Author Topic: Election 2010: Florida Senate Florida Senate: Rubio 37%, Crist 30%, Meek 22%  (Read 457 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Election 2010: Florida Senate Florida Senate: Rubio 37%, Crist 30%, Meek 22%
Rasmussen Reports ^ | Rasmussen Reports

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:01:55 AM by Brandonmark

If Florida Governor Charlie Crist leaves the Republican Party and enters the U.S. Senate race as an independent candidate, he will begin the campaign in second place.

The latest Rasmussen Reports poll of Florida voters finds that 37% would vote for GOP frontrunner Marco Rubio, 30% for Crist and 22% for the likely Democratic nominee Kendrick Meek. That’s much closer than a month ago when Rubio had a 17-point advantage and Crist was in third place.

In a two-way race, both Rubio and Crist hold solid leads over Meek.

Rubio now leads among Republicans and unaffiliated voters with Crist in second. Among Democrats, Meek earns 46% support, while Crist picks up 33% of the Democratic vote.

Meek leads among voters under 30, Crist leads among 30-somethings, and Rubio leads among those 40 and older.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

________________________ _______________________

hhhhhmmmmm, which poster said this a few days ago? ? ?  Anybody?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i've been saying all along - If Crist runs as an independent, he will win.

He knows how to run a campaign.   Rubio possibly has a whole lot of shit about to fall on him - serious $ questions, etc.  And Crist just won the hearts of the teachers - and probably teacher union endorsement.

Lieberman couldn't win his primary, but sailed in the general election.  I think it'll be the same here.  Tea party hates crist cause he took obama money - everyone else took it too. 

If you saw the debate, you remembered Crist continually asking Rubio about the missing money and why he refuses to release his financial records like Crist did and candidates always do.  To me, Rubio is one shady dude lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Rubio is ahead by 7 points and you think he will lose? 

All Rubio needs to do is get 40% an he wins.  Christ is going to get only dem and a few mushy moderate panzies like yourself and that it and have NO MONEY to run with. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i've been saying all along - If Crist runs as an independent, he will win.

He knows how to run a campaign.   Rubio possibly has a whole lot of shit about to fall on him - serious $ questions, etc.  And Crist just won the hearts of the teachers - and probably teacher union endorsement.

Lieberman couldn't win his primary, but sailed in the general election.  I think it'll be the same here.  Tea party hates crist cause he took obama money - everyone else took it too. 

If you saw the debate, you remembered Crist continually asking Rubio about the missing money and why he refuses to release his financial records like Crist did and candidates always do.  To me, Rubio is one shady dude lol

I saw the debate and Rubio kicked his ass every step of the way.The thing I remembered is the idiot Crist said he STILL would vote for the stimulus.

Crist knows how to run a campaign but is getting slaughtered in the primary.How can that be?

The teachers union means dick as was just proven in New Jersey and with the election of Christie.They are meaningless,no one cares what they think or any other filthy union for that matter.

Im not saying Rubio wins,but if he doesnt the democrat will and the blame will be on Crist for a democrat gaining a seat and he will be finnished in politics as he should be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Cheney endorses Rubio for Senate
Posted: April 22nd, 2010 12:18 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

(CNN) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney became the latest prominent Republican to line up behind Marco Rubio's Senate campaign in Florida, issuing a strongly-wording statement Thursday casting Rubio's GOP primary rival, Gov. Charlie Crist, as an unprincipled opportunist who can't be "trusted" to stand up to President Obama.

"Washington is broken and Congress is already overflowing with politicians who need pollsters to tell them what to think," Cheney said of Crist. "It certainly doesn't need another one. Now more than ever America needs leaders with the strength of conviction."

Cheney called Rubio "a strong conservative leader." He urged Crist to either remain in the Republican primary, which he would almost certainly lose, or drop out of the race completely.

"The only winners from an independent bid by Crist would be Barack Obama and Harry Reid," Cheney said of the president and Senate Democratic Leader from Nevada.

Along with being an outspoken critic of Obama, Cheney hasn't shied away from picking sides in contested Republican primaries. His record so far in 2010, however, is a losing one. Last November, Cheney endorsed Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison in her ultimately unsuccessful primary fight for the Texas gubernatorial nomination. She was soundly defeated by Gov. Rick Perry.

In March, he endorsed Secretary of State Trey Grayson over Rand Paul in Kentucky's GOP Senate primary, scheduled for May 18.

The endorsement could nab Rubio some positive headlines after it was reported Tuesday that the former House speaker and other Florida GOP players are being investigated by the IRS over their use of state party-issued credit cards.

UPDATE 1:10 p.m.: Florida Gov. Charlie Crist reacted to the Cheney endorsement on Thursday, downplaying the effect it will have on the primary race.

"Just another Washington politician telling Florida what to do," Crist said. "I don't think Floridians appreciate it."

And when asked by local reporters if he was upset by the endorsement, Crist retorted, "Do I look upset?"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/cheney-backs-rubio/?fbid=XPBeW4MfwYo#more-100744

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i wonder if Rubio asked for this?   LOL it would seem most repubs would wish to avoid this.

Plus, the fact Cheney cupported the OTHER GUY over Rand Paul won't sit well with tea party members.

prob not a huge deal tho.