Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161217 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #875 on: December 21, 2015, 07:39:15 AM »
One Sith that was never prone to tantrums or was conflicted was Darth (Vlad Tepes) Tyranus.

How'd that work out for him?
Y

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #876 on: December 21, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
Cool, calm, calculated.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #877 on: December 21, 2015, 07:42:18 AM »
How'd that work out for him?

Then again, he was never as powerful as Vader.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #878 on: December 21, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »

Do not waste money on 3D though because there are no 3D elements to the movie. IMAX in my town was showing 3D. Money gouging. Still visually stunning.

???

You sure you put the glasses on?

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #879 on: December 21, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »
Spoilers
It good, Liked it...was solid. But...

Lots of borrowed scenes from IV and V.

Little easy trust for a stormtrooper in the beginning? A trap, hello?

DeathStar again, only bigger. Kylos fluctuating pover levels?

She seemed angry with the saber. Anger->Pain->Hate-> [ insert imperial march ]

I think it is a given shes Lukes. Anakins Lightsaber, then Lukes, now calls to her.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #880 on: December 21, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »
Spoilers
It good, Liked it...was solid. But...

Lots of borrowed scenes from IV and V.

Little easy trust for a stormtrooper in the beginning? A trap, hello?

DeathStar again, only bigger. Kylos fluctuating pover levels?

She seemed angry with the saber. Anger->Pain->Hate-> [ insert imperial march ]

I think it is a given shes Lukes. Anakins Lightsaber, then Lukes, now calls to her.

Probably why Lucas wasn't included in the story.  They wanted to reboot/reinvent this series and needed to relaunch it in a different way and not just make it a true continuation of part 7.  Part 8 she'll probably struggle with who she is and be swayed back and forth until she becomes the ultimate mudshark and have little mullatos.  they'll include the whole Kardashian clan.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #881 on: December 21, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
Star Wars Force Awakens Review with no spoilers

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #882 on: December 21, 2015, 07:08:15 PM »
Disney will whore this out BIG time.  Nerds being what they are, will eat it up like Hippo & Herne at Schmoetel 6ex all you can pig out on photofest.

And by "whore" I mean PC friendly.  No one gets harmed except the old characters that actually had character, i.e., testicular fortitude.  Yes, I could be wrong but then this is a Disney property now...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #883 on: December 21, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »
A Must see for Urban Star Wars-fans
https://www.facebook.com/maxgoodrich/videos/192274661116285/
Star Wars Bling

Still think Return of the Jedi was the best one

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #884 on: December 22, 2015, 01:52:06 AM »
too rushed! they should have given him til 2016 xmas like he wanted.

maz kanata and rey saved it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #885 on: December 22, 2015, 03:14:44 AM »
a

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #886 on: December 22, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »
Darth Maul was never conflicted or prone to tantrums, but then again, he was never as powerful as Vader.

Not necessarily.  

In terms of raw power with the Force, Maul could have matched Vader.  In terms of harnessing the Force for subtle things like mind sway, premonition, force lightening, large scale battle and combat mediation and influence, etc...  he simply could not focus the Force that narrowly due to the over whelming power of it that he possessed.  He basically operated the Force like a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle like other Force masters could do.

The most powerful Sith of all time has to be Darth Marek.  This dude was standing on a planet and used the Force to grab a big ass Star Destroyer that was in orbit and rip it out of the sky and bring it crashing to the planet.  He even beat Vader twice and almost defeated the Emperor.

Darth Malgus was pretty damn powerful too.  He led the sack on the Jedi Temple and killed dozens of Jedi Masters.  He also was able to stop a ship in blast off and hold it suspended in the air despite it's turbo and thrusters going full blast.  He reached the point where he no longer simply used the Force, but rather he WAS the Force.  He was virtually unstoppable.  

On a side note, the Sith lords of old were much more powerful than Vader or the ones today.  Even more powerful than the Emperor.  The current Siths are watered down and weak which is a flaw in their Rule of Two mindset.  A master teaches the apprentice all he knows, but not everything the master knows.  So when the apprentice finally rises up and kills the master, all the knowledge that the Master has not taught yet dies with him.  The apprentice becomes the master and the cycle repeats itself.  This is why the old sith lords could to unbelievable feats with the Force.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #887 on: December 22, 2015, 07:10:13 AM »
Not necessarily.  

In terms of raw power with the Force, Maul could have matched Vader.  In terms of harnessing the Force for subtle things like mind sway, premonition, force lightening, large scale battle and combat mediation and influence, etc...  he simply could not focus the Force that narrowly due to the over whelming power of it that he possessed.  He basically operated the Force like a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle like other Force masters could do.

The most powerful Sith of all time has to be Darth Marek.  This dude was standing on a planet and used the Force to grab a big ass Star Destroyer that was in orbit and rip it out of the sky and bring it crashing to the planet.  He even beat Vader twice and almost defeated the Emperor.

Darth Malgus was pretty damn powerful too.  He led the sack on the Jedi Temple and killed dozens of Jedi Masters.  He also was able to stop a ship in blast off and hold it suspended in the air despite it's turbo and thrusters going full blast.  He reached the point where he no longer simply used the Force, but rather he WAS the Force.  He was virtually unstoppable.  

On a side note, the Sith lords of old were much more powerful than Vader or the ones today.  Even more powerful than the Emperor.  The current Siths are watered down and weak which is a flaw in their Rule of Two mindset.  A master teaches the apprentice all he knows, but not everything the master knows.  So when the apprentice finally rises up and kills the master, all the knowledge that the Master has not taught yet dies with him.  The apprentice becomes the master and the cycle repeats itself.  This is why the old sith lords could to unbelievable feats with the Force.

Was the rule of two something that was implemented at some point, but not always the case?  Sounds like it if Marek / Vader / Emperor all existed at the same time.

Also, is the above official cannon?  Even after a lot of it was "wiped"?
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #888 on: December 22, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »
Was the rule of two something that was implemented at some point, but not always the case?  Sounds like it if Marek / Vader / Emperor all existed at the same time.

Also, is the above official cannon?  Even after a lot of it was "wiped"?

Started by Darth Bane.

The Darth Bane Trilogy novels are a really good, quick read if you can find them!

There are torrents of the audiobooks (with voice acting/sound effects) that are really good as well
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #889 on: December 22, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
Started by Darth Bane.

The Darth Bane Trilogy novels are a really good, quick read if you can find them!

There are torrents of the audiobooks (with voice acting/sound effects) that are really good as well

Gotcha.

As for the Trilogy, is it official?
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #890 on: December 22, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »
Gotcha.

As for the Trilogy, is it official?

Not since the Disney takeover.
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #891 on: December 22, 2015, 07:40:46 AM »
Not since the Disney takeover.

That's what I thought.......

Expecting "Star Wars, The Sith Years" Episodes -3,-2,-1.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #892 on: December 22, 2015, 07:42:26 AM »
That's what I thought.......

Expecting "Star Wars, The Sith Years" Episodes -3,-2,-1.

Judging from the all the Old Republic stuff, those movies would be legit.

This is Darth Malgus storming the Jedi Temple, like described above.
a

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #893 on: December 22, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »
I thought it was ok, not as good as  a new hope but basically the same movie.
S

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #894 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »
Not necessarily.  

He was a blunt instrument -- a "fighting animal," as Darth Tyranus said -- but I sincerely doubt he could've matched Vader in sheer Force ... uhh, ability ;)  Anakin was supposed to become "more powerful than either of us," or so said Sidious of himself and Yoda, and Sidious completely and utterly p0wned Maul.  Did you see that Clone Wars episode in which he effortlessly killed Oppress and bitch-slapped Maul simultaneously?

I do think that at his best, Maul would've given Vader-in-the-suit a hard time in a lightsaber duel, however.

That's very true, but all of the Force Unleashed stuff is now deemed apocryphal.  Even before Disney redefined the canon/official policy, I'm pretty sure TFU was regarded as a "Legends" story.  Besides, fun as that game was (I never played pt. 2), Marek beating Vader and Palps was just stupid.  The kid was a total Gary Stu.

But didn't a Stormtrooper/Republic trooper precursor beat on him pretty good?  I know he was fighting Jedi in the same battle, but still ...

Well, again, even before the canon policy changed, many sources explicitly stated that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith Lord, ever.  His master was literally afraid when he looked at Palpatine's "aura," noting that it was so dark, Palps was basically the nexus of the Dark Side.  

You do make a good point about the Rule of Two, but I also have to figure that, for all of the knowledge that might be lost in the process (though that's what Holocrons are for), new knowledge would be gained over the eons as well.  Think of it as 3 steps foreward, one back (if that much).  

Regardless, Disney's policy pretty much wet blankets any such discussions; as I said, the newest material reaffirms other, older sources that established Sidious' supremacy over the Revan, Bane, Nihilus, Annedus, et al.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #895 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
I always thought that Anakin was The S(h)ith!
He was born out of that stuff. Mitochloridians or what was it?

None of that icky banging pelvises stuff.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #896 on: December 22, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
He was a blunt instrument -- a "fighting animal," as Darth Tyranus said -- but I sincerely doubt he could've matched Vader in sheer Force ... uhh, ability ;)  Anakin was supposed to become "more powerful than either of us," or so said Sidious of himself and Yoda, and Sidious completely and utterly p0wned Maul.  Did you see that Clone Wars episode in which he effortlessly killed Oppress and bitch-slapped Maul simultaneously?

I do think that at his best, Maul would've given Vader-in-the-suit a hard time in a lightsaber duel, however.

That's very true, but all of the Force Unleashed stuff is now deemed apocryphal.  Even before Disney redefined the canon/official policy, I'm pretty sure TFU was regarded as a "Legends" story.  Besides, fun as that game was (I never played pt. 2), Marek beating Vader and Palps was just stupid.  The kid was a total Gary Stu.

But didn't a Stormtrooper/Republic trooper precursor beat on him pretty good?  I know he was fighting Jedi in the same battle, but still ...

Well, again, even before the canon policy changed, many sources explicitly stated that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith Lord, ever.  His master was literally afraid when he looked at Palpatine's "aura," noting that it was so dark, Palps was basically the nexus of the Dark Side. 

You do make a good point about the Rule of Two, but I also have to figure that, for all of the knowledge that might be lost in the process (though that's what Holocrons are for), new knowledge would be gained over the eons as well.  Think of it as 3 steps foreward, one back (if that much). 

Regardless, Disney's policy pretty much wet blankets any such discussions; as I said, the newest material reaffirms other, older sources that established Sidious' supremacy over the Revan, Bane, Nihilus, Annedus, et al.

Hate to bring the bad news, but it's fake.  No rules exist.  Just what an author wants to write.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #897 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
Hate to bring the bad news, but it's fake.  No rules exist.  Just what an author wants to write.

That's like saying everything you just asserted is bunk.  "No rules exist; ergo, whatever I want to claim is right." :roll:

We all know it's not "real."  Of course it's not, as one of my philosophy professors said, "really real."  That constitutes a red herring.  For you to say the ancient Sith Lords were more powerful than the likes of Vader and Sidious betrays the notion that "it's fake" and "no rules exist." 

Mind you, I've no beef with you, my good man.  You are obviously a Star Wars fan who is familiar with the EU which, FWIW, I think was rather callously disregarded in the current so-called "canon."

Just the same, even as I was playing "The Force Unleashed" on my X360, I realized it was an exercise in extreme wankery.  Later sources confirmed my suspicion even before Disney wiped the EU slate clean.

According to the canon, Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord ever.  Anakin could have surpassed him, but given the injuries he sustained at Mustafar and his subsequent cyborg suit, he never could've truly realized his potential. 

But again, I reiterate that I've no problem with you, Sir Blanco.  I welcome the debate and thank you kindly for making me think :)

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #898 on: December 22, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »
Even though the Star Wars universe isn't "real", it has it's own rules and internal logic like every other fictional universe.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #899 on: December 22, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »
Not necessarily.  

You do know this isn't real life, right?