Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161213 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2015, 07:38:03 AM »
Thanks Disney!  >:(

a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »
I can be as big a Nerd as any here and have a childhood friend that was in some of the  original Star Wars films.  I liked those movies.  The next three were poo and have pretty much turned me off this newest one. My daughter said she will be seeing it and loves to tease me about it.

I find the film (on the surface) to be PC and so I will avoid it.  I don't watch much TV for the same lame reasoning.  

By the way, I got my turntables set up and bought some nice vinyl to play on them, including some Vince Guaraldi, Chet Baker and Coltrane and Hartman and one of my fave girl vocalists the Misty Miss Christy - June Christy.

So I got that goin' for me....Which is nice.   ;D

I think the new one will be very much worth seeing, as it picks up after Jedi. I'm with you, though, those three video game prequels were completely unwatchable, should've never been made. But JJ Abrams is helming here, and he did wonders with the fairly recent Star Treks, so it's in very capable hands.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2015, 11:30:36 AM »
Collider Jedi Council guys couldn't yet review the film, but all that saw it said go see it it's worth the wait.

Others have said it's on par with Empire....a w  e  s  o  m  e.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Collider Jedi Council guys couldn't yet review the film, but all that saw it said go see it it's worth the wait.

You do realize those who've seen it all work for Disney Corp don't you?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: December 15, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »
You do realize those who've seen it all work for Disney Corp don't you?

Sure do and their opinions on all Star Wars films, Marvel films, DC films, etc....all typically align with mine.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #756 on: December 15, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »

I'll hold my judgment until Harry Knowles reports on how many boners/orgasms the movie gave him.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
I'll hold my judgment until Harry Knowles reports on how many boners/orgasms the movie gave him.

LOL, now there's an opinion that typically doesn't align with mine.

His review will be 25,000 words and 24,500 of them will be about his childhood and Star Wars collection.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #758 on: December 15, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
I'll hold my judgement until Jason Blaha reviews it.

He usually aligns with the moon.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »
LOL, now there's an opinion that typically doesn't align with mine.

His review will be 25,000 words and 24,500 of them will be about his childhood and Star Wars collection.

Hahaha, exactly! He always does that. He'll start the review of some obscure Hungarian horror movie from the 70s with ten paragraphs on how the movie changed his life when he  was a kid.

Easily excitable man.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: December 15, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »
Hahaha, exactly! He always does that. He'll start the review of some obscure Hungarian horror movie from the 70s with ten paragraphs on how the movie changed his life when he  was a kid.

Easily excitable man.

LOL exactly!!  Often times I just jump to the comments section of his reviews because I don't want to read 30 minutes about his entire collection of Taco Man  comic books from '72-'74 and how they changed his life and parallel his review of The Lord of the Rings.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #761 on: December 15, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
LOL exactly!!  Often times I just jump to the comments section of his reviews because I don't want to read 30 minutes about his entire collection of Taco Man  comic books from '72-'74 and how they changed his life and parallel his review of The Lord of the Rings.

;D

Yeah, the comments section is where it's at. He gets slaughtered there. Can't blame them to be fair. Harry is corrupt as fuck. If he gets some little trinket from the movie studio, like a Green Lantern ring (man did he love that thing), he will write a glowing review. And he loves EVERYTHING. Never seen a shitty movie that he didn't love it seems like.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: December 15, 2015, 02:05:51 PM »
;D

Yeah, the comments section is where it's at. He gets slaughtered there. Can't blame them to be fair. Harry is corrupt as fuck. If he gets some little trinket from the movie studio, like a Green Lantern ring (man did he love that thing), he will write a glowing review. And he loves EVERYTHING. Never seen a shitty movie that he didn't love it seems like.

I've seen him come back to a movie years later and finally say, "yeah, in hindsight it wasn't their best effort and could've been so much more." 

When the original review said, "So spaztastically giddy over the new Green Lantern I pee-pee'd my leg twice!!  Wonderful adaption of the comic book and far beyond my wildest dreams.  Ryan Reynolds was every bit of Hal Jordan and fully embodied my 200-figure GL collection of Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart lanterns!!  I'd say this movie is certainly Oscar worthy and in the same category as Apocalypse Now, Casablanca and Raging Bull!!  Run out and see it 14 times in a row like I did!!"

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #763 on: December 15, 2015, 08:00:41 PM »
I had some friends who got in yesterday.

I'm hearing a few things I don't like, but overall it may come close to A New Hope, but not Empire.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #764 on: December 15, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
Premiere then and now

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #765 on: December 15, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »
I've seen him come back to a movie years later and finally say, "yeah, in hindsight it wasn't their best effort and could've been so much more." 

When the original review said, "So spaztastically giddy over the new Green Lantern I pee-pee'd my leg twice!!  Wonderful adaption of the comic book and far beyond my wildest dreams.  Ryan Reynolds was every bit of Hal Jordan and fully embodied my 200-figure GL collection of Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart lanterns!!  I'd say this movie is certainly Oscar worthy and in the same category as Apocalypse Now, Casablanca and Raging Bull!!  Run out and see it 14 times in a row like I did!!"

Haha, that made me laugh ;D Like reading an actual HK review.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2015, 06:46:06 AM »
I had some friends who got in yesterday.

I'm hearing a few things I don't like, but overall it may come close to A New Hope, but not Empire.

Given we're only getting a few minutes of Master Jedi Skywalker (most likely in flashback) this is what I expected.  This movie the Resistance is searching for Luke.   I love Han, but I loved Star Wars for Vader and Luke so I'll enjoy this film for what it is and nostalgia it brings and enjoy more Jedi Master Luke stuff in the next film.

That said, it's a good movie....real good, but not Empire great.   Don't even know how they could recreate the awesomeness of Empire?

Snoke's origins aren't revealed either from what I've read.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2015, 07:03:01 AM »
For those of you who are going to watch it this week don't click on reviews on CNN.  Some reviewer basically wrote out the entire movie plot, spoilers and all without even giving a spoiler alert.  After reading the review I feel like I saved $15.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
I have read some reviews.

It's basically a remake of the first two ones. Same plot devices. Nothing you haven't seen before.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2015, 09:17:14 AM »
For those of you who are going to watch it this week don't click on reviews on CNN.  Some reviewer basically wrote out the entire movie plot, spoilers and all without even giving a spoiler alert.  After reading the review I feel like I saved $15.

Thanks for that actually.  I don't mind some spoilers, but I don't need to know everything.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2015, 09:19:00 AM »
I have read some reviews.

It's basically a remake of the first two ones. Same plot devices. Nothing you haven't seen before.

Kylo Ren is Reys father?

Finn is Landos son?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #771 on: December 16, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »

Kylo Ren is Reys father?

Finn is Landos son?

Finn has to be.  Apparently in this new "diverse" universe there's still only one Hebrew.  I appreciate the fact Abrams was trying to be PC and all but when they still just have one it's a pitty coin to the PC crowd.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Would be nice if "Snoke" is revealed to be Jar Jar "Tyrone" Binks after removing the hood at the end of the movie.

So it was the Jamaican who was the mastermind behind it all!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #773 on: December 16, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »
Given we're only getting a few minutes of Master Jedi Skywalker (most likely in flashback) this is what I expected.

Not even this.

A quick flashback/Rey's vision of him touching R2-D2's dome and the very end up on a hill.

No lines.

Snoke's origins aren't revealed either from what I've read.

Nope. He is never even specifically referred to as Snoke even though one of the tracks on the soundtrack is called Snoke.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #774 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »

Not even this.

A quick flashback/Rey's vision of him touching R2-D2's dome and the very end up on a hill.

No lines.

Nope. He is never even specifically referred to as Snoke even though one of the tracks on the soundtrack is called Snoke.

Is it pronounced S NO CK or SNOW KEY?