Author Topic: Favorite Comic books / storylines  (Read 3344 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Favorite Comic books / storylines
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:20 AM »
in no special order and by no means complete, just some i had in my head now:

Batman: Hush

Batman: Year One

Spiderman: The Saga of the Alien Symbiote

Spiderman: Carnage

Preacher

Punisher: War Zone

Ironman: Extremis

Ironman: Execute Program

The Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Favorite Comic books / storylines
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:58 PM »
 ;D dis
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
 ;Dand dis
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
and dis ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »
and finally dis ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
LOL, wtf??
the three stooges go back in time and meet hercules.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
 ;D
F

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
NB: this is about the books, not the series in the works, American Gods.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63663

Neil Gaiman has officially announced plans to return to the world of Sandman with a prequel series which focuses on the early adventures of Morpheus.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
here is two more of my favorites i actually had both pic'd but  don't have anymore.... :( :(
F

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=65721

SANDMAN Movie Pitch Illustrations Revealed

We may never see Morpheus grace the big screen, but Neil Gaiman has just posted a link to some movie pitch illustrations by Jill Thompson, which he had shown to Warner Bros. back when a Sandman movie was in the very early stages of development..

Now we have no way of knowing exactly what would have ended up in the movie had it happened of course, as it seems Gaiman was pitching elements from his entire Sandman saga if these pics are anything to go by. But a good chunk of them seem to focus on the "Brief Lives" arc, in which Dream and Delirium seek out their long lost brother Destruction. Fan favorite characters such as The Corinthian, Fiddlers Green, and John Constantine are also depicted..

Update: Gaiman has revealed that the reason the pics cover so much of his run on Sandman, is that they were pitching for a sequence of 3 movies.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=75487

Neil Gaiman Updates Status Of HBO's AMERICAN GODS And Warner Bros.' SANDMAN

Attending a SXSW panel [“Chuck Lorre: In Conversation with Neil Gaiman”] with Chuck Lorre (The Big Bang Theory, producer), author Neil Gaiman touched on two projects of interest, Sandman and American Gods. Here's a recap of what was revealed.

•Neil says he feels like it's 1996 again as he's writing new Sandman and Neverwhere.

•On American Gods, Gaiman said that HBO is waiting on him to finish up a third draft of the pilot. Announced nearly two years ago, I was hoping the project would be a bit further along than this but it's a good thing the show's not being rushed I suppose.

•As far as rumors of a Sadman television show or movie are concerned, Gaiman stated that "Sandman is completely and utterly owned by DC which is [essentially] Warner Bros. [Sandman] may go over to the big screen or stay with Warner Television. They don’t tell me". Chuck Lorre chimed in and said that he worked there and maybe he should talk to someone as Sandman deserved to be on a screen to which Gaiman agreed.

There's a bit more at the source link below which includes a minute-by-minute recap of the panel. Sadly, it sounds like neither American Gods or Sandman are progressing at a blistering pace. Still, there's always that new Sandman comic book prequel on the way.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BadRubberPiggy/news/?a=82394

Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS Tv Show Adaptation Gets The Green Light At HBO

HBO has decided to follow through with plans to develop Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods into its next drama spanning six seasons at present.

The show is being developed by Tom Hanks' Playtone Productions with a budget set at $40 Million per season, comprising of 10-12 episodes each. The story is fantasy focused and will likely utilize a significant amount of CGI and also includes a variety of characters.

American Gods might come either late this year or 2014. Leave your thoughts in the usual place!

The story follows Shadow, who is anticipating release from prison when he learns that his wife has died in a car accident, which is only the beginning of his misfortunes. Shadow goes on to develop an uneasy alliance with Mr. Wednesday, a compelling salesman, and becomes caught in the middle of a struggle between American Gods, young and old.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
here is two more of my favorites i actually had both pic'd but  don't have anymore.... :( :(
these comics along with several others  were found at my mom's house. happy days are here again. a couple of each of  tarzan, kona, turok and gorgo comics were all in the box.
F