Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161215 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #950 on: December 28, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »
Think about it...............Is Star Wars the biggest entertainment franchise ever? What could possibly compare?

This Star Wars has a chance to break the all-time movie revenue record. That was the best money Disney ever spent.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #951 on: December 28, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »
Think about it...............Is Star Wars the biggest entertainment franchise ever? What could possibly compare?

This Star Wars has a chance to break the all-time movie revenue record. That was the best money Disney ever spent.

Have you heard about James Bond?

Disney has plans to do a spin off I think before they try Episode 8.  They'll make their money back form merchandise sales alone.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #952 on: December 28, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
Have you heard about James Bond?

Disney has plans to do a spin off I think before they try Episode 8.  They'll make their money back form merchandise sales alone.
Do you really think that the James Bond movies can compete with Star Wars, money wise?

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #953 on: December 28, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
A droid carries a secret and is chased by storm troopers, a Jedi who doesn't know he's a Jedi lives in a desert and escapes on the millennium f., goes to a bar where storm troopers kill everyone is taken prison but escapes with the help of solo and chewey, xwing destroys deathstar before it fires on the resistance home planet....and a dozen more scenes....

Which episode is this? 4 or 7?

All Star Wars fans go on about episodes 4-6 like they are the greatest thing ever. Why not just make the same shit but updated. They're not smart enough to think outside of a plot they like and appreciate it.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #954 on: December 28, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

Marvel Universe.....Crushes SW's not even close

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #955 on: December 28, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
Do you really think that the James Bond movies can compete with Star Wars, money wise?

Box office wise yes, James bond has made 2x more money (14 billion to 7 billion (might be 8 billion soon) but of course has  5 times  more films.  But where Star Wars beats them all is that they sold an estimate $17 billion in toys.  Also billions in licensing to those like Lego etc...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #956 on: December 28, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
All Star Wars fans go on about episodes 4-6 like they are the greatest thing ever. Why not just make the same shit but updated. They're not smart enough to think outside of a plot they like and appreciate it.

What makes them great?  I really think Darth Vader is the greatest movie character ever.  Even Lucas said the saga was about the life and death of Vader.  Kylo Ren can't hold a candle to Vader.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #957 on: December 28, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
Box office wise yes, James bond has made 2x more money (14 billion to 7 billion (might be 8 billion soon) but of course has  5 times  more films.  But where Star Wars beats them all is that they sold an estimate $17 billion in toys.  Also billions in licensing to those like Lego etc...
Exactly my point. I said as an "entertainment franchise", which encompasses everything.

Star Wars blows everything away.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #958 on: December 28, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
tic Universe (MCU) films are an American series of superhero films, based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The films have been in production since 2007, and in that time Marvel Studios has produced twelve films, with fourteen more in various stages of production. The series has collectively grossed over $9 billion at the global box office, making it the highest-grossing film franchise of all time.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #959 on: December 28, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »
tic Universe (MCU) films are an American series of superhero films, based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The films have been in production since 2007, and in that time Marvel Studios has produced twelve films, with fourteen more in various stages of production. The series has collectively grossed over $9 billion at the global box office, making it the highest-grossing film franchise of all time.

Kind of odd to call it a film franchise. coupling Captain America totals with Thor totals is not really a Franchise but since they fall under Marvel they are calling all films a franchise.
They have so many Marvel movies coming out, it's pretty crazy. 

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #960 on: December 28, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »
Kind of odd to call it a film franchise. coupling Captain America totals with Thor totals is not really a Franchise but since they fall under Marvel they are calling all films a franchise.

Batman franchise is probably huge...add the tv shows and it spans almost 100 years

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #961 on: December 28, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »

Not really. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (with movie rights to Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, but not X-Men and Spider-Man) was the plan from the start (starting with Iron Man in 2008) and Marvel set up their own film production company that was later bought by Disney. These movies are all connected.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #962 on: December 28, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
Not really. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (with movie rights to Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, but not X-Men and Spider-Man) was the plan from the start (starting with Iron Man in 2008) and Marvel set up their own film production company that was later bought by Disney. These movies are all connected.

And now Spider-Man.....

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #963 on: December 28, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »
And now Spider-Man.....

Yeah, was going to mention that, but didn't :) I think Sony still has the movie rights to Spider-Man though, they are just letting Marvel have access to use him in the MCU?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #964 on: December 28, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
Exactly my point. I said as an "entertainment franchise", which encompasses everything.

Star Wars blows everything away.
Add in the James Bond books as well.

Also, may want to look at the Star Trek entertainment franchise. That goes back to the 60s, with toys, clothing, TV show, multiple movies, plus spin off shows.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #965 on: December 28, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »
I don't know about anything that is bigger than Star Wars in terms of ticket sales and toy sales combined.

Maybe the Pixar movies and toys, but I don't see them as one entity like Star Wars.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #966 on: December 28, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
I don't know about anything that is bigger than Star Wars in terms of ticket sales and toy sales.

Maybe the Pixar movies and toys, but I don't see them as one entity like Star Wars.

Harry Potter has SW on ticket sales, but no sure about inflation adjusted #'s.
Y

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #967 on: December 28, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
Add in the James Bond books as well.

Also, may want to look at the Star Trek entertainment franchise. That goes back to the 60s, with toys, clothing, TV show, multiple movies, plus spin off shows.

Bond product placing Omega watches, BMW, Audi etc

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #968 on: December 28, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »
I don't know about anything that is bigger than Star Wars in terms of ticket sales and toy sales.

Marvel...toys are a huge business

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #969 on: December 28, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
Harry Potter has SW on ticket sales, but no sure about inflation adjusted #'s.

Harry Potter is a good shout. That shit was huge. But did they sell as much toys as Star Wars did and do?

Or Pixar?

I read that the Cars franchise alone sold like $5 billion in toys. Add in Toy Story, Shrek and all that other shit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #970 on: December 28, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
Harry Potter is a good shout. That shit was huge. But did they sell as much toys as Star Wars did and do?

Or Pixar?

I read that the Cars franchise alone sold like $5 billion in toys. Add in Toy Story, Shrek and all that other shit.

No ideal on overall merchandise.  I would think SW would be tough to beat though.
Y

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #971 on: December 28, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Liked how they threw in the interracial relationship too ::)

Retarded how Darth Plagueis is now a giant from a Disney movie Jack the Giant Slayer. 

This movie sucked on so many levels...complete hype

guyincognito

• Getbig III
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2015, 04:26:59 PM »
Liked how they threw in the interracial relationship too ::)

Retarded how Darth Plagueis is now a giant from a Disney movie Jack the Giant Slayer. 

This movie sucked on so many levels...complete hype

What is wrong with that?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
What is wrong with that?

The only force that she should experience is that of a stoning for being a purple crayon lover.  Thought they hanged those types on Alderaan.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2015, 04:35:43 PM »