Author Topic: Dre Bly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete  (Read 10275 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
He gets an interception (great), then proceeds to celebrate as he is trying to run down the field (keep in mind the niners are down 35-10 at this point).  He never protects the ball, gets stripped, and then the falcons get the ball back on the fumble.  What on earth is wrong with modern black athletes?  From michael crabtree screwing himself in the ass with a pointless holdout to jamarcus russell skipping meetings and being wildly overweight, do they even realize how foolish they look in the eyes of the world? 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
he didnt even run 10 yards before he started celebrating

epitome of a moron

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
let's not foget the great glenn coffee forgetting to come onto the field and costing the niners a timeout that could've been used to challenge a bad call. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
How about Josh morgan slowing up at the five and shoe stringed?

The Defense is trying to turn everything into a big play and they have paid for it evey time.

These guys are playing like rookies in prime time today.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
How about Josh morgan slowing up at the five and shoe stringed?

The Defense is trying to turn everything into a big play and they have paid for it evey time.

These guys are playing like rookies in prime time today.

you gotta run through the end zone.... lazy lazy lazy

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
you gotta run through the end zone.... lazy lazy lazy

Calling out a guy who's faster than you just doesn't seem like a good move.  As the announcer said, you've already seen two of their receivers outrun your entire defense. lol

I had Turner and the Falcons defense today, so I was actually glad to see the result of that play. 

The Raiders really do suck.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
This is how the black athlete thinks:

Despite being approximately 75 yards from a touchdown - with the 49ers trailing by 25 points - Bly appeared to begin showboating by placing his hand behind his helmet, a la Deion Sanders.

He made it another 15 yards before White caught Bly from behind and stripped him of the ball. The Falcons recovered the fumble to retain possession, and later added a field goal.

Bly made no apologies for his ill-timed celebration.

"I'm going to be me - that's who I've always been," Bly said. "I like to have fun when I play the game. When I make plays, I've made a lot, I express myself. But I had that ball tucked, and he got the ball. That was a great play by Roddy."

I mean really how fucking stupid can he be?  he knows he never tucked that ball, he knows he was being a show boating nog, and he has the audacity to DEFEND his behavior and try and say he was taking care of the ball.  doesn't he know there is a technology called "replay" that clearly shows what really happened?? Fucking idiot.

OzmO

• Getbig V

Despite being approximately 75 yards from a touchdown - with the 49ers trailing by 25 points - Bly appeared to begin showboating by placing his hand behind his helmet, a la Deion Sanders.

He made it another 15 yards before White caught Bly from behind and stripped him of the ball. The Falcons recovered the fumble to retain possession, and later added a field goal.

"I'm going to be me - that's who I've always been," Bly said. "I like to have fun when I play the game. When I make plays, I've made a lot, I express myself. But I had that ball tucked, and he got the ball. That was a great play by Roddy."

I mean really how fucking stupid can he be?  he knows he never tucked that ball, he knows he was being a show boating nog, and he has the audacity to DEFEND his behavior and try and say he was taking care of the ball.  doesn't he know there is a technology called "replay" that clearly shows what really happened?? Fucking idiot.

What's classic, which is not exclusive to any race, is him not taking ownership of his monster fuck up.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.

What's classic, which is not exclusive to any race, is him not taking ownership of his monster fuck up.

no, but saying " I'm going to be me" is classic black-talk.

OzmO

• Getbig V
no, but saying " I'm going to be me" is classic black-talk.

He was just keeping it real.  ;D

body88

Re: Dre Bly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern black athlete
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
Lets try to be respectful.  Easy on the "nog" stuff, fellas.  I'm all for free speech and tackling tough issues, but do it in an intelligent way, please.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »
well, i can't help but can 'em as i see 'em, but i will refrain from using such language in the future. 

i love and respect barry sanders, jerry rice, ronnie lott, and emmitt smith.  They got the job done and always put team first, and they acted like they had done it before.  they were themselves and managed to win. apparently dre bly acting like himself equates to dumb ass, selfish decisions.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
Glad the Broncos got rid of him.  He didn't do shit to live up to the hype he had coming into Denver.  But what's up with the "What's wrong with the Modern Black Athlete" fucking CRAP?  Give me a break, for every Dre Bly doing something like this there are dozens of black athletes performing admirably.  Leave the fucking racist bullshit out of this forum. If this were representive of blacks in the NFL I would say fine, but hell no it is not.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 03:06:24 AM »
Dre Bly has always been a dumbass,  he's gets burnt going for the pick instead of playing his man as much as anyone in the NFL.   Even the idiots in the Lions front office were smart enough to figure that out.  Guy belongs in the CFL. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 03:56:37 AM »
Since I'm black, can I call him a stupid guy?

That highlight should be played over and over for black kids everywhere. "See what happens when you act like a guy?"

Epic teachable moment. Thanks, Dre', for the educational material.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 04:18:17 AM »
Since I'm black, can I call him a stupid guy?

That highlight should be played over and over for black kids everywhere. "See what happens when you act like a guy?"

Epic teachable moment. Thanks, Dre', for the educational material.

I just think he's a dumb fuck,  anyone can learn how not to act watching a dumb fuck.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »
He gets an interception (great), then proceeds to celebrate as he is trying to run down the field (keep in mind the niners are down 35-10 at this point).  He never protects the ball, gets stripped, and then the falcons get the ball back on the fumble.  What on earth is wrong with modern black athletes?  From michael crabtree screwing himself in the ass with a pointless holdout to jamarcus russell skipping meetings and being wildly overweight, do they even realize how foolish they look in the eyes of the world? 

Yeah whats wrong with Donavan Mcnabb and Patrick Willis, Miles Austin, Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin,  Andre Johnson, Nate Burleson , Larry Fitzgerald, Tori Holt, Eddie Royal, TJ. Whosyourmomma, Steve Smith, Musin Mohammed, Namdi Asumuah (degree from cal). Adrian Peterson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Tershard Choice, Marian Barber, Ladian Tomlinson, Michael turner, Ray Rice, Sammy Morris, Brandon Jacobs, Clinton Portis, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones, Michael Bush, Marcus Colston, Hines Ward, Santana moss, etc......

all these black atheletes have something wrong with them...their blackness keeps them from being good people

::)

Get a fuckin life....And that aint even a 5th of the nfl..All Black players and none of them are showboaters...but i never seen you do a thread about Jeremy Shockley though...dude get a fuckin life and stop living in a bubble. Skin color dont determine behavior.  ::) fuckin idiot

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 06:10:40 AM »

Really chump, thats how the black athlete thinks...is that how mike singletary thinks, patrick willis thinks, Spikes, he is black is that how he thinks, what about mike singletarys teamate walter payton..sure thats how he used to think. maybe frank gore...showboater for sure. Issac Bruce is an all about me guy? I swear the more you type the more i am sure you dont have a degree of higher education. Fuckin Stupid ass...Dont make blanket statements like "this is how the black Athlete thinks" especially on a board where i am on because i will shove that statement down your fuckin pathetic little throat and disprove your argument with stats and facts.....seriously

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »
andre johnson is the epitome of what a athelete should be that man is one of the best recievers in the league. Has played on an under performing team that has yet to make the playoffs has one over 500 season(b/c the giants decided to rest their starters for playoffs) and I have never, never not once ever heard that man complain or say one bad thing about his team or teamates.

He does his job and keeps his head down he seems to understand that even if he isnt getting the ball b/c he is being double teamed all game that means he is helping open up the field for other ppl.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »
andre johnson is the epitome of what a athelete should be that man is one of the best recievers in the league. Has played on an under performing team that has yet to make the playoffs has one over 500 season(b/c the giants decided to rest their starters for playoffs) and I have never, never not once ever heard that man complain or say one bad thing about his team or teamates.

He does his job and keeps his head down he seems to understand that even if he isnt getting the ball b/c he is being double teamed all game that means he is helping open up the field for other ppl.

yeah..he is my homeboy...coolest dude you ever wanna meet...i coach down in atlanta as a volunteer and dude has come out on his own dime to talk to my boys about ball and life...dude is a 110% class act...this is my birthday in miami this past year

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »

yeah..he is my homeboy...coolest dude you ever wanna meet...i coach down in atlanta as a volunteer and dude has come out on his own dime to talk to my boys about ball and life...dude is a 110% class act...this is my birthday in miami this past year
no sheet? next time you come through houston mal you hit me up bro

glad to hear he is as good a person as i thought he was

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »
no sheet? next time you come through houston mal you hit me up bro

glad to hear he is as good a person as i thought he was

oh ok...oh hell yeah..i only know him and another dude name mike who does Land Scaping in houston..

We went to the Diamond Club when i was out there...and papadoux...some fish place...hella good

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 08:30:58 AM »
oh ok...oh hell yeah..i only know him and another dude name mike who does Land Scaping in houston..

We went to the Diamond Club when i was out there...and papadoux...some fish place...hella good
yall dont have papadoux's where your from mal? ya that place is damn good man i always get the crawfish platter, fried crawfish, crawfish ettoufe and some dirty rice now thats some damn good eating.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »
yall dont have papadoux's where your from mal? ya that place is damn good man i always get the crawfish platter, fried crawfish, crawfish ettoufe and some dirty rice now thats some damn good eating.

We have one in atlanta...like 30 min north...but none in LA

Dude i got the crab fondue...was too good..i got full off the appetisers