Author Topic: Murder-Suicide: Police Officer Allegedly Shot Family, Burn, Home, Killed Self  (Read 1354 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I think we should ban the cops from having guns in order to avoid incidences like the one below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/hans-walters-murder-suicide_n_2535153.html?icid=maing-grid7

Nevada police said that Lt. Hans Walters, a 20-year veteran of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, killed his family and set fire to his home before fatally shooting himself on Jan. 21.

A standoff at Walters' Boulder City, Nev., home occurred Monday, after an unidentified male caller claimed to a 911 dispatcher that he had killed his wife and child, set his house aflame and would "injure any officer that attempted to come to the scene."

Units from multiple departments responded, including a Las Vegas SWAT team. Officers reportedly encountered Walters in front of his house with a handgun. According to CNN, Walters ignored commands from police to drop his weapon and, instead, returned to the burning house.

Authorities believe the off-duty lieutenant shot himself after he entered the house.

The Clark County Coroner's Office confirmed Tuesday that Walter's 46-year-old wife, Kathryn, and 5-year-old son, Maximilian, each died of a gunshot wound to the head.

According to Fox local affiliate KVVU, Walters had been recently promoted to lieutenant in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, where he supervised patrol officers. Walters' wife was a former Las Vegas police officer.

Reports initially did not identify Walters by name, referring only to his rank. However, the Associated Press confirmed that he was the owner of the house in which the incident occurred.

Fellow officers were shocked and saddened by the news. Some neighbors described the family as reclusive, saying that they weren't even aware that Walters had a child, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

CBS Las Vegas reported that a makeshift memorial has been set up in front of the Walters' home.

Earlier this week, an off-duty police officer in Oregon became involved in an armed standoff with sheriff's deputies at his home, following an alleged incident of domestic violence. The suspect and another officer were injured in that incident, but not seriously.
X

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
When you consider that they are proven to be hiring police with LOW IQ, and possibly certain other disturbing personality traits, then yes, perhaps the current crop of police are the very last ones we want with guns.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
When you consider that they are proven to be hiring police with LOW IQ, and possibly certain other disturbing personality traits, then yes, perhaps the current crop of police are the very last ones we want with guns.

Well, if thats true, its more about the person, less about the gun. Have to hire more competent cops.
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Ban cops, guns, fire, suicide and families.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit

Finally!  Tony Danza makes a good post.  Congratulations Danza you just added one notch in my book. You're now at not h one.
a

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Ban cops, guns, fire, suicide and families.

YES!

;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
YES!

;D

I must be losing my mind, how can I forget?

Ban homes too.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
I must be losing my mind, how can I forget?

Ban homes too.

Prohibition works!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Prohibition works!

Yes, it worked very well for alcohol and we really killed it with the war on drugs.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Yes, it worked very well for alcohol and we really killed it with the war on drugs.

;D

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
I think we should ban the cops from having guns in order to avoid incidences like the one below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/hans-walters-murder-suicide_n_2535153.html?icid=maing-grid7

Nevada police said that Lt. Hans Walters, a 20-year veteran of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, killed his family and set fire to his home before fatally shooting himself on Jan. 21.

A standoff at Walters' Boulder City, Nev., home occurred Monday, after an unidentified male caller claimed to a 911 dispatcher that he had killed his wife and child, set his house aflame and would "injure any officer that attempted to come to the scene."

Units from multiple departments responded, including a Las Vegas SWAT team. Officers reportedly encountered Walters in front of his house with a handgun. According to CNN, Walters ignored commands from police to drop his weapon and, instead, returned to the burning house.

Authorities believe the off-duty lieutenant shot himself after he entered the house.

The Clark County Coroner's Office confirmed Tuesday that Walter's 46-year-old wife, Kathryn, and 5-year-old son, Maximilian, each died of a gunshot wound to the head.

According to Fox local affiliate KVVU, Walters had been recently promoted to lieutenant in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, where he supervised patrol officers. Walters' wife was a former Las Vegas police officer.

Reports initially did not identify Walters by name, referring only to his rank. However, the Associated Press confirmed that he was the owner of the house in which the incident occurred.

Fellow officers were shocked and saddened by the news. Some neighbors described the family as reclusive, saying that they weren't even aware that Walters had a child, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

CBS Las Vegas reported that a makeshift memorial has been set up in front of the Walters' home.

Earlier this week, an off-duty police officer in Oregon became involved in an armed standoff with sheriff's deputies at his home, following an alleged incident of domestic violence. The suspect and another officer were injured in that incident, but not seriously.

Isn't he the fuckin' police? :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Isn't he the fuckin' police? :D

Exactly, ban police.