Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161220 times)

K A N N I B A L

• Getbig II
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #800 on: December 17, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »
Just saw it....was very good...

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #801 on: December 17, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
Exceeded my expectations.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #802 on: December 17, 2015, 08:31:03 PM »
Piss on this movie.  it's plot is too much of a copy of episode 4 and it shamelessly panders to everybody who never gave a fuck about star wars (women and black people) to get their money too, lol

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #803 on: December 17, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »
Piss on this movie.  it's plot is too much of a copy of episode 4 and it shamelessly panders to everybody who never gave a fuck about star wars (women and black people) to get their money too, lol

It's actually a good choice from a monetary standpoint.

Back when i saw the first Star Wars (A new hope), not many women or kneeguls saw it, now fast forward to today and they even got the women and brews paying to see it!

Using a near-identical story as well! :D

That's brilliance. Talk about a selling franchise.

I wish i had come up with Star Wars, then i'd afford going to every Kai greene one-man-show and even afford buying my own white towels instead of borrowing used ones.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #804 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »
Great movie..
Just saw it ...
Going to go see it again..
A must watch movie..

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #805 on: December 18, 2015, 02:44:53 AM »
It was beautiful, visually.

Saw it in IMAX. It captures what was amazing about the original trilogy, visually stunning cinematography. Even with those stupid 3d glasses on...
For the way this movie was hyped up, it didn't let me down. It didn't seem to let 300+ fans in the theater down either.
Sure, the story line wasn't unique (and their were TONS of unique storylines in the EU), but it shit all over the prequels.
Highly recommend, especially if you have children. I think they would be blown away and taken to a fantastic world that we enjoyed as kids.

and if you wanna bitch about the main characters being a woman and a Hebrew, just remember that it could have easily been something like Jar Jar Binks
a

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: December 18, 2015, 02:46:43 AM »
and if you wanna bitch about the main characters being a woman and a Hebrew, just remember that it could have easily been something like Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar Binks was a Hebrew as well, Jamaican.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: December 18, 2015, 10:34:36 AM »

Great point...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #808 on: December 18, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
Was the IMAX version worth seeing?

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #809 on: December 18, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
This movie was a disappointment. The casting was terrible. The 2 main actors could not act to save their life. And Kylo Ren was a joke. The story was slow and predictable. Hardly anyone in the audience cheered for anything. When the new death star was blown up, there was basically silence in the theatre. This told me that most people thought like myself that this was a whatever movie that we will all forget like we did with the 3 prequels. It will make a ton of money because every Star Wars fan will go see it, and most will talk about how good they thought it was. But over time, people will come back down and realize it was a piece of crap. A C movie at best. Just being honest and I went into the theatre wanting to love it :(

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #810 on: December 18, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »

Saw it in IMAX. It captures what was amazing about the original trilogy, visually stunning cinematography. Even with those stupid 3d glasses on...
For the way this movie was hyped up, it didn't let me down. It didn't seem to let 300+ fans in the theater down either.
Sure, the story line wasn't unique (and their were TONS of unique storylines in the EU), but it shit all over the prequels.
Highly recommend, especially if you have children. I think they would be blown away and taken to a fantastic world that we enjoyed as kids.

To me, Finn did remind me of Jar Jar Binks. His acting was terrible and he was annoying as hell. He was so bad, I couldn't even root for him. I could have cared less if his character lived or died. Let some time pass and you will get over all the hype you had built up in your head and you will realize that this movie is no better than the prequels. Sorry, just being honest

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #811 on: December 18, 2015, 12:21:20 PM »
This movie was a disappointment. The casting was terrible. The 2 main actors could not act to save their life. And Kylo Ren was a joke. The story was slow and predictable. Hardly anyone in the audience cheered for anything. When the new death star was blown up, there was basically silence in the theatre. This told me that most people thought like myself that this was a whatever movie that we will all forget like we did with the 3 prequels. It will make a ton of money because every Star Wars fan will go see it, and most will talk about how good they thought it was. But over time, people will come back down and realize it was a piece of crap. A C movie at best. Just being honest and I went into the theatre wanting to love it :(

Not shocked.  Disney pulled a fast one.  They previewed the movie to a bunch of Disney, ABC and ESPN stars and had them "review" it first and all were spewing good shit because they knew better than to piss off Bob Iger.  Then they used every media outlet they owned and pawned this movie off like crazy.  I know a lot of people that were interested in seeing and later on got so sick of the constant Ads for it ended up not wanting to see it.  The commercial showing the chick running gritting her teeth like she's pushing out a turd was enough for me to not want to watch her.  Don't get me labeled as a Star Wars hater.  I loved the movies.  Own them on all formats, have figures and such of characters.  I just don't like the hype they've tried to build.  Usually when they overhype a movie its because its a pile of turd and they know the word of mouth won't be positive so they're trying to get all the lemmings in early.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #812 on: December 18, 2015, 12:26:52 PM »

That's not saying much.  Dumb and Dumber 2 shit all over the Star Wars ep 1-3.  Not something to be bragging about.

I don't get why most MEN who like Star Wars are defending the little chick with her brew sidekick as the main actors.  Seems strange

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #813 on: December 18, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
I love this review I read on cnn.com

"The film currently holds a near perfect 95% score on review site, RottenTomatoes.com, and has many fans calling it the best film in the series since 1983's "Return of the Jedi."

It's like saying the new Godfather 3 is the best Godfather since Part 2.

What the fuck!?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #814 on: December 18, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »

Kwon_2 ain't lying.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #815 on: December 18, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
The scene where that thing happens to that person was sad.  >:(
A

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: December 18, 2015, 02:34:58 PM »
Heard it's pretty bad except for those who loved Harry Potter, Avatar, etc. i.e. those who follow anything because it's "in" which is why it will get huge ratings despite being a bad movie.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #817 on: December 18, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
I've heard it's great and I've heard it's terrible.  

For me I throw out the best reviews and worst reviews immediately....these folks wrote their reviews before seeing the film.  

Then I look at the nerd reviews and throw out the diehard SW fan reviews immediately....these folks are never satisfied.  

I look for the reviews from the average Joes that grew up with the original films, owned some toys, pretended to be Jedis, stiill love the films today but don't dress up for comicon, read every EU novel, own 10 $250 lightsabers, etc.....when the majority of those folks said the film was good then it's probably pretty good.  And so far those folks say it's pretty good.....as good as ROTJ but not quite as good as ESB.

Rarely am I let down by fans like myself.  I often completely disagree with "professional critics" as well.  

That said, I'm seeing the movie on Christmas and can't wait because it's STAR WARS!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #818 on: December 18, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
I've heard it's great and I've heard it's terrible.  

For me I throw out the best reviews and worst reviews immediately....these folks wrote their reviews before seeing the film.  

Then I look at the nerd reviews and throw out the diehard SW fan reviews immediately....these folks are never satisfied.  

I look for the reviews from the average Joes that grew up with the original films, owned some toys, pretended to be Jedis, stiill love the films today but don't dress up for comicon, read every EU novel, own 10 $250 lightsabers, etc.....when the majority of those folks said the film was good then it's probably pretty good.  And so far those folks say it's pretty good.....as good as ROTJ but not quite as good as ESB.

Rarely am I let down by fans like myself.  I often completely disagree with "professional critics" as well.  

That said, I'm seeing the movie on Christmas and can't wait because it's STAR WARS!!!
yep, it is getting great reviews. Star Wars fans are quick to let you know if the movie would suck
A

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: December 18, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
the movie was great..
It made $63 million on Thursday night..
Looking forward to episode 8 coming out in 2018..
As long as it make money..
The star wars universe will continue and disney will make more movies..
That is what matters.. there are always going to be critics and bad reviews..
Cant please 100% of the population...
Rogue one in 2016
Han Solo origins in 2017
And then episode 8 in 2018..
 8)

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #820 on: December 18, 2015, 05:46:28 PM »
Oh Boy!!....The nerdiness awaits.....

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: December 18, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
Apparently the Star Wars-formula never grows old or out of style.

Maybe in 30 years we will have next revitalization of the franchise, but that time, the main characters will be a black transexual wheelchair-ridden vegan and an obese woman that is a blind one-legged pansexual muslim.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #822 on: December 18, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #823 on: December 18, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
Apparently the Star Wars-formula never grows old or out of style.

Maybe in 30 years we will have next revitalization of the franchise, but that time, the main characters will be a black transexual wheelchair-ridden vegan and an obese woman that is a blind one-legged pansexual muslim.

The "Star Wars" formula is taken from myths. Read Joseph Campbell's, A Hero With 1000 Faces. Star Wars is a carbon copy.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #824 on: December 18, 2015, 11:12:10 PM »