Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161219 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2015, 06:21:49 AM »
Tremendous hype surrounding this movie.  I've heard good things from friends that saw it, but average reviews from critics.  I remember the geeks/nerds loved Phantom Menace when it first came out, but that sentiment turned around quickly.  It will be in theaters for the next 6 months, I'm in no rush to see it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »

I was the only one walking out when the movie ended. Everyone was waiting for a post credit scene.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
I was the only one walking out when the movie ended. Everyone was waiting for a post credit scene.

Getbiggers always breaking the mold and not following the "sheeple."  :) :)
X

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #828 on: December 19, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
Tremendous hype surrounding this movie.  I've heard good things from friends that saw it, but average reviews from critics.  I remember the geeks/nerds loved Phantom Menace when it first came out, but that sentiment turned around quickly.  It will be in theaters for the next 6 months, I'm in no rush to see it.

Exactly, people were creaming their pants when the Phantom Menace came out.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »

The movie has a 95% approval rating on rotten tomatoes from critics.  That's an extremely well reviewed movie.  There will always be the occasional person that it doesn't connect with.

Saw it today - MOS - you will love it.  It was extremely well done and cast (sorry to disappoint EDB).

It mixed in the correct blend of nostalgia, humor, story and action, although they did bend a bit heavy in the direction of the old movies.

The movie definitely fits as the next chapter to the original trilogy.  I thought it was great.
Y

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »
For a casual fan of the first 3 movies it was good.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
The movie has a 95% approval rating on rotten tomatoes from critics.  That's an extremely well reviewed movie.  There will always be the occasional person that it doesn't connect with.

Saw it today - MOS - you will love it.  It was extremely well done and cast (sorry to disappoint EDB).

It mixed in the correct blend of nostalgia, humor, story and action, although they did bend a bit heavy in the direction of the old movies.

The movie definitely fits as the next chapter to the original trilogy.  I thought it was great.
Yep, I glad they didn't go cartoony like the prequels.
A

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Didn't stay thru all the end credits..
Is there a post credit scene?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »
Didn't say thru all the end credits..
Is there a post credit scene?

Nope.
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »

SWEET!!!!  I gotta wait until Christmas afternoon!!

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
Just saw it. Decent. Great special effects. One thing is for sure, time has not been kind to Skywalker and the Princess.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »
just saw it , great movie, however with all the similarities to A New Hope, this can very well be what hollywood calls "REMAKE" or "REBOOT"

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
just saw it , great movie, however with all the similarities to A New Hope, this can very well be what hollywood calls "REMAKE" or "REBOOT"
Adaptation or influence by
A

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: December 19, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »
ok, at this point i guess if you read the thread your looking for spoilers so,

at the start of the movie , kylo's way with the force is so advanced he is able to stop a laser blaster in mid air, is able to draw information from peoples brains , was trained briefly by Luke Skywalker and now snoko? Yet was having a struggling to beat FIN and not only got out forced for the lightsaber by REY and then later in battle

i mean i know he was shot , but still

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #839 on: December 19, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »

at the start of the movie , kylo's way with the force is so advanced he is able to stop a laser blaster in mid air, is able to draw information from peoples brains , was trained briefly by Luke Skywalker and now snoko? Yet was having a struggling to beat FIN and not only got out forced for the lightsaber by REY and then later in battle

I believe his force is weaken because he is conflicted. Rey is strong in the force with no training at all. She is maybe related to luke some how.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #840 on: December 19, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »
I believe his force is weaken because he is conflicted. Rey is strong in the force with no training at all. She is maybe related to luke some how.

yea the flashback she had of Luke on r2d2 makes you think maybe she had some prior training by luke as a child and left there on that planet for her protection

but they did make it a point on a few occasion to inform the watchers how strong and deadly a wookie blaster was , i suppose that will be the main thing everyone will point at as the reason Kylo was weak was cus of the crossbow blast to the gut

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #841 on: December 19, 2015, 09:10:07 PM »

Powerconsistency of Peace.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2015, 05:42:58 AM »

It's not a remake or reboot - it's a different story and has original characters with referrals to the past.

It's just a similar story arch.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2015, 05:44:32 AM »

That bugged me  too at first, but I forgot about being shot AND Rey was already seemed at expert level with the the bostick, so I got over it.  Plus, I think Ren is supposed to be weak and conflicted, as it was pointed out.
Y

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2015, 06:01:33 AM »
Great point...
At the end snook tells the commander to bring kylo so he can complete / finish his training..
Unlike like Vader.. Ren has a lot of trouble controlling his temper / anger..
Similar to the same problem Anakin had until the emperor took full control of
Anakin and turned him into Vader..
I have feeling Ren will follow the same path of Vader... and will see a change in appearance in the next movies..

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2015, 06:05:21 AM »
That bugged me  too at first, but I forgot about being shot AND Rey was already seemed at expert level with the the bostick, so I got over it.  Plus, I think Ren is supposed to be weak and conflicted, as it was pointed out.

yea, she was well trained in fighting with the bostick and was also trained as a pilot , some definitely took her under their wing as a child

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2015, 06:07:01 AM »
yea, she was well trained in fighting with the bostick and was also trained as a pilot , some definitely took her under their wing as a child

POSSIBLE SPOILER for those who haven't seen it.

Yeah agree - something's up.  Remember when she was asked how she did something and said "I don't know".  Easy answer seems to be she's Luke's daughter - I she had an helmet that looked like it could be luke's in the beginning.
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
POSSIBLE SPOILER for those who haven't seen it.

Yeah agree - something's up.  Remember when she was asked how she did something and said "I don't know".  Easy answer seems to be she's Luke's daughter - I she had an helmet that looked like it could be luke's in the beginning.

or it wouldnt surprise me if ol ben kenobi fucked a Tusken Raider back in his days , and she is the granddaughter of that

yea def looked like lukes xwing helmet

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2015, 06:29:23 AM »

or it wouldnt surprise me if ol ben kenobi fucked a Tusken Raider back in his days , and she is the granddaughter of that

Well, I'd imagine he got lonely out there in the sand, so it was that or a Jawa.

That would explain  the skills with the bo staff.   
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
so much was made about  Captain Phasma , and she a total no show the entire movie , got knocked the fuck out by chewi