Author Topic: FDA should regulate salt, panel says.  (Read 11228 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: FDA should regulate salt, panel says.
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
To be fair, I can`t speak for anyone who uses Steroids as more protein may be beneficial to those who are on a wide array of anabolics given the activated gene expression of the many, many different drugs people use.  With that said, Nasser El Sonbaty used to ingest only around 100 grams of protein or so on a boatload of drugs and sat at 300 lbs plus for years on end.

Franco Columbu also advocates less protein, around the same as Nasser, even while he was powerlifting.

Billy, you have touched on something here as you mention the wide variance in diet practices, they are completely different yet all produce results.  This is precisely the point of my approach and fits in right alongside.  The only commonality in any cutting diet is the caloric amount, meaning the only way to get ripped is to reduce calories to the point you are burning more than you are consuming.

George Farrah`s diet does this, Palumbos does this (albeit painfully and devoid of essential nutrients from what I have seen) and mine does this.

Bottom line is, if you want to get ripped, eat less.  Simple as that.

Dave did my diet this last time.I was happy with the results BUT I wouldnt do it again.I was doing 3 hours a day of cardio.You add that to working 10 hours a day,training,going to my kids baseball games[about 150 from spring till  a summer] and it was just insane.I actually felt like the cardio was slowing my dieting process.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
But why do you think that is?If it works as you say,you would think bodybuilders would do it just to avoid the boredom of a contest diet.Why suffer if you dont have to?Ive never understood how their can be so much disagreement over foods,carbs,proteins and fats from person to person.Either one way is the best or its not.

Like I said you have Palumo who has almost the opposite approach to Farah.Why is that?
Dogma and Fear.

When people do things their way for so long, they become emotionally invested in them and cannot deviate even if what they are doing may not be optimal or enjoyable even.

They take questioning their approach as an attack on their character.  Then you hit them with Scientific evidence and fact which only deepens their hatred instead of allowing them the avenue of learning of a different approach.

Since someone has invested so much time in perhaps one school of thought (even if its not really based on evidence), they may also take it as an affront to their intelligence. Nobody wants to admit they were wrong or that there may be a better approach then what they have thought of.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
Dave did my diet this last time.I was happy with the results BUT I wouldnt do it again.I was doing 3 hours a day of cardio.You add that to working 10 hours a day,training,going to my kids baseball games[about 150 from spring till  a summer] and it was just insane.I actually felt like the cardio was slowing my dieting process.
Yah Fcku that approach.  I would be absolutely miserable eating and living like that on a treadmill.

Wavelength and I don`t bother with any cardio either.  I think Cardio can be beneficial for health certainly, but its definitely not necessary to get insanely ripped.

I`d rather adjust my calories instead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
Yah Fcku that approach.  I would be absolutely miserable eating and living like that on a treadmill.

Wavelength and I don`t bother with any cardio either.  I think Cardio can be beneficial for health certainly, but its definitely not necessary to get insanely ripped.

I`d rather adjust my calories instead.

TA - can we arrange a diet around Sam Adams and Taco Bell?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »
TA - can we arrange a diet around Sam Adams and Taco Bell?
Easily.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
Fill me in!
Here is what you will need to do.

1. Try to get .5 - 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. (as you lose weight you can keep adjusting down)  Also, don`t worry about going under or going over at times.  Just keep the average somewhere in that range.

2. I would like to know your weight right now, preferably pics which if you do send I assure you that I will NEVER post them or send them to anyone else, however they are not necessary.  Try starting with 2500 calories day in and day out and we will go from there.

3. Eating like this is very simple from Fast Foods and the like since all of their caloric information is posted online or readily available.  You know how much you are eating.  If you like to cook as I do, just add up the ingredients via weight.  A scale is your best friend and is easy to use.  I prefer digital.  www.nutritionaldata.com  www.calorieking.com and www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ are all good sites to help you get caloric data.  Not only do they have average ingredients, they have brand names and fast food amounts that you can adjust to reflect what you ate.

4. If you can, make a thread and list what you eat so I can see if you are on the right track.  If you need anything or any help I will surely provide it.  I can guarantee you will be extremely lean and you might even gain some muscle in the process.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »
Here is what you will need to do.

1. Try to get .5 - 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. (as you lose weight you can keep adjusting down)  Also, don`t worry about going under or going over at times.  Just keep the average somewhere in that range.

2. I would like to know your weight right now, preferably pics which if you do send I assure you that I will NEVER post them or send them to anyone else, however they are not necessary.  Try starting with 2500 calories day in and day out and we will go from there.

3. Eating like this is very simple from Fast Foods and the like since all of their caloric information is posted online or readily available.  You know how much you are eating.  If you like to cook as I do, just add up the ingredients via weight.  A scale is your best friend and is easy to use.  I prefer digital.  www.nutritionaldata.com  www.calorieking.com and www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ are all good sites to help you get caloric data.  Not only do they have average ingredients, they have brand names and fast food amounts that you can adjust to reflect what you ate.

4. If you can, make a thread and list what you eat so I can see if you are on the right track.  If you need anything or any help I will surely provide it.  I can guarantee you will be extremely lean and you might even gain some muscle in the process.

Cool.  Thanks.  I will do that, AFTER this weekend.  I have a hockey game, BIL coming in to town and a weekend of crap to deal with first. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
I go to a local family owned Greek place.  This lady uses enough salt in her food to kill a weak man, but it's absolutely delicious, and people love it. 

We shouldn't have the freedom to enjoy places like this anymore?
S

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »
I have been fortunate enough to work with a Troponin nutrition nutritionist for both offseason and precontest.  I will take their advice and their scientifically proven diets over yours anyday TA.  I enjoyed being lean and keeping mass thank you, you science doesn't stack up against the diets of some of the best nutritionist in this country.  I don't think a debate with your cut and paste would stand up against Justin Harris' diets that are also backed by science and real world experience. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
I have been fortunate enough to work with a Troponin nutrition nutritionist for both offseason and precontest.  I will take their advice and their scientifically proven diets over yours anyday TA.  I enjoyed being lean and keeping mass thank you, you science doesn't stack up against the diets of some of the best nutritionist in this country.  I don't think a debate with your cut and paste would stand up against Justin Harris' diets that are also backed by science and real world experience. 

Mine are backed completely and solely by Science and of course, real world experience.  I am not asking you to do what I do, I am simply asking to embrace credible Science and do not confuse things by spreading myth.

Does my method work and is it backed by Science.  Yep. 100 percent.

Your method works just as mine does because the bottom line is met- You are burning more calories than you are consuming.

Simple as that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
Mine are backed completely and solely by Science and of course, real world experience.  I am not asking you to do what I do, I am simply asking to embrace credible Science and do not confuse things by spreading myth.

Does my method work and is it backed by Science.  Yep. 100 percent.

Your method works just as mine does because the bottom line is met- You are burning more calories than you are consuming.

Simple as that.
you can consume alot more "clean" food than you can fast food and still be under your caloric output...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »
you can consume alot more "clean" food than you can fast food and still be under your caloric output...
What do you mean by "clean" and "more"?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
What do you mean by "clean" and "more"?
you can consume more 90/10 meat than 80/20 and still end up with the same calorie count...you take it from there as this extends to all foods in your diet

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
you can consume more 90/10 meat than 80/20 and still end up with the same calorie count...you take it from there as this extends to all foods in your diet

Sometimes I would rather trade the small savings for taste.  That extra 10 percent of fat does keep it from sticking on the grill.  Besides the fat content makes it pretty filling.  :)

Nothing wrong with either one though.  I eat all types and sometimes pick up the 90/10 if the 80/20 is out or if the 90/10 is cheaper than the 80/20.

Ground Beef rules.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
Adam can't stop thinking about himself as is evidenced with another thread derailed by his constant "me, me, me" attitude. Fill your diet with nothing but Coke, white bread and pepperoni sticks for all we care, you'll get cancer of the rectum but you'll look great in your coffin. Moron.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
I listened to Suicidal Tendencies while doing sets of 315 on the incline bench tonight. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
I listened to Suicidal Tendencies while doing sets of 315 on the incline bench tonight. 

Right on. I love the old stuff. After Lights, Camera it all went downhill for me, but everything before that kicks fugging ass. If this tune didn't get you psyched, you're fucking dead.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »
Sometimes I would rather trade the small savings for taste.  That extra 10 percent of fat does keep it from sticking on the grill.  Besides the fat content makes it pretty filling.  :)

Nothing wrong with either one though.  I eat all types and sometimes pick up the 90/10 if the 80/20 is out or if the 90/10 is cheaper than the 80/20.

Ground Beef rules.

Good luck with that.  You're setting yourself up for some rough golden years. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »

Ground Beef rules.
I agree ground chuck can make some pretty tasty burgers...point is though cleaner foods allow you to eat more of them while still coming in under your caloric expenditure...eating 3 big mac meals a day will probably put you over...while eating 3 homemade burgers may not so you might be able to enjoy a fourth or a small snack...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »
I agree ground chuck can make some pretty tasty burgers...point is though cleaner foods allow you to eat more of them while still coming in under your caloric expenditure...eating 3 big mac meals a day will probably put you over...while eating 3 homemade burgers may not so you might be able to enjoy a fourth or a small snack...
Nah, my homemade burgers come in at 840 calories each.  A Big Mac is 540.  Of course I could make my burgers smaller or any size and not put Mayo in them, but that kind of ruins the taste.

Quick Fact: A Big Mac has less cholesterol than a 6 ounce Chicken Breast.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
Adam can't stop thinking about himself as is evidenced with another thread derailed by his constant "me, me, me" attitude. Fill your diet with nothing but Coke, white bread and pepperoni sticks for all we care, you'll get cancer of the rectum but you'll look great in your coffin. Moron.
As I said, I am willing to put your diet against mine, Nutrient to Nutrient.

I will do all the work, just tell me EXACTLY what you ate.  The foods you listed do not cause or lead to cancer especially when food variance is high.

On a given day for instance, my fiber content is around 30-50.  Most "bodybuilder" diets are severely lacking in this area.  They also lack Calcium because they tend to avoid milk and cheese and they lack many anti-oxidants because they avoid fruits or fruit based food products.

Thats where the beauty of Food Science comes in again.  Don`t let any misinformed liberal or conservative tell you any different.  Just examine the Science for yourself. You have people on this very site falsely demonizing corn syrup when the Science is NOT on their side whatsoever.  They have what I call active imaginations and do not realize that there is no causation to their wacky correlations.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
Nah, my homemade burgers come in at 840 calories each.  A Big Mac is 540.  Of course I could make my burgers smaller or any size and not put Mayo in them, but that kind of ruins the taste.

Quick Fact: A Big Mac has less cholesterol than a 6 ounce Chicken Breast.
LOL depends on how you make it...and a big mac plus fries plus a coke comes in at what?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 08:08:26 PM »
6 oz chicken breast = 130 milligrams

Big Mac has just over 3 oz of meat in it= 73 milligrams

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
LOL depends on how you make it...and a big mac plus fries plus a coke comes in at what?
Why not get a diet coke or no coke.

Why not get a small fries or just a Big Mac?

Or you could get the whole thing and then adjust your calories accordingly for whatever else you are going to eat.