Author Topic: Hillary Crying Again??  (Read 1256 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary Crying Again??
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »
 ::)

Hillary Clinton moved by woman's housing woes
By Rick Pearson

KENOSHA, Wis.-- Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton’s voice filled with emotion today as she listened to the story of a mother and young daughter who said they were being forced from their home due to a skyrocketing adjustable mortgage.

Appearing at a rally and question and answer session inside the Brat Shop, a restaurant located off Interstate 94, the main north-south route between Chicago and Milwaukee, Clinton asked local officials if they could provide any help to the woman.

The woman, who identified herself only as Donna, took to a small dance-floor being used as a stage after her young daughter asked Clinton what she intended to do for “children that are going to lose their houses.”

Clinton invited the woman to join her at the microphone as her voice, already strained from speaking, filled with emotion. “Would you tell us how you’re losing your house?” the presidential candidate asked.

As the woman told her story of an adjustable rate mortgage that climbed from $600 a month to $1,000 while her income as a hairdresser fell, the audience of several hundred people fell silent.

“You know I’m really happy that they raised their hand,” Clinton said. “This is one of the biggest problems that we’re facing.”

Regaining her rhetoric, Clinton said, “A year ago, I started saying this is a disaster that is going to affect millions of millions of Americans. I said let’s stop these foreclosures and let’s help hard working people. These are people who pay their bills. These are people who work hard. Let’s help them stay in their homes instead of forcing them out of their houses.”

Clinton has called for a five-year freeze on interest rates on some adjustable rate mortgages and a 90-day moratorium on home foreclosures.

“I personally believe we should be freezing the interest rates on these adjustable rate mortgages. I have talked to people from Florida, Ohio, Nevada to California who are in the same position,” Clinton said. She said after she proposed a moratorium on foreclosures, “the White House said it was a terrible idea. My opponent criticized the idea. Well, this week, President Bush’s secretary of the treasurer said we’re going to have a moratorium.”

Clinton had a notable emotional moment during the New Hampshire primaries when asked about the strain of the campaign. After winning New Hampshire against rival Barack Obama, she later credited that moment with finding her “voice” in the campaign.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/hillary_clinton_weeps_over_wom.html

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Hillary Crying Again??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
Dykes don't have real tears.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »
You have to admit, she's really stuck.  Before she showed no emotion and was heavily criticised for it, she shows emotion and is heavily criticised for it.  No I'm not defending her, I just see the irony in this criticism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »
People just don't like her and don't trust her.  Contrived crying isn't the answer. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »
People just don't like her and don't trust her.  Contrived crying isn't the answer. 
I still haven't seen one tear drop.  It was more of an expression.  You people make it sound like she breaks down balling.  I don't like her either, but pulease ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »
she breaks down right before must-win primaries.

3rd time now?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »
I still haven't seen one tear drop.  It was more of an expression.  You people make it sound like she breaks down balling.  I don't like her either, but pulease ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Meltdown.   :)

Everything she does is scripted.  When it comes to politics, I don't think she has a genuine bone in her body.  Her sudden "emotional" side is canned. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Everything she does is scripted.  When it comes to politics, . 
Oh fucking no ::)  unheard of in politics..............

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »
Oh fucking no ::)  unheard of in politics..............

So?  Doesn't make her any more genuine. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 10:10:35 PM »
I just don't see what you guys are seeing. BB, You truly make it sound like she's balling.  That last clip you posted beach was pathetic.  The guy talking to her got all emotional.  He probably did have tears.  Now had she sat there with a cold stare, well fuck, they would have said WTF.  She was receptive of his emotional address, that is all, there wasn't a single fucking tear shed.  How was it covered in the media, that she broke down and cried.  Oh fucking bullocks, give me a break ::)  And for the last time, I will remind you yet once again that they criticized her for being a cold figure when her campaign started and the critics said she would have to show she had a human side.  Well what the fuck, she does and the other spectrum of asses come out of the woodworks.  You of all people should appreciate how hard it must fucking be for a woman to walk this fine line, the first woman, to run for office--shame on you!

I have no idea why I'm defending her, I won't vote for her, I don't like her, I don't trust her, but your shit is overblown.  I'm actually surprised, shouldn't you be supporting her like the other republicans? I know you're not a republican, but you're going to vote republican and they see her as the get out the vote candidate for the republicans because she's so hated and despised by the right.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »
I just don't see what you guys are seeing. BB, You truly make it sound like she's balling.  That last clip you posted beach was pathetic.  The guy talking to her got all emotional.  He probably did have tears.  Now had she sat there with a cold stare, well fuck, they would have said WTF.  She was receptive of his emotional address, that is all, there wasn't a single fucking tear shed.  How was it covered in the media, that she broke down and cried.  Oh fucking bullocks, give me a break ::)  And for the last time, I will remind you yet once again that they criticized her for being a cold figure when her campaign started and the critics said she would have to show she had a human side.  Well what the fuck, she does and the other spectrum of asses come out of the woodworks.  You of all people should appreciate how hard it must fucking be for a woman to walk this fine line, the first woman, to run for office--shame on you!

I have no idea why I'm defending her, I won't vote for her, I don't like her, I don't trust her, but your shit is overblown.  I'm actually surprised, shouldn't you be supporting her like the other republicans? I know you're not a republican, but you're going to vote republican and they see her as the get out the vote candidate for the republicans because she's so hated and despised by the right.

Well first of all I'm not the one making the news.  I've posted three stories about her getting emotional.  I didn't write the stories. 

Regardless of whether the reports of her getting emotional are overblown, I'm saying I don't think she is genuine, whether it is full on tears or simply getting choked up.   

No, I don't support her.  I don't want her anywhere near the White House.  Democrats really have some lousy choices this time around (again). 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
Well first of all I'm not the one making the news.  I've posted three stories about her getting emotional.  I didn't write the stories. 

Regardless of whether the reports of her getting emotional are overblown, I'm saying I don't think she is genuine, whether it is full on tears or simply getting choked up.   

No, I don't support her.  I don't want her anywhere near the White House.  Democrats really have some lousy choices this time around (again). 
What democrat would you vote for if he/she were running?  What dems do you like?

With Hillary, the stories are BS.  The fact of the matter is that she has been continuous in her show of some emotion since she was criticised early on for being stone cold.  With that being the fact how hard is it to point out some time prior to a primary that she showed some emotion.  I will say in this regard, separate from the person that is Hillary, the candidate that is Hillary, I am shocked that you would carry this story.  Do you not see what a fine line a woman must balance and even the ill that a woman would be held to higher scrutiny in this area.  This is the one place I didn't expect you of all people to go.  Perhaps it's that you despise the person so much you envy this is the first woman to have a shot.  Did you have hopes for a different?  I don't know.  I just know this part is silly and I don't see the "crying" that the media is phrasing it as.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
What democrat would you vote for if he/she were running?  What dems do you like?

With Hillary, the stories are BS.  The fact of the matter is that she has been continuous in her show of some emotion since she was criticised early on for being stone cold.  With that being the fact how hard is it to point out some time prior to a primary that she showed some emotion.  I will say in this regard, separate from the person that is Hillary, the candidate that is Hillary, I am shocked that you would carry this story.  Do you not see what a fine line a woman must balance and even the ill that a woman would be held to higher scrutiny in this area.  This is the one place I didn't expect you of all people to go.  Perhaps it's that you despise the person so much you envy this is the first woman to have a shot.  Did you have hopes for a different?  I don't know.  I just know this part is silly and I don't see the "crying" that the media is phrasing it as.

Off the top of my head, I think Sam Nunn and George Mitchell would be good candidates, subject to them defining themselves on the issues of the day.  Didn't really learn a lot about Wes Clark, but he would be an interesting candidate too.   

So let me see if I follow this.  You're saying Hillary was criticized for not being emotional and now that she is being emotional after that criticism, that newfound public emotion isn't contrived??   

I'm not "carrying" this story.  I'm cutting and pasting reports about her fake emotion.  It isn't about me, women in general, or my views on women.  It's about Hillary.  Her personality, the fact so many people dislike her, and the timing are what make this a story. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:23 AM »
Criticizing Hillary for being "contriving"  seems silly as by definition everything a politician does is to get votes, from making a stand to pandering to the whims of the public....it's all contrived.

she is doing what she has to do to get votes, just like Bomb bomb (McCain), Obama, Huck etc... If making an unpopular stand showing resolve gets you votes, then you'll see it.  If looking to cut taxes gets you votes you hear it, if looking to establish universal health care for children will get you votes you'll see it, and if crying like a emotional bitch so you don't look like a ruthless bitch will get you votes you'll see that to. 

but i thought crying in the presidency is like crying in base ball...... ;D