Author Topic: Gary Strydom, no back, yeah right  (Read 14136 times)

Dante

• Getbig I
Gary Strydom, no back, yeah right
« on: April 24, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »
I hope none of the pros are taking what everybody says about Gary not having a back too seriously,   he has no weakneses,  if you guys would just realize that the big blocky look is ugly then youd understand why his back may have seemed small before,  but as of now   that is not the case,  Jay Cutler you are in trouble,  you couldnt even tie Gary Strydoms shoes

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Gary Strydom, no back, yeah right
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:20:53 AM »
lats look pretty weak to me... very high insertion point too

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 12:29:11 AM »
This is why people say Gary has no back , in all fairness Gary was very depleted for this contest and not as big as he normally was but whats ironic is even when he was heavier there aren't any pic of him doing this shot .

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 02:25:13 AM »
I hope none of the pros are taking what everybody says about Gary not having a back too seriously,   he has no weakneses,  if you guys would just realize that the big blocky look is ugly then youd understand why his back may have seemed small before,  but as of now   that is not the case,  Jay Cutler you are in trouble,  you couldnt even tie Gary Strydoms shoes

Hi Gary
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 04:49:17 AM »
 Gary's back was very detailed, but he looks Dillettesque there. :-\

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 06:05:57 AM »
This is why people say Gary has no back , in all fairness Gary was very depleted for this contest and not as big as he normally was but whats ironic is even when he was heavier there aren't any pic of him doing this shot .

haha that looks like yate's back double bicep shot, with only his christmas tree standing out at remarkable. :-X

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 06:26:15 AM »
Show us a back pic and all questions will be answered until then , Strydom is one of the best ....from the front, and one of trhe worst in the back ...
L

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 06:37:52 AM »

Dang.. What happened to his arms?
I am a mini beast

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 06:40:43 AM »
Somebody find a few back shots of Gary's WBF days.....that shot of Haney and Gary do no justice...

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 06:43:56 AM »
that shot is not a true representation of what Gary was in his heyday.  Gary only competed at that low bodyweight as a pro once, at that Olympia.  He went for the ultra shredded look that was the thing back then and he was probably the most ripped guy on stage that day...well maybe Demay..either way, gary was totally shredded and that was the look he was going for..look up pics from the 1st IronMan..that was gary at about 260lbs...
nasser=piece of shit

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 06:56:15 AM »
I just watched the WBF video, Gary's back was not that bad at all.  It wasn't as good as haney, but it's not in the dillet/duvall category.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »
Maybe Lee liked training back more then Gary?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
Maybe Lee liked training back more then Gary?

Excellent point Mars, some pros only like to train beach muscles. Maybe Gary was one of them.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19:22 AM »
First time i agree with you on something Lucious.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »
First time i agree with you on something Lucious.

;D

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 10:09:21 AM »
He's squeezing his shoulder blades together in that pic not flaring them out to accentuate width.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »
I hope none of the pros are taking what everybody says about Gary not having a back too seriously,   he has no weakneses,  if you guys would just realize that the big blocky look is ugly then youd understand why his back may have seemed small before,  but as of now   that is not the case,  Jay Cutler you are in trouble,  you couldnt even tie Gary Strydoms shoes

OK, "Dante" AAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »

haney crucifys him in that pic.

dorian would have retired him in shame.

he aint got the back ... great physique .. but looks inadequate against the mass monsters.

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
Of course, Strydom's back was not in Haney's league, but to be fair to him, he was far too depleted and competed well below his usual weight in that contest (in the 220s, I think) and when this shot (which often seems to come up on Strydom topics) was taken he was in transition between poses, making his back (and arms) look smaller than they actually were.
Lies, damn lies and diets

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »
Of course, Strydom's back was not in Haney's league, but to be fair to him, he was far too depleted and competed well below his usual weight in that contest (in the 220s, I think) and when this shot (which often seems to come up on Strydom topics) was taken he was in transition between poses, making his back (and arms) look smaller than they actually were.

ok . . . if I buy what you're saying, then what happened to his delts? 

I love how everyone posts solo shots in other threads and says, "Wooo . . . look at that back." We need comparisons.  Jay Cutler is probably one of the two widest men in bb . . . if Cutler stood next to him in a back shot, it would be like a 707 (gary, although he is taller) standing next to a 747 (cutler).

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 12:10:21 PM »
ok . . . if I buy what you're saying, then what happened to his delts? 

I love how everyone posts solo shots in other threads and says, "Wooo . . . look at that back." We need comparisons.  Jay Cutler is probably one of the two widest men in bb . . . if Cutler stood next to him in a back shot, it would be like a 707 (gary, although he is taller) standing next to a 747 (cutler).

Well, that's my point. Strydom was known for having great delts (unlike his back), but in that shot they look pitiful (along with his back and arms). I can only think this is because he was in transition between poses when the shot was taken and not yet able to show his body to maximum effect. Could be wrong though.

A shot of Strydom's delts and another comparison with Haney from 1988.

Lies, damn lies and diets

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 01:51:11 PM »
Strydoms nick name was "Copperfield".... cause when he turned to his back.... HE DISAPPEARED
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 01:54:26 PM »
We said back shots we all know he looks good from the front

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »
Well, that's my point. Strydom was known for having great delts (unlike his back), but in that shot they look pitiful (along with his back and arms). I can only think this is because he was in transition between poses when the shot was taken and not yet able to show his body to maximum effect. Could be wrong though.

A shot of Strydom's delts and another comparison with Haney from 1988.

Gord ,that's not a fair comparison.GS over-dieted for his first(&only) Olympia.He weighed in at 224lbs. Far less from the WBF where he was around the 260lb mark.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »
Dante: When you start a thread In the manner of which you titled
It. You better bring It on, with an awesome backshot from Gary
Strydom.. ( Which you did not!!!! ) All I am saying is don't start a thread on the mans back when there are no pics what's so ever to justify him having one. Don't get me wrong. I love Strydoms physique from the front, but anyone can see, ( depleted or not ) like Nasser.
His back did not hold up !