Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161214 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »
I've learned since 1999 not to hype up these movies.  I'm going in with low expectations....especial ly after I saw Tracy Morgan has a lightsaber in this one.

Same here.  Saw the original over 50x in 1977-78.  Phantom Menace was beyond bad.  This one has some potential, but I refuse to buy into hype.  The Hebrew character seems like a force fit... no pun intended.  Few more months and we'll see.  I'm taking all my direct reports to the matinee on Dec 18th... they're all Star Wars fans.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2015, 06:55:59 AM »
Same here.  Saw the original over 50x in 1977-78.  Phantom Menace was beyond bad.  This one has some potential, but I refuse to buy into hype.  The Hebrew character seems like a force fit... no pun intended.  Few more months and we'll see.  I'm taking all my direct reports to the matinee on Dec 18th... they're all Star Wars fans.

Welcome to Disney PC bullshit.  Disney loves pushing the Strong Female agenda.  Just look at all of their cartoons like Frozen, Brave, Inside out etc....  They are all female heroes.  Then they push in the Hebrew and a bunch of Jews.  Disney bullshit at its best.

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2015, 07:28:27 AM »
Then they push in the Hebrew and a bunch of Jews.  Disney bullshit at its best.

I don't mind hebrews, but I still can't get over the fact that of all the blacks they've chosen the one with neanderthal cranium. :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2015, 07:33:43 AM »

That's a cool move on your behalf.

I am buying into the hype.  But only because the hype just validates how I've felt after seeing each trailer.  In other words, I'm not influenced by it.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2015, 07:37:05 AM »
That's a cool move on your behalf.

I am buying into the hype.  But only because the hype just validates how I've felt after seeing each trailer.  In other words, I'm not influenced by it.

I agree.

IT'S STAR WARS! Not another Hollywood remake.
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:08 AM »
I don't mind hebrews, but I still can't get over the fact that of all the blacks they've chosen the one with neanderthal cranium. :-\

The fact he is always sweaty and breathing heavy?  The little cute girl who is the big hero.  Fucking lame shit.  made for kids movie and promoting the female agenda and interracial cuckolding.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
LOL... Regal, AMC, iPic, Arclight, Fandango, and movietickets.com are all down right now from traffic...

Lot of nerds out there.

Not Nerds but resellers.  Wait for those tickets to be on stubhub or other sites at 2 to 5x the price.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2015, 09:28:49 AM »

Part of the magic of the first film is Darth Vader.  This villain who you're supposed to hate but end up wanting to be.  The introduction of some bad ass characters and animals, talking robots etc...  It was a fantasy gone wild movie.  Also at the time space exploration was relatively new so seeing other planets, space fights etc... opened up the imagination.If the original Star Wars was never made until 2015 and released people would be laughing at it compared to that dumb Mars or Intersellar movie but the timing was perfect for when it came out.  The empire strikes back took it up a notch.  Not too many movies at the time had the bad guys winning from start to finish.  People kept waiting for the moment that the good guys would have their comeback but it never came.  It left people speechless and couple that with the big revelation it was a big WTF! mind blown moment.  Jedi was a piece of shit but it followed the success of two great films.  The entire Ewok sequence needs to be removed from the movie.  I just can't see JJ Abrams capturing a lot of those magical moments.  It might end up being a great film but a year from now no one will be talking about it or quoting shit from it.  Knowing Disney, they'll insert some of that kitchy humor they put in the Avengers.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
Part of the magic of the first film is Darth Vader.  This villain who you're supposed to hate but end up wanting to be.  The introduction of some bad ass characters and animals, talking robots etc...  It was a fantasy gone wild movie.  Also at the time space exploration was relatively new so seeing other planets, space fights etc... opened up the imagination.If the original Star Wars was never made until 2015 and released people would be laughing at it compared to that dumb Mars or Intersellar movie but the timing was perfect for when it came out.  The empire strikes back took it up a notch.  Not too many movies at the time had the bad guys winning from start to finish.  People kept waiting for the moment that the good guys would have their comeback but it never came.  It left people speechless and couple that with the big revelation it was a big WTF! mind blown moment.  Jedi was a piece of shit but it followed the success of two great films.  The entire Ewok sequence needs to be removed from the movie.  I just can't see JJ Abrams capturing a lot of those magical moments.  It might end up being a great film but a year from now no one will be talking about it or quoting shit from it.  Knowing Disney, they'll insert some of that kitchy humor they put in the Avengers.

Unfortunately, I think you hit the nail on the head.

With this new trilogy:  It is assumed that Luke will be introduced at the end of this film, but I believe that the BIG CLIMAX of the next film (#8) will be his death at the hands of his son/nephew, Kylo Ren (speculation). Movie #8 will have a dark ending just like Empire Strikes Back.
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #384 on: October 20, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »
Knowing Disney, they'll insert some of that kitchy humor they put in the Avengers.

That's always been part of SW.  It's just that it was more enjoyable at ages 8-12
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #385 on: October 20, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »
Unfortunately, I think you hit the nail on the head.

With this new trilogy:  It is assumed that Luke will be introduced at the end of this film, but I believe that the BIG CLIMAX of the next film (#8) will be his death at the hands of his son/nephew, Kylo Ren (speculation). Movie #8 will have a dark ending just like Empire Strikes Back.

The only way this can lead to a sequel that has people waiting and wondering will be if the "good guy" is never really clear and the bad guys dominate the whole movie making you wonder what the hell is going on.  If its a movie about good guys teaming up to beat the bad guy and he loses at the end no one will care to see a second movie.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #386 on: October 20, 2015, 09:47:19 AM »
The only way this can lead to a sequel that has people waiting and wondering will be if the "good guy" is never really clear and the bad guys dominate the whole movie making you wonder what the hell is going on.  If its a movie about good guys teaming up to beat the bad guy and he loses at the end no one will care to see a second movie.

The director for 8 did good movies in the past like Brick and Looper , as well as what is considered the best episode of Breaking Bad, and possibly all TV, Ozmandias.

They're off to a good start.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #387 on: October 20, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
The director for 8 did good movies in the past like Brick and Looper , as well as what is considered the best episode of Breaking Bad, and possibly all TV, Ozmandias.

They're off to a good start.

The fact I have no fucking clue what Brick and Looper is just goes to show that this is targeted at the generation facebook nothingness crowd.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #388 on: October 20, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
Actually looks like that Chewbacca is the one who dies in this film, rather than Han Solo as previously speculated. They might both die, but if you pause the trailer when that chick is crying, you can see that it's Chewie she is crying over.

Maybe  ??? ??? ???
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #389 on: October 20, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »
The fact I have no fucking clue what Brick and Looper is just goes to show that this is targeted at the generation facebook nothingness crowd.

No, it means you didn't see any good, non blockbuster type movies.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #390 on: October 20, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »
No, it means you didn't see any good, non blockbuster type movies.

Brick and Looper are blockbuster?  are you 16 years old?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #391 on: October 20, 2015, 09:54:43 AM »
Brick and Looper are blockbuster?  are you 16 years old?

Read it again slowly...."NON blockbuster".
Y

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: October 20, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »
Never saw brick, but Looper was a good movie.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #393 on: October 20, 2015, 10:51:18 AM »
Wonder how much of this is true:

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.

Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.

Feel the force!

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

So who will be the two bad guys?  Seems a sith lord cannot exist without his apprentice and visa versa.  Is the new girl the daughter of Leia and Han Solo?  How would the Hebrew get Jedi skillz if the skywalkers are the last remaining?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #394 on: October 20, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
Wonder how much of this is true:

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.

Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.

Feel the force!

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

So who will be the two bad guys?  Seems a sith lord cannot exist without his apprentice and visa versa.  Is the new girl the daughter of Leia and Han Solo?  How would the Hebrew get Jedi skillz if the skywalkers are the last remaining?

"There has been an awakening... have you felt it?"

Who knows how the Force works, but it has been 30 years since. The Hebrew could have been born a force sensitive
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #395 on: October 20, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »
"There has been an awakening... have you felt it?"

Who knows how the Force works, but it has been 30 years since. The Hebrew could have been born a force sensitive

Could be the force enlisted affirmative action.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #396 on: October 20, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

New girl's weapon is perfectly parallel to Kylo Ren's lightsaber.....she might be the one they're trying to sway.

Maybe's there's not two yet.....this might just be the start of it - trying not to read anything.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #397 on: October 20, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »
New girl's weapon is perfectly parallel to Kylo Ren's lightsaber.....she might be the one they're trying to sway.

Maybe's there's not two yet.....this might just be the start of it - trying not to read anything.

Jedis create their own lightsabers I believe , so the fact she has one meant she must have some jedi skill in her to build one.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Cast Revealed
« Reply #398 on: October 20, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »
Exactly.  Palpatine was killed, Vader died and the death star was blown up, but the empire spanned the galaxy.

Palpatine wasn't actually killed, well just that clone was.  The emperor cloned himself.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2015, 11:06:49 AM »
The little cute girl who is the big hero.  Fucking lame shit.  made for kids movie and promoting the female agenda and interracial cuckolding.

Boom, there it is.