Author Topic: What songs/music/bands were you listing to when you first started working out?  (Read 5464 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
That's the stuff I listened to 28 years ago when I first started working out.

Stuff I listen to for working out now is Five finger Death Punch, In Flames, Black Label Society, Opeth, Asphyx, Soilwok, Hypocrisy, Kamelot, Machine Men, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Necrophagist, Evergrey, Daath, Amorphis, Primal Fear, Kataklysm, Nile, Pain, Carcass, Scar Symmetry....blah blah.  Usually something that rocks, or is fairly aggressive; from power metal to death.

When not working out I listen to virtually any form of music.

I take it you mean you listened to rap 28 years ago or metal?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Metal dude.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
 as far as rap goes I think it's the "in" thing 4 someone to say that they don't listen to it(even if they really do or at least used to)......For me I have and always will listen to groups like the beastie boys,NWA and public enemy...I could give a damn how old I get or what people think...I have known guys that are closet rap fan...afraid/embarrassed to admit they still likes the shit(at least the old school stuff)...I feel sorry for people that don't have the balls to be who they truly are....
 that being said Metal/heavy rock are still Superior for me to listen to while lifting the iron....
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
as far as rap goes I think it's the "in" thing 4 someone to say that they don't listen to it(even if they really do or at least used to)......For me I have and always will listen to groups like the beastie boys,NWA and public enemy...I could give a damn how old I get or what people think...I have known guys thats are closet rap fan...afraid/embarrassed to admit they still likes the shit(at least the old school stuff)...I feel sorry for people that don't have the balls to be who they truly are....
 that being said Metal/heavy rock are still Superior for me to listen to while lifting the iron....

lol undercover rap listeners. Yeah they got a lot on here I can tell. They just trying to keep their user account clean. LMAO.

Fk that I listen to good sh*t....I don't care if it's rap, country, metal, gospel, reggaeton, reggae ...whatever..if it's good i'm bumpin that sh*t.   

Metal always works when I workout for some reason and when I played football (I thanks my pale skin bruthaz for that). Those white boys used to put on welcome to the jungle not giving a fu*k who cared before every football game LOUD AS HELL in the locker room in college and EVERYBODY WAS CRUNK ready to go to war when I was playing football!!! That was the sh*t!!!! LMAO. Us against the fk'n world man.  ;)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Prong...

Now it's Celine Dion and Michael Bolton

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
The ones most in rotation were Bolt Thrower (For Victory in particular), Carcass (Descanting the...), Tool (Undertow), Metallica (Justice For All), At the Gates (Slaughter...), Megadeth, Danzig.

Nowadays, if I can convince the rest of the gym to put it on, it's still older metal as most nowadays is shit. Some good new stuff of course, like 16. http://www.myspace.com/16
Acid Bath (not a new active band) , I love for workouts as well but others feel it's too slow. http://www.myspace.com/realacidbath
Yakuza http://www.myspace.com/yakuza
Kalas http://www.myspace.com/kalasoakland

And Tool's Aenima, always. One of the best albums ever, period.

big L dawg

• Getbig V

And Tool's Aenima, always. One of the best albums ever, period.

QFT!
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
DAWG

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
i thought i was club king....i was listening to a lot of house and techno/trance at the time.

johnathan peters
sasha
ect...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Ive always been very eclectic. I listened to rap, hip hop, rock, reggae, pop, techno, dance, funk, classic rock, soul, R&B, folk,

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
I used to listen to jungle/drum and bass mix tapes on my walkman.

Happy days!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
as far as rap goes I think it's the "in" thing 4 someone to say that they don't listen to it(even if they really do or at least used to)......For me I have and always will listen to groups like the beastie boys,NWA and public enemy...I could give a damn how old I get or what people think...I have known guys that are closet rap fan...afraid/embarrassed to admit they still likes the shit(at least the old school stuff)...I feel sorry for people that don't have the balls to be who they truly are....

RUN-DMC, Beasties, LL, Eric B and Rakim....

big L dawg

• Getbig V

exactly...It doesnt get any better than that when it comes to old school rap...beastie boys are still to this day in my top five list of best groups ever...
DAWG

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Sad But True- METALLICA

Haha I remember our instructor blasting this in high school body conditioning class... good LORD that's a great lifting song.  Also was hooked on old school STP (not the new whiney psychedelic shit they are putting out these days).

Other songs that got me pumped from back in the day...

Piece Of Pie- STP
When Worlds Colide- Powerman 5000
Dragula- Zombie
Of Wolf And Man- Metallica
Superbeast- Zombie
Would- Alice In Chains
Stinkfist- Tool

Too lazy to list any more from back then...

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
 Pantera, Rancid, NOFX, Black Flag, TSOL, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Op Ivy.....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
My initial gym circa 1997 only played Top 40 stuff.  Occasionally these older guys would come in and put on a Metallica CD.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
White Zombie, Rammstein, Disturbed, Motorhead

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
My initial gym circa 1997 only played Top 40 stuff.  Occasionally these older guys would come in and put on a Metallica CD.

haha

Nirvana

• Getbig V

dashriprock

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
appetite for destruction. don't know how many tapes i wore out.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

Outed.