Author Topic: Amy Coney Barrett sworn in as Supreme Court Justice at White House ceremony  (Read 37159 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2019, 04:00:06 PM »
Even though I'm only 11 years her junior, I think it is safe to say when someone makes it to 86 they've already had a long life. If I live another decade, I hope I maintain the good health I currently enjoy....but you never know.

Well there are always outliers, but I doubt you will find statistically significant numbers showing an 86 year old with three different bouts of cancer will live a much longer life.  

On the other hand, she does have access to the best medical treatment on the planet.  

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
Seems likely that Trump gets a third SCOTUS pick in his first term.
The Left will treat it like armageddon.

Their hysterical reactions to Kavanaugh will be nothing compared to Trump getting to recommend a third Justice. There will probably be violent protests and attacks along of course with a multitude of accusations and allegations regardless of who Trump recommends.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
Their hysterical reactions to Kavanaugh will be nothing compared to Trump getting to recommend a third Justice. There will probably be violent protests and attacks along of course with a multitude of accusations and allegations regardless of who Trump recommends.

We'll hear testimony from the nominee's kindergarten teacher, barber, high school chemistry lab partner, first pet, and dead grandmother.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2019, 05:38:12 PM »
The meltdowns will be epic ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »

It’ll be a good check for the way the country seems to be headed. Our forefathers has great vision about the three branches and how they could balance the power.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »

Trump will likely go with Amy Coney Barrett so it will be interesting to see what angle they try to take with her being female.

Sources close to the president said Trump wants Barrett to be the one, TownHall reports. The 47-year-old is a judge on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and a favorite among pro-lifers.

“I’m saving her for Ginsburg,” Trump said, according to three separate sources, Axios reports.

The president reportedly said the exact same words several times, including prior to nominating Brett Kavanaugh to fill retired Justice Anthony Kennedy’s seat. Barrett also was on Trump’s short list of nominees to fill the seat.

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/08/23/pro-abortion-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-has-treatment-for-cancerous-tumor/

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2019, 08:23:08 PM »
Trump will likely go with Amy Coney Barrett so it will be interesting to see what angle they try to take with her being female.

Sources close to the president said Trump wants Barrett to be the one, TownHall reports. The 47-year-old is a judge on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and a favorite among pro-lifers.

I’m saving her for Ginsburg,” Trump said, according to three separate sources, Axios reports.

The president reportedly said the exact same words several times, including prior to nominating Brett Kavanaugh to fill retired Justice Anthony Kennedy’s seat. Barrett also was on Trump’s short list of nominees to fill the seat.

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/08/23/pro-abortion-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-has-treatment-for-cancerous-tumor/

This made me laugh out loud. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »
This made me laugh out loud. 

Why?

I knew that was the move when he passed over Barrett for Kavanaugh to fill Justice Kennedy's seat.

Replace liberal Justice Ginsburg with a conservative female and transform the judicial landscape of this country for decades.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2019, 10:08:25 PM »

We'll hear testimony from the nominee's kindergarten teacher, barber, high school chemistry lab partner, first pet, and dead grandmother.

The meltdowns will be epic ;D

Truth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »
It’ll be a good check for the way the country seems to be headed. Our forefathers has great vision about the three branches and how they could balance the power.

Absolutely.  I'm reading the Constitution again.  They were brilliant. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2019, 07:51:44 AM »
While pancreatic cancer is very serious, radiation treatment as opposed to chemo suggests the doctors caught it early on....probably stage 1 or stage 2. Even at her advanced age, she has a good chance of a long remission.

Thanks doc!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
This lady of peace probably died months ago and they are just keeping the corpse around until after the 2020 elections

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Michael Moore panics after Ginsburg's latest health scare: 'HOLYMOTHEROFRBG!!'

Filmmaker Michael Moore sounded the alarm for his fellow liberals Friday after news broke that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had completed three weeks of treatment for a malignant tumor this summer.

“First thought:” Moore tweeted. “She was seen at the Yiddish version of 'Fiddler on the Roof' in NYC last week. She’s gonna be fine.”

Then he wrote, “Second thought: HOLYMOTHEROFRBG!!EVERYBODY, RIGHT THIS SECOND, JOIN A MOVEMENT, CAMPAIGN, GRASS ROOTS GROUP -WHATEVER - AND WORK NONSTOP BTWN RIGHT NOW & NOV 2020!”

Moore was apparently fearing that further health problems for Ginsburg could force the 86-year-old associate justice to step down from her lifetime appointment to the nation's highest court -- thereby presenting President Trump with a third opportunity to make a Supreme Court pick.

Trump has already placed conservative justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, following Senate confirmation for each. A third successful Trump appointee would likely bolster the court's conservative majority for decades to come.

Moore appeared to be reminding liberals that electing a Democrat to the White House in 2020 would be the best defense against Trump making a third pick -- unless Ginsburg happens to step down before the 2020 election.

That appeared unlikely Friday. A court spokesperson said the tumor on Ginsburg’s pancreas was treated “definitively” and there were no other signs of cancer in her body.

Ginsburg has become a bit of a celebrity in the liberal community and Democrats watch the health of "Notorious RBG" very closely.

During a recent performance of “Fiddler on the Roof” in New York City, Ginsburg received a standing ovation.

Ginsburg underwent lung cancer surgery in December and has had two previous bouts with the disease. She had colorectal cancer in 1999 and pancreatic cancer in 2009. While recovering from surgery she missed arguments at the court in January, her first illness-related absence in more than 25 years as a justice.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2019, 09:27:46 AM »
Why?

I knew that was the move when he passed over Barrett for Kavanaugh to fill Justice Kennedy's seat.

Replace liberal Justice Ginsburg with a conservative female and transform the judicial landscape of this country for decades.

This is what is so terrifying to the Democrats. With a female nominee, they’re not going to be able to play the sexist angle or attack her as hard as they did with Kavanagh.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2019, 09:56:42 AM »
This is what is so terrifying to the Democrats. With a female nominee, they’re not going to be able to play the sexist angle or attack her as hard as they did with Kavanagh.

They'll likely attack her Catholic faith. To what degree, I am not sure but that will be the angle they latch onto.

I think it will backfire big time but we already know the mindset of these people and the depths they will take.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
They'll likely attack her Catholic faith. To what degree, I am not sure but that will be the angle they latch onto.

I think it will backfire big time but we already know the mindset of these people and the depths they will take.

Feinstien already has questioned Amy Coney Booker regarding her Catholic faith and being a judge.

"When questioned about the article at her 7th Circuit confirmation hearing, Barrett stressed that she did not believe it was “lawful for a judge to impose  personal opinions, from whatever source they derive, upon the law,” and she pledged that her views on abortion “or any other question will have no bearing on the discharge of my duties as a judge.” She acknowledged that, if she were instead being nominated to serve as a federal trial judge, she “would not enter an order of execution,” but she assured senators that she did not intend “as a blanket matter to recuse myself in capital cases if I am confirmed” and added that she had “fully participated in advising Justice Scalia in capital cases as a law clerk.”"

https://www.scotusblog.com/2018/07/potential-nominee-profile-amy-coney-barrett/

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
In his second term President Trump is going to have a massive majority in both houses and get to seat two more Supreme Court Justices.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
In his second term President Trump is going to have a massive majority in both houses and get to seat two more Supreme Court Justices.

Possibly 3 with Brother Thomas potentially retiring, Breyer's age and Sotomayor's health.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »
attack her as hard as they did with Kavanagh.
They will find a way because she is a guaranteed constitutional conservative (unlike Kavanaugh).

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2019, 08:15:30 PM »
Feinstien already has questioned Amy Coney Booker regarding her Catholic faith and being a judge.

"When questioned about the article at her 7th Circuit confirmation hearing, Barrett stressed that she did not believe it was “lawful for a judge to impose  personal opinions, from whatever source they derive, upon the law,” and she pledged that her views on abortion “or any other question will have no bearing on the discharge of my duties as a judge.” She acknowledged that, if she were instead being nominated to serve as a federal trial judge, she “would not enter an order of execution,” but she assured senators that she did not intend “as a blanket matter to recuse myself in capital cases if I am confirmed” and added that she had “fully participated in advising Justice Scalia in capital cases as a law clerk.”"

https://www.scotusblog.com/2018/07/potential-nominee-profile-amy-coney-barrett/

For a second you had thinking she was related to the meat-hating, bald dude from Jersey.

She's Amy Coney Barrett, and Feinstein is no fan of her.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
In general, dems that are Catholic is strange.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Could this latest bullshit attack on Kavanaugh mean that Ginsberg is on borrowed time?

Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh impeachment after new allegation in Times piece - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/democratic-candidates-demand-kavanaugh-impeachment-after-new-allegation-in-times-piece/2019/09/15/3bdc160e-d7ce-11e9-ac63-3016711543fe_story.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
Could this latest bullshit attack on Kavanaugh mean that Ginsberg is on borrowed time?

Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh impeachment after new allegation in Times piece - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/democratic-candidates-demand-kavanaugh-impeachment-after-new-allegation-in-times-piece/2019/09/15/3bdc160e-d7ce-11e9-ac63-3016711543fe_story.html

Plausible. They don’t want to even imagine that Trump might get to appoint a 3rd Justice in the Supreme Court.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

Where was this supposed allegation during all the drama before? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
Where was this supposed allegation during all the drama before? ::)

This Fox article has an interesting tidbit:

Kavanaugh 'must be impeached,' top Dems say, as new uncorroborated allegation surfaces

The Times piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, adapted from their forthcoming book, asserted that a Kavanaugh classmate, Clinton-connected nonprofit CEO Max Stier, "saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student."

According to the Times, Stier "notified senators and the FBI about this account, but the FBI did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly."

But, the Times' article conspicuously did not mention that Pogrebin and Kelly's book also found that the female student in question denied any knowledge of the alleged episode.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kavanaugh-must-be-impeached-harris-says-as-new-uncorroborated-allegation-surfaces