Author Topic: Who's Shoes?  (Read 60555 times)

619Rules

Re: Who's Shoes?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 07:43:34 PM »
Hard ones to identify. Mainly posted for Glowboy to ID........ If it turns out too dark, I can lighten it up later.

I am calling Eddie Giuliani of World Gym fame  on the left, and the next one on the right as Manny Perry........dont recognize the last 2-glowboy can fill in the blanks.... ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 08:34:17 PM »
Rules, I think you are right, but let's hold off the award till Glowboy verifies.

This one should be eady to ID at least one of the persons. Almost impossible to ID the others though.

Notice that two are twins.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38:58 PM »
Long while back.......

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
Another Hampton shot.  In my opinion, he turned out to be one  of the best bodybuilders of all time.

That should start a major argument.

It appears to me that James just took his time and got better and better and better like that Energizer bunny. Did he ever win any major titles?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 08:53:08 PM »
Everyone can name two but who is the third? He did win a few small contests but even Glowboy will fail this one.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 09:47:48 PM »
That doesn't look like Eddie.  And I don't think that is is Manny.  The middle guy (blond) looks like an old friend of mine Robert Armbrust

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 10:22:01 PM »
Long while back.......

That is of course Richard Baldwin, who used to train in Florida with the late inaugural Ms. America (1980) winner Laura Combes, and they also competed in mixed pairs contests.

Laura's degree of muscularity was considered shocking in the late 70's and early 80's.  Does anyone remember seeing her featured on the TV show Real People in 1979?  Yet Laura herself made the prophetic statement that women would come after her who would make her "look like a kid."

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 12:23:19 AM »
Thanks, Dan-O. Never had the honor of meeting Combes but I do remember her and how good she was back then.

Here's a couple that might pose some difficulties ......

I think I posted them earlier but this is another appropriate occasion. How about the bodybuilder's name, approximate date, and location. Here's a hint: He won the Mr International (IFBB) within a year of taking this picture.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 12:27:45 AM »
The guy is easy. Sad to say he passed away a couple of years back, but who is the lady?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 12:34:10 AM »
Name him and the gym he trained in when and where this shot was taken and approximate date of same.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 12:38:25 AM »
What is he doing now?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 12:49:01 AM »
One of the originals and a heck of a good guy. Name him and what is he doing today?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 06:15:28 AM »
One of the originals and a heck of a good guy. Name him and what is he doing today?

Not sure Stunt but kinda looks like Dave Dupre?
X

Glowboy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 06:52:11 AM »
      Thanks, Stuntmovie.  Yeah, you posted some tough ones this time.  I think that is Dave Dupree in the background of the group of four pumping up photo.  I see the great natural bodybuilder Eddie Love seated in the background of the most muscular photo.  Nice photo of Richard Baldwin and Billy Smith. 

You have a great and unique collection of photos.  I appreciate you posting them.  Got some thinking to do on some of those other bodybuilders. 

Glowboy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 06:55:38 AM »
     Stuntmovie, one more guess.  The two bodybuilders with Bill Grant look like Marty and Pete Vranicar.  Almost didn't recognize Marty V. without the mustache. 

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »
Name him and the gym he trained in when and where this shot was taken and approximate date of same.

Is that Jon Aranita?

Although I would have no idea about when & where as I was never a part of the west coast scene way back when.  I would guess early 80's.

Glowboy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:17 AM »
     Stuntmovie, those other two bodybuilders in the group of four pumping up might be Robert Smith and Joe Nazario. 

The bodybuilder posing the most muscular (with Eddie Love seated in the background) looks like Mike Arnold.

The bodybuilder accompanying Arnold and Dave Draper looks a bit like Frank Pantoja.

It has been a lot of years ago that I have even thought of those names so my memory is probably a little rusty.  But, that is the best effort it wants to conjure up.  Thanks for the posting the photos.  They really do bring back many memories.

Oh yeah, I am thinking the Mr. International bodybuilder is Andreas Cahling.  I do not know the location.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 10:50:36 AM »
Lord and GLowboy, You guys are correct on Dave Dupree in both cases. Anyone know how to contact him?

Correct on Billy Smith and Richard Baldwin too.

Negative on Jon Aranita, Dan-O.

Glowboy, not sure about RObert Smith but that is definitely NOT Joe Nazario who was a great friend many years ago before we lost contact.

Yes on Eddie Love and not sure about Mike Arnold.

The International winner is not Andreas. It is Bob Birdsong who was definitely one solid mass of muscle back then.

As a side, it is interesting to note that most of the guys back then stayed in great and solid shape all year round and a small waist was critical for winning contests. When Bob won the International, he was exceptionally great.

The young guy with Arnold and Dave in the trees is a frend of mine who used to train with Ed Corney at Ed's Gym  in Fremont, California. He won a few contests but don't ask me which ones because I don't remember. He and Arnold hung out for a week of adventures while Arnold was stuck in Hawaii until he managed to get a return flight home... long story there.

Glow, I believe you are correct about the Vranicar brothers too. Whatever happened to them?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 10:58:28 AM »
Easy one. Name both!

Where was it taken? Who produced the contest?

And what is that big thing in the background? (I know these answers - I THINK)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 11:03:47 AM »
Easy one. Where is he now.

619Rules

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2005, 11:11:35 AM »
What is he doing now?

Billy Smith is running a nutrition company-it was posted on the gossip board-there is a link for it somewhere.

Robby guest posed at the LA Open in 1989-and Arnold showed up- Bill Smith was robbed of a first place finish by some of the worst judging I have ever seen. He dominated the HVY WT's , just as Tom Wiggins dominated the LT HVY's, and the both were given second place. Jeff Snead-not a bad BBer won and should have NEVER beaten Bill Smith.

On a side note Bill Smith worked the counter for Gold's Gym Venice back then..........

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 11:14:51 AM »
Below - one hell of a great guy. I believe that only he and Tony Pierson were the two bodybuilders to ever win the Jr USA and Jr America the same years. Could be wrong though. Pictures were taken off season if I recall right.

Stopped by Gold's in Santa Monica once to pick Ernie up and take him out to lunch and found him just about passed out on the floor claiming that he still had to train.

So Pete comes over and tells me to watch him close because he just finished one hell of a workout and ended up doing legs with Platz and was a little "fuzzed up" in the head at present and still thought that he just got to the gym for a workout. Then just about that time while I was helping Ernie get up from the floor, another "fuzzed up" competitor walked out of the gym right in front of a moving car and breaks his leg. Those low carb days were tuff to live through.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
Here's a photo of someone previously mentioned.  Thanks for the Smith update, Rules!

619Rules

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 11:48:20 AM »
Joe Nazzario-Mr International.....the only two Mr Internatinals I know are him and Andreas Cahling.

BTW-Cahling  was working out at my gym in Solana Beach in the mid 90's and he looked great. Then he stopped weight training and only did yoga-dropped a lot of weight-looked to be about 160-170 tops, maybe less.

Cahlig has started selling all his clothes-not just posng trunks-on EBAY.......will post a link later.....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 11:49:29 AM »
Rules, thanks for the Andreas update.

How come no one has taken a guess at the guy in the black and white, tank top, double bi, photo up above?

Too hard or just too evident?

Whatever happened to Judy? She went to Las Vegas about five years ago and has not been heard from since!