital Bed that got me thinking.

Its a loot of insanity going on. 

Its not possible a guy would pay 5k to other guy in here fly around the country to fight Shizo over arguments in a internet forum, but...

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
You gotta remember a couple of things when you think about BJJ and Muay Thai

Tailand and Brazil are 3rd World Countries and those competitors in the last century would fight for nothing.

Its a really long and boring story. There was a dispute at some point in the Gracie Family, in Rio, over some states.

Its was total War in the 80s in Rio, they would fight in the Beach against Wrestling and Kick Boxing

In the 90s they realized they should stop the nonsense and start to make Real Money and they started to Open Gyms in America and Hawaii.

Cats like Renzo, Rickson, Ralph and Royce are now millionaires. Back in 90s the money is UFC wasn't that good as today.

Plus, as Pellius might remember, they would fight 3 times to win the belt, unlike nowadays they fight only once and might get 400 K per match, or even more.

Rickson is the only undefeated of them all. Retired as a Legend

Renzo has 4 or 5 gyms now in NYC, two only in Manhattan. Its an Empire now..

Dave D

• Getbig V
You gotta remember a couple of things when you think about BJJ and Muay Thai

Tailand and Brazil are 3rd World Countries and those competitors in the last century would fight for nothing.

Its a really long and boring story. There was a dispute at some point in the Gracie Family, in Rio, over some states.

Its was total War in the 80s in Rio, they would fight in the Beach against Wrestling and Kick Boxing

In the 90s they realized they should stop the nonsense and start to make Real Money and they started to Open Gyms in America and Hawaii.

Cats like Renzo, Rickson, Ralph and Royce are now millionaires. Back in 90s the money is UFC wasn't that good as today.

Plus, as Pellius might remember, they would fight 3 times to win the belt, unlike nowadays they fight only once and might get 400 K per match, or even more.

Rickson is the only undefeated of them all. Retired as a Legend

Renzo has 4 or 5 gyms now in NYC, two only in Manhattan. Its an Empire now..

I know others know the history much better than I....

UFC was started to showcase the superiority of Gracie Jujitsu to other fighting styles.

Rickson was supposed to represent the Gracie name in the tournament but didnt.

Royce, who was considered the "weakest/worst" practitioner of the family, ended up being the Gracie who became the face of Jujitsu.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
I know others know the history much better than I....

UFC was started to showcase the superiority of Gracie Jujitsu to other fighting styles.

Rickson was supposed to represent the Gracie name in the tournament but didnt.

Royce, who was considered the "weakest/worst" practitioner of the family, ended up being the Gracie who became the face of Jujitsu.

I didn't start watching UFC until about 2011-2012.  To me it was just horrible redneck entertainment back in the day.  Each year, the talent/skill gets better and better.  What worries me now is the super fight mentality and champ-champ bullshit.  Also, ESPN is a drop off compared to when it was on Fox. 

pellius

• Getbig V
Rorion bought Royce over to America to help with teaching when Royce was only 17 years old. Royce was never a true Black Belt. Rorion just promoted him. I think Royce was still a Blue belt, maybe Purple at the time. It didn't matter at the time as an advance Blue belt was enough to defeat any traditional martial artist, which Royce did routinely when Rorion had his open challenge at his Academy, which got a ton of publicity when he was interviewed by Playboy Magazine.

At the time of the UFC, Rickson and Rorion had a fallout and Rickson started his own school on Pico Blvd. in West LA. Though I still lived in Torrance I decided to go with Rickson, as did a few others at Gracie Torrance. I don't think Rorion ever considered Rickson to represent the family in the UFC. There was a large age gap between Rorion and Royce and Rorion was more like a father to Royce than a brother. He could control Royce but not Rickson. And Rorion wanted to feature Royce because Royce was so weak and skinny. He wanted no question as to the superiority of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. And, again, outside of Brasil, nobody was familiar with Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and Rorion was well aware that the vast majority of traditional martial arts are not that effective in a real fight. They never train like boxers or Muy Thai. No "free training". Just Katas and choreographed stuff. Rorion was sure Royce would have no trouble defeating his opponents until Ken Shamrock showed up on the scene. Rorion did everything he could to keep Shamrock from competing. Rorion is no dummy and he knew that not only was Shamrock a superior athlete in every sense of the word, but he knew ground fighting and actually competed in Pancrase which is very similar to no holds bar fighting. Rorion studied Shamrock's rights closely and knew that he went for foot locks. And Shamrock figured that since no one really is familiar with foot locks and leg locks like they are in Sambo or Pancrase, even Jiu-Jitsu at the time dismissed foot locks and never practiced leg locks, this would be the perfect technique for someone who may "pull guard".

The preparation proved fruitful. When Shamrock dropped for the foot lock Royce was ready.

When Royce was scheduled to fight Mark Kerr in Pride, Rorion swallowed his pride and contacted Rigan Machado. The Machado brothers also had a falling out with Rorion and started their own school about 5 miles away in Redondo Beach, CA. Rorion wanted Royce to train with Rigan because Rigan was so big and a very dominating fighter. He was another one that would just crush all comers and was undefeated with only one lost to Rickson. Rigan was only 18 years old at the time and Rickson was around 25-26 when they fought. And Rigan gave Rickson a run for his money.

Anyway, after Rigan cleared it with Rickson (really?) Rigan, along with his brother Jean-Jacques, Ricco Rodriguez (who beat Randy Couture to briefly win the Heavyweight UFC title), Rick Williams (a top level Black Belt), and I think Renato who was to the Machado's what Luis Heredia (Lemond) was to Rickson, life long friends that were always around, would go to the Gracie Academy to train with Royce.

I remember asking Jean Jacques how it went. How was Royce? He said he was surprised at how bad Royce was. By then Royce was around 23-24 but I guess not really having anybody at a high level to train with really took its toll. Royler had moved back to Brasil and Rickson was no longer in the picture. The advanced students all moved to the Machado's because at the Gracies it was only Royce. The Machado's had all the brothers there: Rigan, Carlos (who Chuck Norris later would take him to Texas so Chuck could keep training and help Carlos start a school there), Jean Jacques, Roger, and John. In addition, they had some legit Black Belts like Bob Bass (who tapped out Craig Kukuk in a closed-door match and who was the first American Black Belt under Rorion), Rick Williams, Renato Magna, UFC champ Ricco Rodriguez, and a prodigy, Fernando Vasconcelos, a Mundial champion and was thought to be the next Rickson. It was the best place to train and I moved there when Rickson started teaching less and focusing on MMA and privates lessons.

Jean Jacques told me that if Royce was training at the Machado's he would rank as an advance Purple Belt. He would joke at how fast Royce was promoted to Black and what a huge mistake it was to have him compete against Wallid Ishmael in the Mundials as Wallid was a real Black Belt and easily defeated Royce with a Clock Choke.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
good old american wrestling > superior to anything bjj

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
What's the 2k for?

To pay booty for 5 mins in her love cave

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Where do you live? Why are you so ashamed of your home?

Someone told me you live in New York? Is that true?

And you call Hawaii a ghetto island.

Nope, not in NY !.

He doesn't know about existence of juice bars shops , Wikipedia is his reality !.

He never tasted star fruit, custard apple or mango in his life.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

"1"

Ask Laurie2 (his 88yo girlfriend)  ;)