Author Topic: Political Books  (Read 424 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Political Books
« on: December 13, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
Currently reading Sharyl Attkisson's The Smear:  How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think and How You Vote.  Very revealing look at smear campaigns, on the left and right.  Remarkable how effectively "news" stories and public opinion get manipulated.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Political Books
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:06:09 AM »
Don't know how to imbed the video, but Jay Leno had no idea how accurate this joke was/is.

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/leno-mocks-obama-controlling-media-jake-tapper-reads-question-cue-cards-presidents-holding

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
Didn't see it on here but did anyone see that Tapper/Miller interview?

"I'm getting to the issue of your fitness." Classic one liner/very well-put by Stephen Miller.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »
Didn't see it on here but did anyone see that Tapper/Miller interview?

"I'm getting to the issue of your fitness." Classic one liner/very well-put by Stephen Miller.

Watched it.  Funny and predictable to see how the media spun the interview. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »
Currently reading Sharyl Attkisson's The Smear:  How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think and How You Vote.  Very revealing look at smear campaigns, on the left and right.  Remarkable how effectively "news" stories and public opinion get manipulated.

LOL - now you suddenly believe that "fake news" can effect public opinion (and one assume the out come of an election)

I'm sure you'll simultaneously have a reason why all the fake news from Russia which passed through Facebook (some of which was shared right here on this board) didn't actually change a single vote in the entire country