Author Topic: Reps with a certain weight, or A certain reps with dwindeling weight?  (Read 2336 times)

Bast175

Re: Reps with a certain weight, or A certain reps with dwindeling weight?
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
i don't know of a way to prove the correct answer

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
well, true muscular failure is never reached in the gym.

if u a muscle was truly driven to the point of failure, that means it couldnt be moved anymore, right?

for example, if u were to do biceps to failure, that means once u drop that weight u wouldnt be able to flex your able anymore, which im sure no one on this board has reached that point.

failure is all relative, what might be failure for you, might not be failure for me and vice versa.

pretty much what im saying is, i dont like to use the term failure......its silly.

and another thing is, who wants to fail at anything. if ur in the gym training hard, u want to grow and succeed, not fail...........figure out another word to use ;D

ok im done, off my soapbox now :)

true muscular failure is reached right before you go to bed actually, this is when you are no longer working out and cant do shit :) silly but true

muscular failure can be reached after a long day standing and you can no longer stand or feel like standing

weightlifting is more short term muscular failure
A

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »
actually the only 100% guaranteed way to find out what fiber type u are is to get a muscle biopsy done, but thats far too expensive and far too painful to do for your purposes.

just do what alex said.

or better yet, just train bro, do what feels right and when u start growing, that means your onto something. keep doing whatever that is!

good luck

"flexingtonschmoeel"

;D .. "Schmoeel"

Yup, just train.... for example my arms aren't as dense in Type II as the rest and training super heavy just didn't "feel" right.. started  higher reps with cockesque pumps and started growing again...

lesaucer

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
just start your workout very heavy,low reps,, then gradually up the reps.. from 4 to 15 thats what i find the best, your both getting stronger and getting pumped

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 10:34:15 PM »
 muscular failure does not guarantee that all fibers were reached.. as stated before, no one has ever done that..  failure can often be from a improperly train central nervous system.. many have reached great muscular development while never training to failure.. some thrive on it.. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
;D .. "Schmoeel"

Yup, just train.... for example my arms aren't as dense in Type II as the rest and training super heavy just didn't "feel" right.. started  higher reps with cockesque pumps and started growing again...

exactly bro.

just fuckin train, plain and simple..........ppl put too much thought into this and forget that they just need to go and fuckin get it done!

"flexinontitsandsteele"