Author Topic: TALKING WHILE LIFTING?  (Read 5145 times)

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: TALKING WHILE LIFTING?
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »
LMAO..... i think its funny but when your in the gym I dont know if i should asnwer questions or just slap the shit out of someone they act like lost puppies.

I think they are just looking for someone they can be friends with so when they come into the gym they have someone to talk to and workout with.

i like to workout by myself unless i need a spot.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »
FYI, Some kid asked me today what a set was and I almost went off (Talk about stupid questions) he had on his lifting belt(brand new) his lifting gloves with straps (brand new) and his whole outfit matched..

I did talk to him

I said, "go find a trainer"
WHY? I read a story about Steve Michaluk being like that? Taking a second between a set is no big deal to help a kid out. He probably sees you and says holy shit that guy looks awesome I want to look like that, so he builds up the courage to ask you and you treat em like fly buzzing around you. thats whats wrong with BBing, the guys are big as are their egos and its never going to change.
bodybuildersreality.com

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »
I agree with you Yates, but theres just that time when you wanna go in cause you feel awsome that day and bust out a set you havnt ever done and you know today is the day. Now your doing it your maxing out and you feel you can do another max and all of a sudden Excuse me? Dude were did you get those gloves? Does it help you to lift all that weight better? do you think I should get a pair so i can get big too? I was thinking of taking steroids? but my friends say i shouldnt cause what it could do to me. Do you take steroids? do you think I should take steroids?"""" and all of a sudden 10 minutes or so has past and now you dont feel like doing that next big lift.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »
I agree with you Yates, but theres just that time when you wanna go in cause you feel awsome that day and bust out a set you havnt ever done and you know today is the day. Now your doing it your maxing out and you feel you can do another max and all of a sudden Excuse me? Dude were did you get those gloves? Does it help you to lift all that weight better? do you think I should get a pair so i can get big too? I was thinking of taking steroids? but my friends say i shouldnt cause what it could do to me. Do you take steroids? do you think I should take steroids?"""" and all of a sudden 10 minutes or so has past and now you dont feel like doing that next big lift.
yes i understand that part, it can be a drag. There is one little guy at my gym....hes got a handicap with his legs so he has one of those buggies and the kid literatly won't be quiet. but still i see no reason at all to be rude. its not hard to say just a sec i gotta do this set...or finish my workout.
bodybuildersreality.com

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 11:03:16 AM »
Whoa.... Lemme define " a kid" he was probally in his mid 20's (hence not really a kid but a MAN that should know what a fuckin set it)
U

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »
Now dont get me wrong and Im not a bad guy.I do talk to alot of the guys myself and they probably think the same thing that I think when i want to be left alone HAHAHAHAHA

it really all depends on the day im having cause you never know one of these guys might need to help you someday.LOL when I or you are trapped under like 400 pounds. and the guy is like and you want me to help you get this off of you hahahahaha.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:27 AM »
I am not by nature a complete asshole,

but I CANNOT tolerate ignorance
U

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »
I am not by nature a complete asshole,

but I CANNOT tolerate ignorance
it must be because you are SO FUCKING HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 165LBS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »
You sound like that TOOL alexxx

Why don't you go play with him??
U

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 07:06:09 PM »
it's not hard to be polite. taking a quick second to help somebody is well-worth your time. small things like that can mean alot

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »
ROLMAO!!! How the hell did I miss this thread!! I can image Zeek and Udeluz training hardcore with all their straps and leather belts screaming at the top of their lungs, pounding their chests all in the while trying to intimidate little kids at the Boys and Girls club.
just push some weight!

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 08:13:19 PM »
alexxx, are you for real......future Mr. Olympia.....who the fuck are you kidding? What are you there for?To taste the urine samples? Dude get off the glue that you think is juice. You by no means will ever and I mean eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvee eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr will get on a Mr. Olympia stage, bitch ass poser....man I outta slap your momma for not swallowing. 
Just spot me BITCH!!!

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »
Now dont get me wrong and Im not a bad guy.I do talk to alot of the guys myself and they probably think the same thing that I think when i want to be left alone HAHAHAHAHA

it really all depends on the day im having cause you never know one of these guys might need to help you someday.LOL when I or you are trapped under like 400 pounds. and the guy is like and you want me to help you get this off of you hahahahaha.

you said it: trapped under 400 pounds..... it was either your x-girlfriend on top of you or somehow you wiggleda barbell off the bench and it crushed your sternum...  if you are benching 400lbs at 168lbs than you are my idol
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »
alexxx, are you for real......future Mr. Olympia.....who the f**k are you kidding? What are you there for?To taste the urine samples? Dude get off the glue that you think is juice. You by no means will ever and I mean eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvee eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr will get on a Mr. Olympia stage, bitch ass poser....man I outta slap your momma for not swallowing. 

dude the joke is on you because Alexxx is a pro.... so shut up fag and find a playpen punk
ah yeah Im a voodo child

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 08:37:02 PM »
So let me get this straight...kinda like you are not big john(well anyone who is a blues fan can't be straight). You and alexxx(I do appologize alexxx if you are a pro it was not my intent to disrespect you) can trash everyone in here and it is OK. But someone else speaks there mind and you have a problem with that. Man you are f**cked. Grow up tough guy and use the board for what its here for. Other people to help each other. What are you the steroid god and your knowledge is key? Man life has thrown you for a serious loss of reality. As for my playpen, your world is my playpen and I just made it that much smaller.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

iron270cal

• Getbig II
  • The SHOCKER
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2006, 09:03:26 PM »
Don't get me wrong I can appreciate the use of a training log however when the SOB is sitting there jotting down his life story while others are waiting pisses me off other than that turn up the MP3  player and iggy the Q's and A's

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
If some new guy is just setting his foot in the gym and has not read anything about bodybuilding it is a pretty lame thing not to know what a set is. I could see maybe non bodybuilders not knowing but if you are interested in something you should know basic terms.  I would of told him what a set is then told him to go and buy a good basic book on body building.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 09:47:36 AM »
it seems ok when I am not on a cycle but when I am pumped like a fuckin bull and between a set and the little nerds come ask what supplements i am on it pisses me off.............

discuss

loosen up look were all that tension got titus ;D
p

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
I've got no prob. talking "BREIFLY" when I'm going from one excersize to the next.But I'm not up for hearing someones life story or probs.I've got enough of my own.I am only aquainted with mabe 5 people from the gym.And I like to keep it that way.So I keep the headphones on,And keep moving.They got to catch me first.
    But that dosen't mean I wont give someone a spot who needs it.Cause the time may come where I need a spot.Then I'll get the too busy treatment.
give in to the darkside

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »
I talk I lift I lift I talk.... it ok to say whats up but I agree i dont want to hear sob stories and i dont want to hear propblems.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 04:03:28 PM »
Exactly.I mean common who the f*ck are we to be giving some kid the superstar treatment.But at the same time.I'll give some time.But don't waste my time.Hell.If I'm done training.Or doing cardio.I'll chew the fat till the cows come home.No prob.But please extend the courtesy not to interupt me while I'm in between sets.Unless it's a breif hello.AND DONT DARE INTERUPT ME IN THE MIDDLE OF A SET!!!
    I think I speak for alot of people when I say this.Nothing pisses me off more than some jabroni walkin' up,And asking how many sets I have in the middle of a f*ckin' deadlift.Or while benching.Or squating.You know,Exsersizes that require concenteration.Oh god forgive me.But I want to ram a bar bell up there ass...Side ways :-X ;D
      So kids.Lets reveiw.We dont bother people while they are in the middle of training,Withdrawn out talk/questions.We dont interrupt someone while in the middle of a set.We wait till they are obviously done or moving from one excersize to the next.I extend that courtesy to you.All I ask is you do the same.CAN I GET AN AMEN!?
        Class dismissed.
give in to the darkside

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »
Exactly.I mean common who the f*ck are we to be giving some kid the superstar treatment.But at the same time.I'll give some time.But don't waste my time.Hell.If I'm done training.Or doing cardio.I'll chew the fat till the cows come home.No prob.But please extend the courtesy not to interupt me while I'm in between sets.Unless it's a breif hello.AND DONT DARE INTERUPT ME IN THE MIDDLE OF A SET!!!
    I think I speak for alot of people when I say this.Nothing pisses me off more than some jabroni walkin' up,And asking how many sets I have in the middle of a f*ckin' deadlift.Or while benching.Or squating.You know,Exsersizes that require concenteration.Oh god forgive me.But I want to ram a bar bell up there ass...Side ways :-X ;D
      So kids.Lets reveiw.We dont bother people while they are in the middle of training,Withdrawn out talk/questions.We dont interrupt someone while in the middle of a set.We wait till they are obviously done or moving from one excersize to the next.I extend that courtesy to you.All I ask is you do the same.CAN I GET AN AMEN!?
        Class dismissed.

True that! I was doing some rack deads and this little chump walks by and screams: "HEY ALEX!!" I just ignored him and kept doing my deads. He walked away without me even acknowledging him so I think he got the point.
just push some weight!

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »
Forgive him.For he knows not what he dose 8)
give in to the darkside

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »
Forgive him.For he knows not what he dose 8)

I am not mad at him I just completely ignore anyboy and everybody when I am doing my set.
just push some weight!